Cody Brown among cuts

Posted by Darren Urban on September 3, 2010 – 2:03 pm

Here are the players that have been reported as cut by the Cards so far; when coach Ken Whisenhunt meets with the media at 3 p.m. a full list is expected. Keep checking back here for updates.

Obviously G Reggie Wells was dealt. LB Gerald Hayes (back) was placed on PUP, meaning he’ll miss the first six weeks. And LB Mark Washington was waived/injured:

• TE Anthony Becht
  • WR Mike Jones
  • WR Onrea Jones
  • CB Justin Miller
  • G Jonathan Palmer
  • FB Charles Scott
  • WR Isaiah Williams

WR Max Komar tweeted he made the team, and QB John Skelton has also made the team. Matt Leinart hasn’t gone anywhere yet. Big surprise so far is Brown, given he was a second-round pick. Obviously he is a big disappointment, since the coaches knew what they had even though he didn’t play most of last year.

The Cards still have three moves to make by tomorrow.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

119 Responses to “Cody Brown among cuts”

1. By mike b on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

so after all the cuts do they then form the ps? btw im going to provide updates via twitter for you (at least rumors) im AZcard480 so If i get info ill send it to you so you can confirm it or not.

2. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

MikeB —

They can’t do a practice squad until Monday. Players have to get through waivers first, and the PS won’t be announced until Monday.

3. By R Robles on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Why Beisel Hes A Reliable Backup?

4. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

R Robles —

Went in a different direction. They like the other guys better.

5. By mike b on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

k thanks and how do you think KTAR is getting all this information I have been eying their twitter and they found out three cuts before you two (u and Somers) whatever the case ill try to relay the info to you guys

6. By phoenixraven1 on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

surprised on Baggs but when he got that much playing time last night I knew it wasn’t good for him…

7. By Rich on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

I knew Beisel and Becht were gone. Am very surprised about Cody Brown and Herman Johnson. Maybe last year’s draft wasn’t as strong as we thought.

8. By Rich on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Am I missing something? Other than Bridges, they now have no backup offensive tackle !

9. By K-DUB on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

WOW!! Becht, House (Herman), and Brown. I thought Brown had potential if only he had last year back. Also I fell bad for Monty and S. Baggs. Good luck to you all. And Matt if you’re updated on the list later I was one of the few that still believed…Good Luck again.

10. By Brad ONeill on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

is Herman eligible for practice squad. get that man on a diet. i hope we dont lose him to someone that likes their linemen fat. my guess is with the exception of wolf we wont be seeing any fatties around camp next year. the guys that came in lean just looked too good this year.

since wolf is the best talk radio guy in the valley i guess ken can’t cut him yet.

by the way i really appreciate the highlight videos put to the radio guys.

11. By Jarret on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Do yout think its possible they hold 4 qb’s for a few days while trying to work a trade?

12. By Tinted Face Shield on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

What do you think of the drafts that Whisenhunt has had?

13. By Fitz4Mtrushmore on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Do you know the status of the injuries to Adams & Beanie last night?

14. By K-DUB on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Was Monty, Cody, Herman, and Becht released to carry 4 QB’s and 6 WR?

15. By Nicholas B on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

There is a report that just surfaced (found it on google, searched 2010 Cardinasl roster cuts) that the Cardinals will keep 4 QBs for now, and continue to be open to a trade of Matt Leinart.

-Nick

16. By Frustrated on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

any lilihood that C. Brown ends up on the ps?

17. By NorCal Cards Fan on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

So with Johnson and Wells out, does that mean that Claxton is in?

18. By Brandon on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

If Skelton has indeed made the 53 man roster, and Cards liked Hall better then its bye bye for Leinart. They won’t keep 4 guys, and no way does Hall clear Waivers… what do you think Darren?“

19. By David C. on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Any word on Max Hall yet? Is it a given now he makes the squad since Skelton did?

20. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Rich —

I expect Johnson on the practice squad if he clears waivers.

21. By sean L on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Hey Darren was wondering what your thoughts were on Herman Johnson being cut ?Kinda out of left feild . I know he showed up to camp over weight but dame …… I was realy hoping we could have groomed him into the LG position when faneca contracts up !!!

