Faneca is a Cardinal

Posted by Darren Urban on April 27, 2010 – 4:20 pm

UPDATE II: It’s official — the Cards have agreed to terms with Faneca. Barring any setbacks, he will be here for minicamp, coach Ken Whisenhunt said.

Well, I know I am surprised,  but the Cardinals have signed guard Alan Faneca for $2.5 million for one season, according to Adam Schefter. You figure he gets dropped into the starting lineup, meaning I wonder what happens with Deuce Lutui — since he hasn’t signed his tender, it’s possible the Cards take it off the table. The Faneca deal hasn’t been announced officially, so I hope to have more details soon.

UPDATE: Reports are Faneca gets $300,000 for a signing bonus and $100,000 as a workout bonus — but since the money is guaranteed (according to Schefter) it means Faneca will definitely be in the mix on the line. Coach Ken Whisenhunt and especially Russ Grimm wanted Faneca when the Steelers bounced him a couple of seasons ago, but the Cards couldn’t make the money work at the time. He is 33.

Again, the question becomes, who is the odd man out? Is the tender pulled for Lutui (it was/is for more than $2 million). Here are the veteran offensive line candidates: Levi Brown, Jeremy Bridges, Brandon Keith, Herman Johnson, Lyle Sendlein, Ben Claxton, Reggie Wells, Rex Hadnot, Faneca and Lutui. Seven guys were active on game days last year. You’re probably only keeping eight on the active roster. What was that that Whisenhunt says about competition?

Tags: ,

97 Responses to “Faneca is a Cardinal”

1. By MikeFlorio on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Now Now, there is some news that I had already posted, nice to see you finally caught up with the news.
    Fanenca REALLY??????????
    God This place is becoming a retirement home. It reeks of old people and bandwagon fans!!!!!

2. By cory on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

Glad we got him, but I really liked Deuce. It will be a shame if we let him go. I wonder what the sticking point is.

3. By Lilmaccloco on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Getting Faneca is grat news i think some of us in the cardinal nation have a high level of respect for Deuce Lutui so whatever the outcome is i hope to see lutui suite up as a cardinal this season!

4. By Erik Osborn on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Sweet action!!! Way to go Whiz and Grimm for talking him into it, and thank you Graves and the Bidwills for paying the money to bring him on to the team. He’s a great leader and can be a great mentor for our young guys like Sendlein, Levi, Herman, and Keith. Deuce can learn a lot from him too if he ever signs his tender, but him dragging his feet may have just cost him a job.

5. By Schu on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

OMG ..this is HUGE by the Cardinals. I’m hopeful that things still work out with Deucer also. But getting a dominant offense piece like Faneca is a HUGE HUGE happening for this coming year. GET EXCITED!!!!

6. By Dustin D on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

WOW! hope hes still got it.

7. By Cam on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

I really hope they cut Lutui I never thought he had the leverage to not sign his tender and if Faneca is coming in good luck to him. He has some experience with coach Whiz. I really hope 9-0 is in town to sign a long term deal (I can dream) but seriously lets get a deal done.

8. By Former Steeler Fan on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

First, let me say that there cannot be another NFL team’s “blogger” (if that is how you would label yourself) that provides as much timely and pertinent info to that team’s fans.

However, I know that you have some egg on your face after your responses to fans on the recent threads i.e. that Faneca was not coming to the Cards.

I agreed with your comments, incidentally. It seemed especially unlikely.

I do believe that Graves and Whiz have made a great decision to sign Faneca.

9. By lg on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

i told yall yesterday he would fit good with us i’ve been a cardinal fan for 15 years i no what this team need i buy the sunday tickets ever year somebody said he would want to much and i said if you want your QB to have time in the picket you will pay the cost thanks for the up date darren it made my day

10. By Garrett on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

It seems a offensive tackle was a greater need than another guard. Lutui has given us 16 starts for the past two seasons and has made appearances in 15 games every year of his career.

