• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.

Porter visit encouraging

Posted by Darren Urban on March 7, 2010 – 9:01 pm

At least, it’s encouraging for defensive tackle Darnell Dockett, who continues to wear his emotions on his sleeve and in Twitter. On the news linebacker Joey Porter is visiting the Cardinals this week, Dockett tweeted “I NOW HAVE A KOOL AID SMILE JOEY PORTER IS VISITING AZ THURSDAY, BIRD GANG WILL BE BACK IN THE MIX. ..FTW… We’re going to get stronger. LOL!”

Now, just because Porter is visiting doesn’t mean it’s a lock he comes to Arizona. But ESPN reported coach Ken Whisenhunt and linebacker Clark Haggans — who not only played with Porter in Pittsburgh but went to college with Porter at Colorado State — were having dinner with Porter in Pittsburgh this weekend, and I’d guess they weren’t just talking about old times. I’d guess they’re talking about what could be in the desert.

Porter isn’t young anymore and he can be a loose cannon. But Whisenhunt knows what he is about and I am guessing there will be an understanding before Porter ever would sign. But having Porter and Haggans as the starters while Cody Brown and Will Davis grow into those roles I think would be a positive move. I also think Porter’s landing spots are limited; the Cards are probably his best place for familiarity and playing time.

Tags: , , , , ,

107 Responses to “Porter visit encouraging”

1. By Chuck Anderson on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

SIGN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. By Josh on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

Just when it looked terrible this weekend things are starting to look up again. Hopefully this happens and can be good for both parties.

3. By alex u on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

we can potentially sign Porter and Foote this week WOAHHH!!! then we wont need many needs for the draft, it would be great

4. By Andre on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

How much would Porter ask for Darren and what is the probability the Cards grab him?

5. By Bunka on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

I would love to get Porter. However, this being a deep draft in the 3-4 OLB/pass rusher area, do you this (along with Brown and Davis) means the Cards don’t draft one in the first 2 rounds?

6. By Steve on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

Any word on QBs since Carr and Pennington have signed?

I’m getting a little nervous that a solid back-up is going to be hard to find.

7. By gordo on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

all we need now is to cut mcmuffin and get lito

8. By vivek on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

It doesn’t hurt to have veterans ! Assuming he signs up, will he slide into B-trains position ?

9. By nor cal cards fan on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

I’ve had a couple days to allow the wounds from the Q trade to heal, and i’m thinking a lot more rationally now, and not with my emotions. In Whiz we trust, and if you really bleed Cardinal Red, you’re gonna ride or die with Coach. Rhodes was an excellent pickup, and could quite possibly be an upgrade over Antrel “toasted” Rolle. We’re also going to sign either Foote or Porter, or maybe even both. Along with Clark that would be an all former Steeler linebacking corps that helped lead Pittsburgh to the Super Bowl title over Seattle. Of course Coach Whiz and Russ were a huge part of that title as well…Karlos who?

10. By Fabian on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

Bring on the Kitchen Sink!!!!

11. By Andrew on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

What an addition this would be… A very good player with a nasty attitude that I think would be great for our team on defense.

Maybe people will step away from the ledge (although as I have been arguing the whole time now, they really shouldn’t be freakin out)…

In Graves and Whiz I trust… hopefully they will keep up the good work and make this happen!

Any word on if or when foote might come for a visit? And any updates on the veteran backup search?

btw Darren… Thanks a lot for the constant updates and all the time on here! It is much appreciated! Makes the offseason so much better!

12. By NJbird on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

Is Kirk Morrison in town for a visit with the birds?

13. By Kent on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

A guy who can still get to the QB 8-10 times a season. A huge upgrade at the OLB spot for us while Cody and Will develop.

I would love to see him in Cardinal Red in 2010.

14. By Ruben R on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

I HOPE JOEY WANTS TO COME HERE HE WOULD BE A GOOD REPLACEMENT FOR BERRY OR CHIKE HOPEFULLY THEY CAN COME TO SOME KIND OF AGREEMENT BEFORE HE LEAVES TOWN IF NOT CARDINAL NEED TO ADDRESS POSITION ON THAT DRAFT AGAIN BECAUSE CODY BROWN IS STILL A ?

15. By pacardfan on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

This is good. Give the Cards. an experienced vet. who, yes,has somewhat of a bad rep., but still is fairly good and can help the younger players dev. Hopefully they can work something out with him and not cost a lot. I still think Witherspoon is one, if not the best FA LB out there. I saw Carr signed with the 49ers. Darren, any word or update on the QB sitution for AR.? Del. still would be the best fit I feel, even if Anderson come avb. Delhome knows his chances of getting a big contract and/or starting job, has declined, but I haven’t heard much interest from any team for any QB, with the exp. of Carr and Feeley whom are both off the market.

