Cards make Giant roster moves

Posted by Darren Urban on January 5, 2010 – 12:21 pm

The Cardinals have made a couple of moves to bolster themselves for the playoffs, signing fullback Nehemiah Broughton and defensive end Jeremy Clark to the roster from the practice squad of the New York Giants. To make room for the players, the Cards released linebacker Pago Togafau and put defensive end Jason Banks on injured reserve with an ankle injury.

Broughton spend the season with the Giants after the Vikings cut him after the preseason. He’s played in six regular-season games since 2005 and serves as a backup in case the neck issues with starter Dan Kreider persist. Clark was on the practice squad of the Falcons and then the Giants this season and appeared in four games for the Giants in 2008.

The Cards also added defensive end Ryan Kees to the open practice squad spot after Banks was elevated last weekend.

Tags: , , , ,

14 Responses to “Cards make Giant roster moves”

1. By cards fan on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

I guess it’s nice for them to hop on now… Why no Tim Castille?

2. By LadyCard04 on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Reading your headline, “Giant Roster Moves” I nearly had a stroke. I should have realized your headlines are cryptic to grab attention. You got my attention! I’m glad to see the “Giant” moves are minor in the big picture. It gave me a chance to laugh at myself.

3. By darrenurban on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Cards fan —

Castille is playing for the Chiefs.

4. By cards fan on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

oh, my bad. What is the deal with Ali Highsmith? How come Reggie Walker over him? Special teams?

5. By darrenurban on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Cards fan —

I would guess it is performance-based. Walker does have a size advantage over Highsmith as well.

6. By 7ftCard on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

What were the results of Q’s MRI?

7. By RED BIRD 66 on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

DARREN,
    IS JERHEME URBRAN STILL ACTIVE. I KNOW HE HAS BEEN ON THE INACTIVE LIST FOR MANY GAMES THIS YEAR. IS THERE AN INJURY ISSUE WITH HIM. IF BOLDIN CAN’T GO WILL URBAN BE IN. HE ALWAYS SEEMS TO MAKE PLAYS WHEN GIVEN THE CHANCE DUE TO OTHER INJURIES. YOUR HEADLINE ON THIS WAS SCARY, I WAS THINKING EITHER BOLDIN, DRC, OR CALAIS WAS PUT ON IR. ESPN IS SAYING BOLDIN WILL BE OUT-WHAT DO YOU THINK. ALSO,DO YOU KNOW IF THEY WILL BE GIVING TOWELS OUT OR SHOULD WE BRING OUR NFC CHAMPIONSHIP TOWELS.

8. By Tbru on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

I didn’t think you could be on a post season roster without playing during the season. Learn something new every day. Highsmith did something to offend someone somewhere.

I think we should sign Edge and use his fresh legs lol I think he was cut about the same time he was benched last year.

9. By darrenurban on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

7ftCard —

Those haven’t been announced. I wouldn’t expect an official update until Whiz speaks after practice tomorrow.

10. By darrenurban on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Red Bird —

Urban has been healthy, just left inactive on game days. He played Sunday (two catches). I’m not feeling all that confident for Boldin, but we will see. I am checking on the towel question. UPDATE: Yes, there will be towels handed out Sunday.

11. By RED BIRD 66 on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

ITS SCARY NOT HAVING BOLDIN BUT THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO RESPOND WELL WITHOUT HIM IN. I SURE HOPE WHIS PULLS OUT AT LEAST 1 FLEA FLICKER OR PASS OUT OF THE WILDCAT THIS WEEK. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE BEANIE BE THE GUY THIS YEAR IN THE PLAYOFFS. IF WE CAN GET IN THE RIGHT SITUATION I THINK BEANIE CAN DO SOME MAJOR DAMAGE WHICH IN TURN WILL OPEN UP THE DEEP GAME. I JUST FOUND OUT THAT 1 IN OUR GROUP THIS WEEKEND IS A PACKERS FAN. WE MIGHT HAVE TO SLIP SOME EX-LAX IN HIS DRINKS DURING TAILGATE SO HE CAN LISTEN FROM THE BATHROOM.

12. By az1965 on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

This really sucks… Boldin being a high probability being out! This is terrible.

13. By shannon robinson on Jan 5, 2010 | Reply

Knowing Q – I say he plays. Kreider will play also.They’re both tough as nails. We’ll help Bridges with Highsmith and Beannie has a big day. Warner has time, the offensive line holds their blocks and we’ll score touchdowns. We may get a super play we don’t expect from Hyphen.
    Thanks to all the Cards organisation for giving us another trip to the playoffs and a home game! Thanks to you Darren for keeping us fans involved and letting us participate. Now is when big time players make big plays. Go Cards – shock Wisconsin!

14. By Big Bird Fan on Jan 6, 2010 | Reply

Signing Jeremy Clark is BIG for the Cardinals. Hope they utilize him for the win over the Packers.