But, how can you argue with signing a 9-time Pro-Bowler (’01-’09) for $2.5 mil?

11. By Ryan on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

You have to believe this is a big acquisition for the new power-running offense.

You really think they will take the offer for Deuce off the table?

I mean with Faneca’s age and one year contract.

12. By carlo7000 on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

at this point we cant loose a player like lutui..he has been our best offensive lineman last year and most important he is constantly improving…our guards must be lutui and faneca

13. By dimitosesma on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

D, im pretty sure you stated your feeling was the cards would not sign Faneca. Now is it just me or have your offseason predictions/feelings been the exact opposite of what actually happens. Now I’m just sayin, seems kind of that way. Still a big fan and enjoy your updates….oh yeah just for kicks can you predict the cards to lose the superbowl?

14. By bobF on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Holy Crap!

15. By Dave the Optimisitc Season Ticket Holder on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

The Running game just improved a lot! For example, “Physical, with an F! for Faneca !!!!!

Now re-sign Dockett, then sign a REAL veteran corner, and we got something really to get excited about!

Darren – this roster is starting look very interesting despite all this San Fran hype, do you see another Div. Title ? or too much Kool-Aid . . .

16. By josh on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Wow.. Nice pick up.. hopefully this guy still has some left in the tank.. how old is he 59? lol jk We need all the help we can get protecting mr hollywood

17. By William on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

MikeFlorio, you are REALLY getting annoying.

I’m very suprised by the signing.

18. By Ajbailey on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Mike

You obviously don’t know what Faneca is capable of and how big of a signing this is, he didn’t get cut cause he was getting old, the Jets just couldn’t afford him. The Cards were one of probably 12 teams interested in him, he is still productive and will be a GREAT leader for the o-line and Leinart

19. By Dustin D on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Mike Florino
    You know deep down you like the cards. You obviously cant stay away. Dont you have anything better to do then get on here with your bs. I mean seriously if you dont like the way the cards do buisness then stay the heck out of their buisness. Thank you have a nice day.

20. By wampag on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

WOOOOO HOOOOOO here we come we got a running game and just maybe a couple of pass rushers get us a vetern CD and SB here we come in WHIZ I trust GO CARDS

21. By Darthcard on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

I’m in shock! Love the move but totally didn’t think it would happen. I knew they would want him. But affording him is a whole other ball game.

22. By Rich on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Fantastic News !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a big signing. Still one of the best guards in the business!!!!!!!!

23. By Bill on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

I think this is a good 1 year deal. Allows him to help stabilize the Line a bit with a new starter at RT and he can help mentor / groom some guys like Herman Johnson and Brandon Keith.

Faneca is a possible future Hall-of-Famer and you can’t have enough of them laying around.

24. By Martin on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

That’s right, spend the money on a guy who will play for another year or two. I would have been more excited if we picked him up 5 years ago, but come on! He was drafted in 1998 for crying out loud!
    I hope the Cards are picking up that new sponsor BEN GAY, cause with the senior players we’re picking up, (Oh, I mean leadership right?) We are going to need Ben Gay, and two extra timeouts.

25. By Andre on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

holy *******

I not surprised they did this, but I am excited. Now we can Address the line in next years draft. WOW. Good stuff.

26. By Bo on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

We have Faneca Now? Why dont we get BIG Herman Johnson in there? He is a HUGE mammoth of a man and that will give beanie 3 strong guys to run behind (Sendlein included) and thats if our tackles dont step it up…. Hmm the az cardinals a run first team? Only time will tell.

Also what does everyone think of Daryl Washington, Do you think he will be put into the starting line up soon?

27. By alex u on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Wow im a bit rattled right now, but at the same time thrilled, are offensive line is amazing now. Don’t really know how this will turn out but, at the moment, i like it.

28. By alex u on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Also, maybe they want Reggie Wells to play Tackle? he has played tackle before.

29. By 98CardsFan on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Mike Cornhole is a punk.

30. By Bobby on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Hey MikeFlorio do you go on all the teams websites or just a few you like? Or are you just a cards fan?

