Filling out the practice squad (and ice cream)

Posted by Darren Urban on September 6, 2010 – 3:05 pm

The Cardinals have put together a practice squad. Three newcomers are joining G Tom Pestock, T Herman Johnson and WR Isaiah Williams. RB Ian Johnson, cut by the Vikings, is best known for being the Boise State hero in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl who ended up proposing to his now-wife at University of Phoenix Stadium after the game. The Cards are also adding WR Tim Brown — no, not that one — who was cut by the Giants (and who played for receivers coach John McNulty when both were at Rutgers) and LB Curtis Gatewood, cut by the Redskins. Gatewood has bounced around with the Lions, Chiefs, Eagles and Steelers as well as an inside ‘backer. The Cardinals still have two spots to fill, although that is expected to happen sooner rather than later.

Oh, and it’s now official the Cards brought in the three waiver claim players: FB Jerome Johnson, LB Cyril Obiozor and CB Brandon McDonald.

P.S. Adrian Wilson and his foundation are hosting an ice cream social on tomorrow (Tuesday) from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Cold Stone Creamery headquarters in Scottsdale. (9311 E. Via De Ventura). Stop by and help A-Dub help the less fortunate. For more info: http://www.adrianwilsonfoundation.org/

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

66 Responses to “Filling out the practice squad (and ice cream)”

1. By cardsfan28 on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Hey Darren just wondering, what exactly did Dockett say about Bradford starting on Sunday? He wants to sack em that bad or what?

2. By Flood on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Every once in awhile, I hate being in the military. This is one of those times. Wish I could be there to see my favorite Cardinal and help those less fortunate at the same time. I guess I’ll just be there in spirit. Go Cards.

Does A-dub’s foundation have a website and a way to contribute (donate) if we can’t be there? Thanks.

3. By Darren Urban on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

CardsFan –

Nothing much. Just that he wants to get to every quarterback. He’s going to tone it down I’d guess.

4. By Darren Urban on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Flood (and anyone else looking for A-Dub info) –

5. By Don't Take Losses on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Highly recommend DA presser today. He is impressive. Now I understand why we are where we are. Gotta love it.

Darren: Any info on what happened to our rookie RB from Kentucky?

6. By LadyCard04 on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Pittsburgh has announced that Ben wasn’t chosen as captain (what a shocker). Have the Cardinals selected their captains yet? If so, who are they?

7. By ut cards 1 on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Hey Darren do you see the cards getting the fullback from the seahawks.GO CARDS

8. By Darren Urban on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Don’t Take –

Waived injured.

9. By Darren Urban on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

LadyCard –

Not yet.

10. By Darren Urban on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

UT Cards –

Probably not.

11. By MikeG on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Hey Darren–Nice Blogs the last couple days! How did
    Beanie Wells look today in practice??? I know he
    nicked that leg against the Redskins!!! Looking forward to him and Hightower getting off to a quick
    start against the Rams!!!

12. By Ron Duvall on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Any chance on Alfonso Smith making the practice squad?

13. By Steve on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Darren: watched a bit of Max Hall on youtube and he reminds me a bit of Drew Brees with his take charge attitude and toughness, not to mention they’re the same size. I’m hoping he develops and becomes as effective as Brees down the road.

14. By Paul on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Finally game 1 week. Darren, you and the web team are doing a fantastic job. Best NFL team web site by far. A lot of other sites don’t have any updated news for days. BTW, bet you are glad you won’t have to type the words McNabb and Leinart for the rest of the season. Unless we play them in the playoffs. :-)

15. By nolan on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

darren i know brandon mcdonald will not be given the starting job and that it will be an open competition but who do you you believe will start opposite drc?
    and whoeveer does start in st. louis is that open for change as the season rolls on?
    thanks d

16. By carlo7000 on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

darren

any comments by whisehunt about the new three players..about why they sign them

17. By Matt H on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

When’s the next Underground Darren?

