• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.

Q traded to Ravens

Posted by Darren Urban on March 5, 2010 – 4:18 pm

ESPN is reporting Anquan Boldin has been traded to Baltimore. The deal is, according to Adam Schefter, Q and the Cards’ fifth-rounder for the Ravens’ third- and fourth-round picks. I’ll have more as we go.

Schefter is also reporting Boldin has agreed to a new four-year, $28 million contract, the contract he wanted for so long. Could he have gotten something similar in Arizona? Very possible. I know that’s what fans are going to argue. But after Q’s blowup in 2008 at camp, the lines of communication were pretty frayed.

Tags: , ,

88 Responses to “Q traded to Ravens”

1. By RodgersCromartie on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Im going to miss Q, but at leased he gets what he wants with the Ravens

2. By Ruben R on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

if that enough darren for q

3. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Ruben –

I guess that’s a moot point now. He’s gone.

4. By Ben H on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Dang. Would have liked a 2nd rounder, but I suppose 2 picks isn’t bad, especially considering all the holes they suddenly have. Also, the Ravens pick right before the Cards at 25, so they’ll get back to back picks 2 rounds in a row.

Sad to see this day come though.

5. By Matt H on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

So long Q! I’ll miss ya man. Good luck in Balty, don’t get shot.

6. By cards62 on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

I was hoping we would at least receive a second, but I think it is best for all parties concerned for Q to move on. Good luck Q you are a beast and you played great for us for many many years. We are in for a lvery interesting off season cards fans so lets enjoy the ride and see what we have when training camp opens. Go Cards!.

7. By Daryl Keith on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

WOW, Its a sad day to be a Cardinals fan! Q at least the fans will miss you and what you have done for this team!! You started the job to pick us up from out of the NFL trenches! Thanks man!!!

Disgruntled Cards fan!

8. By Ruben R on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

i think this a decent trade by that cardinals kurt is gone i think cardinal are going to a run offense and i dont know if that cardinal are going to pass that ball enough to keep three good receivers and i think that cardinals have great expectetions for early doucett and this extra 3rd round pick is goin to help filled all that holes we have on that defense side of that ball

9. By RED BIRD 66 on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

HATE TO SEE HIM GO BUT THATS WHAT HE WANTED. IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW HE DOES WITH THE RAVENS. I AM GLAD HE DIDN’T GO TO A NFC WEST TEAM SO AT LEAST I CAN STILL ROOT FOR HIM. HOPEFULLY WHIZ WILL GET SOME QUALITY PLAYERS WITH THOSE PICKS. I DON’T THINK THEY COULD OF GOT MUCH MORE AS TEAMS KNEW HE WANTED OUT AND ONLY HAD 1 MORE YEAR. WATCH HIM GET A HUGE CONTRACT AND THEY GO INTO LA LA LAND AND NEVER PUT UP THE SAME NUMBERS AGAIN. GUESS ITS TIME TO BURN THE 81 JERSEY. I THINK I WILL GO WITH #26 OR #24 THIS YEAR. GO CARDS-MAKE Q WISH HE NEVER ASKED TO BE TRADED.

10. By k. on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

sad to hear but it’s the business of football. i’ll miss ya q! you’ve always been one of my favorites without question.

11. By CARDSFAN1178124 on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

LOOKS LIKE WE’RE RE-SHAPING THE OFFENSE A LITTLE BIT.

12. By Paul on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Goog luck Q. We will miss you a lot. You were one of the main reason’s this ship was turned around. You changed the culture of losing inside the locker room.
    Maybe we meet up again someday in the Super Bowl.

13. By Tod on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Will miss the amazing player on the field.

Won’t miss the drama!

14. By Derek on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

Have the Cards offered any contracts to players yet?

15. By Jeff on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

It was a long time coming but it was inevitable. With Breaston, Doucet, et al waiting in the wings it is not wise to pay 17 million a year to Fitzgerald and Boldin, it leaves too many holes across the roster.

