Link to Warner press conference

Posted by Darren Urban on January 29, 2010 – 8:57 am

As we get closer to the press conference later, the link to the live stream will pop up on the home page, but for those who don’t want to wait, here’s the link: http://www.azcardinals.com/photos-videos/videos/Warner-Press-Conference-LIVE-1-PM-MST/c5457043-c60b-46b9-8741-65a6acc157e8.

And for those of you who asked, I am told the three local sports radio stations will all carry the presser live, as will all the local TV stations. NFL Network will also have it, and I believe ESPN (probably ESPNews) will use a feed from a local affiliate.

But I’ll put in my selfish plea to use the above link and give me a little traffic on azcardinals.com.

Tags:

53 Responses to “Link to Warner press conference”

1. By Stacey on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

got your link open :)

2. By Stacey on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

oh i put your link on my facebook page too!

3. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

If Kurt retires, and the Cards decide to draft Tim Tebow, does the team anoint Tim as, “Pope Kurt Eugene II”?

I know it’s been stated Kurt has no interest in coaching, but I could see him hooking up with Tebow as a “life” mentor if Tebow would somehow land with the Cardinals. Some interesting storylines there to cover if it happens Darren?

4. By darrenurban on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Ottis –

Interesting, yes. But it will never happen. I don’t see this team taking a flyer on Tebow either.

5. By CJ on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

I would love it if Tebow came here but it won’t happen. I truly hope Matty Leinart steps up and shows he can be an NFL QB..but I have my doubts. We need someone who can in case Matty doesn’t work out. Kurt’s retiring…you don’t call a big press conference to announce you are staying.

6. By Secret on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Come on Kurt, one more year:(:(:(

7. By Joseph on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Any ideas on who they might bring in to make Matt truly earn the startnig job, or are the Cards going to just make him an heir apparent?

8. By Billy Thomas on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Well I think one thing that we can take as a potential reason for hope is the fact that unlike most of these situations, no one has explicitly stated that they know his decision is to retire. Most times by now, someone has found out that the decision is definite one way or the other, and then it gets leaked to the press and everyone knows. Although it’s not much, it’s something to grab on to. DON’T LOSE HOPE CARDINAL NATION!!

Darren- Do you agree that usually the press has a definitive answer by now, but no one seems to have one yet?

9. By darrenurban on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Joseph –

I don’t have any names for you. But it will be Leinart’s job to lose.

10. By darrenurban on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Billy –

You are right, it usually leaks by now. That said, I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

11. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

I agree about passing on Tebow. Although, if any of the pre-Graves Cardinal draft Czars were still in place for the 2010 draft, anything would be possible! LOL! My hope is that the Cards can find a good pass-rushing OLB (or DE) in the first round which can only make the secondary better.

I think Matt will make the most of his opportunity this year. He’ll be able to get into a steady rhythm practicing with the first team week-after-week, and I would expect that he’s going to increase up his off-season prep work (playbook and film) knowing that the coaching staff fully expects him to lead the team at QB for the entire season, even when he hits a bump in the road. Kurt certainly had his clunker games over the last two years, but they didn’t prevent the team from making the postseason.

The test for Matt will be can he bounce back after a bad game like Kurt could?Knowing that he’ll still be the starter the week following an off-game certainly figures to help Matt in that regard.

12. By Matt on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

IF warner retires I think they should bring in a viable backup, but no one that they will even SAY is pushing leinart for the job. He needs to be given the keys for one year, and say make it or break it. No more looking over his shoulder. No excused. I have faith in Matt to get it done.

13. By darrenurban on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Matt –

I tend to agree with this line of thinking.

14. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

I would like to see Kurt use the press conference to announce that this WILL be his final year – win, lose, or draw. That would end the speculation and distractions for the team allowing them to move forward. It would also put the entire team on notice that 2010 is going to be the last best chance they will have to earn a Super Bowl ring in the near future with this team (and that their focus and dedication needs to be greater than it ever has if being crowned a World Champion is indeed their ultimate NFL career goal).

15. By darrenurban on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Ottis –

We can all dream.

16. By Ron on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Tebow is a lot of hype. I personally, never really cared for him as a player. I would think he would have to put a lot of work in to be able to run plays from different formations and prove that to me first. The Cardinals got a hyped QB in the draft before and he has been sitting on the sidelines since. By all means draft a QB just not Tebow. Don’t sign another vet QB, unless you get a smokin deal. Save the money. I’d rather see them upgrade the D and resign Breaston. Worry about Doucet next year. As for Q… Sorry but the Cards have proven they can win games without him.

17. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Don Banks at SI.com (Cards take Tebow in Mock Draft 1.0) should read your blog more often. ;)

Todd

18. By darrenurban on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Ottis (or Todd, if you prefer) –

I saw that. I know Don and I like him. But he is way off base.

