Cardinals name their captains

Posted by Darren Urban on September 10, 2009 – 10:06 am

The Cardinals named their captains today and those chosen come as no surprise. On offense, it’s quarterback Kurt Warner and wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald. Defensively, it’s a trio: safety Adrian Wilson, defensive tackle Darnell Dockett and linebacker Karlos Dansby. On special teams, it’s Pro Bowler Sean Morey. What it does is drive home the star power the Cards have these days; the Cards obviously also have Pro Bowler Anquan Boldin, who has served as a captain in the past.

CaptainsBlog

Tags: , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to “Cardinals name their captains”

1. By azkards on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

Good to see all those guys still have the respect of the locker room.
    Go Cards!!!!!

2. By Rugbymuffin on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

Hey Darren,

Where are the red home replica Adrian Wilson jerseys?

What is the hold up ? :)

3. By darrenurban on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

Rugby —

I have my hands in a lot of things but figuring out what jerseys they sell remains out of my department.

I will pass on your concern, however. ;)

4. By steve on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

i have to say its a little surprising that boldin wasnt named a captain by his own teamates…i wonder if the cards arent still inquiring about a trade with boldin…

5. By vsancards on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

I also wonder why a team has so many captains. Not to say these players are not deserving, I just think there should be only one captain per offense, defense and speacial teams. For me they would be:
    Kurt Warner on offense
    Adrian Wilson on defense
    Sean Morey on ST

Larry, Karlos, and Dockett should be team lieutenants ;)

6. By CardsDNA on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

Is this a reflection of how the team view’s Q’s issues from last year and the off season?

7. By darrenurban on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

CardsDNA — I wouldn’t make that assumption. We’ll get more details in a bit, but the players have been the ones voting on this in the past.

8. By kerouac9 on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

Darren–

Is there something you can do about the picture? I’m guessing that you’re using WordPress to set up the site, but whenever I roll my mouse across it, it pops up this REALLY annoying window.

Thanks,

K9

9. By azkards on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

I don’t thionk it’s a slam on Boldin, just look back at the year Fitz had and that should answer that question.

10. By Oath on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

Rugbymuffin I just got my home Adrian Wilson jersey last nite
    I just ordered a custom one with his info it looks sharp

11. By William Lutz on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

I am happy to see that Nine-O (Dockett) got picked as a captain. It seems like it was a few short years ago that he was seen seen as undisciplined, maybe even immature. It seems clear from his recent comments and his play that he has “grown up” a lot and now to receive this honor from this team mates really shows how far he has come. I hope he has a great year!

12. By darrenurban on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

K9 — I think, if you roll over that picture and get the smaller “picture,” it should say in the bottom right corner “turn site previews off.” I think that should work.

13. By Patrick on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

How did we luck out and get Jeremy Bridges? How did he look in practice.?What a great addition.

Also, will hyphen be the kick returner Sunday?

14. By darrenurban on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

Patrick —

Don’t know about who will do kick returns yet. I would assume the Hyphen. I will mention it in my notebook which should be posted in the next 30 minutes. Bridges was cut by Washington. Tough to tell what he is doing in practice. He’ll be a good veteran backup though.

15. By catdaddy1 on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

Being voted as a Captain is an Honor voted by the team and generally to players that play. either we, (the fans), have been mislead by the medias report on Q’s Hammy and he really is hurt or the voters know better, in which case, maybe he needs to sit and think about free agency and how teams love players that complain and always want more. Does T.O. ring a bell?

16. By tygrbass on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

what is wrong with Q”s hamstring exactly it seems to be a lingering issue carried from last year and into the preseason there has been alot of time to heal a strained muscle is there any other issues

17. By darrenurban on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

tygrbass —

This has nothing to do with the injury he had in the playoffs, as far as I know. This is a new injury suffered at practice a couple weeks ago.

18. By Brad Tiffan on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

Great picks for team captains. I have Larry and Kurt on my fantasy team. I am very excited/nervous for the game on Sunday. Pre-season was a little scary. I guess that is why they have a pre-season. Go Cards!