18. By Darren Urban on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

MikeG –

Beanie was banged up, Whiz said. Just like I mentioned in the previous blog post.

19. By Darren Urban on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Ron –

20. By Darren Urban on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Nolan –

Toler will start.

And anyone can lose their job. But I don’t think Toler will.

21. By Darren Urban on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Carlo –

The moves were not announced before Whiz talked, so he has not explained his motives for getting them.

22. By Darren Urban on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Matt H –

Hopefully we will start getting one weekly starting this week. But scheduling issues have made it tough.

23. By Scott H on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Geez, when you go away for a weekend, you miss a lot when you’re a Cardinals fan! I go away on Friday, Leinart is still a Cardinal. I come back on Sunday, he’s a Texan. Ah well. Can’t hardly come as a surprise the way things were shaping up. Since I didn’t have a chance to comment on things the past few days, here goes. First, I reiterate that I wish Leinart well and I still hope to see him succeed somewhere, someday.
    Now that it’s all played out, I find serious fault with the coaches and their judgement on this one. It should NOT have played out like this. Sorry to criticize Whiz, but what sense does it make to say that you’re going to give a guy every chance to win the starting job and then give him so few opportunities during the pre-season??? This ended up being very unfair to Matt Leinart. AND why was there not more decisiveness from the beginning about a guy who has been here for the past several years? This whole thing didn’t feel right from the first quarter of the first pre-season game. It took entirely too long to come to a decision that should have been made much sooner. The end result is that our QB situation is not settled until a mere week before the season starts. And THAT situation is shaky at best. Our hopes for this season now lay in the hands of a QB who hasn’t played well since 2007, and two completely un-proven rookies. My sense is ( has been all along ) that the coaches were HOPING that Leinart would take control of this thing, when there should have been more CERTAINTY and CONFIDENCE and BELIEF that he was the guy, period. HOPE is what you have for a first year rookie, not a guy who’s been here since 2006. Since that’s apparently all they had, we ALL would have been better served ( Leinart, the team, the fans ) if they had let him go months ago and WENT WITH A PLAN THAT THEY HAD CONFIDENCE IN!!!

Darren – This is water under the bridge by now, I know, but there’s a reason I’m asking – how much did Warner’s retirement take the organization by surprise? My rant about poor planning and judgement by the coaches makes me wonder if the organization was actually planning for one year further down the road (when Warner’s contract was up ) when he decided to leave this year instead. Maybe they were planning on pursuing someone that they knew would be available at THAT time, but had their plans blown up when Warner took an early exit? Yeah, maybe I am grasping at straws here…I just want a reason to feel better about this. And this is what it’s come to – hoping that maybe they were forced into sticking with Leinart and scrambling to pick up Anderson because Warner’s retirement threw a monkey wrench into their plans. Sigh…is this even worthy of a response?

24. By Darren Urban on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Scott H –

RE: Warner retirement

I don’t know if I’d say took them by surprise. Make no mistake, when Warner signed his two-year deal before 2009 (and said he planned to play it out), they were counting on that. He made internal rumblings midway through last year he might hang it up after 2009, but he did the same thing midway through 2008 too. I think they hoped he’d do the same. Also, I think they hoped that once Kurt was out of the picture, Leinart would grab hold of the spot knowing it was his. Unfortunately, that didn’t happen either.

They didn’t “scramble” to take Anderson. They needed a veteran backup. He’s who they chose.

25. By Ctownbeatdown on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

How does everyone feel about Matty if we lost fitz for the season with a blown up knee? Really? You can’t throw to the best player in the league without almost killing him? He didn’t want Matt because matt isn’t a good quarterback. It’s really that simple. Yelling at your undrafted rookie free agent wide reciever to “find the ball” when the ball didn’t even make it to him. All the talk about D.A. going to be a turnover machine. It’s funny how people talk about how matt didn’t get a chance. But no one wants to give D.A. a chance.