19. By Julie on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

I’m as nervous as this same time last year when I was waiting for Kurt to sign a new contract. Watching the Cardinals wouldn’t be the same without Kurt.

20. By Godwin on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

” DON’T GO, KURT ” !!!!

21. By Jesus on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

GIVE DOCKETT A NEW CONTRACT, HE WILL EVEN PLAY QB IF YOU ASK HIM

22. By RODY on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Sign Q as a QB :)! In all reality and kidding aside I do see this as the end for Kurt. Hopefully Matt learned from him and can step up and become a true NFL QB. In some games (tenn) he showed real promise and in others your wondering why he has not been cut yet. I think the cardinals will only give him a one year shot. I cant remember the numbers exactly but matt is going to make around 4 million this next year and around 14 next year give or take? I do not see them keeping him around the next year if he doesnt preform or show he can this next season for that kind of cash IMHO.

Thanks for the blogs and the link to press confrence Darren.

Rody

23. By sutton on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

The case for Warner

1. Warner played in three Super Bowls, and in all three he lead his team to a go-ahead TD with two minutes to go—Only once did his defense hold that lead, losing two SB’s on the last play.

2. Warner owns the top three passing yardage games in SB history.

3. Warner resurrected two franchises.

4. Warner is regarded as one of the most physically and mentally tough QB’s to ever play.

5. Warner has thrown 31 TD’s in 13 playoff games, a higher percentage than anyone, even Montana.

6. Two weeks before his retirement, Warner played what might have been the greatest ever playoff game by a QB, in a win against Green Bay: 29 for 33, 379 yds., 5 TD’s, 0 int’s.

7. Super Bowl MVP, and two time League MVP.
    ——-

The only reason there is even a discussion taking place about Warner’s Hall of Fame credentials is because some people are grabbing at straws, and inventing reasons why Warner might not qualify; because they don’t like his outspoken Christian convictions.

Sutton
    Lewisville, TX.

24. By Ron on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Jesus-

Too true!

25. By rick on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

The l are you kidding me the last person that you want is tim tebo. yes he was good a f/s but this is the nfl it way to fast for him and at best right now hes looking late first round to the 2nd. we need a vet to come in or matt has to really step up put in the work in the off season, and in traning camp. look at what the reports say about tebow will need lots of work. This is a team that is in the now not later !!!!

26. By bigredfan on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Regarding Tebow . . .

I am no expert, but I really see the team drafting with a defensive mindset, and not a QB of the future mindset. Offense is pretty set for success. D could use some depth at this point.

27. By cards fan on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Does Warner leaving have an effect on whether Boldin stays or goes?

28. By darrenurban on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Cards fan –

It could.

29. By Tbru on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

ESPN is reporting it is already official but presser coming up

30. By bigredfan on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Wow . . . .here it goes. Why in the world am I so anxious? HA!

31. By Jesus on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

darren it five after whats going on

32. By Marlon on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

So, that’s it. Thanks Kurt for your wanderfull football playing.

Good luck on your next step, whatever that may be.

33. By A Crying Fan on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Thank you for everything Kurt. You were more than just a quarterback, you were like an anchor for our whole team, players and fans alike. I really wish you could’ve gotten this last super bowl before leaving, not really for me or the fans, but so you could go out with something shiny to show how great I know you are, a champion, but I guess it just wasn’t in the stars…Either way, that doesn’t belittle anything you’ve done. To do as much as you did is more than any fan could ask of a player. Turning multiple losing franchises into winners, that’s truly an achievement that warrants being remembered forever. I’m just glad one of those franchises was mine. You will be missed Kurt, and I wish you the best with the rest of your life. I just hope you can get to truly see how much us fans will miss you. God bless.

34. By NMcards Fan on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Congrats to a great player and a man.

Sad to see him go.

35. By Yoli#11 on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

WE WILL MISS KURT WARNER IN THE GAME; for those whom he was playing for, it will be sad, bitter, disheartening But for those he was playing against, even they will be bittersweet! TAKE CARE KURT. We admire you for all your courage and faith, your abilities and what you represent on & off the field-a wonderful role model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36. By Lesa on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

SSSSOOOOO
    SSSSSSAAAAAADDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!
    I WISH HE WOULD HAVE TOOK MY TEAM TO THE SB & WON!
    I HOPE HE STAYS IN FOOTBALL

37. By Feather on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

LETS GO MATT!!!!!!!!! LIENART!!!!!!LEINART!!!!!#########7777777777777

38. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

What a great farewell. Kurt’s a total class act, and the NFL needs more unselfish guys like him.

