No ACL damage for DRC UPDATE

Posted by Darren Urban on January 18, 2010 – 12:49 pm

The MRI of cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie showed that he chipped his tibia of his left leg and also injured his medial collateral ligament. He will undergo further tests this week to determine if surgery is needed. The best part is that DRC’s anterior cruciate ligament was apparently OK, and that’s the ligament that causes the biggest problem if torn. All things considered, it’s good news for both DRC and the Cards. UPDATE: Officially, the MCL is just injured. The extent of that injury has yet to be determined.

Tags:

26 Responses to “No ACL damage for DRC UPDATE”

1. By Joe-B on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

Lucky the injury wasn’t too bad.

2. By Rugbymuffin on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

HOORAY!!!

I hope that brings a smile to DRC’s face. He look so devastated on Saturday, and the fact he wouldn’t interview Sunday (totally understandable, injuries are very emotional things) just tore me to bits.

Hopefully he is in better spirits. Rest up DRC, and get better soon!

3. By Secret on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

To all REAL Cardinal fans:

I am going to give you an overview of what happened this season: my take of the Card’s season from the Steelers Pre-season game all the way to today.

-Remember when all the bandwagon fans had a beef with the Cards being 0-4 in the preseason?
    -Leinart had a pretty good preseason, particularly the Green Bay 2nd half, and Doucet even showed signs of talent, even though he dropped a 2 point conversion to win that game.
    -All the fans remember that heart breaker loss of week one… and week 14 from the 9ers, but hey, WE WON THE DIVISION!
    -Warner had many records broken this year; from the top of my head he broke the high percentage record of completions in one game with 92.3% in Jacksonville, over 30,000 or 40,000 (I can’t remember which) yards throwing with 2 teams along with 5 touchdowns in one game to make a franchise record.
    -I saw the Cards break two curses this year: first Larry Fitzgerald didn’t succumb to the Madden Curse and they went to the divisional round of the playoffs despite losing the Superbowl the previous year.
    -The Cardiac Cardinals have returned! They have a three game win streak and then lose to a pedestrian team… which I am personally okay with because of their winning record.
    -I remember when some of the bandwagoners were hoping off when the Cards with 1-2.
    -This happened many times during the year, but especially after the Cardinals played Carolina, it was popular to say “PUT IN LEINART” or “WARNER’S TIME IS DONE!” Now all of the fans are begging him to stay one more year.
    -There was one true game the entire season I believe where the entire team showed up: (O, D, ST) the Vikings game. If the Cards played every game like the Vikes, we would be undefeated.
    -The Cardinals won the most memorable wild card playoff in history, which underscores the Cardinals Successful season.
    -Yes it would be awesome if the Cardinals won the divisional game, but they sustained injuries throughout the game, had a loud crowd, and were still tired from the short week.
    -All the Bandwagon fans are gone! Yay!
    -The million dollar question is will Warner complete his contract? I hope so.
    -Another offseason question is what will the front office do with Boldin? Personally I would trade him and Leinart for a decent QB if Warner retires, and if he doesn’t, trade for a 1st round pick in 2011 that you will spend on a QB.
    -This season was a success!! Thank you Cardinals for giving me a very entertaining season!
    -Next year we will win the Super Bowl. :)

4. By Rugbymuffin on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

Uh, well. It is a relative Horaay. I don’t want to seem like I am celebrating an injury.

He is young, and should recover. I would imagine the surgery would be needed if after the swelling goes down the ship doesn’t settle in to where it should. Thus they will have to set it.

My biggest worry is that DRC won’t be able to stand still and rest the leg.

5. By P-Rod on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

hahaha!!! u guys stink, even with him, u guys didn’t have a chance!!! GO NINERS!!!!!

6. By kauaicardsfan on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

Good to hear DRC’s injury wasnt as bad as first expected!

Our Bye came too early, our team came off of a very physical and emotional game the week before, also being a short week and to travel. Add in that Q and Hayes were out of the starting line up was just too much in that short period of time to face off with a well rested NO saints team.

