DRC worried he tore knee ligaments

Posted by Darren Urban on January 16, 2010 – 6:50 pm

Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie said he thinks he tore ligaments in his left knee in Saturday’s game, already making the offseason interesting. Coach Ken Whisenhunt said he didn’t know the extent of DRC’s injury until an MRI is conducted tomorrow, and obviously DRC was really worried about his last injury a couple weeks ago and it turned out OK. But if DRC does have a big-time injury, it’s going to be a long offseason for him and a lot of work to rehab.

The Cards came out of the rest of the game OK. Antrel Rolle has the concussion, but he has plenty of time to get better. The same goes for Kurt Warner’s bruised chest — assuming he plays again next season.

Tags: , ,

24 Responses to “DRC worried he tore knee ligaments”

1. By Kevin15 on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Yes, a disappointing ending to a great season. The D has to get better by adding better players. This is no surprise, we have seen this all season with giving up big leads and than the last two weeks. I don’t think it is Bill Davis. He just needs some better players. Can’t wait to see how the off season goes. Yes, we need #13 back.
    One last note. Thanks Darren for keeping all of us fans informed all season. Great Job! See ya in Flag!

2. By Rugbymuffin on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Tough, tough game.

I hope the best for DRC.

3. By Big Red on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Thank You Cardinals, It was worth every mile that we drove for each home game (800 miles). Till next year, God Bless, You Guys. Warner please come back for another season and also sign BOLDIN.

4. By kauaicardsfan on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Man,
    This was a hard one to shallow. Thank you Coach Whiz, Coaching staff,
    Kurt and the all the Cardinals for a Great season!!!!

Darren, Wolf and Paulie, Thank you for all your insights you provided us fans throughout the year!

Now lets keep this team together from top to bottom, keep our coaches, get Kurt, Q and Dansby all back. Draft or pick up a nasty pass rusher or 2 and we will see you all back in the playoffs next year!!!

Thanks for a Great year!!!

5. By fitz 4 mt rushmore on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Get well our walking wounded warriors!!!

6. By Cards Fan for 41 Years on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

I sure hope DRC recovers quickly. Same for Warner and Rolle.

I was really concerned about the defensive secondary after the Titans game. Unfortunately it was really exposed in the playoffs. The Cards have done this in their past history. I hope they really focus on the secondary during the off-season as well as build up depth for when there are injuries.

I am so disappointed that the Cards aren’t going to make it to the Super Bowl this year. I really had high hopes after last season’s run. However, they still have played better than they ever have in my lifetime, and I’m really proud of this team. Ken Whisenhunt and his staff have brought a winning culture to the Cardinals.

I wish they had Super Bowl rings. They’ll have to focus on next year.

7. By Cards Fan on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Well, first I hope DRC is ok because a big knee injury to a guy who’s game is based on speed would really hurt.

Also, I wonder if the Cards are second guessing some of the decisions they made in the secondary? For instance, could Matt Ware of played/been healthy enough, if they hadn’t put him on IR? Was releasing Aaron Francisco and Rod Hood a good idea? Was drafting Rashaad Johnson a good decision? I guess it could all be second guess but I’m just wondering if any one of those really hurt.

8. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Best of luck to DRC during his MRI Sunday.

Even if DRC came out of the game healthy, the Cards secondary is one of the most pressing offseason concerns the team will need to address in the offseason, IMO. Bryant McFadden, a starter, hasn’t been much of an improvement at his position this season, and he was exposed badly when it mattered most – during the playoffs.

I’ve never see a cornerback neglect to look back for the ball as much as B-Mac did this season. It’s as if he has all he can do just to keep up with the receivers he covers and doesn’t want to potentially loose a step by looking back for the ball.

9. By Former Steeler Fan on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Off topic, BUT, did anyone else think that it was DUMB of Payton to leave Brees in the game with a 31 point lead in the 4th quarter???

10. By 7ftCard on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

its too bad half our secondary was out of the game, it might have been a different outcome. Here’s for a great offseason, thanks for a terrific season guys. Cardinals in 2010!!!

11. By Dan on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

That sucks about DRC, it was kind of a freak play too, bodies went flying everywhere on that cheap block downfield. Dockett and another D-linemen fell into Cromartie like bowling pins. Pretty much a cheap block downfield caused this injury.

12. By Dan on Jan 16, 2010 | Reply

Gabe Watson and Dockett fell into Cromartie after a cheap downfield block by #85 of the Saints…..FB/TE, cheap shot in my book. With that aside, Cardinals need some players who can get to the QB……..Okeafor…..later dude, u suck and that pretty much goes for Bertrand Berry, should have drafted Suggs when we had the chance, everybody in the State of Arizona could see how great he was. Cardinals need some serious help on defense especially around the ends. QB has way too much time on a consistent basis. Trade Boldin for a decent DE and a draft choice. McFadden has been a big disappointment and who is teaching our DBs how to play the ball because they never do…unbelievable.

13. By dylan on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

Did Jeremy Urban begin the decline of the Cardinals. He just does not have what it takes to be on a championship team. Does anyone else agree?

