The Warner Legacy

Posted by Darren Urban on February 3, 2010 – 6:22 pm

As a reminder, the premiere of “The Warner Legacy,” a half-hour special produced by the Cards’ broadcast department on Kurt Warner’s days in Arizona, is tomorrow (Thursday) at 5:30 p.m. Arizona time on Fox Sports Arizona. Set your TiVos. It’s only the first of multiple showings, and if you miss it, I’ve been told it should appear on azcardinals.com sometime next week as well.

Tags:

17 Responses to “The Warner Legacy”

1. By Miguel Viramontes Jr. on Feb 3, 2010 | Reply

Kurt Warner has been a blessing for us in Arizona. I hope the best for him and his family. New era for us lets go Cardinals, Time to rise red sea and let them hear our cry.

2. By Adam on Feb 3, 2010 | Reply

They should raise ticket prices $1 each so that we can have red towels instead of white ones for the 2 or so big games that they usually hand them out for… I’m just saying. Steelers have the terrible towel, we could have the Ragin’ Rag.

3. By gordo on Feb 3, 2010 | Reply

he put arizona on the map and hopefully for good…

4. By Javier Montoya on Feb 4, 2010 | Reply

LETS GO CARDINALS!

5. By Charles on Feb 4, 2010 | Reply

Retire the number 13. Warner should be on the “Ring of Fame” for two franchises. Remember how bad the Cards and Rams were before he arrived? Jim Hart and Charlie Johnson were good, but Warner is the greatest Cards QB ever. VanBrocklin, Waterfield and Gabriel were better than good for the Rams, but Warner tops them, as well.

6. By Cliff on Feb 4, 2010 | Reply

Hope Cardinals retire the number 13!

7. By Flood on Feb 4, 2010 | Reply

Adam-
    Is a ragin “rag” that is red really appropriate? Can you imagine how big of a joke we would be? Does the term PMS mean anything to you? Or was that your plan? If so, well played.

8. By Leo on Feb 4, 2010 | Reply

Its going to be a though season with out Kurt. You will be missed, is an understatement.

Q and Dockett should get paid the money that they earned but Q that’s not Fitz money, don’t get me wrong Q is my favorite player I sport #81 every game. If the cards trade him to get a chance to go after McCoy Ill be upset but understand that Matt is not going to cut it. The Cards also need to address the issues a CB because McFadden was getting Man handled, Toler looked promising, he committed a couple of mistakes but he gets to slide he’s a rookie and has a lot to learn. I look forward in seen what Cody Brown has to offer to the Pass Rush, but is his INJ going to be the only thing we hear about this guy?

GO CARDS!

9. By AZ fan in Oregon on Feb 4, 2010 | Reply

The last thing we need to do is copy the Steelers (other than Super bowl rings of course)!!! I HATE the Steelers. And good point Flood….. I just couldnt be a part of that.

Is the Warner Legacy going to be anywhere online to watch? Not a whole lot of Cardinal coverage up here in Oregon.

10. By darrenurban on Feb 4, 2010 | Reply

AZ fan —

As I noted above, we should post it on the site sometime next week.

11. By ronnie Paul Fresno, Ca on Feb 8, 2010 | Reply

Thank you Kurt for all the great moments for the Rams, NY Giants, and The Cardinals. As a Rams fan you gave us lots of enjoyment. As well for the NFL. Good luck in the future for you and your family. I would like to see you in the broadcast booth someday. All my best, Ronnie Paul, Fresno, Ca.

12. By Scott Hornberger on Feb 8, 2010 | Reply

I proudly wore my Warner Super Bowl jersey to the party I went to yesterday and it was really cool how people were so respectful of both Warner the QB AND Warner the man. Even some of the women who have no interest in football commented on what a great guy he is. His legacy is huge, yet simple – one of the best ever to play QB and one of the best human beings to ever wear an NFL uniform. There shouldn’t even be any discussion at this point as to whether he will get into the Hall Of Fame. He should become one of the guys who helps define the standard of that honor from this day forward. I just sincerely hope he will consider going in as a Cardinal. His amazing story may have started in St Louis, but I think it was the tail end of his career ( the last three seasons in particular ) that truly put over the top. Darren, what do you think?

13. By darrenurban on Feb 8, 2010 | Reply

Scott —

NFL players don’t “go in” to the Hall with a particular team because they don’t wear a cap like in baseball. So all their teams are mentioned on the plaque below their bust. As for being a Card, I don’t think there is any question Warner needed these final three seasons in Arizona to get into the Hall discussion. I have talked to many of the voters and he wasn’t going before the Super Bowl year and some felt he needed to follow up 2008 with a big year to get in. He did, so he should be headed to Canton later this decade.

14. By Rogelio Benitez on Feb 9, 2010 | Reply

Kurt Warner is my favorite QB and the leader of this TEAM please Go-on dont Quit, one year more, you cant do it.

Is my honor to mett you.

I was QB in the School and i have 35 years old andwant to see you play another season.

You are the BEST!!!

15. By Scott Hornberger on Feb 9, 2010 | Reply

Thanks, Darren. Glad to know that when he goes is, the Cardinals will go with him. And I really appreciated your comments about your interactions with the voters who actually have a say in this process. For my own selfish reasons, I just want the years he spent in Arizona to be recognized as really important in his career. Because without them, I don’t think he makes it to the Hall of Fame. I feel better now!

16. By Michael Mailand on Feb 14, 2010 | Reply

Does anybody know if the “Warner Legacy” will be shown on this website?

17. By darrenurban on Feb 14, 2010 | Reply

Michael —

It will be. I am being told it will still not be posted for another week or two, because it is still running on FSN Arizona. But it will on the site by the end of the month.