The injuries were inevitable, the cards were worn down and their bodies didnt have enough time to recoop. I truly believe if we had the all the warriors healthy facing N.O. it would have been different.

But all the teams face the same things this time of year and depth along with talent makes the difference when comes playoff time.

Look at the final 4 teams, if any off them loses their starting QB, they are average at best

Here is an old saying, a tree is only as strong as its trunk

In other words, keep the trunk strong ( the foundation, the core ) . You have the the foundation with the coaching and the key players, keep them and build around them!

Simple but true!

7. By spitfire772 on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

This is great news because it could have been much worse. If it’s an ACL injury, he has a chance of not being ready for next season. Now he can take the next 2 or 3 months (or more) and recover. This was a great season for the Cardinals and I’m proud of the team for doing so well. If Warner stays another year, we have a shot at a SB. Draft needs: OT, OLB, CB, QB (if Kurt retires).

8. By Richiepratt on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

kauaicardsfan, your wrong… mark sanchez sucks and they are one of the last four teams.. look at his stats of lately.. what has he done? O NOTHING! The jets are relying on their dominant rushing attack and awesome play by their defense…

9. By Dr Cardinal on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

The cardinals wiill never be a winning team till they draft or trade for two or three good corners. # 25 and 27 need some help bad.

10. By Cameron on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

I agree with secret I think they should package Leinart and Boldin for high 1st round pick and spend it on a QB. As much as I love Boldin I would much rather trade him and spread the money around between Dockett, Dansby and Rolle. There is lots of solid QB’s in the draft this year. I also hope that Kurt decides to come back. As for the 49ers fan I don’t know how you can say we stink when you guys didn’t even make the playoffs when we not only made the playoffs but also made to the divisional round. Hopefully it will be another good year next year. Go Cards!!!!!!

11. By kauaicardsfan on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

Richiepratt,
    True Mark isnt as great as the other 3 in there but should the jets lose him, I dont even know who his back up is? Sorry if it looked like I was trying to make him look as good as the other 3 QB’s left in the playoffs. My bad…..

12. By loveMYcards on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

Congratz Cards on another GREAT season!!! Even if it didn’t end as we all had hoped.
    Secret, you could not have put it better then you did! I’ve been following the Cards since they came to AZ back in ’88 I was 6, and aside from my grandma, my whole family thought I was crazy… they have finally after 20 yrs been proven wrong. The true cards fans know that a bad pre-season means we’ve got a shot at a decent regular season. How many times have they won 3 or 4 of the pre-season games and lost almost every game durring the regular season? too many to count.
    This team has finally come around and grown to become the team they are and in yars to come there will be up and downs, good season and bad. But all of us true fans who have weathered the past and still wear or red with pride know.. Win or loose, the Cards are the best and we will get that super bowl win!!!!
    Thanks guys for a great season, can’t wait for the 2010 season to begin!!!
    p.s. Kurt really really needs to stick it out one more yr, I think we can all handle him retiring provided we’ve got the warning of a season to deal with it.

13. By Patrick on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

Good for DRC (and us). Lot of real Cards fans here, feels like pretty good company.

Most notable events in ’09:
    1. 10 wins;
    2. Division crown, 2 years running;
    3. Only team in league without back to back loses…huge, reflects coach;
    4. Greatest game in playoff history;
    5. Dockett on way out praises coach.

Predictions for ’10:
    1. Warner returns;
    2. Cards sign that pass rusher free agent (or trade for him)we’ve needed when either Dansby goes for beaucoup bucks or Bolden is traded (even though Q really wants to stay in the worse way..its true);
    3. Cards sign new LB who is a hardened leader on D;
    4. Cody and Will turn out to be good pros;
    5. Rashad finally gets it and becomes regular part of DB rotation;
    6. Branch and Watson become formidible tandem;
    7. Cards win 12 games, get first round bye..something they learned this playoff run.
    8. Whiz gets extened in offseason for 5 years;
    9. Toler and DRC become starting DB, McFadden takes over as nickle back;
    10. Gandy gone and Bridges gets beat out at LT by a surprise player already on the roster….

