Q says he’s OK, DRC spiked, Campbell hurt

Posted by Darren Urban on January 3, 2010 – 5:38 pm

A quick injury update: CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie said he was actually spiked on the play he hurt his knee, leading to his left knee bruise. He was still limping but he is hopeful he will be OK. WR Anquan Boldin said he should be OK after hurting both his left knee and ankle late in the game, but again, it’ll be a wait-and-see. It seems worse for DE Calais Campbell, who hurt his left thumb and was casted after the game. He will have to be reevaluated tomorrow so his status remains in limbo.

Tags: , ,

31 Responses to “Q says he’s OK, DRC spiked, Campbell hurt”

1. By azcardsfan22 on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Darren why would Campbell injury keep him out of lineup….players play with casts espicially lineman…whats your opinion

2. By tbru on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Once they took Kurt, out they should have taken everyone out, When Q got hurt I was yelling at the TV why is Larry still in there take them all out. I know they said they didn’t want to show too much, well I guess they didn’t. We shouldn’t have to play in the snow at all with Green Bay and Philly as the wild card teams. I am not sold on #7 as the heir apparent. Time to turn it on Cards, time to shock the world again.

3. By Brent on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Darin,

Was Q limping in the locker room or did he appear fine as he says?

4. By ross on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Darren, any word on Hightower? He limped off after a shot to the knee.

5. By Scott Taylor on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Arrrrrggggggggggh!!!!

6. By Mattman on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Darren -

I noticed that Brian St.Pierre was inactive for today, yet he played in the second half. How does that work?

7. By Jcaswellsr on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Thanx to Whiz half our team is hurt.

8. By darrenurban on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

azcardsfan22 –

I worry about a defensive lineman being unable to grab with his hands. I’m not saying he can’t play (unless it turns out he needs surgery, which remains possible), but I don’t know how effective he can be.

9. By darrenurban on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Brent –

Q may have had a slight limp coming off the field, but honestly, he also had his shoe half off and he may have been walking that way to make sure the shoe didn’t fall off. I didn’t see him walk in the locker room, but he was in good spirits, which I don’t think he would have been had it been serious.

10. By darrenurban on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Ross –

I believe Hightower is fine.

11. By darrenurban on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Mattman –

He was the inactive 3rd QB. In the NFL, you can play your third QB, and if you use him in the fourth quarter, you can even bring back your other QBs (if you use the third QB before then, the other QBs can’t come back in.)

12. By Big Red on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

No need to worry, Cards will be OK for next week. This are man with guts.

13. By Year2remember on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

Any word on what time Saturday the game will be? If memory serves me right, last year it was like 3 o’clock. Got my tickets and sign! Any word on Red Towels?

We will be fine for the game, I think this was a “smoke screen” game! I was pretty upset when Q got hurt too.

14. By tmac on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Thanks to whiz were in the position to care that our team is hurt. He’s a huge reason the culture of the cards has changed. I completely agree that they should have sat sooner, but I’m not about to hate on the best coach the team has had since it moved here.

15. By Ericzona on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

When is the NFL going to announce exact dates of the games this weekend??

16. By Aarron on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Mail it in. This season is over. I’m no Packer fan at all but come on. The Cards don’t match the Packers in any faze of the game…Now all their players are hurt….1and done…

17. By Justin Wheeler on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

The injury list grows, all thanks to a terrible player management job by the Cardinals’ coaching staff. Fitzgerald in the game taking shots during the 4th quarter? Boldin, DRC, and other key players injured in a meaningless game and potentially missing time in an important game. Excellent ” risk reward” management.

18. By darrenurban on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Year2remember –

There won’t be red towels for various reasons. The game has not been locked into Saturday yet — we will know details later tonight, but if I had to guess it’ll be Saturday at 2-ish.

19. By darrenurban on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Ericzona –

They will be announced tonight. I will post them as soon as they are announced.

