Planning to pass the torch

Posted by Darren Urban on April 30, 2010 – 10:11 am

If you haven’t had a chance to check out the rookie-reporting video, it’s a pretty good look of behind-the-scenes. The best part to me was when the camera caught veteran nose tackle Bryan Robinson meeting rookie nose tackle and first-round pick Dan Williams for the first time.

“You’re the guy I came back to mentor,” Robinson said to Williams. “You’re the guy that’s going to take my spot — and I want you to do that. I really do. I’m going to help you as much as I can.”

Those words have to be music to the ears of coach Ken Whisenhunt.

– As a P.S. for anyone coming out to Fan Fest Saturday (gates open at the Tempe complex at 9 a.m., practice is at 10:45), in addition to the normal Cards’ gear on sale, there will also be a special “historical” store for anyone interested. All proceeds will go to Cardinals Charities, so if you’re looking for, say, an Emmitt Smith autographed football (that’s been scanned with WeTrak, Emmitt’s own authentication system) or maybe an Anquan Boldin authentic jersey, those will be available.

Tags: , , ,

11 Responses to “Planning to pass the torch”

1. By Roy on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

If there were only more players with that type of attitude. So many of the so called stars these days are so worried about themselves and their paycheck that they forget they are on a team.

I just became a fan of Bryan Robinson.

2. By SierraVistaNick on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

When I heard Robinson’s comments, I was stoked. That’s the kind of competition that makes both players better tomorrow than they were today! I like it!

3. By 98CardsFan on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Darren-
    Loved that line myself. It goes to show the kind of player, People Whiz & the front office are bringing in. That is a winning culture right there. On another note, what will be available at the historic store? Would there be a chance to get the old white home jerseys? Thanks

4. By alex u on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

B-Rob’s great, i think Dan Williams will start around week 10-11? Maybe earlier if Williams takes in and learns alot from B-Rob, Gabe and Dockett and the coaches of course in TC, pre-season and the season itself, but yeah that was a great look of behind the scenes, thanks.

5. By Eric on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Robinson is a real class act. I thought he would’ve retired after the drafting of Williams, but now I see why he came back. It’s good to have that type of person on the team!

6. By Ottis Anderson Fan on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Darren -

I was thinking exactly the same thing about Bryan Robinson when I watched that video. Class act.

My second thought was that Bryan was practically naked when the introduction happened (and that he had somebody pulling at his underwear from behind when talking to Dan).

Those are the kind of BTS videos I like (not the partial nudity, but the spontaneous moments).
    ;)

7. By CMacyn on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

This is great news I like the fact that Rob is willing to help and pass knowledge on to the young up and coming Williams. Darren, will there be any videos released today?

8. By darrenurban on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

98Cards –

I don’t know specifics. This I believe is more like a clearance sale, so it’ll be whatever we have on hand.

9. By darrenurban on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

CMacyn –

Yes. There will be something up later.

10. By Chris B on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

I was going to comment on that part too. That’s awesome!

11. By Don't Take Losses on Apr 30, 2010 | Reply

Watched the vid. Nothing skinny about Daryl Washington. What a stud.