31. By VinGab on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

I am unclear of all the dynamics, but I am concerned why Deuce has not been signed yet. He was instrumental in being a part of the line that came up through the old fashioned way of grinding and paying dues. Not sure of his work ethic off field, but on the field his intensity is incredible.
    I, for one, am getting tired of hearing “It’s just a business” . I believe that the linemen are the last of the old school, lunch box type ethic and personality as opposed to the showboaters of today.

32. By kenneth on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

I agree with you daren. I like the move. Especially how we are going to be a running based team now.

33. By BigAl on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

I would guess that Reggie Wells loses his starting position, not Lutui.

34. By Sittin in the Sun at Sun Devil Stadium on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

I know letting go of Deuce is probably more likely, but what about moving Wells to tackle? Didn’t the Cards at one point think about trying him at tackle? Or was that with Denny Green?

They could use Keith, Hadnot and Bridges as backups

35. By Casey on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Any chance this means the Cardinals are looking to trade Lutui (ideally for a veteran CB) to a team that is willing to give him the type of long term deal he’s been looking for in AZ (and I understand that Lutui would first have to sign the 1-year tender before he could be traded)?

Given what happened on draft day (McFadden traded/no high picks spent on a CB), this type of scenario has been in the back of my mind. If there isn’t a trade to be made for a proven CB who can provide depth, hopefully Lutui signs soon and starts working out with the team.

36. By aitchem on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Deuce, Reggie, Hadnot, Faneca? Bridges is an exception because he’s versatile enough to play in and outside. Hadnot is a pretty good center, so he’s a valuable back-up there in a pinch.

But Darren, is there room for this many interior guys? Whatever, this is another great pickup.

37. By shannonrobinson on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Lutui is as stubborn as he is mean, both good qualities for a Guard, and it’s because he believes he’s right that he stands up. He is a Cardinal no matter what. He’s worth waiting for. They’ll all go to Camp – do we keep 9 offensive linemen on the roster? Coach Grimm always runs three lines in Camp – with Faneca there are 15 O-linemen on the roster……Beannie Ball!

38. By SierraVistaNick on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

MikeFlorio is getting on my nerves! WERE a retirement home. How can you argue with this move? Hmmm, only if Warner was the QB would I disagree, and only slightly. We are moving to a run first or most of the time team, he is a run first O line guard. Do the math. The Jets released him because Snachez can throw the ball and and the run game is taking a hit in FA. They need pass protection, we need run blocking. I think fair enough.

39. By 98CardsFan on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Sorry I was immature, but that really ticks me off. Faneca is a great pickup, even for a season. They might have called him a weak link in NY and had more holding penalties than usual, but I think that has more to do with a rookie QB than an indication of decline. We have that experienced road grader to lead the way for Beanie & Timmy now. This offseason just gets more and more exciting! Thanks Darren for all you do for us “thirsty” cards fans.

40. By dylan on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

can you not allow mike to post on these blogs plz

41. By card62 on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Darren

Very interesting that both the Jets and Steelers let Faneca walk.
    Why do you think they let him leave? and when was the last time he made the pro bowl?

Do you think we try Wells, Lutui, Johnson or Faneca at center?

Competition is great so I am very pleased with this signing after we did not sign Bulger, Ginn, or draft Hernandez.

Thanks for all your hard work and articles these past weeks, and keep up the good work.

42. By kauaicardsfan on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Yes! I was wondering if the cards were going to jump on this!
    Great Job!!! Go Cards!!!

43. By dan on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

That is the best news I’ve heard all day. This guy is a future HOFer…….I’m pumped and we just got lucky as heck. I smell another title ride.

44. By Kent on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

MikeFlorio

Yer what is Mike Sherman doing here…

Oh Wait, thats right we never signed him to be our coach….

Swing and a Miss Mike, Darren is reliable, a heck of a lot more than can be said about you…

Back on topic, Faneca is a veteran blocker who could really help our running game, but if not we have other guys who can step in like Hadnot. I like the move.