20. By cardfaninwisconsin on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

My only concern is DRC! It was proven that he is essential to our success; i was suprised at how bad his backup played, i thought we were deeper at cb than that!?! I can’t wait for the cards to crush gb next week….i have to deal with the pack fans bs at work tomorrow, they get easily excited about meaningless games as they did about that dreadful preseason game.

21. By RyanValleyCrest on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Darren, how late will we know about the schedule? Immediatley after the Jets stomp Cincy?

22. By Mike on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Aarron,
    Ya, you’re no Packer fan??? Thought they had class.

23. By darrenurban on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

RyanValleyCrest –

It’s up now. Cards play Sunday at 2:30 Az time.

24. By Joe2 on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

Come on, guys! Everybody’s digging on the coach and throwing dirt on our grave. This is the Redbirds — they need to play with emotion to play well.

Those injuries arent that bad. Everybody will play next week.

All we need is to win the next four games. This team is poised to do it.

25. By chris on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

aarron you must have been in acoma last year ohh cardinals worst team in play offs what happend we destroyed the falcons dismanteld jake delhome with i beleve 5 picks he still hasnt recoverd from that and the eagles yeah ha nuff said..and the steelers made 2 plays through out that entier super bowl so dont be counting us out

26. By Joe2 on Jan 3, 2010 | Reply

@ cardfaninwisconsin
    My sympathies, mate! I’ve got lots of relatives who live in Wisc and theyve been giving me non-stop crap since last summer’s pre-season game.
    I cant wait til the real Cardinals show up to play the Packers in a real game that really counts. Then we’ll see.

27. By Aaron Lone-Eagle on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

Gentleman gentleman, gentleman,
    Have faith in your beloved Cardinals. I knew once the vikes embarrased the G-men, the Cards were going to lose,(hoped they would win) but knew none the less. The Pack have to fly back to Wisconsin tonite, arrive into a blizzard, take a day or two off, do game planning, practice a couple of times and then fly back to the desert in six days. When they get back here, thet are going to play the real Cardinal team, for a full 60 minutes. Yea the pack looked good, but they were playing our backups, There is a reason their called backups. Here is how I look at it, with the exception of a few players, we basically took our bye-week. We should be pretty rested next week.i for one am not too concerned about Q. He had his face broken last year for cryin out loud and only missed two games. He is one of the toughest , if not the toughest cats on the team. D.R.C. remembers last year, he’ll play. The only thing keeping him out will be a DR. Campbell, No worries, he is right behind Dockett and Dansby in toughness. i think next weeks game will be hard fought, but the Cards will be victorious. I unfortunately will not be at the game, due to finances, but will be in front of the tube, Wearing my Boldin Jersey, rooting for the home team, so it’s up to you Red Sea. Lets bring home a Victory Cardinals, and once again Shock the World!!!!

28. By Austin on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

Ya I was pissed how after drc got hurt he left them in. That should have been a sign to PULL ALL THE STARTERS! I was very disappointed in the way the coaching staff managed the players.

29. By Mad Dog on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

My biggest concern was injuries, and now next weeks game could end like this one did. UGH!!!!

30. By Brian from Illinois on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

DRC will be back for the game Sunday as long as the team doctor is 100% sure its only a contusion. All that is is a bruise in his knee so he will be fine. As for Q he will definitely play he always does. Also Darren makes a valid point though hopefully doubtful, Campbell is still at risk for surgery but probably will just get casted. Casting a DE who uses his hands is not the greatest thing but who knows maybe he will be healthy come game time Sunday.

No one happened to notice that Woodson went out with a shoulder issue in the game too. Supposedly he is supposed to be alright but he has just as much risk for a major injury as one of our key players does.

Overall I think we put up a great smokescreen. Hopefully this last game gave the packers a little too much confidence. I cannot wait to see the real play calling and level of play this coming sunday! GO CARDS

31. By Michael J. from Prescott on Jan 4, 2010 | Reply

I saw DRC get spiked – It wouldn’t have happened if he had been wearing football uniform trousers – with knee pads. The league should mandate proper uniform wear instead of these thigh length body stockings that have become all the rage these days in the NFL. What’s next – soccer shorts and ankle socks??