Kurt loses a TD pass, and after practice

Posted by Darren Urban on December 23, 2009 – 1:56 pm

Every week, the NFL goes over the official scoring of each game and makes corrections. Rarely do they make much of an impact, other than changing whether a player gets a full sack or half-sack. But it did Wednesday, when Kurt Warner’s five-yard touchdown pass to Anquan Boldin to win the game in Detroit was changed to a five-yard touchdown run by Boldin. It was ruled that Warner threw a backward pass, meaning it was a lateral and a rush attempt. It changes Warner’s TD passes for the season from 25 to 24, becomes Q’s first career rushing touchdown, and costs the Cards five passing/receiving yards while adding five rushing yards.

Not a huge deal — unless, of course, Warner was your fantasy QB and you needed those points.

As for practice, the Cards have brought back linebacker Ali Highsmith to the practice squad. Linebacker Will Davis returned to work and said he actually did more than he originally was going to do. And WR Sean Morey and TE Ben Patrick seem to have suffered concussions Sunday, making their availability Sunday in doubt.

Tags: , , , , ,

15 Responses to “Kurt loses a TD pass, and after practice”

1. By Wampag on Dec 23, 2009 | Reply

hey big guy please respect the fact that seem readers are superstitious and feel like your madden curse story and how we are lucky to be so healthy is a huge JINX

also explain what this means: The Cardinals are 5-0 after a loss this season and if they win Sunday, they will avoid back-to-back losses for the first time since 1975.we won in detroit

2. By Jesse Robles on Dec 23, 2009 | Reply

I didn’t like this play calling only for the fact that everyone that I know, saw this play coming, especially once Q went in motion. We shouldn’t use this play so much in the Playoffs, although it has worked effectively, we aren’t going to be playing the Lions and Rams in the Playoffs, I just feel that it is another forced INT for 6 Points for the other team. Or at least have it set up the pump fake to Q, and hit someone on a corner route or something, because the Defense is going to pick up on it soon, very soon. I am no Coach or Offensive Coordinator, but if I can see this from my couch or at the stadium and these guys study film for a living?? Just being cautious, LETS GO CARDS!! NFC WEST CHAMPS!! One step at a time!!

3. By darrenurban on Dec 23, 2009 | Reply

Wampag —

I respect people think it may be a jinx, as long as they respect the fact I don’t.

As for the other sentence, I realize the Cards won in Detroit. And if they win against the Rams, it will be impossible to lose back-to-back games this season. If they lose against the Rams, they could still have back-to-back losses if they also lose to Green Bay.

4. By darrenurban on Dec 23, 2009 | Reply

Jesse —

If you recall, the TD screen pass to Hightower in the NFC title game was exactly that, a fake quick WR screen to Boldin before pulling back and tossing it to Tim.

5. By Jesse Robles on Dec 23, 2009 | Reply

Darren:
    I appreciate your schooling lesson :) and I see exactly where you are coming from with Kurt checking off, but I was talking about this year because I am pretty sure that Q scored two touchdowns this year, off of that same exact play. I just get nervous because Kurt will force it in there sometimes, ie the Superbowl, and just like the Superbowl Int for a TD, the Lions had one too. I just felt like on both of those TDs, our players were like, “ahh, someone else will tackle him.” In the Superbowl, the slowest man on the field ran it back. I am not trying to be a Negative Nancy, just getting ready for the Playoffs. We just have to win the turnover battle every game. That Hightower TD was great wasn’t it though Darren, that was a great feeling. WE DO THIS TOGETHER!!!

6. By Mattman on Dec 23, 2009 | Reply

Thanks again for all of the fantastic insight. I didn’t realize that “Q” didn’t have a rushing TD before Sunday. I do have to agree with Jesse, I felt that the play was going to be a screen to Anquan with the way that the offense was set up. I cannot wait for Sunday’s now that we are down to the last little bit. I am on the edge of my seat while the game is on, not knowing what team is playing the next set of downs. Either way, I still cheer on the Cards. It just determines whether or not the colourful language is in there also.

GO CARDS!!!!!

7. By azcardsfan22 on Dec 24, 2009 | Reply

You guys are crazy if you think Mr Predictable(coach Whiz) has a clue, every team in league knows that play is coming, how do you think Harrison made that play in SB…..listen to his comments after game, he knew it was coming

8. By darrenurban on Dec 24, 2009 | Reply

azcardsfan22 —

I’m curious, from your perspective, to know, assuming as you say every team in the league knows it’s coming, how did Boldin score Sunday?

Also, for clarity’s sake, if you go back and look, Harrison never said he knew what was coming. He told Tony Dungy he just had a gut feel to stay back — and, by the way, not do his proper assignment on that Super Bowl play. He could have just as easily been burned.

9. By austin on Dec 24, 2009 | Reply

yeah i won by 3 and now i have lost by 1 and i looked at the pass it was forward…………….. worst xmas eve ever thanks a lot

10. By JD on Dec 24, 2009 | Reply

I don’t understand how you can complain about a play call that resulted in a game winning TD… and the Harrison pick was on a Boldin slant which is a different play. The boldin screen and fitz fade are both money near the goal line.

11. By Johnny M on Dec 24, 2009 | Reply

azcardsfan22

You do realize that Todd Haley called that play in Super Bowl 43 don’t you ????

Apparently not.

12. By slutnuts on Dec 24, 2009 | Reply

hahaha…i lost by 4, but now won by 6 to move on in fantasy, thanks nfl official scoring guy

13. By slutnuts on Dec 24, 2009 | Reply

that should be won by 2

14. By Angry Fantasy Guy on Dec 24, 2009 | Reply

What a B.S. call I just saw the replay on nfl.com and it was fwd a yard now instead of winning by four i lost by .66!! I just lost so much money from that, is there anyway the nfl will check that over again or is that it??

15. By darrenurban on Dec 24, 2009 | Reply

Angry —

It’s not the NFL it is the Elias Sports Bureau that reviews the stats and games. They have the final say and this will be it.