Cards get sellout, avoid blackout — UPDATED

Posted by Darren Urban on September 11, 2009 – 1:00 pm

It’s official: The Cardinals have sold out Sunday’s home opener against the 49ers to beat the (extended) deadline and now the local TV blackout will be lifted. The game will be aired on Fox 10 in the Valley.

Everyone can breathe easier now.

UPDATE: There are still a limited number of tickets still available for those who want in the building to see live not only the Cards’ first game but also the NFC Championship banner ceremony. You can get them via Ticketmaster by phone (800) 745–3000 or on-line at www.ticketmaster.com, or at the Stadium box office.

Tags: , ,

26 Responses to “Cards get sellout, avoid blackout — UPDATED”

1. By Eric on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

If they can’t sell out this game, they can’t sell out any game. They’ll be hanging the NFC Champion banner and the crowd will be INSANE loud! Bring earplugs if you have sensitive ears!

2. By Trish on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

Go Cardinals! We love ya!

3. By bradfrmphnx on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

I can’t wait. Glad it sold out. Radio isn’t as good as HDTV! Should be a good game with the Cards winning 24-13.

4. By Joe on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

Thank God, it took a long time but they did it.

5. By Bill Griffith on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

“AINT IT GREAT!”
    GO CARDINALS

6. By vsancards on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

I am glad. I’m sure it took some sponsorship so thanks to whatever business stepped up! I am looking forward to the un-veiling of the championship banner and an excellent game. Go Cards!

7. By Jason on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

35 in a row!

8. By Robert on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

Had to sell this game out, woulda looked bad to the rest of the league and fans fi we couldn’t have. I know the economy’s bad…. I’m just grateful I can see this game on TV. We have some pressure on us and it would silence some of the critics if we could start off the season with a win against a team many are picking to upset us. Cards win 28-14.

9. By OLDCARDSFAN on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

WHEW…. THAT WAS A CLOSE ONE …. COME ON PHOENIX THIS TEAM NEEDS OUR SUPPORT…GO CARDINALS…

10. By Chris on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

Thank all you loyal fans, this economy has me watching the game at home but I will feel the energy from the crowd all the way to Scottsdale where I live.

11. By steve on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

whew…thats good to hear….45-23 cards…urban steps in for Q and scores the go ahead td…

12. By Barry on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

This town has the worst fan’s, To many band wagoners. This is the best team in town. Wake up people they went to the SB. If they lose a few games we will here the same old lines from the media “Same old cards”
    I’m tired of it

13. By Kevinator on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

Now I can record the game and watch it on TV as well in case I missed something at the game.

14. By Roger on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

I’m seeing at least a 10 and 6 season and to the playoffs we go!!! Everyone needs to think confidently that they will come through and have a winning season and support the Cards like true fans and not beat them down everytime they lose. Last year we made it to the Super Bowl with a 9-7 season record, so who cares if we even lose some games, just keep rooting the Cards on to the end, no matter what, because “we can do it together!!!” Go Cards, to the Super Bowl XLIV we go!!!

15. By Justin Cards fan since 95 on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

THIS IS OUR DIVISION !!! YOU WANT IT COME AND GET IT !!!!! GO CARDINALS!! I’ll see you at the game

16. By DonkeyKong on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

It’ll be a close game, for sure!

Although the Cardinals will lose, 21-27. I’ll still watch the game though! I hope I am wrong…

17. By Joe on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

21-10 Cardinals!!! I already played the game on Madden 10 and that was the outcome. :)

18. By Robert on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

DonkeyKong, you’re a Cards fan and you say you know we’re going to lose 27-21? Come on man, root for your team. Don’t go predicting a loss.

19. By Art on Sep 11, 2009 | Reply

I have been unemployed for 1.5 yrs, it is the economy, and not to many people want to see the 49er’s, but I and others would be there, but for the economy

20. By vsancards on Sep 12, 2009 | Reply

@Joe – lol most years though playing the Cardinals on Madden was a handicap :)

21. By jake on Sep 12, 2009 | Reply

I have several season (19)tickets and love to tailgate. We will see how the security treats us prior to the game and after the game; Every year they inforce new rules to keep fans from having fun tailgating. This behavior by the cardinals management is what is going to keep fans home watching on TV.

22. By Danny Heksolson on Sep 12, 2009 | Reply

Wow!! I wish I could be there for the banner ceremony! But, I trust we all gonna enjoy a victory in our first 2009 game in our NEST.

I´ll be watching the game from MEXICO CITY!!! GO CARDS!!!

My score:
    AZ 35
    SF 17

23. By Barb on Sep 12, 2009 | Reply

hey All you Cards Fan go to Chunky.com and Click for cans to help the Cards win caned food for the AZ food banks tell everyone you know. Give a click every day.

24. By Todd on Sep 12, 2009 | Reply

I’ve been die hard since Cards arrival in Arizona. That’s the day I disowned the Vikings. I’m a copper miner and the economy has devastated my career. I’m still gonna be there tomorrow. Anyone that doesn’t believe in the Cards and doesn’t bleed Cardinal Red as do I, is not a true fan. GO CARDINALS!

25. By Trish S on Sep 12, 2009 | Reply

The niners are doomed! Go Cards. We went to Flag to see practices, but couldn’t swing for game tickets this go around. Really glad we can be glued to the TV Sunday.

26. By Jill on Sep 12, 2009 | Reply

Go Cards! I can’t afford to go or even the gas to drive all the way out there but now I can see it on tv! Cards are gonna take this one boys!