45. By darrenurban on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Former Steeler —

I don’t worry about egg. That was the direction I was led. I’m not a team mouthpiece. I am still a reporter and as such, not privy to everything. I hedged my bets but I didn’t think it would happen.

46. By darrenurban on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Dim —

Just you. Other than this one, I feel pretty good about my reporting.

47. By darrenurban on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Dave —

I never thought another division was out of the question.

48. By darrenurban on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Sittin —

Wells could be looked at at tackle, but I still think Keith gets his shot.

49. By darrenurban on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

aitch —

No, there’s not. Someone will be left out.

50. By Chad on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Awesome! Great addition for line depth but also some veteran leadership as well for some of the younger guys (Herman Johnson and Brandon Keith). This will cause everyone to raise their game.

51. By cards-r-gonna rule on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Looks like I’ll have to recycle my Dobler Jersey (66) afterall. Love the move, now we need a veteran CB and its’ full steam ahead. GO CARDS!!!!!!

52. By tyman on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

This seems like a really great move. Faneca has always been on teams that have ran the ball, and for one year 2.5 is great. He can teach the younger players and make the whole line better. I think Faneca and Joey were both great pick ups in the offseason. We will see how it pans out though.

53. By Chase on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

What a great pick up. Would not be shocked if we get 1000 yard seasons out of Hightower and Wells. By the by, Florio is a tool. Dude is still bitter about the Greenbay loss. Why don’t you go cry a little more.

54. By Jesse robles on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Darren-
    I feel just like you, I never thought another division title was out of the question. I just know it’s not going to be all those passing yards, well we don’t know yet, but itt would be great to see one of our QB step in big. I say that you can’t knock Post-Warner Leinart until he actually messes up. I actually feel the NFC West as a whole might be a great division. This is great with the schedule and everything, it’s turning into football around here!! Go Cards!! See you Saturday!!

55. By Bert on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Martin-

Yeah because the last time we signed a man who was a year or two away from retiring (Warner) he was just worthless.

56. By Gang6230 on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

I disagree with the guy that says the cards are looking like a retirement home. What he must understand is the vision of the coaching staff that opportunities are out there for quality players . A great team needs both young talent and experience players both toghether make a great team great pik let’s do it cards

57. By johnnybluenose on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

glad we got faneca but wonder why the jets cut him. if nothing else, it shows that players want to play for us now. hope deuce signs on too but his feelings may be hurt. i hope his teammates are talking to him about staying.

58. By sign90now on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

to answer the previous question, Faneca was last in the Pro Bowl in 2009!

59. By Don't Take Losses on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Faneca, sheez. All I know is the Cards have competition at every position, and a senior guy to kick a__ on O and D. Bravo Cards. Now maybe we can “run it down their throats”. Giddyup! Hey Darren, its all goood, your reporting is money..

60. By ker5h on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Card62-
    He made the pro bowl last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, etc.

61. By Former Steeler Fan on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

I never meant to imply that you are a team mouthpiece. I think of you as a reporter.

I DO appreciate all that you provide to us Cards fans.

I just couldn’t resist pointing out that you threw an incompletion on Alan F.

My comment is just an example that you are dealing with an unruly group (mob) here. :) :)

Keep the info coming.

Best to you.

62. By vivek on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Haha Darren, I see you’ve already got a lot of ‘I asked you’s and ‘I told you’s, so am not gonna repeat that ! although I think it would be fun if you could announce the person who asked you first !

63. By AZfAn808 on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Darren-
    In your opinion who will be the starting Running Back?(I know you don’t know for sure, your not a genie but personally)

64. By Trips Right on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

I’m interested to know Reggie Wells cap numbers for the remainder of his contract? I always though he was overrated and often took plays off mentally. If his cap numbers are high, I wouldn’t mind him being the odd man out. Deuce is young and played alot better than Wells last year.

