The mirror of Feely/Rackers

Posted by Darren Urban on April 2, 2010 – 12:41 pm

Ultimately, free agency oftentimes is a game of chicken. Which side blinks first? Does the team pay a little more to make sure the guy doesn’t walk away? Does the player accept a little less to make sure he ends up where he wants to be?

There is irony in the fact the two kickers involved in the Cards’ switch both wanted to stay in the places they already played. Jay Feely made it clear he would have preferred to remain a Jet, and I know Neil Rackers — at least as the season was winding down — wanted to remain a Cardinal. But Rackers played that game of free-agent chicken with the Cards, which I had heard about and was broken down in detail by Kent Somers. Feely, meanwhile, felt the Jets had given him a bad contract offer himself (Feely made $1.4 million last season and claimed the Jets offered $300,000 less for a new deal). So Feely was ready to leave. Rackers, I would guess, probably wasn’t yet, but now there isn’t a choice.

I think coach Ken Whisenhunt’s point about the 2010 offense — “We felt like where we were going offensively this year because of Kurt (Warner) and losing some players, there might be more of an emphasis on the kicker in certain games this year,” he said — is important to note. Again, it’s not that Rackers couldn’t kick more field goals if the Matt Leinart offense isn’t as touchdown-friendly (and comparing it to the high-flying Warner offense probably won’t be fair), but the Cards needed to make sure a quality kicker was in place. I’m not sure how effective consistently Feely can be from long-range, but Rackers had enough trouble from 50 yards and beyond (5-of-18 in the regular season since 2006) that the Cards didn’t even bother with them anymore. Rackers tried just two in 2008 and none last year as the Cards stuck to Ben Graham’s deadly punting-inside-the-20 if they ended up in a field position of vague.

One final interesting side note: Rackers has certainly earned his reputation as a guy who will mix it up on special teams, and it was one of the reasons fans loved him. Well, Feely had six special-teams tackles last season — the same number as Rackers. For his career, Feely has 39 tackles, so he’ll mix it up himself. Feely was also briefly a teammate of punter/holder Graham’s for the first few games in 2008, so there should be a little familiarity there.

Tags: , , ,

80 Responses to “The mirror of Feely/Rackers”

1. By fighting bird on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

In my opinion a kicker shouldnt try to make a tackle unless he had no choice .When you pay that much to a kicker you cant afford to get him hurt and possibly lose a game or two because he cant kick because of injury.

2. By Skiptim on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

This might make me feel worse than when Boldin left. How bad is that? Possibly because the Boldin move was expected though. I really don’t feel good about this, Rackers is like a God in my house (when I say I don’t feel good, I mean I feel bad that we lost him, not that Feely won’t get the job done).

3. By Javier Montoya on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

Wow this team is gonna just look SO different. After this I finally just had to say it. So many personalities will be gone we’ll have to learn a lot of new personalities. We’ll bring in the new era. As long as we win. Something we’ve had a long past of not doing. Go New Cards!!

4. By John on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

Very good insight. I liked that 3rd paragraph.

We could settle for more FG’s and need a guy you can count on. I’ve always liked Rackers pooch kicks and strong kickoffs. But I never thought he was that bad from long distance. and as many fans have said, he wasnt good in the clutch.

Although, those kicks outside 50 yards, I still might use Graham. What a weapon he is.

5. By Pay9-0.com on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

Rackers wad not clutch when it came to making FGs late in the 4th…and how many times did we see Rackers knock a ball out of bounds on kickoffs…especially in key points in the game.Everyone likes his hussle and onside kicks…but Feeley is a good kicker and played in a wind tunnel at new York.He should be a great add to special teams.Good luck Rackers!

ps:…Pay Dockett:)

6. By Barry on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

I appreciate what he’s done for the team but I think it’s a good move, Rackers was good, but over the years he began to crack in pressure situations.(The Packer game being one) .

