• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.
  • Fri., May. 23, 2014 8:00AM MST Rookie minicamp Rookie minicamp.
  • Sat., May. 24, 2014 8:00AM MST Rookie minicamp Rookie minicamp
  • Sun., May. 25, 2014 8:00AM MST Rookie minicamp Rookie minicamp.

The rivalry according to Dockett

Posted by Darren Urban on May 12, 2010 – 4:38 pm

This is a story about a man, his tweets, and the perceived “hatred” of his rival that really isn’t.

Darnell Dockett certainly has kept things lively between the Cardinals and 49ers, recently jumping on something Niners tight end Vernon Davis said on Twitter about dominating opponents and turning it into a back-and-forth about Davis, Adrian Wilson and the Cards/Niners rivalry.

Dockett was backing up his man Wilson until some Niners’ fans got into the fray, letting Davis lob an insult and Dockett firing back. Dockett certainly hasn’t held back this offseason, talking a lot about getting another shot at the 49ers.

But here’s the thing, which Dockett laid out in a lengthy explanation in the locker room today following his workout: He wants to beat the 49ers. Bad. He’ll make that clear on Twitter often. Hate them, though? Not really.

“I don’t hate them,” Dockett said. “Actually I have a lot of respect for them. I remind my teammates all the time, when we’re out there running (in the offseason) and you’re tired, I tell ‘em, ‘Think about what it’s going to feel like in Monster Park in the third quarter and they are trying to run the ball down our throat.’ Guys who have been in that fight before, it’s like, bam, the switch turns on.”

Rather than pare down too much of what Dockett said, I’d rather let him tell the story.

– On the perception he hates the 49ers: “I am cool with a lot of their team. You don’t know that if you look at Twitter and you’ll be like, ‘Man, you really hate them.’ But I just feel like we are the best two teams in the division, a lot of people say they are going to win the division, we won it the last two years … I know what type of games they will be. I’m not crazy. I think if they played every game like they played us, they’d be undefeated. I feel if we played every game with a certain intensity that we play (against) them, we’d be undefeated.”

– On losing to San Francisco: “If you lose to a team back to back and (the games) are so competitive and you know you’ll play your best game and they’ll play their best game and they beat you, you take that personal. Especially if you are a winner in your heart. … We lost (last year). They kicked our ass. It don’t matter how we lost. I don’t plan on losing to them again.”

– On hearing from 49ers’ fans on Twitter: “I love their fans because they’ve got some ride-or-die fans. I actually enjoy reading some of their fans’ tweets because they are really disrespectful and I actually wish some of our fans would be like that sometimes too. … They say, ‘We got all these Super Bowl wins.’ I just respond, ‘Ya’ll had Super Bowl wins before I even got in the league, I don’t care about that. That ain’t got nothing to do with me.”

– On Vernon Davis and having Adrian Wilson’s back: “Vernon, you see the trash he is talking, he and Adrian, they have their own vendetta against each other. But me? I’m cool with Vernon. I see him all the time. We’re from the same area (in Maryland), I just saw him this weekend. But I’m going to ride-or-die for my teammates too. I am as loyal as they come. I’m going to have my boy’s back, because he’s not on Twitter and I know if Adrian had been on Twitter he would have spoken up. Adrian was in the weight room the other day and I told him what Vernon said and all of a sudden, he’s got 525 pounds on the squat with no hesitation.”

– On what it’s like to play the 49ers: “They’ve got street dudes on that team, they’ve got dudes that don’t give a damn, they’ve got dudes who will curse, they’ve got dudes who are going to be disrespectful, they’ve got dudes who will hold, scratch, spit on you, talk (crap) to you, be dirty –  it’s a backyard fight. To me, I love those types of games. It’s like, ‘Let the games begin.”

Is it Nov. 29th yet?

Tags: , , ,

85 Responses to “The rivalry according to Dockett”

1. By Kramer on May 12, 2010 | Reply

Nice work Darren! I hope Dockett shows up all off season, he’ll be a All-Pro if he keeps working with Lott…on another note what’s Beanie weighing in at these days 230 – 240?

2. By sergio on May 12, 2010 | Reply

I believe this to be the best division rivalry in football right now because of the intensity they play with even if both teams are having horrible seasons fans know those two games will be great might be the reason why at least one of the games has been on primetime the last couple of seasons.

