Rams having trouble selling out

Posted by Darren Urban on November 19, 2009 – 4:41 pm

The Rams got an extension Thursday of the 24-hour variety for their blackout possibility. There are still more than 4,000 tickets remaining, a hefty amount this close to the deadline (When the Cards have asked for extensions, the most I can remember them having left is 2,000). I am a little surprised especially since QB Kurt Warner has such a huge following there. I would also guess, with the Rams 1-8 this season, there will be a decent amount of Cards/Warner fans cheering the team on despite being on the road.

Interestingly, of the Cards’ three home games left, it would figure the Dec. 27 Rams date will be the one that could become a sellout issue, given the Rams’ record and the game being so close to Christmas. The other two home games are against the Vikings and Packers and both should easily sell out (if they haven’t already).

Tags: , , , ,

13 Responses to “Rams having trouble selling out”

1. By riwjr on Nov 19, 2009 | Reply

Yep I live near the STL area, the game has been blacked out the past two years, I always attend the game knowing this is always a possibilty

2. By Joe on Nov 19, 2009 | Reply

In the old days in our old stadium our home games often felt like we were on the road becuz the other team would have more fans there than the Cards.

Maybe the Rams will get a dose of that feeling in this game cuz the Cards may feel right at home in St Louis.

3. By Rams sellout on Nov 19, 2009 | Reply

I talked to a Cards fan that wanted tickets to any of the last 3 games and they told her that they were sold out. I think the Rams game might have been included in the 3 game package.

4. By john on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

sounds alot like the issues we have in arizona. you wanted a winning team and now arizona has it…now support the boys and go to the games!!!!

5. By Javier Montoya on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

Joe-
    Its still recent by my experience that certain Cardinal’s games feel almost in balance with the opposition. Last year vs. the Vikings there was a lot of blue, there is still too many Cowboys fans and 49’ers fans. All the boos with the slightest of adversity does not help either. I look at this Rams game as an old school memory. Ah… the Zona flag on the Jersey sleeve and the white stripe down the red pants with the brutal heat that the mid afternoon sun baked upon that thin faithful crowd. We are still in transition to the new culture of the Red Sea but hopefully someday.. All
    CARDINALS FOOTBALL

6. By Mike"Pay Q" on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

Javier, don’t the vikings wear purple?

7. By nor cal cards fan on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

Urb- I was hoping u could look into something for me if u get a chance. When is the deadline for NBC to announce if they will flex the Cards-Vikes game?

8. By darrenurban on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

Nor Cal —

The NFL will make that announcement either way this coming Tuesday — Nov. 24.

9. By Dick on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

Hey Darren, Maybe you can solve this…Fox promo’d the AZ/STL game as the afternoon game here in SoCal, but I see there is no Fox afternoon game. ???

Thank goodness for the NFL Red Zone Channel!!

10. By darrenurban on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

Dick —

I’m not sure about the situation in SoCal, but the Rams-Cards game is actually a late kickoff for the first time that I remember. Kickoff would be 1:05 p.m. PST, instead of 10 a.m. as it’s been in the recent past.

11. By Javier Montoya on Nov 20, 2009 | Reply

Mike Pay Q-
    HAHAHA! yes sir.. I always forget things like that because Im severely color blind. I got 3 right out of a 23 question grid. Thats real bad.. real bad.. so when I wrote what I said through my memory I saw blue.. Good catch.. My bad

12. By riwjr on Nov 21, 2009 | Reply

The Cards/Rams game is the only FOX late game I think

13. By Ben on Nov 21, 2009 | Reply

Hey send those rams our way…we need a team in LA area.