16. By billy bob on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Now that the cardinals have traded boldin do you think they would be able to sign rolle and dansby or is it one or the other. Also with him gone does that mean dockett is going to get paid

17. By Shane on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

What a sd sad day! Good luck to Q! I hope we use those picks VERY wisely!

18. By raul on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

good luck Q.
    Honestly hate the trade. Especially now that more than likely Brandon Marshall is going to Seattle. We’re gonna miss you Q. Thanks for all the wonderful memories.

19. By 949cardsfan on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

WOW!!! If we lose Rolle and ‘Los too, we are officially rebuilding. Graves and The Whiz have a lot of work to do, the draft will definetly make or break our 2010 season, get to work boys, I still believe in you!

20. By christian on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

im soo upset. my fav player in the nfl, my team let him go. we coudnt give him that contract really? this is bull darren really. he did alot for this team yeah he got mad at camp but look woudnt you? after he was promised and nutin was done. he even said he wanted to stay in AZ. wow. and 3rd and 4th pick? how bout 2nd and 3rd? maybe even jus a first. hes worth more. wow is all i have to say.

21. By Anthony on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Wow you figure with the loss of Kurt’s leadership the front office would try to keep the only other leader on offense. Fitz is great but he just doesn’t have the leadership Q does. Well as a long time cards fan I guess i should have seen this coming. I guess we should trade Darnell before he gets traded for some second day draft picks too.

22. By thereisonly1 on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

man, no rolle, no dansby, no warner, no q… whos next?

23. By Ed_Reed on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Welcome to BMORE, you have instantly upgraded our WR core. The Cardinals did you wrong the last few years, and should of dealt you earlier.

24. By Cards Fan on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

I don’t understand why the Cards wouldn’t just hang on to him? He was only going to make 3 million a year, which for his production level, is cheap. I understand the “get something instead of nothing” theory but that something could be Rashad Johnson or Buster Davis.

25. By fitz 4 mt rushmore on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Tough day for all of the fans. But we saw Quan in his prime & at his best in Cardinal red & hope he & his family the best. A warrior has left AZ & one day his name & #81 will forever be etched in the Ring of honor at the UoP as one of the greatest Redbirds ever!!! Good luck Q!!!

26. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Derek –

Rolle and Dansby.

27. By Matt on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Hey, I’m a gigantic Cardinals fan… But i have to say this is the dumbest trade!! good for boldin he got his money and the ravens have a passing game now… but a 3rd and a 4th are you kidding me?? what about a 1st and at very least a 2nd… he averages 1000 yards a season… with tons of catches!! i know breaston and doucet will be good. and i understanding getting value for him… but wait for a better deal!!!

28. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Billy –

The Q trade has nothing to do with money. It was about getting something for him before he walked away after 2010, because he wasn’t going to re-sign.

29. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Christian –

Was he promised? For all I know he was. But maybe they said what they usually do, that they’d get to it if they could. And I was there when he said in 2008 he’d never re-sign here.

I will say it one more time: No one was giving up a second and third for him. No one was giving up a first.

30. By Barry on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Good luck Q…I hated your mouth…but a Damn good reciever..Flacco will have in awesome target with you in the lineup now!! Good team to go too!!

31. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Cards –

Or Dockett or Adrian. You don’t know.

32. By fear710 on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

no wat the hell Q was so damn good

33. By 949cardsfan on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

I guess you give the GM and head coach 5 yr extensions and all of a sudden there’s no urgency to win now. Hmmm! Becareful guys, dont lose all the momentum you’ve built up to now. Lets not regress back to where we were, an almost there type of team. Get busy signing blackjack, ‘Los, or both! Dont let us down now, we’ve come to far.

34. By kauaicardsfan on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Good luck Q, Glad you got what you deserved! Will miss you !!
    You have done a lot for us! Will never forget that!!!
    Aloha!!!

