• Wed., Apr. 23, 2014 8:00AM - 2:00PM MST Cardinals Charities Golf Tournament Cardinals Charities Golf Tournament at Whirlwind Golf Club (5692 W North Loop Rd, Chandler, AZ 85226).
  • Wed., Apr. 23, 2014 5:00PM - 5:15PM MST 2014 NFL schedule released The 2014 NFL schedule is released. Check out all the details on azcardinals.com.
  • Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.

Dockett’s request for Suh

Posted by Darren Urban on February 27, 2010 – 3:35 pm

Via Twitter, Darnell Dockett had a plea for Nebraska defensive tackle (and certain top three pick) Ndamukong Suh today in two parts.

“Dear Ndamukong Suh I know u might be the 1st pick but can u whine like eli manning and go to another team like the cardinals”

“If u wait till we pic ill make sure u with us, me and u will dominate together something serious, thx NINE-0 –please fwd to SUH”

I’m not sure Suh would fall all the way to No. 26, but Dockett is at least efforting.

Tags: , ,

21 Responses to “Dockett’s request for Suh”

1. By Chris on Feb 27, 2010 | Reply

Hahaha Dockett. You know.. if we could work some kind of deal with the Rams or Lions and pickup the first round pick, plus whatever else we could get for Boldin.. that would be pretty sweet.

Dreamers can dream, right?

2. By CARDSFAN1178124 on Feb 27, 2010 | Reply

NINE-O IS THE MAN.

3. By CARDSFAN1178124 on Feb 27, 2010 | Reply

LEINART!

4. By Eazy E on Feb 27, 2010 | Reply

GOTTA LOVE DOCKETT!!! I WISH NINE-O!!!

5. By Pay Dockett! on Feb 27, 2010 | Reply

DOCKETT’S THE MAN! If suh came to AZ that would be a dream come true

6. By Barry on Feb 27, 2010 | Reply

Ya..that would be a nice thought!! ;-) Can we please get a deal going for Dockett…DT are in demand right now and I don’t wanna let this guy go!!

-B

7. By K-DUB on Feb 27, 2010 | Reply

Rams and Lions are shopping their picks, why not get him for Rolle and a later pick. I like to keep rolle, but sacrafices are needed and we could get a QB in the second or third round and at that time we should steal Dan LeFevour. At least that’s my thoughts.

8. By darrenurban on Feb 27, 2010 | Reply

K-Dub –

Rolle and the 26th pick are not worth the No. 1 or No. 2 pick, especially since Rolle needs a new contract. In theory, both teams can wait to see if Rolle hits free agency and get him for no compensation.

9. By Steve on Feb 27, 2010 | Reply

The positive I read from this is nine-0 is still thinking as a Cardinal long term.

There were some interviews he gave that made it sound like he knew he would be going elsewhere to get the big payday.

10. By cb on Feb 27, 2010 | Reply

Man if we could swing that somehow I would be down like Charlie Brown. I don’t even know how we would be able to swing that deal: Boldin, this years 1st and next years first maybe?

11. By Derek on Feb 27, 2010 | Reply

Darren-
    I know I’m probably going to get a bunch of criticism for asking this, but do you think Tim Tebow would be a good fit in Arizona?

12. By darrenurban on Feb 27, 2010 | Reply

cb –

Umm, I wouldn’t be holding my breath for such a deal. And frankly, Suh isn’t worth two firsts and a Q.

13. By darrenurban on Feb 27, 2010 | Reply

Derek –

Nope.

14. By Scott Hornberger on Feb 28, 2010 | Reply

Given some of Dockett’s previous comments in which he seemed, um, less than enthusiastic about being a Cardinal, I think this is so cool. You da man, Double D!!! And I’ll tell ya what – if I were a stud D-lineman coming into the NFL, Dockett is definitely a guy I would love to line up next to!

15. By ALarson on Feb 28, 2010 | Reply

Okay Darren, we allknow CARDS aren’t gonna get Suh. What about the other DT in the draft this yr? Would the CARDS use a 1st or 2nd rounder on a DT? Seems to be a good yr for DT’s?!

16. By Trisha on Mar 1, 2010 | Reply

If we are going to lose Q we better get a HIGH draft pick for him. I feel bad for Q if he is stuck in Oakland or Detroit (maybe then he’ll realize life in AZ wasn’t that bad) but we do need good CHEAP defensive players.

17. By darrenurban on Mar 1, 2010 | Reply

ALarson –

Possible. But we won’t know until we see who is on the clock.

18. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Mar 1, 2010 | Reply

NINE-0′s tweets weren’t exactly ringing endorsements for Gabe Watson or Alan Branch, were they?

Maybe Dockett is trying to send a message to Watson and Branch (assuming they are still with the Cards when training camp opens).

19. By darrenurban on Mar 1, 2010 | Reply

Ottis –

Maybe. Maybe it’s also a nod to the monster many believe Suh will be on this level.

20. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Mar 1, 2010 | Reply

Darren –

No doubt about your point. I can’t wait to see Suh play, wherever he lands up in the NFL. I’m glad I got to see Suh in a couple of prime-time Saturday games against Oklahoma and Texas — I’ve never been so intent on focusing on a line player during a game. And Suh’s just as smart as he is strong.

Darnell killed two birds with one stone with that tweet sequence.

21. By Big Red Fan on Mar 1, 2010 | Reply

Derek –

I would actually LOVE to see Tebow on the roster. He may still be around at 26, and is not a ‘threat’ to Leinart at this point (I wouldn’t think). Whiz can let Tebow sit a year, then create a two-headed monster like he did with Warner-Leinart the following year, and then a competition. But this is reaching a bit . . . . .