16. By pjdylan on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

CARDS are winning the big one very soon. Don’t you agree Darren?

17. By CARDSFAN1178124 on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

I LIKE PORTER. HE’LL LOVE THE CHALLENGE OF STOPPING FRANK GORE AND STEVEN JACKSON!

18. By Eazy E on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

Yes Yes Yes!!! I like the new aggressive cardinals. Joey coming in on my birthday. Foote and Porter so far this week coming in, nice. Fills our ILB need with foote if we get him and porter strengthens our OLBs significantly if we get him. Now, schedule visits with Bodden and one of those NTs(Jamal Williams or Ma’ake Kemoeatu), hopefully we get one or the other.

19. By CARDSFAN1178124 on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

ANOTHER THING DARREN, DO YOU KNOW WHEN THE SCHEDULES WILL BE RELEASED? I DON’T WANT TO OPEN UP WITH SAN FRANCISCO AGAIN

20. By DRC#1FAN on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

I would have to agree with Dockett. We are becoming a stronger team. A deeper team. In order to gain a new team, a better team, a stronger team, you must lose, and sometimes sacrifice what you love for something that can be better. Risk for rewad. I can’t wait to see who we draft. Any ideas who we will draft in the first 3 rounds, or at least positions or players we are looking at?

21. By Logan Cooper on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

I have a feeling we are going to be a much better team by the time the start of the season comes around.
    This news is going to make me sleep much better tonight and have a great time at school this week.

In whiz i trust.
    Goodnight.

22. By Tyman on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

we could have porter, foote, and haggans. Thats cool the old steelers LB crew. that would be a great upgrade to the pressure d that we need. Porter can pressure the QB and would make the DB’s lifes a lot easyer. Frig I think the only thing better would be if we could get Mcnabb. Hopefully Whisenhunt can get these guys to come be cards, its not like the team dosnt have money now with all our losses.

23. By Bryan on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

I think this may be a must for the sake of many Cardinals fans here in AZ who lost alot of faith in the front office by losing 3 out of the top 10 players on the team.Really hope Jory Porter doesn’t leave after his meeting with Coach Whis

24. By Kyle on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

That would be awesome if we got porter the guy is a beast! 26.5 sacks in the last two years alone!!

25. By CalifCard on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Darren

Do you think the Cards brain trust will now adjust their defensive schemes to take advantage of Rhodes and hopefully Joey Porter. I never thought Rolle was a elite safety and Rhodes can provide better coverage than Antrel could, your thoughts?

26. By Dan on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

I’d rather have Jason Taylor. Any luck in bringing Taylor in?

27. By Lone-Eagle on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Oh yea, that’s what I am talkin’ about!! Keep the good news rollin in Darren, we can use all you got! Now if we can also find a way to bring in and sign Larry Foote, we could have a devastating D-line as well as some veterans for our youngen’s that are still developing. Go Cards Go!!!

28. By Tim Pino on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Porter’s pass rushing skills would off-set the loss of B.Berry and he brings an attitude like Dockett- which is something the Cardinals defense lacks at times.

SIGN JOEY PORTER TODAY!

In Rod We Trust!
    ~Tim in NJ

29. By chocks on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Darren: what’s your percent out of 100 porter joins us next season??

30. By Mack on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Come on Coach, bring Porter to Az.

-Darren

Do you know if Foote has any meeting set with the Redskins or the Cards?

31. By K-DUB on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

That is good news he’s available.

32. By K-DUB on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Hey Darren,

Is the front office in talks with Larry Foote to come to the desert?

Also is there any kind of word speaking to Delhomme since Carr choose the 49ers

33. By nick on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

thank god. some good news out of all this. i big name player COMING to the cardinals instead of leaving.

34. By Patrick on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Cool. In Whiz…ok, I’ll stop.

35. By christian on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

lets get him darren he has to be the best linebacker in the FA. unless we gonna draft some, but i think we need one more person on the defensive line, and another corner because mcfadden aint gettin it done. either that or toler can replace him. i say we him. cards need to draft more on defense and even someone on the offensive line. what do you think?

36. By C on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Rhodes to replace Rolle and Porter to replace Dansby, the Cards are only getting better NFC West is still ours.

37. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Andre –

I can’t say I know the answer to either one of those.

38. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Bunka –

The Cards’ objective in FA is to sign the right guys so when the draft happens, they can be taking the best players at each pick and not have to reach for need.

39. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Steve –

Nothing for now.

40. By John on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

I’ve preached getting Porter for a month. Love the idea. As I said, we need a proven passrusher. I still think we need to pick up another in the second or third of the draft. Porter and his 26.5 sacks over the last two years along with a fiery attitude is a nice change in AZ. Of course Dockett is smiling.

With Foote coming in and if we get back B-Rob or Jamal Williams and land a guy like Derik Anderson, the cards can truely take best player available.

Heard Becht wanted to retire, but your saying cards want him back and a full year of Ben Patrick, Te might be solid also.

Could the Cards surprise me and go QB in the first round ? Colt McCoy has a strong arm and a great leader. OK he is short, but he is taller than Brees. He also doesnt play in a pro-style offense, but he will have time to sit. Just a thought. You know from my many post , my first round pick is Weatherspoon (LB). But would anyone be upset if they go McCoy.

41. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Vivek –

That’s what I would assume.

42. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

NJ –

Not that I know of.

43. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

PJ –

Just like I said it’s too early to doom them to 5-11 this season, I’m not going to sit here and predict a championship either.

44. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Cards1178124 –

The schedule is released in early April.

45. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

DRC#1 –

Too early for that.

46. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Calif –

I think the Cards will make sure to try and maximize the abilities of whomever is on the roster.

47. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Dan –

I don’t see Taylor as a probable option.

48. By DON IN MESA on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING FIRED UP ABOUT COLLECTING SOME MORE STEELER REJECTS, ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH BAD ACTOR REPUTATIONS

49. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

John –

I guarantee the Cards do not take McCoy in the first round.

50. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Christian –

I think defense will be the majority of the draft picks.

51. By DON IN MESA on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

SN’T DAVID CARR SIGNED WITH 49ERS?

52. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Chocks –

Since I have zero idea of what kind of contract Porter seeks, I can’t say. I am sure he’d like to come and that the Cards can use him, but as always, money talks, especially for a guy who may be down to his last decent FA deal.

53. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Mack –

Foote is supposed to visit the Cards this week.

54. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Don –

55. By christian on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

also darren who do you think cards will get in 1st round? anyone ur intrested in you think?

56. By John on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Darren, why so sure about McCoy ? Yes , he has a second round grade, but I dont think he makes it through the Rams and Browns, ect to drop to us in the second. Is it because of something on film, his height, or Whiz not going QB that early that makes you that sure?

Again, Weatherspoon is my guy and I love Zac Robinson at QB later in the draft.(4th) But just curious why your so sure the Cards dont look QB early.

57. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

Dang! I wanted to be the 100th person to ask you if the Cards had an interest in Joey Porter, but your blog posting above just put that to rest. THANKS A LOT!
    ;)

Hey Darren – Do the Card’s have any interest in Chad Pennington
    :lol:

58. By John on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

With The addition of Foote and Porter to go with Haggins, we just need one more Pitt guy to give us all 4 LBs from pitt.

OH yes, Gerald Hayes is a Pitt Panther. Does that count?

59. By gordo on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

darren
    since the seahawks might be getting marshall.u think we need a better corner than mcmuffin

60. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Christian –

Still early. I am guessing defense, maybe DT or LB.

61. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

John –

I don’t think, aside from Bradford, they believe in any of the other quarterbacks that high in the draft. It’s considered by most a weak QB class.

62. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Ottis –

At least I know you’re reading. I wish everyone would.

63. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Gordo –

I’m not sure what will happen with McFadden. But right now, I don’t see him going anywhere.

64. By gordo on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

good thing if porter becomes a cardinal. it would be easy to get his autograph since only live about a half mile away from me here in bakersfield.. too bad carr didnt sign with the cards..

65. By frankie on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

I know defense is our main priority but since this years tight end group in the draft is so good you think they’ll try and pick one up.

they compare jermain gersham to Tony gonzales
    and Dickerson to Keller and they both do great things for there teams.

66. By gordo on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

i bet coach whiz is on the edge of his seat hoping the steelers try to do something with big ben! it would be coach whiz dream to have big ben quarterback for the cardinals.. i wouldnt mind.. those girls were cleats chasers anyways..

67. By 949cardsfan on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

As upset as I was last week, I would be equally as happy if we land Foote and Porter. Those two to go along with rhodes, Theres no drop off, we r better than last year. Heck who were those two players we lost in free agency? HaHa!The Rolle and Dansby signings could go down as the highest paid FA busts in NFL history. Darren, whats the CB depth look like in the draft, is there anyone worth taking with our first pick? Keep up the good work Darren, you do a great job!