35. By 949cardsfan on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

We had nothing to lose by waiting till closer to draft day to move Q. Teams would’ve been more desperate, we could’ve got more. Definetely wouldnt have gotten less. Not a smart move guys (whiz/graves). An early 3 and 4 might have been acceptable, but not a playoff teams 3 and 4. Congrats! we just got a 4 and 5 for Q. Thats unacceptable!!!

36. By Q FAN on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

the cards ask for a 1st round pick last year an now only get 3rd and 4th this year i garuantee both those picks wont contribute to the cards in the future at all.(BUT NOW HE HAS A BETTER CHANCE TO WHEN SUPERBOWL)

37. By Gary on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Wow! I hate this trade. Sorry guys but this off-season so far is the worst that I can ever remember. Losing Warner, Boldin, Dansby, Rolle and others. If we don’t replace these players with some real talent in free agency we are looking at a losing season in 2010. I know it’s early in free agency but Graves better find some bigtime players or he will be blamed for the worst off-season in Cardinal history.

38. By William on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Darren -

What WR, if any, do you see the Cards pursuing in the free agency/draft?

39. By christian on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

thousand yard seasons? and he waqs injured and put up thousand yard seasons graves got his extension. and yeah he said that. but this year maybe a month or 2 ago he said AZ was his home and that his familys out here, and this is where he wants to be. hes worth more then that bro come on. rookie of the year. idk what graves thinks hes doing. and then go head and let dansby go and antrell hell lets get rid of wilson and dockett to. what about when drc contracts comes up their gonna release him to or trade him come on. he brought in a good coach yeah i love whiz but wow. and stop going to the steeler scrapyard getting these weak players. wow.

40. By Barry on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Sad to see him go but I have faith in the wiz

41. By pacardfan on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

We all knew this day was going to happen. As a huge Cards. fan and Q fan (whom I’ve met several times and he has always been true to his fans), it is sad to see him go. His leadership and heart to play will def be hard to replace, but the Cards. wr core is still going to be a killer.
    Darren, I saw Philly released Will Witherspoon and have heard that Dolphins have made or are close to having an offer for Dansby. If Dansby goes, what are your thoughts on Cards. going after Witherspoon who can play weak or strong LB?

Any word on any others such as Carr or Del. ?

42. By Chris on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

I am loyal to teams as long as they are loyal to me. I have been a Raptors fan for seven years now and I love their head coach and GM and even if they get rid of my favorite players, the NBA is far behind NFL for me in emotional investment.

I became an Arizona fan because of Kurt Warner, but was really happy that he was with Arizona because I never felt fun rooting for the Giants and Anquan Boldin was my second favorite player. Warner’s appeal kind of vanished for me because him and I have different theological opinions and I identify more with Boldin. Hightower is my favorite player now in the NFL but I think Anquan is much more fun to watch. Now that he’s gone, I’m going with him to the Ravens. I’ll still wear my modest Arizona Cardinals t-shirt but all the time and energy I spent watching them feels wasted because of this stupid, stupid trade.

People point to the games under Whisenhunt they’ve won without Boldin. Against a horrid Bears musical secondary, with six turnovers on Jake Delhomme, against a Green Bay secondary that wasn’t tackling, against a Scott Linehan St. Louis team. Remember, when Jerheme Urban had that fumble that changed the momentum of the playoff game in the Super Dome (not that they had a chance without Rolle and Rodgers-Cromartie), he was only in there because Boldin was hurt. To me, 14 random, non-consecutive games is difficult to judge how the team plays without Anquan Boldin.

Maybe I am a bandwagon fan, but I’m going with the best player in the NFL rather than the team that acted like they wanted to compensate him, never properly deployed him, then sent him away.

43. By Chad on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

I’m happy for Q! He’s going to an organization that sees his value at least. So know the Cards will march our next year with Fitz, Breaston (who will have to be resigned after next year too), Beanie, and Leniart. That’s a real far cry from Fitz, Q, and Warner. But the “future” is here. And with the holes on D, seems like the team is getting blown up.

