Warner’s new career?

Posted by Darren Urban on January 23, 2010 – 9:01 pm

No, we don’t know for sure if Kurt Warner has given up his old career yet. That is yet to be determined. But then my young sons heard through a friend that Warner was making an appearance on a Disney show called “The Suite Life.” A yeoman’s effort by Kurt, given that the show (and the writing) are just as cheesy as you remember for any of those pre-teen Saturday morning-type sitcoms. I particularly liked Warner’s facial expression right before he “injures” his knee (Warner’s appearance comes at the 4:30 mark of this clip). I wasn’t all that fond of his uniform. Perhaps he should stick to football, since I’d still lean towards Fitz’s acting chops.

Tags: ,

19 Responses to “Warner’s new career?”

1. By Matt H on Jan 23, 2010 | Reply

So that’s what the miller high life guy (Windell MIddlebrooks) is doing now. He did a pilot with Adam Carolla and fell off the earth as far as I had seen.

2. By Tbru on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

I heard about this appearance, told my GF I wanted to watch it, she laughed at me

3. By Tbru on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

held the ball for two days straight, even in the shower. I think they are channeling Beanie too.

4. By Secret on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

oh gosh no. warner knows he can do much more than appear on pre-teen shows

5. By Mrbyte on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

That is so bad…I can’t believe I wasted any of my life watching it…at least I know Kurt has no future as an actor…..

6. By Joe-B on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

I guess he did it since his kids are fans of the show.

7. By Cards Fan for 41 Years on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

My daughter watches this show. She heard Kurt was to be on the show, so of course the whole family watched it with her. It is cheesy, but it was “cute”. I found it funny while watching this show thinking that never before in history would the Arizona Cardinals be the featured team on a kid’s show, or any show for that matter. They have come a long way.

8. By William on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

BREAKING NEWS: Kurt can’t act.

9. By Gambling Danny on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

I saw the show it was ok appearance .but the tackle was sure to draw a flag ! LOLOL As in the kid tackle Warner and ,Warner grabs his leg like he in pain .

10. By Gambling Danny on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

About his acting Dah He was playing Himself nothing to act about .

11. By Roxanne on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

I don’t care what show he is on and what ‘cheesy” things the producers MAKE him say or do. I’m just glad he was on TV again this week. ;) woop woop

12. By Adam on Jan 24, 2010 | Reply

If Warner does retire, what do you think the chances are of the Cards going after a seasoned QB Darren? I read a rumor article on ESPN.com today talking about Vick and McNabb as possibilities. I know McNabb lives here and we all know Vick does look good in red…

13. By darrenurban on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

Adam —

I don’t see them making a trade, to be honest, which would rule McNabb out. If the Eagles cut Vick they may take a look, but given Vick’s baggage — and his general struggles as a passer — I don’t see it.

14. By Joseph on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

i actually Tivo’ed this show to watch it, and when my wife saw it on the dvr list, she didn’t stop making fun of me for it. Oh well, at least we all know Kurt won’t be acting any time soon….maybe broadcaster on the Cards radio network?

15. By Bill on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

Kurt wasn’t that bad, although I’m in awe that “Saved by the Bell” might now be considered the apex of pre-teen television… Goooooooo Sparklies! Uh, I mean Cardinals!

16. By Scott Hornberger on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

First of all, as a cardinals fan who lives in the Philly area, I say this – we don’t want any part of McNabb in Arizona and Vick isn’t even worth discussing. I’ve been witness to 11 years of McNabb and I’m not interested. He’s NOT what we need on the field or anywhere else. Did you see him acting like a total idiot as he led his team through the tunnel onto the field in Dalls??? Well, enough said. I want to see Leinart get a fair shot at leading this team when the time comes. And I’m still hoping that will be AFTER one more year of Kurt Warner! And I say that Kurt needs to play out the last year of the committment he made to this team. Yes, Warner has been very good to the Cardinals and I am eternally grateful to him for that. But it needs to be said that the Cardinals have also been very good to Warner over the years that he’s been here. They brought him here to be a starter when most people felt he was finished or a back-up QB at best. Then, before last season when Warner made it known that he felt he deserved a chance to compete for the starting job, the Cardinals gave him that chance. And after last season when Warner asked for a two year deal to finish his career in Arizona, the Cardinals gave it to him. Paid him pretty well, too. The Cardinals have given Warner the opportunity to play his way back to the top and probably into the Hall of Fame. If not for the opportunity he’s had in Arizona, we may never have seen this truly remarkable resurrection. So…I say that for the opportunity Cardinals have given Warner, he needs to give them one more opportunity to hoist a Lombardi trophy with a truly great QB under center. They can mutually help each other get to where the Cardinals have never been and where we know Warner would love to be one more time before it’s over. Darren, what do you think?

17. By darrenurban on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

Scott —

I think the Cardinals are praying Kurt decides to stay. I also think Kurt has reasons to stick around. But in the end, the Cards need Warner at this point more than Warner needs them. So they wait to see what he’ll do.

18. By steve on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

great post Scott Hornberger

19. By william B on Jan 25, 2010 | Reply

Well Kurt was given a rare talent and he is well aware of that. To turn away from that, would be a real shame. As a leader he has changed the way young kids see sports and they notice that he is religous and I have heard them at my church speak out about that. They love the fact that he walks the walk. He was made to play this game and will leave a mark in history forever. The lord will guide him right back to the cardinals field. I truely believe he will return and do great things, he was given the talent and what a great team around him. He makes teammates rise to their best.