22. By Bryan on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Wow…cutting a 2nd round pick…they cut a 3rd round pick few years ago Buster Davis I believe…who’s taking the blame for these huge busts????

23. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Jarret —

24. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Tinted —

I think there have been some misses, like any team. And it’s not like Whiz is a dictator, saying take this guy or that guy.

25. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Fitz4 —

No update today.

26. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

K-Dub —

Whiz will be talking soon.

27. By Cindi on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

I am so upset about Baggs. The Cards need to re-think that one! They are losing a good player who has a lot of heart. Come on Cards……SIGN STEVIE!!!!

28. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Sean L —

I think they want Herman on the PS.

29. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

David C —

It was a given even before last night.

30. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Brandon —

They may keep four.

31. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Frustrated —

He will be claimed by another team as a former second-round pick, so no.

32. By BR on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

It’s a non-player contract year so not sure if it still holds. In the past a veteran of so many years if they make the opening day roster is guaranteed money, so they have usually cut vets and then try to bring them back after the first week when money not guaranteed. This allows flexibility (and saves money) to cut and sign players later in the season as injuries occur. LB Monty Beisel might fit that category if it is still in affect.

33. By John on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

What are your percentages for Hayes and Schofield starting the season on PUP?

34. By Peter in Canada on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Darren- two of your ins are out (Becht, Johnson). One of the bubbles you projected to make it is out (Brown). So far you have a max mark of 50/53.
    You still have a shot at Prognosticator cum laude but u can’t afford too many more mistakes. But I really appreciate your effort.

35. By Nick Pepe on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

nevermind! caught the tail in – hope they post soon so I can see it in full

36. By R Robles on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Really I thought he Made More Plays Than Walker & Washington

37. By TBru on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

shocked about Biesel and Johnson
    Brown was a high pick but never played.
    I had a feeling Becht might go in favor of Dray.
    Hall has to make the team, no question.

38. By Josh on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Wow I cannot believe Brown was cut, and Herm Johnson, Beisal and Baggs. I’m still holding hope for Leinart, I still beleive in him and think he can be the man if he just gets the shot. I live in Ohio so I know first hand how Anderson can look good in preseason and stink it up in the season, soo i really do not have the confidence everyone else has in him because I have seen what he cannot do, my brother is a hardcore browns fan and he feels bad for me. if Leinart is cut I pray Anderson proves me wrong. Warner Please come back. Steve Williams better have made the team, he is a beast.

39. By Dre on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Wow, a second round pick out the window…that like cutting Dockett, C. Cambell or Dansby. I tell myself someone gets paid a lot of money to make decisions like that. How do we get better when we make big mistakes like that.

And Well traded for a sixth round pick…what are the Cardinals doing this year.
    And how do two undrafted rookies out shine rookies we drafted at the same positions. Like Marvin says “whats going on.”

40. By kauaicardsfan on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Hey Darren,
    Any guesstimates on the last 3 on the bubble?

41. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Kauai —

Gotta write right now.

42. By johnnybluenose on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

did charles scott show enough to get to the practice squad? or baggs?

43. By Mike Ellingboe on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

We seem a little thin at OLB right now, I thought I read something regarding the rules about what you can/can’t do with someone on the PUP list. Could you clarify that and give your thoughts as to whether this is to make sure a spot is cleared for Schofield after week #6?

44. By card62 on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Wow Cody Brown, Herman Johnson, and Charles Scott cut. Poor Scott did not receive much of a chance to make an impression. I am surprised by all 3 of these. Ben C. over Herman J. did not see that one coming. I do not disagree with any of the cuts just surprises me.

I agree with carrying the 4 QBs. Can make one or two inactive for games and gives us a chance to get a little something for Leinart in a trade or if Anderson is injured Leinart gets his chance.
    Go Cards!!!

45. By Brad ONeill on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

its far more harmful to the team to keep people because of there draft status than there skill sets.

a good team admits mistakes and moves on.

46. By Sean on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Darren, is that live stream the full press conference? I see about 4 minutes of it, then it goes to commercials and starts over.

Thanks

47. By TBru on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

how is that?

