• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.
  • Fri., May. 23, 2014 8:00AM MST Rookie minicamp Rookie minicamp.
  • Sat., May. 24, 2014 8:00AM MST Rookie minicamp Rookie minicamp

The Warner Legacy on azcardinals.com

Posted by Darren Urban on March 1, 2010 – 1:13 pm

Many have asked, and finally, you shall receive: The Warner Legacy, the Cardinals broadcasting department’s special on Kurt Warner upon his retirement, has now been posted in full to the website.

Speaking of videos, we will also have a series of videos posted over the next week or so after compiling some good sound while at the NFL Scouting combine.

Tags: ,

13 Responses to “The Warner Legacy on azcardinals.com”

1. By pjdylan on Mar 1, 2010 | Reply

Thank you! Everytime it has been on I have been out of the house. I’m going to watch it right now. 13 is my hero. Made my team what I always wanted it to be.

2. By dylan on Mar 1, 2010 | Reply

warner had a big deal in transforming this team but you seriously think it was just him? i think whiz did most of this and will turn lienart into the great qb he can be

3. By juan on Mar 1, 2010 | Reply

Thks Kurt for taking my team to places
    I had always dreamed for! No more sun devil days

4. By Big Red Fan on Mar 1, 2010 | Reply

I was AT THE GAME when Kurt came out to replace Trent Green in 1999. The whole crowd knew this guy was special. And he was on the bench behind Tony Banks? Kurt Warner had a large part in turning this team around, so did Whiz. Whiz, after all, had the sense to give this guy a chance. and it got them to the Super Bowl. Whiz will continue to make the right decisions.

5. By Peter in Canada on Mar 1, 2010 | Reply

Big Red Fan- Did the crowd really know it? Dick Vermeil didn’t know it. He thought maybe the season was finished before it had started. Anyway, the video was just great. It captured the essence of Kurt Warner and I just can’t help comparing him to that personification of selfishness, Brett Favre, who is still going to let the Vikings know whther he is going to show up next year.

6. By Miguel on Mar 1, 2010 | Reply

I would like to say that I been a cardinals since when we were in Tempe, those hot days and awful loses are in the past know. Warner has impact our family by going to games as a family and watching games at home together, but the most of all he was humble man that show the meaning of being bless and teaching us to be a blessing to others. Warner will never be fogotten and he was the hero for Arizona.

7. By Scott H on Mar 1, 2010 | Reply

Wow, what a great tribute to Warner. I’m so glad he was a Cardinal. And how poetically just was it for Warner to lead the Cardinals to a Super Bowl in 2008? Warner had been written off by most people years ago and the Cardinals couldn’t even be written off because they hadn’t been a factor for decades! And yet, there they were together in Tampa, taking the Steelers to their absolute limits! If there was a team destined to be led to another Super Bowl late in Warner’s career, it was defintely the Cardinals. Thanks, Kurt, for all that you did and all that you were. The Hall of Fame awaits!

8. By Roy on Mar 2, 2010 | Reply

I have been a Cardinals fan since the were in St. Louis in the 80′s and I had the pleasure of watching Warner conduct the “Greatest Show on Turf” in the early 90′s. He never admitted it, but there was a reason he fizzled and was released in St. Louis. Warner couldn’t hold on to the ball anymore and he wouldn’t sit the bench until it healed. The competitor in him insisted that he was OK and his wife even took to the media in St. Louis to complain about him being benched.

I love Warner as a man, how could you not? I think he was good as a player. However, he did not single handidly turn the Cards around and he led to his own dimise in St. Louis by concealing the severity of his injury. He is a Hall of Famer because of his numbers and winning with 2 downtrodden franchises. Just think of what he would have done in those 3 or 4 years of obscurity if he would have allowed himself to heal.

9. By logan cooper on Mar 2, 2010 | Reply

Watching the combine there was really no corner that stood out to me as the best. Eric Berry was one of them. The safeties were beasts Taylor Mays is a freak of nature….but a 4 year starter and 5 int. and 3 were freshman year. Huge red flags.

The linebackers it seems as though there are going to be quite a few that are going to translate into some great NFL players.

Being that we are releasing rolle and be in need of a safety have you heard any talks of looking at Ryan Clark if his negotiations breakdown and he heads to free agency. Whiz loves bringing steeler guys over and Clark would be a great pickup.
    I understand the price would have to be right but have you heard any quiet talk about him if he opens up?
    Have you heard what position we might be looking at for the first round. It seems to me they have no perfect candidate but will pick up whoever they like the best that is available.

10. By darrenurban on Mar 2, 2010 | Reply

Logan –

If Rolle leaves — and again, that’s no lock — I could see the Cards looking at Clark.

I believe, assuming they can make a couple of key pickups in free agency, that they will look at best player available in the first round. IMO, that’d be at LB, DL and maybe OL or TE.

11. By fromthenorth on Mar 2, 2010 | Reply

Just watched the Warner Legacy. Wow – very well done. Warner always said he wanted to be remembered for more than just a football player. His off field activities and his respect for his fellow players, coaches, ownership and family make him more than just a player. Cardinal fans will miss seeing number 13, however as he said in the Warner Legacy he leaves a team that knows how to win and understands what winning is all about. Good luck in your future endeavors Kurt! Thanks for all the great memories.

12. By Brian R. on Mar 2, 2010 | Reply

Just watched the clip. A bit saddened here. Hope to find him somewhere in the stadium this coming season. Maybe a QB coach somewhere???

13. By Tim on Mar 3, 2010 | Reply

I’m with ya Brian I hope he comes back in some form and I think he would be a great coach!!