14. By Tbru on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

Dominique, Best wishes for a speedy recovery

15. By Big Red on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

Who invited bud-head into this conversation, I mean P-Rod. As for secret I only Disagree with BOLDIN, have you forgotton whats he done for this organization. Ask Kurt if he would like to have him back for another season,Iknow what his answer would be. Also Leinart, is our future, TOGETHER, BELIEVE, lets not forget that. secret you were doing fine till you got to the part of Q and Leinart.

16. By thereisonly1 on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

49ers fans seriously post on this blog? you guys must be bored out of your minds from twiddling your thumbs for the past month.

17. By Steve on Jan 18, 2010 | Reply

Dr Cardinal – I seem to remeber this team in the Super Bowl last and in the Divisonal playoffs with 10 wins this year so not sure what you mean by a winning team.

DRC is a great corner who is still very raw. McFadden has looked bad but with Rolle hurt and the pash rush week any DB is going to get beat.

Secret – Boldin is an injury prone 30 yo WR who is looking for a big payday and has a bad attitude with the coaching staff. I hope the Cards can get a 2nd rounder and maybe a 2nd and 4th.

18. By Peter in Canada on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

Secret- I agree that the Viking game was the best they played all year. I think the Giant game was a close second as they were still a force at that point in the season.

19. By Big Red on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

One thing for sure beat those dam cowgirls next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. By AZ WhoDat on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

Great season Cards, glad to hear DRC is OK. Also glad Warner injury was not serious. I really hope he plays one more year, he deserves it and so do the Cards Fans. I am very happy for my Saints and are hoping they FINISH STRONG, but I have a lot of respect for this organization for the strides they have made. As a Louisiana native and lifelong Saints fans, our fans can relate to tuff years and can look proudly on our success. Hopefully, we can play in the big game like ya’ll did last year.

Hope to see ya in 2010. Great Job Cards and to you fans, stay classy!

WHO DAT 4-ever

21. By jpcards on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

I’ve been a Cards fan since the early/mid-70′s back in St. Louis and let me tell everyone that the organization has finally taken a turn for the better. As said, there will be up times and some down times but they finally have the direction they have sorely lacked. Thanks for another good season….back to back trips to the playoffs….back to back playoffs wins! That’s a first!

22. By Cards Fan for 41 Years on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

Wishing DRC a quick and full recovery!

23. By Samoan Tuna on Jan 26, 2010 | Reply

Well I just wanna say good job to the whole cardinals staff and players, once again u came out with a booming season, from the beginning of pre season everyone already counted us out of not making the playoffs, saying that it was a fluke what we did last season, well SURPRISE, we beat the team that everyone counted on was definitely gonna go to the superbowl, we weren’t even supposed to be in any type of playoffs, but we had our goal, and made it really close. I am proud of the cardinals accomplishments. It takes a real fan to understand the sacrifices and determination a team has to do to go that far in this kind of physical sport. We as Cardinals fan salute you for the hard work you guys have done. May this off season bring you guys happiness, and I look forward to seeing the cardinals next season and the surprises you have instore for us. GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!

24. By Gypsey Phoenix on Jan 26, 2010 | Reply

To anyone who thinks they should trade lienart I would dissagree with that decision. I’ve seen good and bad things from him but in a heartbreaking loss to the titans he played well enough to keep the team in the game and have a chance to win against a team that was playing as good as any at the time. I think with good coaching he can be a good qb and qbs like warner are so rare you can’t even hope for that. Oh and my jake the snake jersey is my proof to anyone that’s thought I might be a bandwaggon jumper. lol. I never stopped cheerin even with McCown.

25. By B-Real on Jan 27, 2010 | Reply

No way Leinart goes anywhere…. You are trying to compare a 1st ballot hall of famer to a guy with 17 NFL starts. Kurt Warner has been playing at a level that only a few guys in the NFL can play at. Give him a chance, would you rather draft a rookie, pick up a vet. or try a guy who knows your system? By the way, a rookie or a vet will not know the system as good as Leinart.

2. Jan 18, 2010: [Cardinals] Cardinals CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Has No Torn Ligaments - GridironFans.com