Wilson decides to Rage

Posted by Darren Urban on July 22, 2010 – 10:12 am

I know there have been a bunch of people wondering about The Big Red Rage after Bertrand Berry’s retirement. It’s official now; Adrian Wilson has agreed to take over the co-hosting spot with Ron Wolfley and Paul Calvisi. That should be a good thing (although my Wilson story being posted tomorrow is purely coincidental; it’s not like this is a big PR push).

Speaking of Wolf, how about this shot from the wayback machine, featuring (from left to right) Neil Lomax, Wolf, Vai Sikahema and Luis Sharpe once upon a time (Yes, I’ve been waiting for some reason to post this. This seems as good a time as any):

Tags: , , , ,

21 Responses to “Wilson decides to Rage”

1. By We'll miss Q on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

Darren, Any word on if the rage will still be held at Marjle’s in Chandler?

2. By justin on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

this is a great picture.

3. By UnHoly Diver on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

Wow, talk about a blast from the past. I always liked Lomax; he and Roy Green were as fun to watch as Jim Hart and Mel Gray back in the days of Air Coryell. It’s a shame the hip condition cut his career short.

4. By Rugbymuffin on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

I wanna see A-Dub stare down Paul Calvisi like he did Rich Eisen. Not like Paul did anything wrong but still it would be interesting to see.

5. By darrenurban on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

We’ll Miss –

It will still be at the Chandler Majerle’s, yes. There is a pre-camp show scheduled for July 29.

6. By TBru on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

new host for the BRR, does that mean we can get new intro music too, maybe one that doesn’t take 10 minutes lol

Bert will be missed though.

7. By Bryan on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

Was wondering about Stevie Baggs..is he going to male the 53 man roster?Also how much does he weigh if ya know?
    Thanks

8. By Logan Cooper on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

Thats not Wolf, that’s TIM Tebow.

9. By brad oneill on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

maybe he can help paul be more positive. I love wolf, that guy is all enthusiasm and one hundred percent fun but the second anything goes wrong in a game calvisi seems to be like “same old cardinals’ and it drives me freaking nuts. I am not saying he has to be a blind homer but I know when things are going bad i dont need him to add to my pain through end of the world commentary.

it is kind of funny that they will have a guy known for not talking being the radio guy. i think it will be great for A dub and great for the show but honestly i am going to miss Berry.

10. By Matt on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

Wolf used to be a good lookin cat,,,,,what happened?

11. By darrenurban on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

Bryan –

Baggs is listed at 240. As for making the team, it’s a little early to tell.

12. By Ditship on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

Berry will be missed for sure. Interesting that Wilson will be taking over. I think he would have been the last guy I would have named if asked who on our roster would take over hosting. I’m looking forward to.

13. By Don't Take Losses on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

I really like A-Dub. All pro and a gentle man.

And I really like Schofield already. Great note on his rehab.

14. By Peter in Canada on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

Bryan- I think Baggs will make the roster. He is a great pass rusher and he will show well in obvious passing situations.

Darren- do you know what Sikahema is doing now? I saw him guesting on Friday night fights about two years ago. He was extremely knowledgeable and I think he had just flattened Jose Canseco in a celebrity boxing match.

15. By Darthcard on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

Wilson taking over is awesome. To me it’s great because at least I never really hear much from him. IMO he’s not much of a talker. He’s more a destroyer. That picture is awesome. I never saw a game with those guys together. The only one I saw play was sharpe. Still the last pure LT they had. I remember these guys from super tecmo bowl.

16. By Thomas77 on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

Love it! Looking forward to the first BRR!

17. By darrenurban on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

Peter –

He is a sports anchor at a Philadelphia TV station.

18. By AndyStandsUp on Jul 22, 2010 | Reply

Nice pic.
    The hip, the lip, the special team zip and the cocaine cowchip.

19. By Troyboy on Jul 23, 2010 | Reply

A-dub is one of the top 2 or 3 SS in the league. Bar none. He is a ring of honor candidate, now. Forget the end of his career. I love me some CARDS…

20. By cardsfan89 on Jul 23, 2010 | Reply

Hi Darren, Loved the Wilson article and love the old picture. You should do an article every now and then about some of the older guys and let us see where they are now and what they are up to. Also any updates on how players of the past that are in need are being helped by the players assoc, or by current league, teams, and players.

2. Jul 22, 2010: Tweets that mention Word From the Birds Blog -- Topsy.com