Warner: “I don’t know if I feel 100 percent”

Posted by Darren Urban on November 23, 2009 – 7:16 pm

Coach Ken Whisenhunt talked Monday about the tests Kurt Warner will undergo to make sure he can play after his apparent concussion, but there has been a sense that Warner would be able to play in Tennessee in a few days. Warner himself said that after the game.

But with Warner working — as usual — at the Cardinals’ annual Feed the Hungry holiday event at the Phoenix Rescue Mission, the quarterback sounded a lot more cautious.

“You always take it one day at a time, especially with a head injury,” Warner said Monday afternoon. “I feel pretty good today. I don’t know if I feel 100 percent right now. So that’s how I approach it. We’re going to be safe and we’re going to make sure I am good to go before I get back out there. But I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday, and that’s progress.”

That doesn’t mean Warner won’t play this week. He’s expected to get his initial baseline test Tuesday. However Warner was feeling, it didn’t stop him from taking part, along with nine other teammates talking and helping the homeless.

“The one thing you realize is it doesn’t take much brainpower to serve,” Warner said.

Tags:

15 Responses to “Warner: “I don’t know if I feel 100 percent””

1. By Mike Banks on Nov 23, 2009 | Reply

It doesn’t take much brainpower to serve, but it can require a big heart– something Kurt definitely has.

2. By chris miles on Nov 23, 2009 | Reply

and that’s just another reason why he is the most caring athlete of the year

3. By Jim Galati on Nov 23, 2009 | Reply

Kurt is a truly unique player ,and man.It’s a blessing to have him in Arizona,not only as a Cardinal,but also a role model.

4. By Oath on Nov 23, 2009 | Reply

Oo snap slam on waiters! Just joking Kurt stay healthy the rest of your life is a way bigger deal than a game or season

5. By aaaaudio on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

This man, Kurt Warner is pretty inspiring. The experience I had with him and Brenda at his Punt Pass and Kick event last year was amazing. The humility they showed and genuine time they gave to these under privelaged folks was second to none. Serving the homeless? If a star millionaire can do this we all should be take notice and step up in the community. God Bless

6. By whythecardinals on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

The man is amazing…

7. By Lauren Robinson on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

There isn’t a finer professional athlete and human being than Kurt Warner! He gives to so many and expects little in return. He is a shining light in a tumultuous world. Look at him kids if you want someone to emulate. I wish him all the best!

8. By Guillermo Besné on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

He’s always been a class-act, it’s definitely nice to see him always helping the community. He’s a great QB, but he’s a better man, hope he can play against the Titans…

Any news on #25’s Status?

9. By darrenurban on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

Oath —

I know you were joking. But I’m not sure Kurt was referring to just that kind of “serving.”

10. By kauaicardsfan on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

Hey Darenn,
    Is Kurt out of the practices while he is undergoing all these tests? Is Matt taking reps with the first team? You know me, always starving for info…
    Mahalo as always!!!

11. By darrenurban on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

Kauai —

There are no practices until Wednesdays.

12. By K-DUB on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

A shoe in for another Walter Payton Award.

13. By AZCARDINALSFAN on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

Kurt Warner is the most humble, bad-ass, coolest cat alive! I hope he will be able to play against the Vikings. I will be there to watch him! We NEED to beat the Vikes! GOD BLES KURT WARNER

14. By Mark Duncan on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

Everybody in Tennessee loves Kurt Warner too and hopes he’s okay but he’s gonna’ get hit several times on Sunday. If Leinart plays it could be a catastrophe for ya’ll. I see everybody talking about the Vikes but little mention of Tennessee. That’s going to be a mistake. Ya’ll take care.

15. By PWalker on Nov 25, 2009 | Reply

Mark

The Vikes are only the news of the day the Titans are the focus. If the Cards score early and often ya’ll are in trouble. If the Titans can score early and often it could be one exciting game. Ya’ll are not a 0-6 team but probably not a 13-0 team either, this should be a great game. Hope ya’ll win out after Sunday. Go Cards!