65. By runningbearfan on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

holy cow so i guess i’m picking beanie to my fantasy league since the cards will now have an unstoppable run game my line up hadnot(C) fanaca(LG)lutui(RG)levi(T) brandon(T) with that and a killer dfence give us the ring now ok i definatly had too much kool-aide

66. By TBru on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

I am guessing they signed Faneca anticipating Duece isn’t going to sign, much like the Feely signing. Why do I think Duece will be blocking for Whitehurst this season?

67. By jzoully on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Dear Darren,

What would you think if the cardinals traded Deuce Lutui for a corner, so then everybody is happy

68. By Chuck on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Excellent move! Now we can pound the rock up the middle!

69. By darrenurban on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Casey —

I suppose that is possible. He’s got to sign his tender first.

70. By cactus jeff on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

I like Lutui and Faneca at guards, Wells at right tackle….If cardinals stay healthy during preseason couldn’t they trade some depth in the OL for lower round draft picks or backup DBs?

71. By darrenurban on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Trips —

Cap numbers don’t matter. There is no cap. Wells is due $2.4 million in salary this season, and he will be a free agent after the season.

72. By darrenurban on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

jzoully —

I could see it possible.

73. By darrenurban on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Ryan —

I don’t know. I think Deuce will sign pretty quickly, frankly. I wrote earlier I thought he’d be here for minicamp. But someone is going to be the odd man out here.

74. By darrenurban on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

VinGab —

There has been a contract on the table for more than $2 million for weeks. Deuce is hoping for a longer deal. Breaston, for example, had the same issue. But he signed.

75. By jzoully on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Are there any insiders saying that Duece looks like an attractive offer if we did trade him? Who could be some takers?

76. By nickt g on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

duece is a idiot

77. By darrenurban on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

jzoully —

Any of this trade speculation is just that. A guess based on today’s signing. But guessing nonetheless. I have no specifics because I’m not sure there are any specifics.

78. By darrenurban on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

AzFan —

I’d guess Beanie but again, I don’t see why it matters. Even if Hightower technically starts, Beanie is going to get a ton of work.

79. By jzoully on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Good point darren. Then do you think another veteran as a wide reciever (Referring to a good reciever like Josh Reed) would be a good pick-up? Or should we stay with what we have. I want this totally based off your opinion.

80. By darrenurban on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Jzoully —

My opinion? You just spent a third-round pick on a guy and you have Fitz, Breaston and Doucet. I stick with the status quo.

81. By jzoully on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

But lighting a fire under them saying that the job would not just be given to reciever’s Doucet, Breaston, and Roberts is saying something. and you only have 3 recievers that were on the roster last season (Anquan Boldin trade, Jerheme Urban signs with chiefs, and Sean Morey signs with Seahawks). Not trying to play coach of course Darren, and I know my doesn’t matter but veteran presence does play a role. I think that we might have signed Alan Faneca to try to show Duece Lutui maybe some pressure or urgency to sign, a little competition never hurt anyone. What do you think Darren. Also sorry for writing a long letter.

82. By darrenurban on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

jzoully —

Hey, you asked my opinion. I see your point, but again, I say you don’t add anyone.

83. By jzoully on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Yes I did ask your opinion and I appreciate you chatting with me. I hope I didn’t waste your time Darren. Have a good night.

84. By AZfAn808 on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Darren-
    The only reason I ask about the runningback because Hightower in my opinion is an up the gut runner(1st play of the second round). Beanie is an off-tackle stiff arm specialist, especially with cutting that additional weight. So it was just what back suits our lines speciality? (if we don’t accel at both that is)

85. By Martin on Apr 27, 2010 | Reply

Bert-

Really? Compare him to a real leader at QB? Warner? I think not…. he’s an O-lineman. Apples to Oranges.

He was a great guard in his prime. Did you see how many holding penalties he had last year? I’m just saying, “He should not be compared to Kurt Warner.” That’s a joke!

