A side trip

Posted by Darren Urban on June 9, 2010 – 3:30 am

Information will come out a bit different today. I’ll have an OTA update as soon as I can, but it’ll be coming long distance while I fly out to North Carolina to cover the retirement of Adrian Wilson’s high school number. That’s why I am up at this ungodly hour, about to leave for the airport. But it should be interesting, and I will have not only a story about the ceremony Thursday night (or Friday morning) but also a bigger story next month on just how Adrian became Adrian. And again, I’ll have info up later today on the next=to-last day of OTA. Oh, Adrian won’t be at today’s OTA either, FYI. He’s kinda busy.

P.S. Not a huge surprise at the news RFA Deuce Lutui is going to sign soon. The deadline to sign before the team can drop its offer is Tuesday. The smart money was always on Lutui signing before then.

Tags: ,

10 Responses to “A side trip”

1. By Mike on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

Looking forward to your stories about Wilson. I love his style of playing tough, hitting hard, and being a great leader.

2. By Joe-B on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

A-Dub plays football the way it is meant to be played. The refs should have never thrown the flag on the play where he nailed Vernon Davis in the opener.

Although that entire game was horribly officiated…

3. By Tony Hite on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

I can’t wait for the mini-Adrian Wilson biography! And thanks again for your commitment to bringing us great news on the Cardinals! Even at 3 in the morning!

4. By TBru on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

Congrats on this honor Adrian

5. By fightingbird on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

Hey Darren we live in Hickory ,NC about an hour and half from High Point.Whats the low down on Adrians ceremony . can fans attent or will it be private or at his High School stadium. Ive never been to something like that and I would like to see it if possible.

6. By darrenurban on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

fightingbird —

It’s at Andrews High School in High Point Thursday night. I don’t think it is open to the public, though.

7. By TRIGIDYWOOD on Jun 9, 2010 | Reply

Congrats Adrian on hangin up the 9′ Thank god ur a card.. Your the heart an soul of the cardinals..One day u will be in the ring of honor… Darren thanks for all the hard work u do for us fans an always keeping us posted…

8. By fightingbird on Jun 10, 2010 | Reply

Ok thanks Darren I figured it wouldnt but it never hurts to ask.

9. By Scott H on Jun 12, 2010 | Reply

Tick, tick, tick…late in the afternoon of June 12 and no Deuce signing yet. It’s a real shame that one of Adrian Wilson’s own teammates fails to learn from the example he sets. I think on the first day of training camp ( assuming that Lutui is actually there, of course! ), Wilson should lay an “accidental” welcome back hit on Deuce just to help him make up for the time he missed during OTA’s.

10. By Scott H on Jun 13, 2010 | Reply

….tick, tick, tick…10PM on the east coast right now and still no Deuce signing? Do they have this scheduled for 11:45 or so tomorrow night???