So, now a question of fanhood….still a Cards fan or a new Ravens fan? Hmmmm.

44. By 949cardsfan on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

Just read your post on the website, you mention compensentory, and moving up in the 3rd and 4th. How does this work? I wasn’t aware thats how it works. i guess that makes the trade a little easier to swallow.

45. By fear710 on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

CARDS SHOULD GO AFTER BRANDON MARSHALL

46. By Joe-B on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

I’ll miss having him on the team, but at least he gets to go to a team that fits the way he plays.

47. By k. on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

that’s a bit ridiculous 949 to think just because coach and gm got theirs they’re going let the team fail. this is their careers on the line not just 5 years but beyond.

48. By fighting bird on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

QB Jake Delhomme for back up.What do yaw think about that,he ha been released.

49. By Steve on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Darren –

What do you think about the Cards offering that third for Raiders ILB Kirk Morrison, especially if Dansby walks? Any rumblings?

50. By Adam on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Woo! Time for Stevie B to shine!

Long term deal??

51. By blubeberry uk on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

boldin dint like being in the shodow of fitz, he had to go, but i dont think a 3rd and 4 pick was the best we could get. think we should of waited a bit longer. its guna be a hell of a year, im really not sure where we are. losing to many good players to be a force. 7-9 at best this year

52. By moe on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

DAMN sad day in the valley boldin was a big asset to this team regardless if he bitched or not he deserved the money he got he always hurt or not always gace his all good luck boldin

53. By raul on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

so Dansby officially a dolphin. Good luck outhere los. 5 yr 43$ million. 22$ guarantee. I was expecting atleast 30. Makes me wonder what did the cards offer him?????

54. By pacardfan on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Just read that Dansby and the FIns have made a 5 yr deal for $43 mill. $22 gant. Let’s hope the Cardinals can start getting other FA players in which are dep. needed since they lost the battle for Danbys and looks to have lost the battle for Rolle who I read is all but signed by NYG. :( Sad day, so hopefully that will change soon with FA signings. Can’t just sit back a wait around….Wow they did that last year and got McF. He was a huge help.lol I understand the whole Pit backround and all, but Cards. need younger and better players than old Pit guys. Why do you think that Pit. leaves them go. (Appling to an artical I saw about going after Larry Foote and pos. Ryan Clark)

55. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

William –

Not sure if they will. Maybe get one in the draft at some point. They could still bring back Urban as a fourth receiver.

56. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

949 –

Actually, given your response, this is going to make you more upset. Compensatory picks are added at the end of the third round on. We don’t know what they are yet, but in essence, it will add a few picks for teams late in the third round — and technically push the fourth rounders down a few slots, depending on how many are handed out.

57. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Steve –

They are bringing in Larry Foote for a visit. They aren’t going to give up a third-round pick for Kirk Morrison.

58. By nor cal cards fan on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

It’s a very sad day for Cardinals fans. Q is a beast who gave it all for his team every time he stepped on the field. The reason he was always banged up is because he is a wide reciever who plays like a running back. Q and Fitz could have become the best WR tandem on the same team in NFL history, without a doubt. Fitz is in his prime and Q isn’t even 30 yet. The fact that we couldn’t get something done to keep them together has left me very upset as a die hard. I’ve never been a fair weather fan, but after losing Warner, Boldin, Berry, Dansby, and Rolle, whoever still thinks we’re going back to the playoffs next season needs to put down that Kool- Aid.

59. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Adam –

I would hope at some point.

60. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

pacard –

They are looking at Foote first. The quarterbacks are on the backburner for now, I think.

61. By cali cards fan on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

With what’s available on the market, how inactive we usually are to get FA impact players early in the game, and the players we are losing, I don’t feel too good about next year right now…

Please do not bring us back to the bottom of the barrel fellas! Been there, been through that.