14. By Edward B. on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

Ouch, I hope he is alright, all my prayers to him and the rest of the guys. It was a good season, sad the way it ended, since this team had a lot of heart. Good luck next year, and God Bless! GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. By Justin on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

Cardinals must resign Dockett, and in my opinion Dansby. Boldin is maybe a diffrent story depending on the developement of Doucet. Jerehme Urban needs to find a new career path. He represents what this franchise has been up till last year, a loser. Cut him, Okeafor, Berry,and maybe a few others. Lienart, I say we hold on to, but drafting a sleeper late round QB would not be a bad idea. I would assume Warner stays, not wanting his career to end like this. Overall the running game/ offensive line should improve. I would love to see us draft a pure pass rusher to line up opposite Campbell, with Dockett in the middle. Best wishes to our entire secondary, which seemed to either be mentally or physically out of the New Orleans game…

16. By Andrew on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

J. Urban has the skills but consistently fumbles, drops, or bats balls that should be retained. The momentum shift destroyed the Cardinals who were playing on fragile emotional energy. McFadden was exploited and without Rolle or DRC there was not a legit first-teamer in the backfield. Cardinals didn’t get to Brees at all and there was just no chance. If DRC tore ligaments the Cardinals will be reconstructing a defensive backfield. There are a lot of “ifs”–Warner, DRC, Q, Dansby. Basically, most of our best players status for next year is in limbo.

17. By eric on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

Great run cardinals!!!!!!!!!!! Now is the test for ownership to see if they can keep this team together. Yes changes will be inevitable, trade boldin for some pass rushing help probably through the draft. Of course warners decision will be huge but even if he comes back they still need to draft an heir-apparent to him high in the draft. I’m sorry but leinart sucks he will never be able to lead a championship-caliber type team, which is what i still believe the cards are next season with warner. A big time pass-rusher or two is a must in the off season. Maybe Cody Brown could develop into one of those? SIGN DANSBY, ROLLE, AND BREASTON in the off season. They are part of our core then worry about Dockett next year. Oh and by the way Bidwill, you might want to sign Whisenhunt too last time i checked he is pretty good at the helm. My last observation, I thought that Whisenhunt screwed up against the saints by going away from the run completely in the second quarter and almost strictly passing. Might have been a better idea to stay with the game plan and run the ball early in the second quarter and keep the ball out of Brees hands against our depleted secondary. PASS RUSHING HELP IN THE OFF SEASON BIDWILL AS THAT IS OUR DOWNFALL. OPPOSING QUARTERBACKS HAVE HAD WAY TOO MUCH TIME TO THROW THIS YEAR AGAINST US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOULD HAVE BEEN A DIFFERENT PLAYOFF RUN THIS YEAR AND LAST YEAR IF WE HAD A LEGIT PASS RUSH OFF THE EDGE!

18. By Joe-B on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

I’m wondering, why didn’t they keep Nugent? It is obvious that Rackers wasn’t fully healed, they should have kept Nugent and let Rackers heal up until he was completely ready.

19. By darrenurban on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

Joe-B —

The Cards and Rackers were convinced, mistakenly, Rackers was healthy.

20. By Raul on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

From Mexico, thanks Cards for another great season, and my best wishes to DRC on his MRI. A disappointing ending? Yes, but before going down, the Cards gave everybody hell, and I liked that. This is a team that changed its menality completely and I’m looking forward to next season. Kurt has some time left in him, he’s just 38. Again, thanks from Mexico for all the great moments this season.

21. By Zack Potter on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

Darren –

Any news on DRC???

22. By darrenurban on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

Zack —

Nothing yet. I hope to have an update tomorrow.

23. By Brian on Jan 17, 2010 | Reply

Lots of talk about the DBs. I somewhat agree, but the D Line and the DBs are kind of a set. I think the talent is all there (if DRC gets back to 100%). Maybe just a little work on schemes. That blasted middle zone! A little more pressure on QBs. Maybe another good blitzing LB. Otherwise, just maintain your self-confidence, guys, and play with the heart and intensity that we’ve seen in the last two seasons! Thanks for another great season. Looking forward to 2010!

24. By Pat on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

You know, I was born and raised in New Orleans, and after Katrina I had to finish college in Tempe, AZ. I loved it there, but have finished school and found a career back home in NOLA. The people are very positive, the weather is great, and for the most part, a great place to be. I cheer for the Saints because that’s who I grew up with. But I cheer for the Cardinals for any game that doesn’t involve my Saints (I also cheer for the Suns, no matter who they play. My friends give me a hard time for wearing my “Get Nashty” shirt to the Hornets Home games).

That being said, I don’t see how this could be considered a “cheap” hit, and frankly I’m tired of people whining about it. It’s football. He tried to make a tackle (ON A 330LB DEFENSIVE LINEMAN!!!). He got leveled. If he had been any other person on that team, nothing would have been said. He knew what he was getting into when he tried to make the tackle. There was no ill will there. Get over it.

To the others that haven’t complained, thank’s for being classy and I look forward to my next trip to Phoenix to visit some old friends.