Titans will keep DRC’s attention

Posted by Darren Urban on November 26, 2009 – 9:48 pm

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie didn’t want to use the word “bored,” which is a good thing. But the Cardinals’ second-year cornerback was bluntly honest that his mind wanders during games.

“There just isn’t that much action and you find yourself looking around,” DRC said.

His teammates try to keep him focused. Linebacker Karlos Dansby, in fact, head-butted DRC during the game against the Rams just for that purpose. “He was saying, ‘You just didn’t look like you were in the game,’ ” DRC said.

OK, admittedly, that’s something you hope Rodgers-Cromartie will grow out of at some point. But for now, you have a little concern. Take this weekend for instance, when the Cardinals play the Titans – a team that has a decidedly run-first-run-often bent. It might be tough to keep interested, right DRC?

“Oh no, it’s Tennessee,” DRC said, suddenly very animated. “I went to TSU and this is homecoming.  Oh no, I’m in this game, yes sir. I’ve got this game on my calendar. I got 65 tickets. I’m ready.”

Indeed, DRC went to Tennessee State. Not only are all his friends there but he often worked out with some of the Titans in the offseason. He and Titans star running back Chris Johnson are close, and DRC insisted “I need this one this week.”

“I might have to head butt me a few people, I’m so ready for this game,” DRC said.

Tags: , , ,

11 Responses to “Titans will keep DRC’s attention”

1. By Pokemon on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

No action? Maybe it’s because you spend the whole game shying AWAY from the action, DRC. Feel free to make a tackle every now and then. The game’s about more than interceptions and Dora the Explorer backpacks. Time to grow up, son.

2. By Edward B. on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

This guy above me is talking about growing up… Look at his user name.

Lets hope the Cardinals have a game plan to contain Chris Johnson, since nobody has yet to figure this guy out. GO CARDS!!!

3. By Tarl Sampson on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

Dude , DRC is Awesome. I was watching the old Carolina game when williams busted that big run, burned McFadden and was about to burn Rolle, but Rolle took the correct angle. If you look in the back DRC is fast aproaching from behind, faster then them ALL. He is small but he hits pretty good too for his size. He is like a bullet, small and deadly :O)

4. By ryan on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

Drc is becoming so good teams arent throwing his way, st. Louis picked on adams the whole 2nd half. I just hope he pays enough attention this week to be ready for the double move and deep ball. I think chris johnson bouncing outside and running right at him should keep him focused

5. By Bill-Bill on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

DRC- Are you kidding me!? You are bored and you are playing professional football? If you were the best corner and you never got beat you could say something like that but you miss tackles and you can blow coverages…You can be very good but you’re too cocky and you need to chill out. NO MORE GOLD TEETH!!!

6. By chris miles on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

the only thing that made me mad about drc is…………the he shaved me any bother were calling him wolverine going to go to greenbay game all decked out in wolverine outfits but noooooooooooooooo he shaved it

7. By Anna Quintana on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

Edward that was hilarious!! I didn’t even notice his username, LOL. Thanks for the laugh!

8. By shannon robinson on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

Daydream to intense performance to daydream to reality to daydream to uh oh… sometimes you don’t come out quick enough – sure explains DRC’s roller coaster performance. But as DE J Allen said the other day there’s only about 14 minutes of action in an NFL game anymore – it’s just tough to miss some of it if you’re on the field – good job Karlos keeping him in the game.

9. By tom manoogian on Nov 27, 2009 | Reply

—i’ll tell all something.if we come up with 8-9 in the box and we don’t stay in our assigned gaps and johnson gets through ,it will make for some long runs.going to have to be real smart this week,if not we will be chasing the back of c. johnson.defensive play calling will be major player in this game.they run alot of misdirection,stay in your gaps and they will run to you,if not,alot of chasing going on.anyone thinks this is a gimme game is seriously mistaken.i would consider this a big win.stay focused,stay in your areas,all will be good.

10. By G Thang on Nov 28, 2009 | Reply

DRC will be fine, i think he will be in the pro bowl within the next year or two.

2. Jan 27, 2014: Cardinals Blogs | The DRC experience