7. By Florio on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

My stomach hurts!!!! The organization is overhauling and the fans are getting the grunt of it. Boldin was a favorite, rolle, rackers, dansby, the core of our team is gone. All we have left is an overrated reciever in Fitz, as our offense. Two runningbacks that neither has seen 1,000 yards. And a QB that is relatively untested. YEAH IM SO STOKED THAT EVERYONE SHOWED UP TO WORKOUT. DONT FORGET TO MENTION THAT THEY RECIEVE BONUS THAT ARE STIPILATED WHEN THEY WORKOUT. The mentality was changed and the core of players that changed it left.

8. By Jcaswellsr on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

Finally gone. I wanted him out two years ago. Cards had plenty of time to draft or sign a rookie free agent the past two years. Glad to see him gone. Very glad!

9. By King Diamond on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

The fact that Grahm has held the ball for Feely before makes me feel better. There is something to say about familarity.

10. By Pay9-0.com on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

bahahaahah…sorry but thank you,your comment made me laugh alot..need that….you are the only one in the world that thinks Fitz is over rated..

11. By alex u on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

Darren do you think we’ll sign Kreider/Robinson before the draft, or are we going to wait and see if we still need them after the draft? Like i can see why we’re waiting to sign Robinson until after the draft but, i don’t see why Kreider hasn’t re-signed yet.

12. By Brandon on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

OFf topic, but do the cards have interest in Flozell Adams?? Ex probowler who could beef up the line if he is still decent..

13. By darrenurban on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

Brandon –

If he was still decent, why would the Cowboys cut him?

14. By darrenurban on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

Alex U –

I agree on Robinson. Not sure on Kreider.

15. By Nick on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

Some interesting comments today. I like the signing, the thing about Rackers I’d miss the most is his toughness, which Feely has. Rackers wasn’t clutch. He missed some big kicks. Hopefully Feely is better in pressure situations and more consistent from long range.

16. By MikeFlorio on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

FITZ OVERRATED!!!!!!!! FITZ OVERRATED!!!!!!!! HAHAHA OBVIOUSLY YOU DONT PAY MUCH ATTENTION TO NFL NETWORK!!!! FITZ IS OVERRATED!!!!! HAD A GOOD RUN IN THE POST SEASON OH WHAT 2 YRS AGO!!!! WHAT DID HE DO LAST YEAR OVERRATED!!! MAY BE IF HE HELD ON TO THE BALL AND GOT MORE YACS!!!!!! BUT HE DIDNT OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!

17. By chad d. on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

Florio- he was a kicker, man. he was no “core” player.

18. By Tyman on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

I hope feely can make the clutch kicks. I have watched many gomes where he has missed a field goal to win a game. Anyways we will miss rackers for sure but we have a guy here that not that bad so no big deal. And he will get his chance to kick many field goals this year, Might even break a record.

19. By LH on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

No on Kreider! He was absolutely useless. If we are down at the 2, Dockett can come in as the FB.

20. By Justin on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

I’m not sure about Feely’s reputation as a clutch kicker but I need both my hands to count the number of times Rackers has missed a crucial kick since his record breaking season and resulting contract. I wish Rackers well but he wasn’t the freindliest guy at training camp nor have I enjoyed the many moments where a game was lost instead of won with his missed kick being a huge factor. I look forward to the “Feely era”.

21. By alex u on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

Anyone who wants Flozell, watch the playoff game vs. Minnisota, Flozell got OWNED like every other play, it was terrible, but i loved it.

22. By AndyStandsUp on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

Kinda ambivalent on this move. Basically same age, same accuracy, same kickoff length, same trickeration(Feely has caught 2 passes).
    Only discernable differences to me is Jay’s career FG% is actually better when the team is tied or behind and evidently Rackers (agent) priced himself outta Arizona.

23. By CardsRep928 on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

Florio-

Thanks for letting us know how little you know about the organization….hahahahhahahahha….rolle and dansby (overrated), rackers (skills wont be helpful in the clutch), and boldin still stings. If you think fitz is overrated go get your head checked

24. By Pay9-0.com on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

haha floria is a closet 9er fan….pretty sad attempt to act like he knew about football!bahahah

25. By DRC#1FAN on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

at first I saw rackers percentage of 92 or whatever. and I was like,,, what the fn hell? resign the guy. then I saw he didnt even attempt a 50+ cause we know he would miss it and I was like,,,, sha na na na, na na na na, ohh helll yeeee,,, goodbye!!!