68. By cheeze on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Darren….what are the possibilities of porter actually signing with us considering the fact that we have a famaliar staff and players he is used to such as mcfadden, haggans, whiz and grimm…I think there’s a chance that we can rebuild our defense faster then we thnk especially with rhodes on lock..what do you thnk

69. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

949 –

I think generally there are some CBs to be found. Not sure that’s the direction the Cards head in the first round, but at No. 26, I think it is wide open.

70. By cheeze on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Oh and didn’t larry foote play for pitts. Also…?

71. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Cheeze –

I’m guessing it will come down to — surprise! — money.

And yes, Foote was a Steeler as well.

72. By cards fan on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

I’m guessing money was the reason the Cards didn’t go after Porter when he got released by the Steelers. Two veterans who have some left in the tank would be a great way to bring those two along.

73. By Tyler Comella on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

how great would it be to reniute foote, poter, and haggens back together. How is everything looking with larry foote.

74. By vsancards on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Seems to be a lot of McFadden bashers out there. I think he played solid, but would like to see him play with his head towards the QB more.

I do recall McFadden sitting out alot of practice time this year fighting through an ankle injury all year. Can you confirm that for the fans on this blog?

Hopefully he gets healthy this year and plays better it is a contract year after all.

btw – I am excitied about the prospect of Foote and Porter joining.

Thanks!

75. By nor cal cards fan on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Gordo – Coach Whiz and Big Ben don’t like each other.

76. By cardinalconvert on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Lot of speculation about Delhomme backing up Leinart. is that true, darren. I am not sure about Porter and his bad mouth. Do we really need him here. As far as Rolle and dansby leaving, do I need to remind everyone again. They were good team members but Cardinals defense stunk, to put it mildly. Cards have to make a move on defense. They might be doing just that.

77. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

vsan –

McFadden did miss some practice time, but not enough that I would have thought it would have made a big difference.

78. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Cardinalconvert –

Delhomme is an option. As for Porter, Whisenhunt knows him from Pittsburgh. I assume if Whiz thought he was out of control, the Cards wouldn’t consider him.

79. By dylan on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

Do you think Rolle is better then Rhodes? i wanna know your opinion

80. By cards fan on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

I’m really interested to see how McFadden and R. Johnson respond after their seasons this year. Sometimes, a bad season can make a player better or make them a lot worse. It will be interesting.

Darren-
    I’m trying to think of another player who had a bad year, who is supposed to be back?

81. By cards fan on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

If the whole Travis LaBoy situation would have worked out as planned, I don’t think the team would be in such a bad situation.

What happened to him? Did he retire?

82. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

With the 49ers signing David Carr, wouldn’t it be interesting if the Cards look into signing Shaun Hill to backup Matt Leinart if Hill is released? I say this partly because of the 49er’s recent history of signing former Cardinals players.

And I’m sure part of the lure for the 49ers to sign those former Cards was to get an insight into the Card’s playbook. The Cards D has dealt with the 49ers offense pretty effectively though. Cracking the 49ers D has been much harder for the Cardinals.

Not all that likely to happen with Hill, but I’m sure more bizarre things have happened.

83. By CardsRep928 on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Porter would be great for nothing but his swagger…Like I have been saying people the rooneys have to be kicking themselves in the a$$ for not promoting Whiz to head coach and bringing in Mike Tomlin…IN WHIZ WE TRUST…2010 Enter the era of Cardinals Smashmouth…Enough with QB talk leinart and fitz are going to lead the league off the playaction this year.

84. By carlo7000 on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

darren,
    i heard rhodes is just landed in arizona probably meeting with coaches and manager.do you know if there will be a press conference today?

85. By Derrick Fisher on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Haggans, Foote, Porter would be great if the cards can pull it off. Our defense is starting to look better then last year.

86. By chem dawg on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

YOU KNOW I AINT EVEN GONNA TRIP , ARIZONA CARDINALS WILL BE BACK RUNNING THE WEST IN 2010. OUR DEFENSE WILL BE SOLID AND WE WILL HAVE ALL THE MOTIVATION WE NEED WHEN THEY ALL TELL US WE CANT WIN WITHOUT DANSBY, ROLLE, WARNER, BERRY AND BOLDIN !!!
    GO CARDINALS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

87. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Dylan –

I don’t know enough about Rhodes. But I don’t think Rolle was so good he can’t be replaced by Rhodes.

88. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Cards fan –

Travis missed the whole season with his bad ankle, I believe it was. He’s trying to get back into the league.

89. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Carlo –

There is one at 2:30 streaming live at azcardinals.com.

90. By Tbru on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Dockett is excited about Porter to me that is a good reason to persue hime

I think Delhomme or Derek Anderson will be the backup. We need a vet backup than can start in case of injury.

Foote & Porter should pretty much set the needs and then draft for depth.

91. By Dan on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

How about Will Witherspoon?

92. By 1st Time Cards' Fan on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

I am a season ticket holder for both the Texans & the Cards, I must commend the Cards for keeping prices so low.

My question is this-

How do the Cards remain so competitive in free agency & paying players when they season tickets are 1/3 of other teams ? The main difference seems to be PSL charge.

93. By Dre on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Darren -

Do you think it is beneficial to have a second pick out for the since pre-season going into this year draft. Does this give us room to go after tendered FAs such as Raven’s OT and give up our #1 pick for him.

I believe we will get Loote or Porter if not both leaving o-line issues to relieve Matt Lienart’s pressure and Cardinal Fan worries.

94. By Dan on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Buy low and bring in Odell Thurman at LB, give him a shot.

95. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

1st Time –

Careful. Everyone is going to think you are a plant for management suggesting such things.

I guess all I can say it, teams charge what the market will bear.

96. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Dre –

To be honest, I’m not sure exactly what you are asking.

97. By Fro on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Joey will also be happy to know that Coach Grimm’s post-game meals are much improved since the Pittsbuegh days. They have come quite a ways from kielbasa and sour kraut!

98. By ryan on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Ya Dre, what the heck are you talking about, reading that made me laugh out loud!

99. By cards62 on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Sign Porter !!!!
    He will give us attitude and at least 10 QB sacks next year. Mark it down at least 10 sacks, and will fire up our young pups at LB.
    Rhodes was a big pick up and Porter will be too.
    Now we just need a backup QB, CB, DT and another LB.
    I do not know much about Foote why do you fans like Foote?
    Go Cards!!!

100. By Dre on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Darren / Ryan -

My bad…was it that bad.

How I see it is, our 2nd rd. pick last year (Cody) was placed on IR after a few pre-season games. We have another 2nd rd. pick this year meaning we will have (2) 2nd rd. picks on the team this year. And with (1) 1st. rd, (2) 3rd. rd, (1) more 4th rd, (1) 6th rd, (1) 7th rd. Can we afford to go after a OT like a J. Gaither from the Ravens, who is tendered for a 1st rd pick.

And I was asking could that be beneficial going into this years draft to have had Cody on IR all year. Kinda like a redshirt freshman.

101. By Scott H on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

If we get either of them, I sure hope they turn out to better for the Cardinals than the last ex-Steeler we signed. That would be McFadden…anyone else worried? Yes, I put my trust in Whiz, too, but bringing in too many veteran players from where you were before doesn’t always work out. Remember Buddy Ryan and all of those ex-Eagles he brought with him? No, I’m not comparing Whiz to Ryan. Whisenhunt is a bona fide first-rate head coach. Ryan was a bona fide idiot. But too many older ex-Steelers isn’t necessarily guaranteed to get us anywhere.

102. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Dre –

I see what you are saying. I doubt the Cards look at it that way, especially after the losses. I don’t even know if the Cards like Gaither, much less surrender a first-round pick for him.

103. By James on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

Any chance of the cards possibly pursuing bodden?

104. By darrenurban on Mar 8, 2010 | Reply

James –

Bodden is re-signing with the Patriots.

105. By lietimecardinalfanfromkansas on Mar 9, 2010 | Reply

I HOPE THE CARDINALS KEEP BREASTON

106. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Mar 13, 2010 | Reply

Darren –

Is it just me, or does it seem like your offseason blogs get a lot more comments than the regular season blogs?

This Joey Porter Blog: 105 comments

Vikings Aftermath Blog: 34 comments

Packers Wild Card Aftermath Blog: 68 comments

Saints Aftermath Blog: 78 comments

All Joey Porter-related blogs combined: 10,000 comments and counting…
    :lol:

I guess it goes to show that when people are content, they don’t say much, but when they are upset or worried, then they won’t clam up until they get their way. Fortunately, Graves or Whiz aren’t guys who feel they need to grease any squeaky wheels within the fanbase. After all, it’s not the fans who have to put their jobs at stake when acquiring new personnel.

107. By darrenurban on Mar 13, 2010 | Reply

Ottis –

Doesn’t surprise me. Everybody is a GM ….