It’s Friday, so it’s time for the final injury update of the week. As usual, they come with the caveat that “there is still two days until the game” so things can change. But overall, the Cards have to feel better than they did a couple days ago:
– Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (knee, toe) proclaimed himself “100 percent” and frankly looked on the practice field like he had never had an injury. “If I’d sit out, I’d probably go crazy,” he said.
– Guard Deuce Lutui (back) returned to practice fully;
– Safety Antrel Rolle (thigh) did a lot and while he said he felt good to do his first significant work in two weeks was a big deal, he still didn’t go 100 percent, saying he pushed it “about 75, 80 percent.” It felt good though. He plans to start, if coach Ken Whisenhunt is OK with it. “If he lets me — he told me I have a bad attitude,” Rolle joked. “He might not let me play. But I think I’ll be OK.”
– DE Calais Campbell (thumb) feels good about playing. He is getting recasted today with a lighter cast to play, although he said he wasn’t sure how it would be constructed and if/howmany fingers will be exposed and usable.
– Wide receiver Anquan Boldin (ankle, knee) remains the question mark, which we all knew. He said the same things: He’s improving, we’ll see how he is on Sunday, because he will be a game-day decision. He’s also being very matter-of-fact. “You’re going to get injured,” Boldin said. “I’m just thankful I didn’t tear anything.”
“It’s tough when you have a high-ankle sprain and an MCL sprain,” Boldin added. “If I can go, I will be out there. I am doing everything in my power to make sure I am able to go Sunday. Trust me, if I’m not able to go, it won’t be anything that I didn’t do. I have doctors at my house at night pocking and prodding, acupuncture, everything possible.”
Somebody jokingly asked Boldin if he was going to hang out in his locker on game day to make sure no one took his stuff. Boldin laughed long and hard, adding through his grin, “No comment.”
Tags: Antrel Rolle, Deuce Lutui, DRC
Posted in Blog | 16 Comments »