3. By Nick on May 12, 2010 | Reply

That guy is so awesome. Pay him whatever he wants to keep him a lifelong Cardinal. GO CARDS beat the 49ers!!!

4. By Matt H on May 12, 2010 | Reply

I love how nine-oh just stirs up crap so he’s got something to do, and it really does make the wait for those cards-niners games all the better. Here’s to A-dub hitting VD like he hit Trent Edwards in ’08

5. By darrenurban on May 12, 2010 | Reply

Kramer –

Don’t know about Beanie. I will have to check.

6. By Marc Montgomery on May 12, 2010 | Reply

That’s so funny. @DDockett started the whole thing. Vernon just said somthing to the effect of “I was sleeping beautifully” and the @DDockett says, “were you dreaming about #24?” something like that and the smack begins…. Darnell trying to look like he is protecting his man while feeding #24 ish in his ear while lifting weights…. good job DDockett… playing both sides.

7. By Alberto on May 12, 2010 | Reply

changing subject, don’t you think that the Cards have too many OLBs and too few ILBs? Hayes and Lenon are the starters, with D. Washington possibly replacing Lenon as a starter.Hayes still having back problems raises big concerns, who would be replacing him? I like Beisel, Walker,and Highsmith but the Cards need another big time middle linebacker….My question is, do you see any of the young OLBs like Cody Brown, Will Davis or M. Washington moving to the ILB position? Also, any words on Lutui? Thank you

8. By jason on May 12, 2010 | Reply

long time niners fan here. definitely got some respect for you dockett. love your play and i respect you’re treating this rivalry with class. the trash talkin has been pretty hilarious and adds some spice to the rivalry. can’t wait til the season starts.

9. By AndyStandsUp on May 12, 2010 | Reply

Dockett must be an article waiting to write every time he opens his mouth.
    But with Warner,Rolle and Dansby gone who on the Cards will be the quotemakers this season? Porter, for sure, but leaders Fitz and Wilson seem reserved.
    Darren?

10. By Mattman on May 12, 2010 | Reply

What about the hit last year that knocked Davis’ helmet off? I remember Wilson saying that is “Just the way I play football”. He is a total beast, I know I wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of one of his hits

11. By Bobby on May 12, 2010 | Reply

The 49ers are going to be a lot better this year and they beat us twice last year….saying that though how ever wants it more will win this one. I’d like to think we want it more. Kill em Dock!! BIRDGANG! KAW KAWWW!

12. By darrenurban on May 12, 2010 | Reply

Marc –

To be fair, Mike Sando pointed out an original Davis tweet about how Davis loves his job because he is paid to dominate. Darnell saw it and off we went.

13. By darrenurban on May 12, 2010 | Reply

Alberto –

Nothing new on Deuce. As for the linebackers, there are 80-plus guys on the roster. Every position is going to get cut. They probably keep, at most, eight linebackers, you figure. We’ll see how that shakes out.

14. By darrenurban on May 12, 2010 | Reply

AndyStands –

I think, in the dead of May, I thank my lucky stars Darnell is around this offseason.

Big picture, depends what you call a “quotemaker.” Adrian and Larry aren’t going to create many headlines. I’m counting on Porter. And I think Faneca will be a go-to guy. DRC has been good too.

15. By ryan on May 12, 2010 | Reply

what makes u birds think that losing Kurt, Anquan, Karlos and Antrelle u guys are gonna be a better team this year? Are u serious?! U got dominated WITH them playing last year. GET REAL!!! GO NINERS

16. By bobo on May 12, 2010 | Reply

Darnell has become a MAIN leader on this defense and this team. I follow him on twitter and he is very coo! more ppl should get to know this guy.

17. By cardsfan89 on May 12, 2010 | Reply

I guess Ryan didn’t read any of the articles out there about the players we ADDED. See you on game day.

18. By Motavaysean on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Well Ryan FS Rohdes was a captain of the #1D in the league last year and close to the same age as Rolle (upgrade) OLB Chike and Bert were awesome but with OLB Joey Porter (upgrade) IMLB is 1 of the easiest positions to transfer to the NFL Washington (D rookie of year)>Big Dan in the middle to free them all up Priceless. 49ers lol your team went o line in the draft bcuzz they ARE AFRAID HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

19. By Motavaysean on May 13, 2010 | Reply

An 4 the offence RYAN look at a few QB’s who were lucky enough to sit behind great QB’s – Aaron Rodgers – Matt Schaub – Phillip Rivers – im not worried we have great coaches he will do fine. We played 6 games without Boldin (Was my favorite player) we lost 1. Breaston is thee most under rated player in the league. The O line is better the running backs are better. YES RYAN WE ARE GOING TO WIPE THE FLOOR WITH YOU HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

20. By Isaak on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Ryan

Didn’t realise that some people are sad enough to go on to rivals websites just to mouth off at them.