26. By Louis on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Darren
    Why did they let go of Mauia week before the season start. The has now been cut 3 or 4 times now by the cardinals. any chance he could make the PS. I know it could be a long shot but do you think the cardinals would go after owen schmidt?

27. By joe again on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Everyone has been so totally consumed with the QB’s, but I think that the big story of this season could be the Cardinal’s defense.

Porter, Washington, Williams, Rhodes, Toler — we have upgraded big time.

Barring injury, I think our D could surprise a lot of people.

Darren, you talk to 9-0 and 24. How’s about you pass along the suggestion our D calls itself ‘The Heat Wave’ — cuz they bring the heat, it fits with the desert, and the wave part goes well with the Red Sea theme.

Nobody can withstand the Arizona Heat Wave. You’ll get fried!

28. By Darren Urban on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Louis –

They apparently want to see what Johnson can do at FB.

29. By David Robles on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Darren
    Do you know if the Cardinals are interested in Keaton Kristick LB who was cut by the fortyfakers.

30. By BluePitt on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

I just found out Leinart is with the texan’s now.. so from backup to backup..

31. By Jason on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

joe again –

the heat wave…….i like it.

32. By ben on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

hey darren its your hero again
    if all you so called cardinal fans arent expecting total west domination and a superbowl, what the eff are you doing here GO CARDS

33. By BluePitt on Sep 6, 2010 | Reply

Ctownbeatdown,
    On fitz: That is part of football, Fitz is not our whole team, and that was one throw, Q took those throws every other down but people called him injury prone when he got whacked catching in the middle. Whiz stated the Rook ran a poor route! If you get with the topic, read all of the comments you will understand the true problem most had, was the deal and how it shook down. It was not about who is better, but more so about Whiz calling it an open competition, giving no one a clue Matt wasn’t doing well(tons of #7 jerseys were sold) and giving D.A.3 times more playing time than Matt to take the starting spot. Whiz praises Matt all offseason, ota’s even camp then boom he sucks? When we all know the whole O looked bad. When D.A. started the O line got shuffled and was doing better. D.A had more time to “shake off the rust”. Matt had a total of 1 quarter combined play in the preseason. D.A had over 3.5 Quarters combined play time. And YES I know Matt had 5 years to prove him self here in AZ. But we are talking about this season and how it went down. I hope D.A does well, but am still pissed at how the deal went down on a human level.(dont screw with a dude just cut him and roll on) I dont even like Matty.

34. By cardinalsfan100 on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

darren,

how many team captains are there? who are they this year?

35. By BC on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

SCOTT H

Your big block of words/nonsense makes you sound like an idiot. Leinart was paid millions and millions of dollars by the organization and they got nothing in return for their investment. Anyone with any sort of football knowledge realizes that, at this point, Leinart isn’t good enough to be a starter here, or anyone else for that matter. Before you say, “well Whisenhunt said he was the guy”, just stop and get it thru your head that things change!!! Is that concept just too difficult to understand? Whisenhunt handled the situation just fine.
    Leinart lost his job because his performance wasn’t good enough. Plain and simple. Nothing more, nothing less. He is a backup in the NFL. That is the existence he has sown for himself. His work ethic is reportedly subpar, he has no presence in the pocket, no credibiliy amongst his peers, doesn’t lead touchdown drives and, despite all of that, still maintains a sense of entitlement that, is just bizarre because he hasn’t proven a damn thing.
    Not to mention the guy is a mess in front of a microphone. Have you ever heard someone say “ya know” more frequently? Ha. Watch/listen to any Matt Leinart interview and find out for yourself. The guy is fundamentally lacking in that his brain just processes things a bit slow. He obviously got a free pass in his COM225 Public Speaking class at USC. Please anyone who hasn’t noticed go and listen to some of the audio the guy has put on tape if you want to waste any more time of your life in regards to Leinart.
    What’s so hard to let go of SCOTT? He hasn’t experienced any real success on a football field since college. I could go on forever, but wont. All you Leinart apologists need to shut up about Whisenhunt’s handling of the QB situation. Enough already SCOTT/people!