I agree this deal needed to happen but giving up a 5th rounder along with Q is a little too much for what we got.

62. By Brian R. on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Its all good. Have fun there Anquan. We dont need him. We have back up WRs that can be primary starters for any team. Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Breaston, Early Doucet, Jereme Urban, let it be. I think our Cardinals will repair their defense by the draft. Whisenhunt, are you trying to go back at the old steeler way of football is AZ?

63. By blubeberry uk on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

this day gets worse. might as well get rid of all our house hold named players

64. By Big Red on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Stupid,Stupid at least just Boldin, but a draft pick to. My favorite player is gone, its a sad day in our household. Well, my favorite team in the AFC will now be the RAVENS. Good Luck Q, may god be with you and Thanks for all the memories. Love you man.

65. By Erik on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Can I get a WHAT!!!!! They HAVE TO make those picks count. I trust in Wiz and Graves, but it’s hard to accept. That guy has more heart than anybody I’ve ever seen, he will be missed.
    Darren, will we get any compensation picks for that fleecing? Kiss on the cheek, something?

66. By andres on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

dam we as fan lost alot for q gave them a 5 th and q they should of done better the guy is better then that i like the kirk mors trade you talked about but that a blow to the fans dismantling the team like that when is the last time a running team won the superbowl it doesnt happen look at the jets in papper they were the better team no qb no passes close but not really. they should trade for something better more d players and q. whiz play calling now that warner retaired is going to be the same like first year alot of 3 and outs no offensive line no d what now 6 -10

67. By Jesse Robles on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Darren
    Good page on “End to Boldin Era,” I think we will be fine, we have a terrific coaching staff, we still have Nine O and A Dub as our Defensive Captains, we will be young but faster, our offense is still stacked, Leinart will be fine, he showed that at Tennessee this year. I am not worried at all. Q was Great though, I am going to miss him. Great times, but at least he is paid. Tell him we said thank you if you see him. Like Ken said, it is Q’s Day and thinking about it gets me bummed. Not sure what to tell you about the crazy fans who think that its over, but this great transition started when we Signed Ken Whisenhunt and Rod Graves to new deals.

68. By Jesse Robles on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

This is the Year the Ken Whisenhunt shows the Steelers that they should have took him instead of Tomlin, but he is a Cardinal so I am not concerned, just thought I would throw that out there.

69. By 949cardsfan on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Hey I got an idea! Lets release Leinart, maybe we can save a few bucks, lets trade Dockett for a 4th and 5th rnd pick, and lets move DRC to safety to cover for Rolle! You’ve got to be kidding me, is this whats next?

70. By jrd on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Man am i gonna miss watching Boldin. one of the best we have ever had in this town. Q I wish you the best and hope someday you get in the ring of honor here. Thanks for all the memories and the courage you showed going over the middle each week and punishing the other team any way you could. I hope you have a great ride with the ravens. Damn!!!

71. By SeeingRed on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

All I know is that we didn’t get any stronger today by losing Q. Really, we couldn’t pay him 4×28?? Really? Best wishes for him and his family. This upcoming season is going to be BIG for AZCards Org credibility. Not just nationally but also right here in AZ and for all Cards fans. All this “what’s in the best interests of the Org and can’t do this or that now”…I want to see what the Cards ARE able to do besides lose “core” players. With SF and potentially Seattle on the rise, the front office better hit a home run on it’s strategy for not paying out.

Not a Happy Fan Today

72. By Potter on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

I think it is a shame losing boldin, worse that we got very little for him. He is worth much more than a 3rd and 4th rounder. Especially since we gave them a 5th(which has been a golden pick for us in the past couple years) but i thought we could have gotten a tight end with a pick or two for boldin. Would it have killed Baltimore to throw in Todd Heap with the 3rd and 4th picks?