The niners main offence vs the cards was their running game, with new linebackers and an improved defensive line, i think we”l do just fine thanks.

21. By 49ers rule! on May 13, 2010 | Reply

49ers rule.D docket knows the Cardinals cant hang.cardinals will not beat the 49ers ha ha ha ha ha

22. By brhokla on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Wow, Cards fans should get ready for another sweep from the Niners this season. Mark my word…. Cards are not ready and won’t be ready for what is coming. The Niners are the better team and are going to put some hurt on the Cards.

23. By Card's Refugee on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Ryan-
    A few words for ya! DIVISION CHAMPS! and Smith who?

Your team is getting better, but please, you still have NO qb. Whiners suck!

24. By Mike in SF on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Is anyone else as excited as I am to see Mike Iupati, the most powerful and talented Guard to come out in a few years, go head to head with Dockett every play for the next few years? That should be a GREAT match up.

25. By Joe on May 13, 2010 | Reply

I started following dockett on twitter about three weeks ago hes funny as hell and you can tell he has the heart of a competitor looking forward to those Niner games my Uncle lives in the bay area and all they ever talk about there is beating the cards

26. By Mike on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Good stuff! Now the Crds better beat SF or else they will be stuffed with crow. Can’t wait to see what Dockett has to say after the 1st whooping. GO NINERS!!

27. By Mike on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Card’s refugee…I’m sorry, who is your QB again????? LMAO, that’s a pretty pathetic crack if you ask me… You in denial??

28. By Mike on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Card’s fans are amusing.. The only reason they were any good was because they HAD a QB.. That’s how you were able to win with out Boldin. Now you got nothing except Fitz who the Niners always contained. Can’t wait to dominate!!

29. By 9ers fan on May 13, 2010 | Reply

I love this! You know the last thing this rivalry needed was more intensity. But we got it:). I will be in AZ for Thankgiving, and the game. Wearing my Patrick Willis jersey. I really hope by then, our new G, and T, will have a good grasp of the offense. Not to mention, the addition, of Ginn, the whole offseason in which Alex and Crabtree having been working together. You just may see a much improved team.

30. By Tumbleweed on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Dockett knows the Niners are better and is trying to jack up his teammates to try to beat them. The Niners are the better team and win the division!
    Go Niners! 6-0 in the Superbowl is our goal!

31. By SnakePlissken on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Niners fan here, and I absolutely love what Dockett is doing! -We need a fresh rivalry in this division because we’re the only teams within it baring any actual ‘division-winning’ talent! -And, besides I think people took this way too seriously (or they don’t remember much of the 90′s, when trash-talking was a comedic past-time in Sports), if you look at most of Vernon’s replies to Dockett, Davis looks as if he’s trying not to laugh himself out of his chair. -Dockett and Davis probably see each other more than often during the off-season and shoot the gruff.

32. By Stansclone on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Whiners can’t win any big games, dropped a deuce in Seattle in front of everybody, think of it as thier SUPERBOWL when they play Arizona (Inferiority complex? Ignored little brother?) Niners winning tradition died when mullets and Vanilla Ice were cool. 2010 Prediction: With the losses mounting, Sir Pantsdropper has a stuttering Meltdown, eyes so wide and words so indecipherable that Frank Gore’s simple mind and Vernon Davis’ gigantic ego cannot handle the abject insanity, both running off crying and holding eachother with the rest of the city of San Francisco. But there is a ray of sunshine, you’re already used to doing stuff like that in ‘Frisco anyway.

33. By brhokla on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Another year and another sweep. The Niners seem to own the Cards. I love that so many have opinions but a sweep is a sweep. Just like the Lakers are about to do to the Suns. Cards are now the second best team in the west and if you aint first your last.

34. By brhokla on May 13, 2010 | Reply

I love watching the Cards get humiliated in their own back yard by the Niners. Good stuff…

35. By Adam on May 13, 2010 | Reply

VD is a Tight End. Their job is to go across the middle and get hit. VD got up and went and caught a TD against Wilson. As for Alex Smith. This is the 1st year he has had the same O-Coordinator and he finally has talent around him. He will be fine, mark my words. We have gotten better and the Cards have gotten worse. You guys have lost to many players along with losing Warner? Good luck, but the niners will whoop thatazz again this year.