26. By Brian R. on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

The Cardinals have the best special team-ists in the NFL. Ben (The Beast) Graham and now Feely? Nice…

27. By Brian R. on Apr 2, 2010 | Reply

-MikeFlorio

Dear Mikeflorio, your are a complete moron. Larry Fitzgerald is underrated. And I would probably slap you just for saying that in person.

28. By DRC#1FAN on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

I’m most excited about the improvements and familiarity of our line. We only lost Gandy, but gained depth with faster running type linemen. I cant wait to see these guys man handle the 49ers weak arse front 5.

29. By DRC#1FAN on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

hell, make that front SEVEN.!!!! all except Will Davis, he is admittedly good.

30. By DRC#1FAN on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

actually, they could stack 8 and we would still knock um back =) im done now.

31. By gordo on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

florio needs to get off this page with those comments! HE WILL BE EATING HIS WORDS NEXT SEASON! he’s def not a cards fan!

32. By fitzis11red on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

Florio-

With comments like what you just posted, I am surprised you are even a Cardinal fan. How can you say such blasphemous things? lol. All Fitz did last years was tie for the league lead in TD catches last year. This with defenses knowing what he IS capable of. Wow! I am shocked at the audacity. As far as Dansby and Rolle are concerned, My guess is that they will not be special for the Dolphins and Giants respectively. Boldin could help get the Ravens in the Super Bowl and Rackers, well he’ll do well wherever he ends up. As long as he doesn’t need to kick a game winner. I will miss Rackers and the others as well but…C’mon….Fitz overrated? Wow!!!!!

33. By William on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

Thank you, CardsRep.

34. By jetsreamgreen81 on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

Another step in the rebuilding experience that is going great in my opinion. Rolle,Dansby,Rackers the core of the team? PUUUUUUleeeeasaaassseee!
    Do you recall the heart and sould of the D ADUBB. He is the ultimate Cardinal and showed how a true professional should handle a contract situation. He has given his all the the team and has been rewarded for it. Q was my favorite Cardinal and it hurts to lose him, but he was about Q towards the end of his era here. Complaining on the sideline when we were trying to get to the superbowl, come on man! Feely looks to have the same #’s as Rackers and looks to be better in the clutch. I liked Rackers but he choked too many times the last few years in the clutch. He is who we though he was!!!!!!!!!!!!! We let him off the hook and didn’t hold him responsible. I wish him well but it was time for a change. Rhoades,Porter and Feely will be adequate if not better replacements for Rolle(couldn’t cover,tackle and definately not the best safety in the NFL as his pay shows him to be),Dansby(I play when i want to and you never knew if he was going to go all out or mail it in, so much untouched potential in my opinion for what he could have been. Not sure if we used him right or not),and Rackers(you want me to win the game, oh crap, I shanked it) Ready for the draft to address NT,ILB,OT,DE(pash rusher),CB depth and a developmental QB in the later rounds. Go Cards and in Whis we trust. So far so good

35. By its me again on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

Hey Florio, FYI beanie had over 700 yrds, with little over half season. also was hurt his senoir yr at ohio,
    almost a yr. off the field, that said by the time season ended he was just getting into his groove.
    can’t wait to see what both he and hightower are going to do this comming season.

I AGREE, PAY DOCKETT!!!!!!!!!

36. By John on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

Alex,
    If I’m not mistaken. Doug Free was the one who was beaten badly in the Vikes game. Adams was out and Free replaced him.

Adams might be like Pace was last year. The cowboys wouldnt release him if he could still play.

With that being said, I still would do my homework and look into his play if I’m the cards. You would only need him for a year. I’m not saying pick him up, but at least look at film and make a call to his agent.

37. By its me again on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

Mike Florio
    sporting news

3. Cardinals trade for Donovan McNabb
    The Cardinals have said they aren’t interested in Donovan McNabb, presumably because they already have signed future Hall of Famer Derek Anderson to compete with future Hall of Famer Matt Leinart.

But McNabb reportedly wants to play in Arizona, and he could help the suddenly solid Cardinals not miss a beat in the wake of Kurt Warner’s retirement.