36. By joe on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

hey I saw blount was cut i know whe like the hyphen and wright but honestly i never see either of thosing being much more than qadget or sp teams players. Tim looked decent by the last couple preseason games but i really was suprised by the lack of a run game for the most part in the preseason are we going after anyone else get some real competion in ther for our RB’s like we did our QB’s.

37. By Paul on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Any chance the Cards go after Tony Richardson?

38. By card62 on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Darren Why do you think the Cardinals decided to keep Ben C. over Reggie Wells and Herman Johnson?

Do you think our pass rush will be better this year over last year ?

Thank you and go Cards.

39. By Darren Urban on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

David –

40. By Darren Urban on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Cardinalsfan –

Nothing has been announced yet.

41. By Darren Urban on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Joe –

They aren’t going to sign any RBs.

42. By Darren Urban on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Paul –

He is back with the Jets.

43. By Darren Urban on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Card62 –

They like Claxton. Wells makes a heck of a lot more money for someone who wasn’t going to play. Herman is battling weight issues.

Yes, the pass rush should be better. I expect Campbell to have a big year.

44. By Peter in Canada on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

BC- In general, I agree with what you say. I think the people who are supporting Leinart were looking for complete honesty from the coach. However, I think those fans are being pretty naive. The coach can not be totally honest because (a) most people, and players are no different, can not handle the truth and (b ) it would put the club at a distinct disadvantage when trying to make trades.

45. By GJJ on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

I don’t know who made the decision..Marshay Green should have made this ball club..Tough Kid

46. By BluePitt on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

BC,
    Why don’t you shut up! (funny how all of the Matt hate posts like yours are keeping this going) The majority thinks the handling of Matt was tasteless and plain out unprofessional, regardless of play. Or at the very least could have been handled better. I haven’t seen one post in here saying Matt is the Cards savior just post’s stating that people thought he was better than D.A. and not given as much time in the Preseason unlike D.A. Look it up all over the Net, every one says he sucks but they will point out how wrong it was when it all went down. Oh and are you serious on the public speaking thing? you cant be…
    OK lets see Dansby couldn’t speak for crap, he sounded like he was mumbling in fast forward and his slang-draw was impossible to understand at times when he used it, how about Chris Jonson? Mr slaing “hay mang just gvn da props to my leine” and the spelling is just how he says it! how about VY’s slaing or Rogers Um,Um,UM,.. do they all suck to? Get a clue dude before you slam people with STUPID PR speaking stuff.

47. By Wampag on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

hey D did you get my e-mail

48. By Darren Urban on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Wampag –

I did. Haven’t had a chance to read it yet — wouldn’t open on my Blackberry.

49. By carlo7000 on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

darren

at this point with the sign of brandon macdonald you dont see useless the spot on the roster for macbride???especially because we are thin at mlb

50. By Scott H on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

BluePitt-
    Hey, thanks for having my back! But I can handle this idiot myself, thanks.

BC -

I must say, you sound like quite an experienced idiot yourself! Had lots of practice, have you? It shows. Look, I’m done with this. Call me an idiot, tell me to shut up ( I won’t, of course! ), I really don’t care. I don’t have to defend my opinion on things to someone like you. Come Sunday, i’m rooting for the Cardinals. Doesn’t matter who the QB is. If he’s playing well and the team is winning, I’ll be happy. If he’s not playing well and the team is losing, I’ll be very un-happy. I’d say the same thing if Leinart were here and Anderson were gone. And by the way, if you want to hear the ultimate in idiocy, please read your own comments regarding how Leinart is a mess in front of a microphone. Really. Is that the best you can do??? If Leinart were winning games and putting up really good numbers ( here or anywhere, present or future ), would anyone really care? I woudln’t and I don’t think you would, either. Then again…you might. Leinart ain’t the only one who is fundamentally lacking in the brain department…

51. By Darren Urban on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Carlo –

Right now, they don’t know what they have in McDonald. So cutting guys willy-nilly probably isn’t a good move.