36. By Marc Montgomery on May 13, 2010 | Reply

DDock is funny

37. By card62 on May 13, 2010 | Reply

I think the 49ers will be better in 2010 like other poster and they worry me for the division title, I also know we did not play well as a team in either game last year against the 49ers, and their QB position does not scare me. I am confident that if we play our best game and the 49ers play their best game that we will beat them twice next year.
    Go Cards (Love the rivalry with the 49ers)

38. By Santos on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Niners will dominate the NFC West regardless of which player gets bent from any team in the West! Go Niners for Life!

39. By UT JD Niner on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Dockett says, “it’s a backyard fight. To me, I love those types of games.”

Maybe he should focus on shutting his mouth and WINNING those games instead of wasting his time ‘loving’ them. If I was a cards fan, that’s what I would want. But, hey, to each his own I suppose.

40. By universalastronomy on May 13, 2010 | Reply

as a hawks fan I’ve got to tell you guys, 9ers are the better team, they are the best in the west as well as being young and very, very hungry for success.
    Us cards / hawks / rams fans should be, honestly,,, worried. :(

Also I lol’d at the comments that 9ers have no QB when Smith closed out the year looking good and has some consistency of scheme this year… It’s the cards that dont have a QB!!

41. By wampag on May 13, 2010 | Reply

D- I know we need a cb or at least I think we do but what do you think about Shawne Merriman?

i think he would fit in great with what we have and then we could cycle players have fresh legs

what do you think?

42. By darrenurban on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Wampag –

I think Merriman wants a giant contract extension. And he’s coming off an awful year. I don’t see a fit.

43. By jason on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Life time niner fan from the bay. I lived in az for a short period of time, during football season, and the fans there don’t have the same intensity as niner fans. Much like the teams themselves. As for the bird fan that remarked about VD’s helmet gettin popped off: You are absolutley right, it did. AND he held onto the ball, got up, went back to the huddle, and scored a td, using his body to box out your “tough man” Wilson. Let’s see Breaston get up like that from a Dashon Goldson or TAYLOR MAYS hit!!!!!!! Division sweep for the niners, not just from the birds!!

44. By dylan on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

why so many 49er fans come on the cards page to talk crap to us? lol

45. By SierraVistaNick on May 13, 2010 | Reply

One of my best friends is a niner fan and we always look forward to the schedule. On game day we’re enemies!

46. By darrenurban on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Dylan –

I’m not going to complain. The more visitors, the more page views for me.

Darnell made sure Niner fans noticed the link yesterday. That helped.

47. By Stansclone on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Can’t wait for the beat-down of the niners and embarassment of thier front-running fans, it’s going to be a lot quieter around here when they all go back to ‘frisco, the land of fruits and nuts. AZ is solid, AZ is tough, on offense and defense. Whiz is building a juggernaut. A vicious defense with tons of depth, able to blitz from anywhere and sometimes everywhere, and an offense that will ram the football down down the opposition’s freaking throat. We can pass downfield just fine, but we don’t HAVE to. San Francisco hasn’t seen this team before, and once again your still steps behind. Arizona Cardinals 2010 NFC West Division Champs, San Fran #2 if you can beat Seattle.

48. By Gabriel T Flores III on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Niner Fan- I like the competitivness of dockett. That is a nice little rilvary they have built up for some motivation. Playing you guys is scary but i’m pretty sure we built our team around beating you guys so we seem to have your number as of late but i think this year your running game is going to be in great cause beanie wells looks like AP when he runs. + your line is good, big. Leihnart will be fine cause he knows the system and the running game is improved. You guys wong pass as much though. Fitz’s production is going to go down, i think but who knows. Im looking fwd to seeing those games and so is everyone else who like football. Our team (49ers)is going to be real good this year. All the fans and media have a sense of “We finally put it together” but of course some people need to come through like alex smith. And the O-Line. See ya soon…

49. By sign90now on May 13, 2010 | Reply

RG= REGGIE WELLS vs. Chilo Rachal… CARDS
    RT= BRANDON KEITH vs. Anthony Davis – Rookie… 49ers, loved in college
    PK= JAY FEELY vs. Shane Andrus… CARDS

IMO, CARDS win 6 spots and 49ers win 4 spots… FB and QB spots r draws

50. By christian on May 13, 2010 | Reply

darren-

i stay on twitter i know so much niner fans i get so much shhh from them i talk alot crap to people qhwn they try to hate on the cards especially when i go to watch games at the stadium and on myspace errrthhin lol but man i feel like im a part of the team man i talk about r guys to people like i know them and in training camp with them lol. its that cards love ive had for them since i was little.

