Running back Beanie Wells was out and practicing (he did skip a couple of things) with his bad ribs today, although he did run in 11-on-11, breaking one away and getting thumped on another play that let everyone know he was OK. He is sore and he wants to play Saturday but that’ll be wait-and-see, both with Beanie’s injury and coach Ken Whisenhunt’s comfort that Wells won’t be further banged up.
– Vets day for guard Alan Faneca, so he sat. Wide receiver Steve Breaston came down briefly to the area where injured players rehab but then he went back to practice and took part. Not sure what that meant. Wide receiver Early Doucet was in practice gear but I don’t remember seeing him do too much.
– Cornerback Greg Toler hurt his ankle. Hopefully it isn’t a big deal. He needs some game time.
– At least for today, Pago Togafau replaced Monty Beisel alongside Paris Lenon as starting inside linebackers. Beisel was with the second unit. I still think that’s a spot they will be looking at.
– At lunchtime, Whisenhunt was praising linebacker Cody Brown. At practice, Brown was in at the quarterback a couple of times. He’s definitely a guy to keep an eye on Saturday.
– There were a couple of nice plays in the two-minute drill. A Matt Leinart pass went right through the hands of Andre Roberts, but Breaston was there to grab it anyway for a completion. And a play later, safety Adrian Wilson tried to jump an out route, and Larry Fitzgerald snagged the pass one-handed.
– Finally, we are using James Morris for fantasy football articles this season. Just go to the Fan Zone page and in the upper right hand corner you’ll see “Fantasy News.” Morris breaks down the upcoming drafts.
Tags: Adrian Wilson, Alan Faneca, Andre Roberts, Beanie Wells, Cody Brown, Early Doucet, fantasy football, Greg Toler, Ken Whisenhunt, Larry Fitzgerald, Matt Leinart, Monty Beisel, Pago Togafau, Paris Lenon, Steve Breaston
Posted in Blog | 33 Comments »