A sellout (surprise!) for the Vikings

Posted by Darren Urban on December 3, 2009 – 2:30 pm

The game against the Vikings — the one to be nationally televised on “Sunday Night Football” against one of the hottest teams in the NFL with stars like Brett Favre and Adrian Peterson — has sold out. I know, a surprise, right? There was never going to be a need for an extension with this one, which makes it an even 40 games played at University of Phoenix Stadium — all of which have been sellouts. This time, there aren’t even any scattered seats or returned seats from the Vikings left to track down. There’s no question it’ll be crazy at UoP Sunday night.

Which leads us to (one of) Darnell Dockett’s thoughts on the subject, via his Twitter account:

“Now to all the loyal die hard cardinal fans who ride or die and yell and scream till the clock says OO:OO, let’s Get ready to RAISE RED SEA”

Tags: , ,

20 Responses to “A sellout (surprise!) for the Vikings”

1. By Joe-B on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

But how many of those people are Vikings fans like the game last year?

2. By CARDSFAN1178124 on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

HOPE CARDS FANS HELD ON TO THEIR TICKETS FOR THIS ONE. I DON’T WANT TO SEE ANY POCKETS OF PURPLE IN THERE. EVEN THOUGH TONS OF MINNESOTANS LIVE IN THE VALLEY. 8-4 BABY!!!

3. By onthespotvoice on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

Did the game time get switched to accommodate NBC? My tickets say a 2:15p start.

4. By Eric G on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

This is a must win for us this weekend. It’s a measuring stick for where we are. Let’s face it, with the Vikings and the Saints in the NFC, it’s going to be a very tough road to return to the Super Bowl. When we have the Vikes on our turf, we have to take advantage of it.

5. By darrenurban on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

onthespotvoice –

The game was flexed to Sunday Night Football a week ago. Kickoff is 6:20 p.m. Gotta always be checking azcardinals.com!

6. By Walter on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

I know we are going to win this game because the team knows how much this game means to them, even if we have leinart start i think he can pull it off. Dockett you get those sacks and DRC you get those picks off of Farve. Go Cardinals

7. By TucsonTim on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

I just don’t see this as a must win game. Even if we win every game remaining on the schedule we are not going to get a first round bye. After our first game (Dallas or Philly ??) we are going to either Minn. or N. Orleans or both. It’s going to be a lot harder getting back to the super bowl, but this team has shown it can win on the road.

Our must win games are San Francisco, Detroit and St. Louis. If we can’t beat these teams we don’t deserve to be in the play offs

8. By kauaicardsfan on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

Fox may be kicking themselves leaving NBC to grab it! Love the flex schedule!

Hey Darren, I Pauly jealous of you :) Seems like he is a little salty on this weeks Cards Underground not being mentioned on Q’s benefit party. LOL :)

Like Wolf said, ” Pauly you got to let it go”

9. By Big Red on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

Let’s go RED SEA, let’s give them HELL!!!

10. By darrenurban on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

Kauai –

No worries with Paulie. He can be mad, but I’ll stay true to journalistic integrity — no one is worried about where he is … :)

11. By jose perez on Dec 3, 2009 | Reply

I love this. If Arisona loss to Minn and SF wins,The next week Sf will be in 1ST PLACE. If they do loss both, They would have choked. Fitzgerald is no Rice, He will be in check by the 49er D. Monday night will be a game Arisona will not forget. have fun with kurt because when he leaves they (Arisona) will be like the Rams good only for 3 yrs now the 49ers are beating up on the Rams and Seattle again, and Arisona is next. may God protect all the NFL player and keep them from injury and hope thet kurt come back to play the 49ers. GOD BLESS

12. By Eazy E on Dec 4, 2009 | Reply

Get outta here 49ers fan!!! Your team don’t deserve to go to the playoffs. This game against the vikings is going to be good though, CAN’T WAIT!!

13. By Michael Mailand on Dec 4, 2009 | Reply

LET´S SHOCK THE WORLD (again).
    Greetings from Denmark

14. By Kevin George on Dec 4, 2009 | Reply

Speaking of a sellout–I have a friend who is an Arizona native. He was a season ticket holder before the economy went crazy. I talked to him the other day and he is going to the game–to cheer for the Vikings. I have refused to talk to him this week. That I think is the definition of Sellout. I hope that the Protect the Nest plans and just the pride we have in this team keeps as many Vikings fans and other sellouts OUT of our building. Go Cardinals!

15. By JKVikes on Dec 4, 2009 | Reply

I hear it’s cardinal hunting season down in AZ right now! I’m sending
    a few of my buddies down there on Sunday to bag me up some redbirdz. I
    specificaly told my buddy Jared Allen to sack me up a trophy bird
    wearing #13. You may want to laydown like you did last year and just
    take it!! You have no chance!!

16. By shannon robinson on Dec 4, 2009 | Reply

It’s strange to hear trash talk from a Vikes fan on our team’s wire – you still have to play the game. Yes Jared Allen is a formidable DE. Yes left tackle is a position in flux for us. Personally I think Bridges can do well and Gandy if he plays does pretty well – either man is capable of playing a great game. Every team has enforcers and we have ours as well. So JKVikes is calling out Adrian, Karlos, and Darnell – I’ll add the B-Train – Mohawk Haggans & Chike – let’s go get’em boys…

17. By denny lee on Dec 5, 2009 | Reply

will it be hard to buy tickets at the game..from scalpers? would i expect to pay face value? above or below???? thanks!

18. By Freddy on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Go get em Cards!! Yes this will be a very tough game,but to get back to the big game -they gotta beat big teams.I think if Warner stays sound ,they might have a chance.All you fans going to the game let em hear you!!

19. By The truth on Dec 6, 2009 | Reply

Scalpers? Univ of Phx stadium? Good luck! p.s. jose perez, it is clear to see how irrelevant you are. Keep your meandering, random, misguided thoughts to yourself. You actually feel good about what you attempted to say…get a clue.

2. Dec 4, 2009: Vikings Blog