Cards get healthier

Posted by Darren Urban on November 19, 2009 – 1:40 pm

The Cardinals only had one player sit out today’s practice — LB Chike Okeafor (back) — and the majority of the long list on the injury report were back to practicing full Thursday. The only players limited were CB Michael Adams (hamstring), CB Bryant McFadden (ankle), WR Steve Breaston (knee), LB Karlos Dansby (shoulder) and T Mike Gandy (pelvis). Like I mentioned yesterday, I expect most players to be ready Sunday — in fact, my early guess will be that only Okeafor will be unavailable.

Tags: , , , , ,

12 Responses to “Cards get healthier”

1. By Rugbymuffin on Nov 19, 2009 | Reply

I know he is not listed on the injury report, but can we get a “How you feeling?” about Gerald Hayes ?

80%, 90% ?

Thanks

PS – Where are the #24 replica jerseys ?

2. By darrenurban on Nov 19, 2009 | Reply

Rugby —

Gerald is actually on the report, but when a guy is practicing fully, I tend to not mention him on the blog. Barring a setback, I don’t see how Hayes doesn’t play.

P.S. Still a good question. I said I’d look into that, didn’t I?

3. By crdnl85 on Nov 19, 2009 | Reply

I am happy that Gerald Hayes is back we need him.Hope most of the guys will be ready to play on Sunday.Go-Cardinals.

4. By Dave on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

Darren? Can you provide any insight as to future plans for Dominique Byrd? Just wondering….

5. By darrenurban on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

Dave —

I don’t know if there are necessarily any future plans. He is under contract through the end of the season. We’ll see if they want him to re-sign. I would guess yes, as long as it is cheap. But the Cards gave him a shot when no one else did, so that might help. Then again, Byrd wants to play, and I am sure he’ll try and find a place where that would happen.

6. By Dave on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

The Cards gave him a shot? I must have missed it.

7. By Dave on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

Also? Scout has an article that says Doucett has replaced Urban at #4 receiver. Are they talking out of turn?

8. By darrenurban on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

Dave —

I’d say for a guy who was out of the league for an entire year and without significant prospects, just to be signed and given a legit chance in training camp — and kept on the roster despite three other tight ends — qualifies as having gotten a shot.

9. By darrenurban on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

Dave —

Frankly, since Scout never has a reporter at the facility ever, I’d hesitate to put much stock into their reports. I think they are reading all the same stuff you are. At this point, it sure feels that way, but until it becomes a regular occurance — one week, Anquan sat, and then came the Seattle game — I will wait to make a pronouncement. Whisenhunt will not say Doucet has the job yet.

10. By Brian on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

How would you characterize the development of Will Davis? Is he someone that could significantly contribute to the pass rush come late season and, hopefully, into the playoffs? Keep up the great work.

11. By darrenurban on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

Brian —

He is coming along. He isn’t ready to start or anything, but I think they like his progress and he has had flashes of very good play.

12. By Rob - on Nov 23, 2009 | Reply

I have had head slaps on the ground with a motocross helmet on, that would knock you unconcious ; Kurt Warner really needs to sit out this week from a full practice schedule to avoid the injured reserve roster.