Warner’s 100th is Doucet’s 1st

Posted by Darren Urban on December 27, 2009 – 3:04 pm

Kurt Warner’s 100th touchdown pass as a member of the Cardinals was Early Doucet’s first touchdown in the NFL, an 18-yard scoring catch that made the score 14-0. Now the offense is clicking — it seems Tim Hightower is going to get showcased a bit more than recent weeks — as the Cards are in control.

Warner is the second QB in NFL history to throw at least 100 TDs for two different teams (Fran Tarkenton, Giants and Vikings).

Tags: , , ,

8 Responses to “Warner’s 100th is Doucet’s 1st”

1. By Hugo RomeroEscarcega on Dec 27, 2009 | Reply

…let’s do it again, here we go big game!!!

2. By Ryan on Dec 27, 2009 | Reply

Hey Darren. I saw a Cardinals staff member put the ball away. Who was it for? Doucet or for Warner? I have often wondered who gets ownership of the football when two significant milestones are reached on the same play. I would assume the ball is going to the Hall of Fame. That may be fine with Doucet.

3. By azcardsfan22 on Dec 27, 2009 | Reply

I know I am getting ahead of myself but doucett is gonna make it a lot easier to trade Q………….When is Graves gonna get his due for our great drafting over the years, I mean our 7th round picks from last 2 years are still here,

4. By darrenurban on Dec 27, 2009 | Reply

Ryan –

Actually, I was told the ball is for Doucet. Warner said the accomplishment was important to him, but this is a guy who didn’t collect his 2001 MVP award until last year, so the actual memorabilia might not be as important to him.

5. By Dave on Dec 27, 2009 | Reply

Congrats to Warner and Doucet. Doucet looked good today and glad to see the rookie enjoying some camera time. Much better team then last week, Packers will be another test but I think we take it.

6. By Joe on Dec 27, 2009 | Reply

Congratulations to #24, and thank you from all us fans!

A-dub has played thru all those years of lousy losing teams, never getting the recognition or pro-bowls he deserved, and yet never opting out with free agency, choosing instead to always stay loyal to the Cardinals.
    Adrian Wilson will retire as a Cardinal someday, and someday they will have to think about retiring his number, too.

7. By azcardsfan22 on Dec 28, 2009 | Reply

Kudo’s to you Joe……….nice point on A-dub

8. By Mattman on Dec 28, 2009 | Reply

I have been following A-dubs journey this year, waiting for him to get that final sack. That dude is a monster.

Congrats to Warner for the 100 TDs with two teams. I cannot see any reason to hold him out of the Hall now. What else does this guy need to do to solidify his spot there?

Doucet is just starting to get on a roll, but, I don’t know if he could take over for Anquan any time soon. “Q” just gives a big body target on the short routes. He may have complaints about his contract, but he still plays 100% in every game. What other big time receivers can you say that about. I don’t hear players on other teams defense saying he goes soft on his routes when the ball is going elsewhere. We are very lucky to have so many good receivers for our rookies to learn the “pro” game of ball from. Doucet could easily become a fourth receiver that plays like a two, very similar to our three that plays like a one.

Congrats Cards!!! Keep it going!