Even if it takes the 26th pick in Round 1, it’s a no-brainer. In a quarterbacks’ league, McNabb is one of the best. Getting him at age 33, with five or more years left in his career, would keep things moving in the right direction deep into the new decade.

Whiz on Donovan

I have known Donovan from being on the field with him. He’s a good football player and a good person and hopefully things work out for him the way he wants them to.”
    Key
    AND HOPEFULLY THING WORK OUT FOR HIM THE WAY HE WANTS THEM TO.

is it a possibility?

38. By darrenurban on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

Its me –

No. Maybe McNabb has five more years. Maybe he doesn’t. What I know for a fact is he only has one year left on his contract. What’s he going to ask for? And again, I’m not trading a first-round pick for an older QB and giving him a mega-deal. It’s the same reason Boldin only got a 3 and a 4.

39. By alex u on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

No Flozell was getting owned, trust me, there back-up Doug Free came in and did a way better job, Flozell was good 2 years ago but injuries along with age got to him, and it showed in the playoffs. I would Rather have Keith/Johnson battle it out with Bridges, not Flozell. Trust me i want an OT too but, lets get one in the draft.

Another point is Whiz wants to do alot of PA fakes and roll outs with Leinart, we need a very good OT along with good lateral movement to play LT, and i am 100% in favor of moving Levi Brown to LT. But of course Levi Brown protecting Leinart’s blindside at RT would be nice too.

and one more point, I think all we need to do is re-sign Kreider, and Lutui needs to sign, and then we can go into the draft. Are only major needs are WILB, and NT but, Robinson is there for us if we don’t get one, and then other “needs” would be WR, LT, and a CB. And we have 5 picks within the first 4 rounds so were sitting fine at the moment BUT, if we don’t get an OT in the draft im sure Flozell will still be there, so, MAYBE then we can talk Flozell.

40. By CtownBeatDown on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

The more comments i read, the more i think it is a joke. Darren can you just disable it.

41. By darrenurban on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

Ctown –

Then what would I do all day?

42. By MikeFlorio on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

HAHAHAHA All your lack of the organizational knowledge is funny. Lets put it this way I have been a season ticket holder since 98′. I have been through the 4-12 and 5-11 seasons. This is my newest favorite team like a majority of all of you. Say what you may but, FITZ is overrated!!!!!!! He was good only because he had another great more established reciever in “Q” Then he emerged as a weapon. Both recievers complemented one another. I think Fitz Got more complemented with “Q” Around. Now he is going to get another dismal season!!! Lets just put it this way ANDRE JOHNSON IS THE BEST WIDEOUT IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FITZ IS JUST AN OVERRATED PLAyeR HE CANT CARRY THIS TEAM THE WAY JOHNSON HAS WITH THE TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO 928 which happens to be where i live you are the most bandwagon fans out there dont u like DALLAS?????? BRYAN R REALLY??? ITS A BLOG BOARD THIS ISNT THE XBOX LIVE CHATS AND FORUMS UR USED TO!! GROW UP

43. By MikeFlorio on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

correction is not my newest favorite team

44. By Rugbymuffin on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

Sometimes change is a good thing. I wish Rackers well.

I am very confident in Jay Feely. \I think he is a good free agent signing.

45. By DRC#1FAN on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

MikeFlorio, the more you say the dumber you sound yo. help urself out and shut up. hahaha. seriously man. Fitz does get a lot of media hype, so what, so did Randy Moss and then he broke Jerry Rice’s record for TD’s ina season. Every year is new and every year is different. If you watched film you would see Fitz being covered bya corner a linebacker and a saety, if he sucked, why would every NFL team play us that way all season and into the playoffs. ask the NFL coaches who they prepare for when they play teh cards you dumb arse

46. By Shannon Robinson on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

Last year the Cards kept 8 offensive linemen. Centers are Sendlein and Claxton; Guards are Planet Johnson, Lutui, Wells, and Hadnot; Tackles are Brown, Keith, and Bridges. That’s nine offensive linemen on the roster now. Most everybody on this blog and in the general media says the Cards need to draft an OT so OK then you’ll have ten offensive linemen. It will be a real stretch to keep even nine offensive linemen on this roster assuming we’re going to play Beannie Ball.
    So who are you going to cut? The coach always notes that Hadnot plays center also so maybe it’s Claxton who you cut since he was inactive every game last year. But if you do draft an OT then that’s a sign that you’re going to keep nine offensive linemen – great – but wait somebody just has to import Flozell and all his deficiencies? I’d rather keep guys who’ve had a couple years with Coach Grimm.

