At the half, impressive thus far

Posted by Darren Urban on January 10, 2010 – 4:05 pm

Some quick thoughts as the Cards have a 24-10 halftime lead and will get the opening kickoff of the second half of their Wild Card playoff game:

– The Packers’ defense doesn’t know how to stop the Cards. If Larry Fitzgerald doesn’t fumble, the Cards have at least another three points right now.

– Turnovers, as expected, have been huge. LB Karlos Dansby was the reason the Cards got those first two turnovers to build their lead.

– DE Calais Campbell isn’t playing much because of his bad thumb, but both Alan Branch and Gabe Watson have been solid. And Bertrand Berry came off his week of “rest” with two sacks thus far.

– I’m not going to overstate it, but Early Doucet has looked good as Anquan Boldin Jr.

– CB Michael Adams is going to be kicking himself. He should have sacked Aaron Rodgers on a 44-yard bomb to Jermichael Finley, but for some reason Adams leaped high in the air and Rodgers easily ducked out of the way. If Adams just drives through Rodgers’ back, the Packers don’t get their last field goal.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to “At the half, impressive thus far”

1. By Eric G on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

In whisenhunt I trust. I knew he had something up his sleeve last week, but this? Man am I shocked by the dominance. Michael B., give Whisenhunt a lifetime contract. He and the fans deserve that. Seriously, you will never do better than Coach Whis. I beg of you now to never ever let him go. I don’t care if he loses the next game by a score of 101 – 0, don’t let Whis ever leave town. If he wasn’t too important for the Cards, I’d say he should be our governor. However, I care more about the Cards than the State. So, go Whisenhunt.

Michael B., you have your job mission. Now, do your job. Don’t let Whis go, ever. If he does decide to leave, at the very least offer double his salary. I can live with him leaving if you doubled his salary offer. I then know that you could not have done anything.

2. By Eric G on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

My god, the best playoff game in history. Whis, you are a god. I worship you.

3. By Wampag on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GO CARSS

GO MICHAEL

GO CARDS

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO

4. By Eric G on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

great win, in whis I trust. Go Cards.

5. By Javier Montoya on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

Great Job #85 Urban.. Coming in without any game time, making a catch that kept a drive alive. Doucet playing tough in the step up roll, Stephens-Howlings playin big on O, and Stevie Breaston baby!!!! And then it started with D and ended with D… What a classic! WOOO! CARDINALS FOOTBALL! Next Stop.. N.O.

6. By Dave W on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

Good Luck Cards! You deserve to move on…we’ll endure the pain. We are young but we just grew up a lot today. The Pack will be back. Best wishes for the rest of the playoffs from Green Bay.

7. By Craig on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

What a game! I have one complaint…Troy freaking Aikman!!! Did anybody else notice the love affair that he has with Green Bay?

Besides that I am glad that one is over and I am so glad we got the V!! What a game by both!

8. By spitfire772 on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

Whiz isn’t going to leave and I KNOW we will get his extension done. Bidwell isn’t THAT cheap… Adams was terrible tonight other than the last play. As much as I love his heart and talent (he does have talent), he makes too many mistakes and really is too small. He can be effective at times, but teams will continue to go at him if he gives up big plays, gets penalties, and makes mistakes.

Darren, is Calais’ injury one that won’t be fully healed until the offseason or will it be a lot better in 6 days?

9. By Preston on Jan 10, 2010 | Reply

I have had faith in the Cardinals when all around me said they were losers. Guess we’ll show them!!!

10. By Tyler on Jan 11, 2010 | Reply

About Michael Adams: Darren, if you get a chance, please let him know we (I assume all Cardinals fans feel the same way) are so happy for him. I’ve been cheering for him since I caught a practice in Flagstaff a couple years ago. He caught my eye then because he seemed to be having a good time and making the other guys have a good time out there too. I would have felt for him if we had lost the game, knowing how tough the day was for him. But since we won and he ended up playing huge part in that made me happy we won the game, first of all, but also happy for him personally.

11. By darrenurban on Jan 11, 2010 | Reply

Spitfire —

Not sure with Calais, but my guess is the cast will be in place next week.

12. By dimito sesma on Jan 11, 2010 | Reply

Well said I totally agree!