Whiz: Banner ceremony for the fans

Posted by Darren Urban on September 10, 2009 – 3:37 pm

Coach Ken Whisenhunt has said a few times (along with his players) that is is time for the team to move on from 2008 and concentrate on 2009. So with that in mind, what were Whiz’s thoughts on the NFC Championship banner ceremony that will be held prior to Sunday’s opener against the 49ers?

That it is important for the fans.

“For me personally, (the banner ceremony) is not that important,” Whisenhunt said, “because I know it’s going to be there. But for our fans, I absolutely think it’s important because it is as much theirs as it is ours. Without them, I don’t think we would have had home-field advantage and maybe not the success. It is important for our fans because it is a small reward for their contributions to our team.”

NFCBannerBlog

Tags: , ,

9 Responses to “Whiz: Banner ceremony for the fans”

1. By Andrew on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

Heck yes it is!!! I can’t wait to watch the banner unfold on Sunday!!! How long have we waited for an opening day as special as this one? We need to top it off with a win and get this season started right!

2. By CaliCard on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

I think it’s cool and all but I just hope we kick ass again this year and bring home a Superbowl banner!

3. By Barb wurzbach on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

I think it is important to us as fans but a win is just as important. Lastyear was great but we want to go back and win it all this year!!! Go cards

4. By Robert on Sep 10, 2009 | Reply

i’m cool with a playoff birth.

5. By catdaddy1 on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

This game with the niners is pivotal, we win this game and we are going to have a great year, I know it is early, but this game means either a 8 win season or a 12 win season. 29 should worry a little more about coverage than gold teeth.

6. By Nesto on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

It will be great to see that Banner unfold but at the same time we, The Fans, are ready to back our Cardinals and top last years home field advantage. I know our team can win the home opener. The game plan has to be there. And one a request for Adrian Wlson: If Crabtree ever gets the balls to play in the NFL. Knock him out.

7. By Darog on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

I can’t wait for the first game Sunday and to see the new banner unveiled!!! How awesome – especially for the fans that have been loyal from the start in 1988. I was a season ticket holder back at the ASU stadium for 3 years straight, then I gave up and then joined in on the “fan wagon” 2 seasons ago at the new Phoenix Stadium and man has it been a fun ride- especially all the tailgating before the games, the NFC playoffs and the NFC Championship Game!!! We almost won the big one, but it doesn’t matter, we’ll do it this year, and the win that got away, will be forgotten – GO CARDS – NFC CHAMPIONS!!! Have an awesome season!!!

8. By Mike S on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

This Home Opener will be special. I have been a football fan since I was 3, and until last year against Philly, I had never, ever witnessed a sports environment anywhere in the world like that day at the UoP. We, as fans, played a big part in our guys building on their success in the Playoffs last year. We should all be proud, and embrace opportunities like witnessing the addition of one very important new fixture adorning our stadium. Every famous team who has won multiple Super Bowls had a FIRST conference championship flag. This one is ours. Our lore is underway and building, one season at a time. GO CARDS!!!

2. Sep 11, 2009: Word From the Birds Blog