Warner leaves with head injury

Posted by Darren Urban on November 22, 2009 – 3:19 pm

QB Kurt Warner just went to the locker room with what was announced as a head injury, which I assume to mean a possible concussion. His return is questionable. Matt Leinart will come in, and I would guess with the way the Cards are running their offense can still be very effective. Always helps to have a big lead if your quarterback has to sit.

Tags: ,

24 Responses to “Warner leaves with head injury”

1. By William on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

Hopefully nothing serious… The last thing we need is Leinart at QB…

2. By J on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

Hate to see Kurt go down! We can only hope he will be back to put it to St. Louis. bet they wish he was still around! By the way . . GO DEFENSE! Way to hold Jackson twice!

3. By Julie on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

We’re praying for Kurt here in St. Louis.

4. By AZ fan in Oregon on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

Maybe what we should be doing is supporting Matt, not bring him down. This is a good opportunity for him to get some reps. Go Cards!

5. By jerry on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

oh man warnier was my only chance to win my fantasy league this week. i’m up on my opp. 84-80 now. he has hester from chicago going tonight. i was hoping kurt could have stayed in a gave me a decent lead after the game. theres no doubt if he played all 4 qt. i’d be up atleast 100-80. but thats football….

6. By CardsFan08 on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

Matt is not playing up to par. Hopefully the defense can get a big stop here.

7. By lienart sucks on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

We were very lucky to pull off the win. The cards need to draft a good qb this year and trade someone to get a better up and comer than lienart to replace warner when he retires.

8. By Know Whats Up on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

My prayers are for Kurt’s speedy recovery! Leinart IS NOT the Quarterback of the future!!!! Some guys are just better in college!

9. By WHC on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

That could derail the season if he is out for extended time, but if we can run like this every week, that will definitely halp out Leinart. Lets just hope Warner is back next week though anyways…

10. By Joe-B on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

Leinart had a good enough game, and that was an impressive 20 yard pass on 3rd down he had.

11. By azcardsfan22 on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

You Matt bashers kill me what has he ever done to deserve the bashing he gets oh yea he is a hall of famers back up tell me how many teams would Kurt Warner not start for maybe 6-7 teams, you guys act like Matt is the worst player in NFL history the guy has never got a chance to show his stuff, whats he got 9 starts his ROOKIE YEAR, YEA HE WAS A ROOKIE, look at what Sanchez is doing in NY 5 turnovers today he’s a rookie, when Matt gets his chance to start and if he stinks then bash him but how could you bash someone who has never even got a chance to make an impact except when he was a rookie and 4 games his 2nd season, so wake up people and stop being jealous of the kid

12. By azcardsfan22 on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

oh yea if you ever want to debate me on this bring it on my email is louisnavarro28@yahoo.com……….I am talking about my comment on Matt, you guys should be more worried about your head coach because once again he gets away with horrible play calling throwing on 3rd and 1 with an 18 pt lead when we could run at will, the only time they stopped the run was when we were running out the clock, and thats not the 1st time Whiz has screwed his team he does not give his team the best chance to win….you guys want to give Whiz all the credit, take a look at this roster its freakin loaded with talent, they should be 9-1.

13. By SN on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

We need a good backup QB and Leinart needs some playing time. Hate to see it happen like this, but Warner is ok. I hope Leinart uses this to figure out where he needs to improve. He is going to be our starter some day, so he needs to take advantege of his time behind one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history.

14. By Lisa on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

God bless you kurt your are the best. Hope your ok

15. By Barry on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

Thanks William for that bandwagoner comment..wasn’t needed on this board! Yes, Matt does need practice..good game for him to do it in.

16. By steven on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

give me a break… warners not hurt. wiz disrespected the rams… it doesnt matter the cards could never beat the saints or lol colts.. the fans are only getting ready for a down fall.. but thats the norm…

17. By Seoulman on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

I hope Kurt is okay. Obviously, the Cards are a different and much better team with him at the helm. Praying for his health (wins and losses aren’t God’s issue, but we CAN pray for Kurt’s well being).

That being said,

I’m going to tell you a story about Matt Leinart from last season’s training camp. I’ve been a fan of Kurt’s for the decade, following him through ups and downs. I made my way to Flagstaff (I’m from Toronto in Canada) just to meet him. I was waiting in line for autographs after practice and Matt came by. I felt that Matt was trying to take Kurt’s job and I tried to punk him out (not good on me). He came by, said hello and I told him no thank you to an autograph because Kurt was my guy. Matt’s response? “Hey, that’s cool. Everyone has to have a favourite. Now let’s see that card and get it signed for you.”

At the end of the day, even Kurt would say that it’s about the team, so let’s not bash Matt even though he had a bad day (he just needs reps). Let’s also hope that McFadden and all the rest heal up too and make a late push to get a bye! The defense bent a little too much today, but they didn’t break, so let’s keep the encouragement coming! They’ve got a tough road ahead and need the support!

BTW, I got to meet Kurt and he wasn’t all that the media cracks him up to be.
    He’s all that and more!

God bless, and Happy Thanksgiving to my American football family! Go Cards!

18. By Brad on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

Oh so Leinert is our QB until further notice….(oops, just vomited on my shoes) I hope he gets his high dollar arm up to speed and throw to OUR receivers!

19. By Jesse Robles on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

Darren-
    I would like to know how Cody Brown is recovering from his dislocated wrist? Hopefully Will Davis is keeping him up on his knowledge because Will is playing good football right now. Although on special teams he did miss that mortar kick in one of the previous games.

20. By Jesse Robles on Nov 22, 2009 | Reply

I Like Ken Whiz, i think he is the coach for us, but he goes for the kill a lot. I have said this before, that he tries to go back to the pass too much. If the run is working in this game, why not stick to the run? Every game is different, and he always goes back and tries forcing the pass in the scheme when we are running fine. It happened in the playoffs last year, happened against the Bears and happened again today. I just think we should keep to what is working for that particular game. Close call, but we got the W, now its on to a cold one in Tennessee, LETS GO CARDS!!!!!

21. By Dave on Nov 23, 2009 | Reply

“Lienart sucks”? The only thing lower than your choice of a nickname is your football IQ dolt.

22. By Traci on Nov 23, 2009 | Reply

I’m not a Leinart fan but like it or not, after reading many fans’ comments, I think we should let him play on Sunday just to see if he has the stuff because he may be our main quarterback one day and to let Kurt rest because we’re going to need him during the playoffs. Let’s be careful.

23. By shannon robinson on Nov 23, 2009 | Reply

the NFL has a different protocol all their own on concussions – Westbrook is a great example of bringing someone back too fast and Sean Morey (you too buddy). The standard is always were you ‘out’ for any time – even a second is significant. If a person loses consciousness then he should sit for a week and the second time it happens it’s a month. that’s not what NFL teams do – although there’s progress. Charley Johnson once played a half with no memory – someone else called the plays in the huddle and he did real well. This is a danger time for Kurt and my bet is he plays regardless – it’s the next one that’s costly – I say rest him.

24. By BillyRam on Nov 23, 2009 | Reply

We had the Cardinals here in St. Louis and now we have the Rams. Thank your lucky stars you have Kurt Warner. Warner is the greatest QB in the history of the L.A. Rams , St. Louis Rams, St. Louis Cardinals or the Arizona Cardinals. Not only is he the greatest QB as mentioned but he is also one great human being.