47. By alex u on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

cut bridges? not that hard of a question.

48. By dylan on Apr 3, 2010 | Reply

mike-

if fitz sucks and he only does good when Q was playing us then why the hell are the cards like 8-2 with out Q tell me that. and why did Fitz put up huge numbers against the best defense in the nfl last year?

49. By AndyStandsUp on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

Instead of carrying 5 wr(including ST Morey) the Cards would probably keep 4 (Fitz, Breaston, Doucet and right now, Gant.(Like the kid outta Cinncinatti, though)
    And the Cards shouldn’t cut Jeremy. Better to light a fire under him, although you don’t want to burn your Bridges.

50. By ALarson on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

i do agree all the Fitz hype can be a lil much, but when u have the playoff numbers he had in 08, which Q was basically out for 6 quarters of that, then the hype will naturally come ur way!
    I do believe Andre Johnson is also a TOP 5 WR. I also believe Johnson’s gonna be A FA the yr after Fitz’s contract is up!!!

51. By fitzis11red on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

Florio-

You are unbelievable. I think you are just trying to stir people up. You can’t really be serious? As great as Andre Johnson is he carried the Texans all the way to the regular season and NO playoffs. Dylan is spot on, the Cards can and will win without Q. Master Whiz will game plan around the weapons he has just like he’s always done. There are alot of weapons including FITZGERALD!!!!! If you live in Houston and like Johnson so much and say the things you do about Fitz…then go be a Texan fan. WE DO THIS TOGETHER!! If your not on board?…SEE YA!!!!!

52. By fitzis11red on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

Dylan-

Darren corrected me a while back and said the Cards are 6-2 without Q. Not that it really matters when dealing with Florio. lol. Just sayin’. Your point is still valid. Have a good one.

53. By cards62 on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

Feely welcome to the Cardinals. I think overall this will be an upgrade to Rackers. I would have been happy with Rackers coming back for the 2010 season, but I think Feely will be better for us.

Fitz overrated??? Who could say this without it being an April Fool !!! or April Fool joke? Fitz, A, Johnson, and B. Marshall are the best receivers in football right now and Marshall could be a me first player. Every NFL team would trade their # 1 receiver for Fitz except for Houston so how in the world is that overrated?

Go Cards

54. By Tbru on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

thinking outside the box. After signing Feely, the Cards should resign Rackers, to replace Morey.

55. By Tbru on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

I think Flozell is over the hill
    As long as Fitz, Breaston, Wells and Hightower are on this team I can’t see how anyone can say they are not a touchdown friendly team

56. By dylan on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

ftzis-

my bad i knew it was something like 6-2 or idk but still thats pretty good with out him so i like it

57. By Pay Dockett! on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

hey darren, are preseason tickets on sale now?

58. By Tbru on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

Happy Easter , everyone

dinner is ready, nothing like sinking your teeth into a nice fattened Seahawk

ummmm succulent

59. By MikeFlorio on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

JEEZ EVeryone needs to get there figures straight!!!!!!!!!!FITZ IS OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!! THE HYPE HAHAHAHA HYPE IS RIGHT!!!!!!!! HYPE IS USUALLY TALK THAT NEVER GETS ANSWERED!!!!!!!!!!!! TO ALL U SO CALLED FITZ FANS AT LEAST U COULD KNOW WHaT ur TALKin ABOUT!!!!!!!!!! ASIDE FROM THE RECORD WITH OUT BOLDIN DID ANy ONE PAy ATtEnTIon TO BREASTON AND URBAN PICKING UP THE SLACK AND THE OFFENSE SHIFTED TO A RUn FIRST PASS SECOND TYPE?????? NO THEY HAVENT, HOW MANy DROPPED PASSES AND FUMBLES DID FITZYPOO HAVE???????? HE IS NOT CLUTCH AND THE SOONER PEOPLE REALIZE HE IS JUST AN OVERATEDED #2 WO THEN WE WILL ALL BE BETTER!!! GO DEZ BRYANT

