Playoff game sells out

Posted by Darren Urban on January 7, 2010 – 2:34 pm

The Cardinals just officially announced the Packers-Cards playoff game is a sellout, so it will be on local TV (Fox) and is the 43rd straight sellout at University of Phoenix Stadium. There are a handful of tickets that still can be had, so don’t think you can’t buy them if you want. But for blackout purposes, it’ll be a full house.

Tags: , , ,

13 Responses to “Playoff game sells out”

1. By Rob on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

It’s always good to hear it was a sellout, but here’s hoping there is a lot more red in the stands this time. There was way too much green in the stands last week.

2. By Bill on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

I think there was 10,000 Packer fans last weekend. Amazing. I expect just as many this week as it took until Thursday to sell out.

3. By darrenurban on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

Bill —

I know 10,000 sounds like a lot. But when there are 63,000 fans in the building, that shouldn’t be a problem.

4. By John on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

Please cardinal fans do me a favor. After the cardinals beat this arrogant ugly uniform team. Please chant …..go back home. The packer fans are really cheesey…pathetically they are proud of that.

5. By spitfire772 on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

It’s because there are so many Cheesehead snowbirds that are here for the weather. Packer fans travel well to any stadium, but ESPECIALLY in AZ. They’ll be silent as long as we play up to our potential.

6. By ToobyToob on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

Darren, I have seats at this game and I assure you one of me will more than make up for any ten cheesheads. GO CARDINALS!

7. By chris on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

i think gb has the worst fans ever

8. By PhxRocker on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

I will be there Sunday, and I guarantee that I’ll have no voice on Monday, just like last year.

I am challenging all my fellow Cardinals fans to be just as loud and rowdy as I will be.

Rise up and drown out any Packers chant that they may try to start.

Make it so deafening in there, that Rodgers can’t even hear himself think…just like we did to Ryan and McNabb last year.

RISE UP RED SEA!!!!

GO CARDINALS!!!

9. By sean on Jan 8, 2010 | Reply

At long last… I get to watch a Cardinals game without having to go to a bar with NFL Sunday Ticket. Out here in MA, we don’t get to see my Cards on TV unless it’s prime time. Rest assured, I’ll be sporting my new Tillman jersey and wearing red. Let’s see how good the Packers are against starters.

10. By rayson on Jan 8, 2010 | Reply

The comments about Packer fans is just mean. What do you mean packers fans are the worst ever!!
    If the game was in green bay do you think packer fans would be saying all those things about your cardinal fans? Please, may the best team win on sunday!!

11. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Jan 8, 2010 | Reply

10,000 visiting fans will sound like 63,000 when the visiting team is winning 33-0.

The Cardinals are going to need to stop the Packers from building any momentum early. The Cards also cannot afford any turnovers against a team this good. Kurt’s play is going to be key to the Cards success in this game. If he’s on, this game should go down to the wire.

GO CARDS GO!

12. By Jack Schroeder on Jan 8, 2010 | Reply

Packers-31 Cardinals (the team with the most fair-weathered fans in history) 17.

13. By Michelle on Jan 8, 2010 | Reply

I so wish I could be there. I just got my new Fitzgerald Jersey today…..I would be screaming for the CARDS! THEY CAN DO THIS!!