Raging one more time

Posted by Darren Urban on January 19, 2010 – 4:41 pm

– The final Big Red Rage of the season comes Thursday, at the normal time — 6 p.m. — at the normal place — Majerle’s Sports Grill in Chandler (although the rain might force the show under cover). If you can’t make it, tune into Sports 620 KTAR. No guest this week, instead Bertrand Berry will fly solo kind of, with Paul Calvisi and Ron Wolfley along for the ride.

– Speaking of Calvisi and Wolf, the season wrapup of Cardinals Underground will be posted tomorrow as well.

– Finally, for all those fretting about possibly losing Russ Grimm to a head coaching job, the Bills officially hired Chan Gailey for their job Tuesday, meaning Grimm won’t go anywhere (although it never seemed like it would happen with Grimm in Buffalo anyway). After the coaching staff upheaval of last year at this time, it looks like the Cards will stay constant.

Tags: , , ,

19 Responses to “Raging one more time”

1. By kauaicardsfan on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

Thats great to hear Russ is staying on! Now get Coach Lott resigned, redo Coach Whiz’s contract and start working on redoing all the Cards players contracts that we can redo.

I remember in the past we could never get ahead because all of our good draft picks would bail as soon as their initial contract was over, now its a New Era, a new Cardinals team that are willing and wanting to stay and has expressed those feelings. Never was like that before.

Funny how a year goes by and we were happy with a Division Win, This year, it was Superbowl expectations and nothing less. Wow! I hope this kind of success continues and this ride never ends!!!

2. By Joe2 on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

Russ Grimm is so big that if we had lost him, we woulda had to fill three jobs.

3. By prescottdenise on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

Glad to see there will be one last Big Red Rage. What happens to the show if B-Train doesn’t come back?

4. By mike hadzinski on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

Darren-
    Today on mike and mike on espn john clayton said that the raiders might want to bring in Russ Grimm have you heard anything ? also they talked about the future of 2 Qb’s 1 being Kurt and the other being Mcnabb Clayton said that he could suspect either the cards or the vikings making a trade for Donovan 1)he said he might come here if kurt hangs it up/he has property here 2)he said the vikes coach childress has ties with him I really don’t see that happening do you ? out of all the espn guys do you think clayton has pretty good info in the nfl.

5. By Yoli#11 on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

TO DARREN URBAN (& KTAR): This is when you test your die-harders guys…a special guest should show up ANYWAY–someone BIG! It would really solidify a treat fo those who never give up on the AZ Cards team! This season shows that WE are moving forward, we are moving on the path of success. No looking back!!!!!

6. By John on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

Russ Grimm is awesome. My eyes have never seen a better cardinal offensive line. Don’t get me wrong they are not perfect. But they are solid. I also love the rage. With wolf,berry,calvisi the personalities fit perfectly. The show always makes me laugh. Thanks guys your show has got me through many a stressful days.

7. By Big Red on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

2010 starts here with coach Grimm staying here. Let’s Go Cardinals!

8. By Kent on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

Great to have Russ back.

Darren –

I have heard some rumblings that next season the plan is to move Levi Brown to LT and start the big man from Northern Iowa, Brandon Keith at RT. This is something that I think will really help our running game out without losing much in pass protection.

Have you heard anything along those lines??

9. By darrenurban on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

prescottdenise –

That’s TBA.

10. By darrenurban on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

Mike –

I cannot imagine Russ being interested in the Raiders job, not with how that organization is right now. McNabb does have a house in Chandler and I would guess he would love to come to the Cards if the Eagles decided to let him go. But it would depend on the price of the trade and only if Warner retired. I don’t see it happening.

11. By darrenurban on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

Yoli –

Trust me, it will be a good show.

12. By darrenurban on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

Kent –

I think, if Gandy is not re-signed and no tackle is drafted high, they will try Keith at RT and move Levi to his natural spot of LT, at least to start with.

13. By Jesus on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

PAY DOCKETT!!!!!!!!!!!
    PAY DOCKETT!!!!!!!!!!!
    PAY DOCKETT!!!!!!!!!!!
    PAY DOCKETT!!!!!!!!!!!

14. By mike hadzinski on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

Darren-
    Real quick i was on azcentral.com and they had a little thing on a Lb named Reggie Walker and the Cards are Very High on him Do you think its gonna be something like OLBl/De cody brown ILB gerald hayes & Reggie walker and OLB/De Will Davis plus any1 we draft &Free agency With the way Will Davis played this year i saw great pot from where we picked him I still think we need depth at O-Line in case an1 goes down IMO Dansby is good as gone like you said and with that money we should IMO really make D.D the highest paid DT i have been telling ppl on the board and on D.D Twitter he reminds me of John Randle thanks Darren your the man.

15. By darrenurban on Jan 19, 2010 | Reply

Mike –

You’ve certainly changed your tune. Anyway, I think Cody Brown and Will Davis definitely are in the plans, but don’t forget Haggans — who I think was solid this season — will be around. Reggie Walker is intriguing to a point, but he hasn’t shown he can definitely be the man. There is still much to prove. There is little question the Cards need 2 or 3 LBs in combo of the draft and FA.

16. By John Rennecamp on Jan 20, 2010 | Reply

Darren, During the Saints game I heard one of the announcers say that the Cardinals were instructed to run the defense called and not to audible even if the opponents offense audibles out of their call. Is this true? They claimed it was because they didn’t feel comfortable with the checkdown calls that would be made. Was it because Hayes was out?

17. By darrenurban on Jan 20, 2010 | Reply

John –

I’ll be honest, I don’t know about that situation.

18. By wampag on Jan 20, 2010 | Reply

I am still depressed GO CARDS

19. By Yoli#11 on Jan 20, 2010 | Reply

To Darren Urban! It is always a good show…where there are AZ Cardinals (for me) there is fun!! Looking forward to the show—as I always do. Thanks KTAR for having the show.