Hall gets zinged

Posted by Darren Urban on September 3, 2010 – 1:41 pm

Last night, coach Ken Whisenhunt preached caution with rookie quarterback Max Hall. It seems the coaches — with some help from the media relations staff — did their best to get that message with Hall. Hall was asked to do a TV interview during the game (after he was out) and was hesitant to do it. But he was assured it was OK, and he did one. Moments later, quarterbacks coach Chris Miller came over and told Hall he needed to call upstairs to passing game coordinator Mike Miller right away.

Miller told Hall he had played well, but then told him angrily and in no uncertain terms Hall shouldn’t have been doing an interview, as it was a selfish act and not about the team. It was going to cost Hall a $1,000 fine, Miller told him, and that Hall needed to go back and talk to Chris Miller and arrange exactly how that was going to happen. Hall freaked out — “I was like a deer in the headlights,” he said — until he went back to Chris Miller, who couldn’t keep himself from laughing.

Hall said he hoped next year, when he wasn’t a rookie anymore, he might be able to repay the prank. For now, it was a sack he had to endure.

Tags: , ,

25 Responses to “Hall gets zinged”

1. By Deveau on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

I saw Max Hall on the phone last night, now it all makes sense. Good zing.

Side note, I saw somewhere that Baggs and Brown were cut today. That leaves Haggans and Porter as starters, with Davis backing them up. Are you worried about that lack of depth at that position now? Does this mean Schofield is rehabbing well and should be ready to play? Will we look at the waiver wire?

Kind regards,

Cris

2. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Deveau –

Have not heard yet.

3. By BIG RED on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

I heard TE becht got cut, any word on any other cuts??

4. By Nicholas B on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Max Komar sent out a tweet that said he made the 53 man roster…GOOD FOR HIM!!…I’m guessing since they kept ONLY 2 TEs that means 4 QBs at this point…

-Nick

5. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Nicholas –

They may keep three tight ends. We don’t know if Dray made it. I am hearing Skelton made it though.

6. By PATRICK on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Reggie Wells got cut

7. By PATRICK on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

or sorry traded to eagels

8. By PATRICK on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

sorry

9. By Judy on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Darren:
    I saw it posted that there was going to be a press conference today.If so what channel will it be on?

10. By NorCal Cards Fan on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Darren!

I know you said Dray will probably be a practice squad guy, but if the Becht cut is true and they already cut Byrd, seems like he will make it. I don’t remember from last year, but it seems that the Whiz keeps three tight ends. Is this true? Or will he just keep two? Does it depend on the QB situation? I love Drays’ hands and I think he could emerge later in the season. Is anyone else excited about this guy or is it just me?

11. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Judy –

We will stream it on azcardinals.com.

12. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

NorCal –

Looks like Dray might make it, yes.

13. By TBru on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

I am surprised Roger hasn’t concocted a plan to have every team announce their 53 man roster in prime time. The bubble guys reactions, good or bad caught on film.

14. By aaaaudio on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Love this story.

15. By Scott H on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Ooooh, good one! But let’s take it easy on this kid…he might be the future fo this team.

16. By TucsonTim on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Think about it, your funniest, most sinister, most diabolical pranks are on the people you love and trust the most. This little story speaks volumes about how this organization feels about this kid

17. By brazilian fan on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

if austin collie has made the place he is today… here’s the co-responsible… , they played toghether in college, right, darren? the guy is good… tough to whiz… I’d really like to see Leinart have a chance to start a few games to see what happens… but that is not up to me…
    darren… who do you think that is doing better in the fight between the rookie QB’s… hall or skelton?

18. By Darren Urban on Sep 3, 2010 | Reply

Brazilian –

Hall is clearly ahead at this point.

19. By SteelCardinal on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Ok first things first I am a die hard Steelers fan but living in Arizona for 20 years My Heart as a home team fan goes to the Card’s. I really think they were cheated out of the Superbowl by the officals. But anyway cutting beisel big mistake he is not a party favor you show off to your friends Komar BA (Bad Ass) Hall played a great game on Thurs but can he bring that game everyday or just play to fight for a spot same for Skelton. The big whole picture in this deal is everyone has played great. I really think that the one big picture that is really being missed is that if you look at the history of the Cards is that they had piss poor mangement and bad coaching until Wiz. Leinghart is a good QB but you have to look at this in an open picture so to speak. How would you feel if you were an All Star College QB broke records and then you entered the NFL and then were treated like some back woods trailer trash and abused by everyone around you, your confidence will definitley decrease. Max Hall awesome in Pre-Season but same ? can be asked of all the rest of the QB’s ( Can you really handle being in the game when the BS hits the fan. ) You will always try harder when you know that your chance to be apart of something but my question to you is are you just trying to make your name on paper or are you living the game? I think that every member of this Card’s team should look good and hard in the mirror and never forget how they got on this roster but how they love the game. And what they really believed how they got to the game. I LOVE MY CARD’S I really think that the people around them should also remember how you got your job in society you did what you needed to do……

20. By Go Cards on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Great story I seen his reaction on the phone…Hilarious.

21. By TBru on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Much more creative and fun than boring old carrying a vets pads or forced to sing for supper. Welcome to the NFL Max, you earned your spot.

22. By Nate on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

Nice, that’s a pretty good prank. $1,000 fine. lolz

23. By Brian R. on Sep 4, 2010 | Reply

I wanna see Max Hall get a start in regular season with our starters.

2. Sep 3, 2010: Top Posts — WordPress.com