86. By CMacyn on Apr 28, 2010 | Reply

Darren-
    I watched some of the highlights on Alfonso Smith and was curious as to what you think about him. He seems like a shifty-Howlings kind of guy so do you think he is there for a PR/KR job?

87. By Mr. Know It All on Apr 28, 2010 | Reply

The Business side of the NFL can seem less fortunate for “sum”. The Cards gave the offer to Deuce because they had leverage. He is a Restricted free agent so he could only leave if another team offered the draft pick. No team did, so Deuce is going to have to sign eventually b/c now the Cards are stacked at OL. Would I hate to see him go? Yes, after all Deuce is getting better and he’s a Hometown product!!!!!.

Maybe he is looking for a house in Seattle!!!

WOW!!!! Faneca is a Card!!!!

Starting 5 OL could be:

LT__________LG__________C_________RG________RT______
    L BROWN^^^^A FANECA^^^^^LYLE S^^^^REX H^^^^^B KEITH

Backups
    J Bridges
    BIG HERM
    J Palmer

You guessed it “NO MORE MR. NICE GUY” the Cards are going to push people around and run that ball effectively.

PUNISH THE OPPOSING DEFENSE!!!!!!!

88. By Michael from stl on Apr 28, 2010 | Reply

I like Faneca and he could play 1 or 2 years with us while we develop are offensive line and maybe in the next draft (hoping that all the rookies we got pay off) get an o-line player with great talent

89. By darrenurban on Apr 28, 2010 | Reply

jzoully —

It’s never a waste. That’s what I am here for. I appreciate healthy debate.

90. By darrenurban on Apr 28, 2010 | Reply

CMacyn —

I can’t say I know anything about him.

91. By darrenurban on Apr 28, 2010 | Reply

Mr. Know —

No Reggie Wells?

92. By Eazy E on Apr 28, 2010 | Reply

Man i love these new aggressive cardinals. Faneca will be a great addition to the o-line. The jets made several good moves then follow them up with bad moves. Get Cromartie for a 3rd, then trades kerry rhodes, steals santonio for a 5th, then cuts faneca, let’s thomas walk to kc, trades leon washington, so their thinking is mixed up. Great,Great Move!!

93. By Scott H on Apr 28, 2010 | Reply

MikeFlorio –

This just in – you’re a total idiot and nobody likes you. You’d be doing the world a favor if YOU retired. You’ll still be an idiot but at least we won’t be listening to you anymore.
    That said, I love the Faneca signing. Don’t give me this “retirement home” crap! What does a guys’ age matter when he can still play at the level that Faneca can? Heck, when you look at guys like Kurt Warner and Bertrand Berry…ya know what? The retirement home looks like a pretty good place to shop! Kurt Warner is STILL one of the top 10 QB’s on the planet right now. I wish he would get a burning desire to get back on the field and prove it, but…anyway, it took a few years longer than it should have, but I’m glad to see Alan Faneca in Cardinal red. Gotta love the idea of one of the best O-lineman of the past decade being re-united with THE best O-line coach in the league! This works for me!

94. By Pipa Piko on Apr 29, 2010 | Reply

Deuce Lutui is by far the best o-linemen that the cardinals have. The guy is in his prime and should of gone to the pro bowl this past season. But that crap is all politics and when you really look at it. No player will vote for a guy that gave them the business on the field C’mon now! As far as faneca signing with the cards I think was the biggest gamble the organization has taken this off-season. Faneca is a pro bowler yadalamahino but he is past his prime and doesn’t got much left in the tank. In fact he had the most holding calls in the AFC this past year and second in the league. I wish the organization would pull deuce’s tender off and let him free, because 31 teams will be knocking on his door asking him if he wants to get a deal done!!!

2. Apr 28, 2010: Word From the Birds Blog
  3. Apr 28, 2010: OG Deuce Lutui [Arizona] could be released. - DaBears - Chicago Bears Message Board and Fan Blog Site
  4. Apr 28, 2010: Top Posts — WordPress.com