Brown was a 2, he got hurt, he was ineffective this year are we supposed to hold on to him forever because he was a 2nd rounder? For every Second rounder that gets cut it just means that someone else stepped up and took the spot. The Draft, free agency, trades UDFA’s CFL & UFL signees are all ways to acquire players spots are earned based on performance the best 53 make the team. I would rather have a guy who comes in and takes a spot, rather than one entitled to a spot base on draft position. Maybe if Brown were healthy last year he would have been further ahead. Can’t blame the scouts for a player that got hurt after the draft.

48. By Justin on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Wells for a 6th round pick is a pretty good deal in my opinion. Duece was gonna beat him out anyways and Rex Hadnot’s verstatility makes Wells expendable. Better to get something for him than nothing. Btw, I can’t believe Dre just compared a 2nd round pick who never panned out to 3 of them who have. Every now and then high draft picks don’t work out…it happens. I think he’s being overly critical. Stong drafting during the Rod Graves era is why this team has 2 straight NFC West titles and why we’ll get our 3rd this season.

49. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Sean —

The whole thing will be posted on the site later.

50. By Richard S on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Cody Brown #2 pick 2009; Hermann Johnson #5 pick 2009; Charles Scott – essentially our 6th round pick from 2010 all out; Reggie Wells 6a round 2003 essentially traded for a younger 6th round pick; 2010 Free agent signings still in – Stephen Williams 6’4″ 207 lbs. out of Toldeo, Max Hall BYU predicted to go in 6th round, ranked 9th among crop of QB”s by Russ Lande QB ratings and Max Komar WR from Idaho still among the ne’er been cut. I’m glad to see these undrafteds stick around. Good recruiting material for next year’s draft class knowing that 3 players made the roster at least so far from the Undrafteds.

51. By rio on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

I said yesterday that Anderson would make it, that guy can cover and what a hard hitter, out of Fresno State, he is a one tough player.

52. By Brad ONeill on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

there their they’re. damn i hate english.

53. By Sean L on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Darren if u dont mind please give me your guess on who will be cut tomarrow … my guess 1 Alfonso Smith
    2 Pago Togafau

Marshay Green
    Reggie Walker
    Trumaine McBride

54. By Sean L on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

my bad scott gone already …..#3Pago Togafau

55. By Ronnie on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

I think Matt has had his shot. If he really wanted to be the starting QB for this team he would have taken command of the huddle. I know he played well enough to be considered this pre-season but, to be honest, he looks like a defeated man. Personally, I say start Max Hall.

56. By latch on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

It seems you do not like anything that I have had to say; and that’s OK. I have been a fan since the 60’s which may even be before you were born and I would like to know how anyone could watch Coach Whiz’s roster cut video and question the man’s intelligence,honesty and overall character and still call themselves a fan of the Arizona Cardinals.

57. By Dom on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Why get rid of wells he consistant and healthy faneca not here forever and more reliable than lutui

58. By Scott H on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

I’m really not thrilled with the Wells trade at the moment…maybe I’m just being simple, but Reggie Wells isn’t exactly chopped liver. If we were going to trade him, couldn’t we have gotten something in return that we could use NOW??? We won’t know until next year what we’re actually getting for him, so…I’ll have to wait on that. But the Eagles got a guy they can use right now. Would’ve been nice if we would have gotten the same.

59. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Johnnyblue —

Not sure on either.

60. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Mike —

They will look at OB after six weeks, and decide to activate or put him on IR. And they will be looking at the waiver wire.

61. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Sean L —

I am just about toast here. Maybe I will guess tomorrow but mostly, I am thinking I’ll wait.

P.S. Leinart isn’t on your list …

62. By cardsfan28 on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Wow I cant believe Baggs is cut. Now he’s gonna go somewhere and woop butt. Say he’ll atleast make practice squad with Herman, Darren….any chance?

63. By Ben on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

This is so embarassing. We are going to be the Cleveland Browns now and fighting for a spot to play Denver in the Intagibles Bowl because our head coach can’t work with certain people, guess what coach that is your job. I am pretty sure Randy Moss was a jerk and Billichick learned to deal with him and you are the only head coach that hasn’t been able to work with ML. I hope for ML he can get the heck out of here. I wouldn’t want to be here either and I hope he goes to Seattle and the coaching staff has to watch ML on the sideline feeding Carroll what offensive plays were are running.

64. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Cardsfan28 —

The problem with Baggs is that he is older. Not sure they want to use up a spot, although I think they will probably consider him. They need an OLB around and Mark Washington is out because he was waived/injured.

65. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Ben —

Never understood a fan who was so mad he’d rather see his team lose.

66. By Stevan on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Sorry Cardinals but you made a HUGE Mistake cutting Stevie Baggs. He plays hard and gives 1000 % every time he steps onto the field! Again Ken Whiz KID You made a HUGE GIANT MISTAKE!!!!

67. By Stevan on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

You better get STEVIE BAGGS back before another team picks him up!

68. By Ben on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

I don’t want to lose but it seems inevitiable that we are going to be supbar and I sincerely hope I am wrong. I more want Whizhunt to lose because I don’t understand why a head coach puts his team in this situation with all this drama 8 days away from the opening game this should have been a dress rehersal for the regular season. No matter who the QB is everything is going to be nit picked to death it wont be fair to any of them. I personally know I would not perform well at my job if my boss didn’t trust me and didn’t care for me as a person and if it got to the point where I was getting humiliated, I would want to work with him any more.

69. By Carroll Jackson on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Glad they kept Skelton. A good QB. To bad Lienhart doen’t understnd that he does not measure up. He must have been good once. Not anymore, /are his eyes okay? He does not see the opening like Anderson and Hall do

70. By Ben on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Wouldn’t

71. By Andre on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

I think Ben is worried that we are going to lose. Not that he wants the Cards to lose. It might even be the same as the QB situation few years ago and have Matt starting and Anderson finishing the game.

72. By Ben on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Sage Rosenfels just went to the Giants

73. By Dustin D on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Ben,
    It is embarasing that you call yourself a fan. If Whiz doesn’t think Matt is the guy than i trust hes not the guy. Just because the media says all these bs stories between Matt and Whiz doesnt mean it is true. You, me, and nobody else knows as much as we think about Matt and Whiz’s relationship. So if you would like to see Matt go to Seattle and whatever else you said, then why dont you go to their website and tell them how big a fan you are. Have a nice day!

74. By mike b on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Darren-
    obviously I am one of the many who are (or was) rooting for Baggs, now I know he had a long shot and he seemed to be getting at the QB causing pressure but didn’t really get to him in time, I as well as others are wondering will he make ps. IMO I think he may be on his way to another team by then but I think eventually he will play football whether on out PS or return to Canada. your thoughts on this?

75. By mike b on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

wait forgetr that post Darren I didn’t see you answered it. but now I have another what are Chris Johnson, and A.J Jeffersons chances at this team?

76. By chad d. on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

o. jones in my opinion should have made it before komar. o jones is beast! will he be on the practice squad?

77. By Patrick on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Steven, Stevie Baggs was given the opportunity, but failed to meet expectations. I can understand a lot of Canadians like him because he played in Canadian league, but this is the NFL. Truth is Stevie Baggs would probably best fit CFL fans than NFL fans, he seems like a nice guy, but no NFL material.

78. By Gilbert on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

umm Ben,

as far as I can tell you don’t work for a NFL team. This is the nature of the league. Players get cut. Some get traded. Teams do what is best for the team and they try to cut deals with folks that are trying to do the best for their own team. Dealing Matt, who should carry some value, may not be that easy to do if others suspect they can simply sign him after he gets cut. By holding him, the Cards may actually get value for it. The player understand this, the coaches understand this and most of the fans get it too. The cards are trying to get some value in return for Matt rather than let him go for nothing. The track record for player moves has been pretty solid, I think I hold my judgement on team management and just enjoy the on-field product. I applaud them for what they’re doing with Matt and what they did with Wells and can’t wait for the start of the season. Go Cards!

79. By Cindi on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

I just don’t get the mentality here! There are 6 CB, 5 S, 6 WR and 3 OLB…..one OLB on the injured list. Ok, so why in the WORLD would you cut Baggs??? We do not need 6 CB, 5 S and 6 WR!! You can take out 2 CB, 2 S and 1 WR and still have room to add two more players!! Do the math. Put Baggs on the roster and Johnson too. My goodness….it is driving me crazy!!

80. By WC on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Ben –

Are you even a Cardinals fan?