I think this has to be the 2nd biggest trade steal in the past few years…2nd only to the trade sending Randy Moss to New England for a 4th rounder.

Im happy Boldin got what he wanted with his new contract, He is a grade-A talent and a class act in my opinion. Good Luck Anquan, we will miss you

73. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Erik –

Fleecing in what way? Anquan simply wasn’t worth more anymore. All the fans can argue otherwise, but — aside from the Cowboys stupidly overpaying for Roy Williams — teams don’t give up that much for aging wideouts anymore.

74. By Tyler Comella on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Rod graves says this was a good trade for the team how in the heck is trading q a good thing. Also is there any chance that the cardinals will go after antonio pierce. We have many holes to fill rolle is gone were not going to re sign him and everyone knows it or a deal would have already been done. Is there still a chance that the cardinals will get joey poter also.

75. By Former Steeler Fan on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Let’s just pay every player e.g. Bolden, Dansby and Rolle. what they want or what other teams offer. Ugggghhhhhh.

Remind you of our government? Just spend, spend and spend.

Get real fans!!!

It’s a business.

Don’t sign players with character issues. The team doesn’t need cancers in the locker room.

Draft wisely. Coach them well. Prepare sound game plans. And execute.

Quit trashing the Bidwills, Graves and Whiz until the signings and draft are over.

As an aside, I’m pleased that Boldin will be in the Steeler’s division. Maybe the Ravens will beat the Iron City team twice and Q will score a few TDs and bowl over a few DBs.

76. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Seeing Red –

It was 3 for 25 that the Ravens gave him, and yes, I think they would have given that to him once upon a time. But that time was probably done as soon as he hammered the team publicly a couple years ago from both sides. He never would have signed that deal in Arizona.

77. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Tyler –

The Cards are looking at Foote, not Pierce, who has been injured. Porter I think is a possibility.

78. By E on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

this was a horribly one sided trade, they got a steal in anquan, We will not get anyone from a late 3rd round pick that can step in and contribute like we need them too. This team went to the dumps in one day

79. By Potter on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

I have a question for you to look into darren… We can go after 1 UFA with the rules of the final 8. But we can sign one UFA for every one we lose. We have our free one, and now one for losing dansby, possibly one more for Rolle. But does kurt retiring and us placing him on PUP/retired list qualify us as losing 1 more UFA?

And a 2nd question, We have all heard the names Foote/Pierce/Porter thrown around but who do you see us targeting in the UFA/RFA market?

80. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Potter –

The rules aren’t going to affect the Cards. Don’t worry about that. They will look at Foote for sure. We’ll see who else. Today was such a whirlwind, Graves was working on Boldin/Dansby/Rolle all day.

81. By az-fan-in-gb on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

WANTED TO SEE HIM GO when all of the whining about the contract started. I even talked to a friend at work today saying I think he’ll be traded soon, and wasn’t too worried about it…..but now that it’s a reality IT SUCKS! I can’t believe the feeling I have right now! Man we’re going to miss you Q!

Well good thing people are saying this is a deep draft, especially defensively, Thought Q was worth so much more than a 3rd and 4th. we are definitely going to need to step up the D next year, even with out Q and Kurt I don’t think our offense will skip a beat!

82. By Potter on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Is there any word on maybe Antonio Pierce?

With losing Dansby and Boldin today we have lost 2 team leaders and 1 of our emotional leaders, Pierce has been an emotional leader for the Giants and what do you think about him being that for us?

And at Free Safety, how about Darren Sharper? He is older and has injury concerns, but he proved last year he can still start and still be a factor.

83. By Erik on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

I am a Cards fan through and through and I always will be. For crying out loud I moved to Seattle two years ago and kept my season tickets just so I might have the chance to go to a game or two. This team has been in the NFL dumpster for years and I know Boldin had a big part in changing that. I worry that loosing leaders like Boldin, Warner, Rolle, Okeafor, Berry, and Dansby all in one season without much in return will put them right back where they started.
    I am willing to accept the fact that this is just the first chapter in a very long offseason. I guess I’m kinda like the guy that builds his own house then lives there for 20 years. Sentimental value. You can’t tell me your first reaction was, now that’s a great trade for the Cards. Oh well, in Wiz I trust!

