Colts missing key defenders

Posted by Darren Urban on September 26, 2009 – 8:36 pm

Not only is safety Bob Sanders out for the Colts with a bad knee, but the Colts officially downgraded key defenders LB Gary Brackett (knee) and cornerback Kelvin Hayden (hamstring) from questionable to out on Saturday. Neither Hayden or Brackett even made the plane trip out. We’ll see what that means — it’s not like the Colts haven’t been preparing all week in case Brackett or Hayden, who didn’t practice at all, wouldn’t play. But it would seem to bode well for a Cards’ offense that already was expecting results.

Tags: , , , ,

6 Responses to “Colts missing key defenders”

1. By Robert on Sep 26, 2009 | Reply

This can only help the Cardinals, it never hurts when 3 starters for the opposing secondary are missing. It doesn’t seem as if offense is going to be the problem for the Cards, it’s going to be whether we can limit Peyton Manning in the passing game. It would help if we can get pressure consistently like we have against the 49ers and Jags.

2. By Eazy E on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

Ooooooo boy! No Bob Sanders, One of the best DBs when healthy. Hayden is their top corner, so who’s covering Fitz? No Gary Brackett either, man. He’s basically the qb of their D without Bob Sanders in there. The offense should have an explosive game, they had problems still with those guys playing, now they’re calling for all kinds of help.

3. By Eric on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

I feel a blowout coming on!

4. By Big D on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

it really dont matter whos out there no defense can stop us the cardinals can only stop them selves if we start strong I think this game is in the bag but if we mess around and start slow we are in some big trouble

5. By Go Blue on Sep 27, 2009 | Reply

Can’t explain who the COLTS had playing in place of the injured defenders because I have never seen them before. Seems like they did the job, and Warner got punched in the gut way to many times. You all need to find away to protect your QB.

6. By Gerald Seibel on Oct 3, 2009 | Reply

Took a long trip out west from Florida hoping to see my Redbirds do to Indy what they did to Jax. Ouch! I’m not giving up though! Had a worthwile adventure. Stopped overnight in Winslow, where I spent quite some time standing on a corner hoping that what happened to Glenn Frye would happen to me. No Luck! But then again, I’m 69 years old and not quite as attractive as I was when I was 25. I think Kurt Warner at his advanced age would’ve done better than me. Let’s get some protection for ol’ Kurt and a little more offensive innovation. Like to see us return to the big show!!!