I think you’re thinking things in the wrong order. Whisenhunt doesn’t trust ML AFTER he’s bombed so far in his career. Not Whisenhunt didn’t trust ML from the get go, forcing his productivity to decline.

81. By TucsonTim on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

The Cody Brown injury last year struck me as a little strange. How many defensive players break a wrist in pre-season and are lost for the whole season. It was just a little thing at the time that made me go hummm.

82. By kimberly on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

well all i want to say is…keeping leinart is stupid,i know whiz is not stupid and will make a right choice,but come on,he cant throw,he is afraid to get hit,he almost nearly killed fitz on the first preseason.thats not good,you got andersona and hall for a backup….get rid of leinart,or fans are gonna be leaving or losing games…im ready for another winning season,LETS GO CARDS!!! love the uniforms.

83. By modavayean on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Ben you are an embarrassment to cards fans everywhere. You come in here and have a temper tantrum about how our coahing staff is handling the QB situation. You should think and see that they are making the best decisions possible for our team. We won’t have 4 QB’s for long we are building value for a trade. You have know idea how this BUSSINESS is run and need to quit calling out our coaching staff. Because its one of the best in the league.

84. By Leinhart is the man on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

I truly believe matt leinhart should be our starting QB he takes care of the ball… he makes smart decisions… i haven’t been able to see game film so i don’t know about the sacks but i think he is the man… i think if we lose him pete carrol will pick him up and turn him into an all star! i think whiz just needs to have some blind faith because if DAis the starter here comes first overall pick!

85. By Brian R. on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Im assuming Cody Brown was a bust… What has Dan Williams done so far..?

86. By alex u on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

This is honestly going to be the longest 8 days ’till week one. Like waiting for X-mass, just way bigger and better. But about these roster cuts, which is always sad to see, i don’t see Jefferson, Smith or Togafau making it, then again, 4 QB’s just seems stupid to me. When do the next 3 roster cuts have to be by? 3pm EST?

87. By chris on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Come on Ben, you have to be kidding. Leinart can not be a starter in this league on any team other than jacksonville and even that is debatable. He has ZERO zip on any pass, and checks down faster than the pocket forms. Other teams see this and know just blitz him and he can’t react fast enough to hurt them. He is a career backup.

88. By cardinalchris on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Whoa there Ben!

Whiz has done more with this team than any coach in franchise history! I’m sure he would even admit to missing on some players, but he’s one rare coach that is trying to put the best team he can on the field. I’m not saying he gets a free pass on everything, but he certainly deserves a TON of room to operate!

Keep the guys that can play. Leinart can’t play. Not sure what you’ve been watching to indicate otherwise. I’m a fat 43 yr old that played high school QB and I could still complete every pass the limped arm stiff has completed in preseason or last season for that matter. He’s slow as a Cheesy Turd getting away from center and has never adjusted to the speed of the NFL.

Keep it up Whiz! Go CARDS!

89. By Bow on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Ben, you’re an idiot. You have no idea what Whiz thinks about ML. The fact is ML was outplayed by all three other QBs on the roster this pre season. ML has all the skill and talent he needs but still lacks the ability to lead and will not take responsibility for his mistakes.

90. By Ctownbeatdown on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

cody sucked, herman should play guard, tru stays on the team.

91. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

MikeB —

Johnson is an upset at this point but not hugely surprising given Hayes’ status. I still think Jefferson will end up PS.

92. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Chad D —

Onrea’s time may have run out in Arizona.

93. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Cindi —

By next week, I am pretty sure this will all balance out a little better.

94. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Brain R —

Williams has been quiet, but it is early.

95. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Alex U —

3 p.m. Az time.

96. By Tinted Face Shield on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Why are they waiting for 3 cuts? If they cut Leinart, that means either Jefferson, Johnson or Smtih makes it. Why and how are those guys still around?

Interesting how people are more shocked by Baggs being let go than a second round pick in Brown.

97. By NorCal Cards Fan on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Sign Maurice Clarett already!

98. By dan on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

So glad we cut Cody Brown, that dude sucked. Onrea Jones is pretty good but Max Komar is a stud. What I’m concerned about is our draft picks, sure we have some excellent draft picks but we also miss big time. I think the Cardinals need to hire me, I guarantee I can do a better job….hehe! Looks like Alfonso Smith might make the roster, looks like I hit that one on the head. Only thing I don’t like about him is he runs upright but he has shown good hands and holds onto the football.