84. By Lone-Eagle on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Well here goes everything! First let me say that this is a sad day in the Cardinals organization. For seven years Q stuck with this organization, and just because he wanted to get paid fair market value, and said something about it he is gone. They didn’t even try to keep him. The way the media is playing this whole thing out, the Cardinals got rid of a headache, they got rid of a crybaby. They were tired of the temper tantrums. What they got rid of, was one of the toughest, strongest, hardest working WR in the league today. Every game I watched which was quite alot of them, he gave 110% every time, even when he wasn’t getting the ball. The defenders he would drag, just to get a few extra yards for a 1st To have his face broken, have it surgically repaired and literally come back to weeks later, and instead of aviod contact, he went straught to the lions den, right smack down the middle, with 0 regard for his body. This is how the organization says thank you. Q, if you get a chance to read this, good for you!! Good luck with the Ravens!! I now have a second team to root for!! You deserve everything your getting and then some!! On another note, Dansby–Rolle, Good riddens!! You obviously didn’t want to be Cardinals any longer if the reports are accurate, which I can probably assume they are. Darren, I hear rumor they are going to bring in Larry Foote. What is your opinion on that? Also I just heard on sport center that the Dolphins also released Joey Porter, What is your gut feeling on possibly bringing him in as well? Do you think they both have alot left in the tank? I was thinking maybe a new start with a familiar system would be good. Now I know they are aging veterans, but I think their leadership would also be excellent in the development of the younger players that we have up and coming. Also, is Clark Haggans returning next year? I am just curious. I know we have lost alot of talent, in one fell swoop, but we still have alot of talent remaining, and we can’t discount that. As well as I am confident that Coach Whiz will make excellent coaching decisions, as well as put the right players in the right places. Once again, I just want to wish Anquan Boldin the best of luck!! ( i really wanted his autograph) oh well another time. Hey Q, besides Warner, you were my favorite player. Looks like I am going to get Ravens Boldin jersey to add to my collection. I am still a Cardinals fan, but iam also a Q fan. Good luck and best wishes!!!!

85. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Potter –

I don’t see Pierce. He’s been injured a lot. I see them chasing Clark more than Sharper.

86. By darrenurban on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Lone –

It’s been a long day and I don’t have it in me to get to everything in detail. Haggans is back, Foote is coming in. Porter is possible. Again, I want to see things shake out before making full jumps. No one is stupidly going to say the Cards weren’t hurt by today’s moves. But the franchise isn’t reverting back to 2003 and they won’t fall apart.

87. By John Rennecamp on Mar 5, 2010 | Reply

Honestly, I like to think all 3 were good moves. Look at it like this : we’ve still got Fitz, Breaston and Doucet — Dansby was good but not worth what he got . Perhaps Cody Brown can emerge . Rolle was a decent safety but his coverage was spotty. Why pay good players like they are hall of famers? Getting a 3 & 4 for Q was a good deal for us, after all , Dockett and Wilson were 3rd round picks.

If we can get Joey Porter and find a safety through the draft or a FA, we will be fine and losing Q won’t matter if Beanie progresses and we become more of a running threat.

Now we go after some FA’s and PAY DARNELL!

88. By AL on Mar 6, 2010 | Reply

Q wanted to leave and we played good when he was injured this last season. We should have traded for Brandon Marshall but I guess not. 3rd and 4th round picks? Sounds like Cardinals are getting cheap. I think Q is worth 1st and 2nd round picks. We lost Warner, Berry, Dansby, Rolle, and Q so far. We got some hunting to do or we’ll be losing fans as well. Looks like Cardinals maybe going downhill this season.