51. By wampag on May 13, 2010 | Reply

D- gotta love the offseason apparently a computer doesn’t think we can win the division with ML this year

52. By sign90now on May 13, 2010 | Reply

and then her’s the DEFENSIVE breakdown by position…….

NT= ROBINSON/DAN WILLIAMS – Rookie vs. Aubrayo Franklin… 49ers
    LDE= Calais Campbell vs. Isaac Sopoaga….CARDS
    RDE= Darnell Dockett (PBer) vs. Justin Smith ( PB last yr.)…CARDS
    MILB= GERALD HAYES vs. Patrick Willis(PBer)…49ers
    TILB= PARIS LENON/DARYL WASHINGTON-Rookie vs.Takeo Spikes..49er
    WOLB= CLARK HAGGANS vs. Parys Haralson…CARDS
    SOLB= JOEY PORTER (PBer) vs. Manny Lawson( good player)….CARDS
    FS= KERRY RHODES vs. Dashon Goldson…CARDS
    SS= ADRIAN WILSON(PBer) vs. Michael Lewis(good plyr.)…CARDS
    LCB= D- R- C(PB last yr.) vs. Nate Clements(very good plyr.)…CARDS
    RCB=??? GREG TOLER vs. Shawntae Spencer (good plyr.)…49ers
    PUNTER= BEN GRAHAM vs. Andy Lee (PBer)…49ers

IMO, CARDS win 7 spots and 49ers win 5 spots…. although having a PRO BOWL PUNTER does change a lot of field position!!!

Urb, do u agree with most of these>>> 49er fans I am a CARDS fan 1st and a 49ers fan second… I love both teams and struggle when they play each other!!!

53. By 4ML on May 13, 2010 | Reply

This is great for the rivalry. Hope this game gets more media attention – because the game will be close buy Niners D is much better and will close out the game AGAIN. This is the year of the 9ers – Leinart will get benched before mid-season.

54. By Marc on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Mr. Dockett is always talkin smack on Twitter about the 9ers and constantly twittering P Willis and Vernon Davis. It is he who is causing the communication. We 9er fans normally would not visit this page, but we were invited by the Great Emcee Darnell Dockett. So stop thinking yourself special Cards fans. We won’t be back, unless DDock invites us.

55. By Marc on May 13, 2010 | Reply

9erFan76 @ddockett Check out #49ers TE @VernonDavis85 being interviewed by ESPN The Magazine for their July 2010 issue. http://twitgoo.com/via6u

56. By darrenurban on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Wampag –

I noticed that. I have the same story linked within the above blog.

57. By darrenurban on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Sign90 –

I think these breakdowns, while fun, mean little. I think overall the Cards would have won such “breakdowns” last season and yet the 49ers won twice. I also think, if the price of winning the division last year was suffering through a 49ers’ sweep, the players would have taken it. And I think if you told the 49ers (or the Cards, for that matter) you will be swept by your main division rival this year but still win the division, there isn’t one player who would turn that trade-off down.

(As for the breakdowns, you’d probably get arguments from places on RDE, WOLB, FS, P, among others).

58. By chris on May 13, 2010 | Reply

I’m a die hard a niner fan as there is and lifetime season ticket holder but I feel some of these niner “fans” are dumb all the trash that they are talking, I can’t talk junk to Cardinal fans because we haven’t made the playoffs in 7 years and they made the superbowl 2 years ago and that’s great we beat them twice last year but as an old school niner fan (not these new school niner fans with loser mentality and expectations) going 8-8 and sweeping the Cardinals is garbage, anything but the playoffs is garbage. Here is the truth keeping it real. If the 49ers had a real nfl qb they would win the division hands down, but we have THE worst starting qb in the nfl and perennial bust loser alice smith as the qb so we won’t…. Trust me Matt Leinert with the coaching of Ken Whisenhunt who has forgot more about the qb position than anybody in the niners organization knows will be FAR SUPERIOR to smith it’s obvious watch…. Once the niners stop trying to cram a square peg into a round hole and get rid of that bust alice smith the niners Will win this division consistently.

