Whiz reveals a bit more

Posted by Darren Urban on December 31, 2009 – 1:39 pm

There wasn’t any change on the injury front Thursday, with safety Antrel Rolle (thigh) still sitting out and kicker Neil Rackers (groin) doing a bit more but still limited. Coach Ken Whisenhunt said, assuming Rackers continues to progress, that Rackers should play Sunday against the Packers. We’ll see on Rolle. But that may depend on a game in the Metrodome three hours earlier than the Cards’ game.

“It’s going to depend on what happens in the game before us, no doubt,” Whisenhunt said. “We’ll obviously make some decisions based on how the Minnesota-Giants game goes, not only with the health of our players but certain other players. That will factor into it. You have to be smart in this game and make sure you err to the side of having a healthy team heading into the playoffs.”

Tags: , , ,

16 Responses to “Whiz reveals a bit more”

1. By anthony on Dec 31, 2009 | Reply

were going to get that second seed

2. By spitfire772 on Dec 31, 2009 | Reply

You can bet that everybody will be playing if the Giants beat the Vikings. For some reason, I have a feeling the Cowboys are going to beat the Eagles… Rooting for the Giants!

3. By Big Red on Dec 31, 2009 | Reply

BELIEVE THATS ALL YOU NEED!!!! GO CARDS all the way to the SUPER BOWL.

4. By steve on Dec 31, 2009 | Reply

hey darren, happy holidays and all that good stuff….just wanted to make a comment and see what you thought…ive watched every game this year(damn nfl package is expensive but once you have it..live in palm springs….)………anyway almost every play and although they have a chance to win 11 games i dont think the cards have put together a complete game all year …what do you think….with the potentail to not have the weather play a factor to another sb trip i believe that makes the cards a scary team come playoff time……i bought DRC jersey before the season started and had many coworkers , friends asking me who this guy was( had boldins for a few years now) and why did i get his jersey….nice to get the last laugh….he will be a probowler for years to come…..anyway thats it GO CARDS!!!!!! ….

5. By darrenurban on Dec 31, 2009 | Reply

Steve —

I don’t know. The game in Seattle was pretty complete, as was the game last week. The Minnesota game was also impressive.

6. By steve on Dec 31, 2009 | Reply

but it was seattle and rams…….

7. By Dave on Jan 1, 2010 | Reply

Steve? You are now officially a complete and total dork.

8. By Jerry on Jan 1, 2010 | Reply

I’d love to not see the packers twice in a row. Hopefully things pan out and we get a visit from the cowgirls and their football team.

I’d also love to see Rackers and Rolle back in time for the playoffs. We need Rolles energy and competetive nature. We also need Rackers sure-fire leg and foot. I give him props for trying to play through he, he did a pretty bang up job considering.

9. By Kevin on Jan 1, 2010 | Reply

Ok….so the rams and seahawks dont count huh?, then comment on the vikings game. The Cards have had 3 “complete” games, (if that is even measured) and 10 real wins. I don’t care about complete games, just wins, but the vikings, rams, and seahawks were also pretty solid.

On a side note….thanks Darren for the way you keep the blog and stories up! I log on at least twice a day to check for anything new!

10. By steve on Jan 1, 2010 | Reply

i didnt say the rams and seahawks didnt count….but i think we can all admit any other division and we might not be at 10 wins ..anyway…..i dont think it matters who the cards play..if they play like we all know they can…they will be fine….

11. By steve on Jan 1, 2010 | Reply

hey only my wife calls me a dork…oh and my stepdaughter…

12. By steve on Jan 1, 2010 | Reply

kevin…you sound like i may have offended you……not the intention….for example i thought the tenn game was one of their better efoorts even with warner out….cards dont seem to beat themselves to often anymore……thats all i meant….i still believe cards are again flying under the radar….loving the greenbay matchup…should be an awesome game….

13. By doug on Jan 1, 2010 | Reply

Steve,
    Our record against the NFC-North is 3-0; NFC-East is 1-0; and NFC-South is 0-1. Overall we are 4-1 agaisnt the rest of the NFC and 4-2 against the NFC-West. We would have won 10 or more games from any of the NFC divisions in my opinion.

14. By steve on Jan 1, 2010 | Reply

very nice…

15. By jake on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Figured I would strike this source for some helpful guidance. I have Warner on my fantasy team, and im down to the championship game. I know whether he plays is dictated upon the vikings winning or losing overall…but I have to lock in my selections well before the 4pm game for my starting roster. Do I go and pick up brunell or moore of the panthers and start them or take the gamble and start warner?

Thanks for any help
    jake from bmore.

GO RAVENS!

16. By darrenurban on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Jake —

Wish I could be more helpful. Ultimately the gamble, if you look at it that way, is gambling whether the Vikings win at home against the Giants. If you think the Vikes will win, I’d shy away from Warner. If you think the Giants win, go with Warner. And for goodness sake, get your league to shorten its season so it ends no later than Week 16. Having a championship game in Week 17 is ridiculous.