For me, the highlight of Kurt’s press conference was Kurt stating that he desired this career — and the struggles to overcome adversity when the going got tough for him — serve to inspire others to never give up on their dreams when it seems like everything is gong wrong in their lives.

I also enjoyed Kurt praising Coach Whisenhunt’s willingness to be flexible and open to Kurt’s suggestions when developing a strategy for success with Kurt – even though Whiz came to the organization with a run-first mentality.

39. By KidStallyn on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

I’m going to be sick. My family and I will definitely miss you in Cardinal Red. Thanks for all the memories and most notably last years SUPER SEASON! You won the hearts of the City and Fans.

Faith, Finish, Focus

40. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

What Cardinals players were at Kurt’s press conference?

Ottis ;)

41. By QB1 on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

He’ll be sorely missed coming from a fan of another team, truly one of the best QBs ever and great example on and off the field. Best to him and future endeavors.

42. By darrenurban on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Ottis –

The only one I saw was Sean Morey. Most were out of town.

43. By John on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

I am VERY happy about this. Now if the Cards will hire an offensive coordinator!

44. By Peter in Canada on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Some people may argue about whether Kurt is a HOFer. I personally think he belongs but it really pales compared to his contribution as a role model. The obstacles that he overcame and his determination to succeed should serve as a lesson to all struggling people. He came from an unfashionable school and was constantly overlooked by the NFL. But when the small window of opportunity came with the Rams he seized it with both hands. Then came the shabby treatment from the Rams and Giants. When all the experts said he was finished and opportunity knocked again with the Cards he took it once again. I too was hoping he would play one more year but football’s loss will be someone else’s gain. God bless you Kurt.
    The Cardinals will be o.k. because they can now focus more on the run and use the draft to bolster the defence. Kurt resurrected the Cardsbut he hasn’t left the cupboard empty.

45. By Steve W on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Kurt will be missed by many, including myself as a long-time Cardinals fan. But a few very important will NOT be missing Kurt, and that is his family. Take care of yourself Kurt, and root for those Cards in your living room with your kids jumping all over you!

For Leinert, you certainly have some big shoes to fill, and though you have many doubters, you have a strong group who believes in you as well. Make the most of this next year and let’s see if we can get done this next year what the Cards haven’t done yet, though we’ve come oh-so tantalizingly close. A Super Bowl Championship!

I also really hope we see Boldin back in the lineup next year, though even if he is allowed to move elsewhere I have confidence in our receiving corps as well as our ever-improving ground game to see us through. A few tweaks on defense should see the Cards have a great year in 2010. Despite the awfully tough schedule, I hope the players and coaches alike will be shooting for another 10+ win season.

GO CARDS!!

46. By Rugbymuffin on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Thanks for the memories, and the awesome job you did in the desert Kurt.

You will be missed!

Best of luck with your future goals.

47. By johnnybluenose on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

sorry to see kurt go and obviously wish him well. i don’t know why he was so quick to make a decision though. what’s the rush? i expect lineart to do well. aaron rodgers has done more than ok and lineart has more to work with than rodgers. that being said, we need a good back-up with experience in case lineart gets hurt. st. pierre may be good enough but who really knows? jon kitna backs up romo. maybe we should look at someone like jeff garcia, or rex grossman. i hope management uses kurt’s money to get Q signed up and keep dockett, rolle, danby, gandy, lutui and lott. let’s have a good draft and strengthen our D. i expect us to be feared again, despite giving up 90 points in our last two games. can’t wait for the next season to begin. let’s keep this train going !!

48. By Wampag on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Hey D you think they retire his number and any possibility he comes back as a coach have you asked Whiz?

49. By darrenurban on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Wampag –

Kurt doesn’t want to coach. The Cards don’t retire numbers either, but I would guess Warner is a prime Ring of Honor candidate.

50. By Wampag on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Why don’t they retire jerseys? hmm learn something new everyday

thanks D have a great weekend

51. By Big Red on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

Thank You Kurt for all the great memories. May God Bless You and your family. May #13 live forever. I just hope ML learned something from you. Also, GOOD LUCK Matt. Cards please put Warner in the Ring of Honor when they play the cowboys, so they can play harder and win. You know how we hate those cowboys.

52. By Eddie on Jan 29, 2010 | Reply

I have faith in Leinart, and think everyone will be very happy as the season progresses. Remember, Leinart took over for Warner at one point and was doing pretty well as a rookie. He had no line yet and we had no “D”. Now the defense is improved, the line gets better every year, and Matt can stop looking over his shoulder. I think we should focus on defense in the draft. Good luck Kurt, and thank you for all the wonderful memories. You were/ are easy to root for. Enjoy Canton!

2. Aug 12, 2011: Watch the Kurt Warner Retirement Press Conference Live | Fanster.com - All Sports. All Phoenix.