59. By Josh on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Ahh he’s backing down now. Best part is he just bashed all you Cards fans (the handfull of you out there) for being panzies. I can’t wait to watch Vernon run all over you again.

60. By Chad on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Chalk up 2 more this year, the cardinals were better the last two seasons then they are this year. And you are riding the shoulders of Matt Leinart, huh? That’s who is leading the huddle… I’d get Derek in there ASAP or you guys will be tangling with the hawks and rams for divisions worst.

61. By AZNiner on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Dockett better pack a freakin lunch. He’s gonna be on the field a lot when these two teams match up this year. Cards gonna come with their new ground game…..oooooooohhhhhhh nnnooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh…….SF was 6th vs the run last year, and is still a young defense getting better and better. Lots of 3 and outs for the Cards in week 12 and 17. I can’t wait! Maybe all their all the sudden, sporting brand new gear cause they have nothing old, fans will go back into the woodwork. Or in other words, become Dallas fans again………

62. By Ry9er on May 13, 2010 | Reply

9ers will sweep the cardingurls again this year. Only difference is we will be division leaders. You birdies love Docket so much, yet he knows you fans are soft. He said it himself. He wishes he had Die hard fans like the 9ers do!!!
    Patrick Willis for Governor!!!

63. By repAZ123 on May 13, 2010 | Reply

Its funny how all the 9er fans are so excited about Ginn. What has he done in the league? Return 2 kick offs for tds! congrats. He is an over paid kick off returner. the Niners have no passing game and Alex Smith had a fluke year last year. DRC is gonna be all over crabtree we will throw a double on davis and stuff the run with 8 guy all day and make alex smith fold like oragamy! We have 2 of the hardest hitting safeties in the league let Davis get over the top of our lbs and see what ADUB and KERRI got waiting for him!

64. By jizzmasterzero on May 13, 2010 | Reply

The niners have had the GREATEST QB OF ALL TIME, THE GREATEST WR OR ALL TIME, THE GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME, and until the Steelers won a sixth, the MOST LOMBARDIS OF ALL TIMES! These are two VERY different franchises. Sure the niners have been down for the last 8 years….but for Cardinals fans to say the 49ers suck is laughable! Apples to Oranges, BMW’s to Kias, mansion to trailerpark. Get a clue AZ fans, your ride is over…short lived, no trophy to show for it. Get back to the end of the line where you belong silly fans, your team has NOTHING compared to the rich tradition the 49ers possess.

65. By James Wine on May 13, 2010 | Reply

I think, as a Cards fan since the dawn of time and until my dying days, I and many others will laugh when we destroy any hopes the Niners have of resuscitating their franchise.

Victory will be ours.
    And it will come in twos.

66. By william B on May 13, 2010 | Reply

masterjizzer, You HAD was right. All of that happened back when my childern were born, they all have grown up, had childern of their own and the youngest are all in school . Where have you been? I think Joe started in 79 and was done as a starter in 90. He went K.C. in 92, however didn’t do anything his last two years. A great history, that has been over for a very long time .When eddie left and the yorks took over you were done. You had a great coach, walsh was a great one, he is dead (god bless him). Your now coach was a great player for da bears, he is the cryinest coach in ball, sad but true. You show signs of a good ball club, then you can not beat the lowest teams in ball. We here in the cards camp, are building on concrete. If you were not worried, you would not be at this website. You have good reason to be. You won the battles and lost the war.

67. By jDubb on May 14, 2010 | Reply

hahaha them tweets between these fools are hilarious!! man I love it!

I agree a bit with what some of you guys are saying.. us niner fans know of the great heritage we have, but we cant keep goin back to the past. We gotta give props to the Cards for bein the division champs, even tho the niners seem to play well against AZ. Lets dethrone them first, win some playoff games, then we can back it up. This year the division is def up for grabs.

MAN!! I CANT WAIT TIL THE SEASON!!