60. By Scott H on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

Hey Florio -

If you’re so sure that Andre Johnson is a better player than Fitzgerald, then go join the Texans fan club and have nice life! It sure doesn’t sound like anyone is going to miss you. Get this straight – Fitzgerald and over-rated are two words that cannot be used in the same sentence, period. Fitzgerald and Johnson are actually quite comparable for how utterly dominant they are. But has Johnson propelled the Texans to a Super Bowl yet? Answer – no. But the Cardinals WERE there a little more than a year ago and it was a post-season performance for the ages by Larry Fitzgerald that got them there. There are some that think Fitzgerald could approach the heights reached only by Jerry Rice if he plays long enough. The mere fact that he is being thought of in those terms should tell you plenty. I’ve been a fan for more than 35 years and I honestly think Fitzgerald might be the single most talented and dominant player to wear a Cardinals uniform during that time. And it pisses me off that you have the honor of being a fan during his career and you obviously don’t appreciate how special he is. Seriously, dude – take your ignorant self to the store, get yourself a Andre Johnson jersey, and go find a seat on the Texans bandwagon!

ALL THOSE IN FAVOR OF VOTING THIS IDIOT OFF THE CARDINALS BANDWAGON, SAY AYE!

61. By Donovan McNabb on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

Looks like I would be playing for Arizona next year, Washington here I come!

62. By Shannon Robinson on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

Andy-

Last year the Cards carried six wide receivers – Boldin, Urban and Morey are now gone so maybe the Cards decide to carry 5 WR’s this year in order to keep an extra offensive lineman or an extra linebacker – the decisions we make on draft day will tell a lot about whether we run the ball more or strengthen our defense. This is now a pretty tight roster so guys like Stevie Baggs or Reggie Walker are on the bubble for linebackers and Claxton’s on the edge already and more so if we draft an offensive tackle – add one, cut one from now on.

63. By darrenurban on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

Pay Dockett –

Single game seats are not yet on sale. Preseason and regular season all go on sale at the same time.

64. By dylan on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

scott h-

i SAY AYE :)

65. By William on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

I say aye!

darren -

Are you relieved that the McNabb-to-Cards speculation is officially disspelled? I am.

66. By alex u on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

One of the first things is thought of when Warner retired was “Lets get Campbell.” we got Anderson though.

67. By TucsonTim on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

Scot H -

Read it and weap:

5 years from now that “donut hole” will have more mass than a black hole

68. By DRC#1FAN on Apr 4, 2010 | Reply

a big fn AAAYYYYYEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

69. By chris freeman on Apr 5, 2010 | Reply

Darren -

is it me or is what the eagles did smart, but a bad move for the redskins. I believed Jason Campbell was a great QB, accuracy, cannon, poise in pocket. the only problem i saw was while Washington ,over the 3years, bulked up the defense, they never took much concern the line and by the time Campbell called hike he was on his back.

using a 4 Th pick in trade for Campbell be a chance to get two great players for low value ( in case Leinart don’t pan out ) and pick for our front seven and line.

ook at the saints vs redskins game this last year one of the few times the line did a decent job but the supporting cast could not keep the ball in their hands. fumble here, dropped pass there there and there, and still able to pull of a 33-30 loss, I remember seeing Campbell getting rocked a few times so his durability will not be in question.

Mcnabb is just going to inherit that

70. By chris freeman on Apr 5, 2010 | Reply

sorry after the Superbowl of 08 … MIKE….. all year teams started emphasizing more man on man with over the top help, they did it so much in fact it OPENS UP THE OFFENSE FOR OTHER PLAYERS… and what do u mean breaston, he had under 800 yds. what u probably meant to say was, with the way teams were attacking the cardinals (now top) weapon left the availability for players like Boldin to gain his 1000 yards, while opening up for a future run game. the Texans still rely heavily on Andre Johnson and all he can produce is 9 TDs for his team ( the last two year 8) while Fitzgerald gave 13 this , 12 last year, and 10 the year before.. it you do the research fitz actually got more tds every year than Andre ( so who’s the better redzone threat) and to answer your question Fitzgerald no fumbles last season ( 1 post ), 1 fumble in 08 , Andre Johnson averages a fumble a year.

but besides that they are comparable.

