The Cardinals begin their final week of training camp in Flagstaff today. It’s a longer stretch — the final practice is Saturday morning, because the team doesn’t have its next preseason game until ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” telecast in Tennessee a week from today. Anway, here’s hoping the rain stays away.
Here are some points to touch on this morning:
– Around noon or 12:30, Matt Leinart speaks for the first time since he played Saturday night (by now, you’ve heard he didn’t meet with the media after the Texans game; he said it was a misunderstanding).
– If you are planning on coming up this week, keep an eye on the practice schedule. Things can change. Already, the Wednesday morning workout has been closed to the public, leaving just one morning practice — Friday — left to watch. And Wednesday has a night practice and not an afternoon workout. Because there aren’t morning practices, news — like injuries — are going to come late afternoon. Coach Ken Whisenhunt usually doesn’t volunteer such things.
– I am planning on doing a live chat Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. I’ll go at least an hour and maybe a little more depending on the questions. I will link to the page tomorrow.
– And the plan is to have a new podcast taped tomorrow morning too.
– Kurt Warner is going to do a few games for FOX as a color analyst. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t end up doing at least one Cardinals’ game. (Oops. Guess I should read all the way through the story I link to; Warner will be calling the Cardinals-Saints game Oct. 10).
– After the Titans’ game, the Cards, as you know, will spend the week in Nashville and go directly from there to Chicago for the third preseason game five days later (The Bears? In Chicago for the third preseason game? Who treats the third game of the preseason like it’s *@&%@%! *@&%@%!). Obviously there will be much more on that trip later.
Tags: Bears, Ken Whisenhunt, Kurt Warner, live chat, Matt Leinart, Titans, training camp
Posted in Blog | 43 Comments »