68. By brhokla on May 14, 2010 | Reply

I think this is so funny. It’s as if Card fans think the cards have done something. They have ZERO Rings and I won’t go to the we have 5 Rings. The truth is, the Niners match up very well the the Cards and vice versa. Flip a coin and it’s 50% sure to land on heads. Same goes with these two teams playing each other. Niners just landed on heads twice last season when we beat the Cards twice. As far as who is better! I like what the Niners are doing and where the team is going. I think the Analysis above of the defense and offensive players is a little off but hey it doesn’t matter. The Niners look like a team ready to bust out. They are very close to being the Best team in the West. They may already be. The season starts soon and time will tell. I do however look forward to this season and the games with the Cards. I’m more than sure every Card fan posting on here is worried and in the back of their mind is thinking, can we really beat this team? I give props however to the Card fans as they are better fans then the Ram fans who on their website will remove your posts, delete your account for even discussing the Ram/Niners rivalry. They did this even when the Rams were decent. Ram fans are the worst fans in football. Can’t talk to em, can’t debate with em, and can’t win with em.

69. By Keith on May 14, 2010 | Reply

Come to the Trash Talking Circle on youtube….the cardinals “college” backing the Cardinals brother….We got your back Darnell….We Do This Together….

70. By 949Cardsfan on May 14, 2010 | Reply

Went to Cards-Niners game in ‘Frisco’ 2 yrs ago. Been to games all over the country. ‘Frisco fan’ is by far the most clueless/ignorant fan in the counrty. I feel bad for the dozen or so knowledgable football fans in the bay area. You’re completely drowned out by embarassing, to soft to be Raider fan, grew up learning futbol not FOOTBALL, ‘Frisco Fan’…Sucks to be you.

71. By andtherwasaM on May 14, 2010 | Reply

I don’t see what vernon davis has on Adub…. adrian wil crack davis any day I think davis has another thing coming to him this year let’s go… adrian wilson smack him in da mouth

72. By Eazy E on May 15, 2010 | Reply

Vernon can’t handle a-dub PERIOD!!! He had a great year, but you gotta be consistent and that was his first great year. A-dub been dominating, 3-time pro bowler, great in coverage and in the run, blitzing, theirs nothing he can’t do on the football field, a great safety, top 3 safety!

73. By 49aRydah on May 15, 2010 | Reply

Chris you’re a jerk. Don’t need you as a niner fan. We’re better than that. Go Niners and F#(% the Cards. Haterz

74. By Trent on May 16, 2010 | Reply

Yall better watch out for that 49ers offense..aka Willis, Goldstien, Clements, Mays, Spikes, Franklin, Lawson, Brown, oh yeah and VD too lol.

75. By Trent on May 16, 2010 | Reply

Defense*

76. By Alex on May 16, 2010 | Reply

Cards main focus area this offseason is QB. who will be their starter? hope leonhardt isnt..

77. By James Wine on May 16, 2010 | Reply

I think you’re referring to “Leinart”…

He should do well.

“I find your lack of faith disturbing.”

That’s a Vader quote.

78. By motavaysean on May 18, 2010 | Reply

Yall better watch out for the 49er offense and then named the Defensive player’s LOL That’s 49er fans for you wow lol Alex smith lost his job to Shaun Hill LOL Lienart lost his to KURT WARNER. “Crabtree is going to have his first full camp and be better” lol so is BEANIE!!! We signd Captains and probolwers on both sides of the ball . You are excited about a WR that was such a bust he wasn’t even being used anymore lol i guess you can excited to use him on madden 11 LOL at least until they cut him truth hurts huh

79. By cardzallday on May 18, 2010 | Reply

MAN! cant wait for this season. die hard cards fan man but the games i love seeing are always cards vs 9ers (besides cowboys) i love big 9-0 but i hope he can back up what he says. dont get me wrong i love dockett i got his back just like he got A dubs. but man come on i seen a little slacking last season. lets just hope we have a good season and also beat our division rivals! lets get back to that big one and shut theese haters up! speaking of haters stop hating on matt! he will do good this year, besides we have a cannon name anderson and not only that but if all fails…. i cant wait to see Skelton! the future of the cardinals! much love to all fans, players, staff, coaches and to big Darren Urban! love your stuff man! read all the time! PEACE!

2. May 13, 2010: Dockett on the 49ers | Niners Central
  3. May 13, 2010: Top Posts — WordPress.com
  4. Jul 27, 2010: Word From the Birds Blog
  5. Jun 13, 2011: Word From the Birds BlogA-Dub emerges, and some other stuff «
  6. Oct 23, 2012: The Biggest Ego on Every NFL Team « Google Sports News
  7. Oct 23, 2012: Word From the Birds Blog | Campbell feeling his hate for Niners