71. By darrenurban on Apr 5, 2010 | Reply

William –

I don’t know if relieved is the right word. I would have rather seen him end up in the AFC. That said, unless/until he signs an extension, the McNabb thing will just rear up again next offseason.

72. By darrenurban on Apr 5, 2010 | Reply

Chris –

Clearly the Redskins had soured on Campbell. It doesn’t take a genius to see that. I don’t know enough about him to say what his worth is; if you are saying use a fourth-round pick, remember, the Cards don’t have one in 2010 anymore (sent to the Jets in the Rhodes trade). I just don’t see it when you have two other guys in generally the same boat — Leinart and Anderson.

73. By MikeFlorio on Apr 5, 2010 | Reply

SCOTT H I have been a fan since you were in diapers!!! going on 36 yrs now, so until a true fan speaks up then you go back to your dallas fan club!! Lord knows fans in here are still riding the 08 superbowl run, Fitz is an underachiever! Honstly he impressed everyone in this room last year???? His hype! is all he is, Nobody mentions him as a dominant force in the NFL. Surely the bandwagon fans in here pay attention to the sport and not just the team right??? Fitz needs to be a complete reciever that dominates the game, not a flash in the pan, like the 08 playoff run. Tell you what if every thinks that he lived up to his 08 run last year then you need to get you head examined!!!!!

74. By Amber on Apr 5, 2010 | Reply

I guess the Cards like those Jets players, since they also traded for Kerry Rhodes. From the posts Rhodes has posted in his personal locker: http://www.lockerblogger.com/lockers/Kerry%20Rhodes he seems happy to be a Cardinal so hopefully Feely will be as well.

75. By Wampag on Apr 5, 2010 | Reply

D I am guessing Mike florio isn’t mike florio lol……I just read Kents article on rackers and does it sound to you like Rackers agent really dropped the ball here?

76. By darrenurban on Apr 5, 2010 | Reply

Wampag –

Um, no, Mike Florio isn’t really Mike Florio.

As for the Rackers’ situation, I don’t know if anyone dropped the ball. It’s a matter of perception, of course. We’ll never know exactly what Rackers wanted or what was offered. If he doesn’t get a job somewhere, then yes, it’s not going to look good. But these types of things happen. It just doesn’t get laid out there for public consumption.

77. By chris freeman on Apr 5, 2010 | Reply

during the pro bowl week they should introduce competitive ( bracket type ) 1500 games ( where Qb throws ball in air, call a number and WRs go after ball ). this way in a bracketological (fake word) form fans can argue about the better WRs on the true fundamentals : body positioning, ability to attack the ball at the highest point and hands.

78. By Scott H on Apr 5, 2010 | Reply

Mike Florio -
    Well, so far, all that you have established is that you’ve been a fan for as many years as I have and you’ve basically learned NOTHING! I’m not sure if you are really this ignorant or if maybe it’s just possible that you have Fitzgerald confused with someone else??? But ya know what? Knock yourself out, believe what you want to believe. You’re entitled to your opinion. But have you noticed that in this particular case, nobody else on the planet agrees with you? I mean, you can walk around trying to convince people that the sky isn’t blue but after awhile…you just start to look and sound like an idiot. And…there ya go. Sorry, I really tried to help you with this one, but…it’s hopeless.

79. By TMAS on Apr 5, 2010 | Reply

Mike Florio-

Who was voted thee number one threat by d secondaries. FITZ. The guy is incredible. Johnson is incredible and I honestly believe Doucet and Breaston are top knotch players. If all you want to do is slam our players go to the Seahawks site. I don’t care how long you WERE a fan, you don’t sound like one now.

80. By CMacyn on Apr 5, 2010 | Reply