99. By Tinted Face Shield on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I saw on cbssports.com that among the big names cut, 3 Cardinals (Brown, Beisel, Becht) were among them. More than any other team. My question is, what is your opinion about the cuts overall? Specifically those 3 guys.

100. By Jzoully on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Well Darren, I’m dissapointed and sad about the cuts. Three players I wanted to keep on the roster are gone. 1. Stevie Baggs – He was athletic and had superb ability to get to the running back. 2. Cody Brown – Wow. Come on he was our 2nd round pick you’ve got to be kidding. 3. Charles Scott – What happened, we traded Jorrick Calvin for him, he ran the ball very well.

101. By Nick Pepe on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Ben- can’t miss the opportunity to bash you as well. I agree, you are an idiot. You are not a fan and you can take your act elsewhere. Best staff and management we have had for …well maybe ever, and all you want to do wish bad on them. Not a fan. Not a supporter. Go “support” some other team. And when we shine, don’t come back, you will not be welcome.

102. By Calliope1951 on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

So they sign rookie FB Scott on 8/30 in trade from Eagles and cut him less than a week later? Sounds like an attempt to avoid paying into the rookie pool! Seems like a cruel trick to play on the rookies……..

103. By Donnie on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

so who gets the axe today Darren,heck go out on a limb bud..lol
    i`m thinkin Matt sez adios to the cards today and ends up backing up smith so he can rub it in after alex fails about 3 games in..what do you think?

104. By shep on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

to all you fans bashing Ben and Leinert, hope he gets picked up by another team and proves you wrong about him. Were you feeling about him this way his rookie year when he was given a chance to play and did just fine. Do you agree with your annointed Whisenhunt that he should be taking him through this process rather than have cut him loose before the pre season. The issue if Leinert can or can’t play…let him prove it with another team. If Wisenhunt has the doubts he has why did he keep him around the last few years…those are the issues and I agree with Ben.

105. By radierfan on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I hope you trade Matt Leinart to the Raiders he reminds me of Ken Stabler!

106. By Don't Take Losses on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Just saw yesterday’s presser. I continue to a amazed@ Whiz presence of mind, composure, careful; expression of thoughts and fair mindedness. Geez we got lucky on this guy. This guy’s got a plan and is unafraid. GO Cards!

107. By Nate on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Why would they cut stevie baggs, herman johnson, and onrea jones? they played pretty good.

108. By cards4ever on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

i keep hearing that the Cardinals are pushing to try and get Houshmanzadeh to add to our deadly receiving corps and becauseFitzgerald is not 100% healthy. Is this true Daren or is it just a rumor?

109. By DHALL on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Just heard we released Matt???? Is this true?

DHALL

110. By cards>niners on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

great, leinart is getting cut, wthec

111. By neptune032701 on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Looks like Matt’s getting the boot.

112. By cj on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Matt is being release.

113. By Darren Urban on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

cards4 —

Not sure that will happen.

114. By Darren Urban on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Tinted —

I don’t know how “big” those names were. The cuts were about expected.

115. By Robert on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I don’t believe the Housh rumors. It could have been coming from his agent or even the Seahawks to generate interest. The teams they named before he got cut had WR already or don’t want that salary.

Darren, It would be interesting for you to do a story later or present stats of how many 1st round picks and 2nd round picks from the last 15 yrs are still on rosters around the NFL. It’s probably less then everyone thinks.

116. By jim on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I wanted your thoughts on TJ Houshmandzadeh… Do you think a receiver like that would fit in good with a team like the cards…. If he would why doesnt the cards go after him….

117. By Darren Urban on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Jim —

And replace who? Breaston? Doucet? He is older and a guy who needs his catches. Don’t see him wanting to play second fiddle to Fitz.

118. By jeremy on Sep 5, 2010 | Reply

Don’t worry boys Stevie will come back to Canada and rip it up big mistake of letting him go. He looks better in the green and white anyways..

2. Sep 3, 2010: Cardinals Waive FB Charles Scott | The Other 31