52. By TBru on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Is it Sunday yet?

53. By joe again on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

@Blue Pitt/Scott H-

I disagree with you both — I think Coach Whiz handled a tough situation with his QB’s in the most fair, professional way possible. Does that mean I should shut up, too, cuz I’m an idiot?

54. By Tyrelle on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Is Anderson doing a good job of spreading the ball to more then just one receiver?

55. By Modavaysean on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

To Urban are we still trying to sign Owen Schmitt – To Blue Pitt and Scott H Leave BC alone he didn’t say anything wrong. Matt was supposed to be our leader and we invested a lot of money and time in him and he was GARBAGE on the feild when it came to playig time. He may have looked like a super star in practise but during playing time he can’t handle the pressure and it was obvious. Why u guys are coming down on BC so hard for saying the truth I dont know. You must be USC fans or something. He had way more than 1 quarter in the preseason and he was throwing it to check down recievers to much and turning into a jerk when he made mistakes. The team as a whole didn’t want to go to battle with him. The staff wanted to see if they waisted there time and they did. He should have been blowing DA away in this competition and he wasn’t he wasn’t even winning it. Matt should have tried to throw the ball down field but it seemed he was scared to. He lost his job himself and im finding hard that anyone who watched all 4 preseasn games wouldnt agree. His attitude stank his game stank he stank and ya when he goes on TV with his ball cap side ways and has that deer staring into headlights look talking like he did fine when he didn’t, it made me sick to my stomache and it is embarrassing when the leader of ur team talks like a spoiled jerk who doesn’t care if he won or lost. You too (Blue and Scoott H) had no good reason to go off on BC like that. other than maybe you really liked Matt Lienart and thought he was better than he was but YOU TOO are the ones who are wrong. Matt is a BUST and good riddance. Glad he went to and afc team not a nfc west team. San Fransisco just signed Troy smith so you no they were trying to get him. That would have been bad not bc Matt would be there QB bc of what he would have leaked to them. The Card staff handled this the bast way they could have and if there was a little jab in Matts side on the way out trust me he deserved it and the whole team couldn’t care less. Only you MATT Whineart fans are mad about this. NO 1 else cares. DA was signed bc he can be a good QB and he proved it in 07 when he went to the probowl in the NFL!!!! Matt did great in COLLEGE!!! but thats college. He hasn’t done squat to prove himself to be NFL ready. He sucked as a rookie and was imature. He sucked in the 2010 preseason and was STILL imature. Attitude can go a long way when it comes to TEAM chemistry and our team would rather play for DA. You too are boneheads and shouldn’t be coming to the Cardinals TEAM comment room blasting our coaching staff bc they let go of ur favorite college QB. Our coaching staff did everything they could and Matt BLEW IT himself PERIOD!!!

56. By Ditship on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Did Cody Brown clear waivers? I had heard that the Jets picked him up but I don’t think that’s true. It seems like he’d have cleared by now yet I don’t see him on the PS.. Ouch..

57. By Wampag on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

cool let me know what you think

58. By Darren Urban on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Tyrelle –

We will see.

59. By Darren Urban on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Modavay –

The roster is set for now, I believe.

60. By Darren Urban on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Ditship –

Just saw an AP report today that the Jets did put him on their practice squad. Which means he had to clear waivers, because if a guy is claimed, he has to go on the active roster.

61. By Scott H on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

joe again & Modavaysean-

Hate to sound like a first grader, but…he said it first! Seriously. Before you jumped in to defend BC did you happen to notice that the name calling and telling people to shut up started with him, in his response to my post from earlier. Gimme a break, folks. The really fun thing about being a sports fan is very often the difference of opinions that leads to discussion and debate. I have no problem with that. I’m quite sure I do sound like an idiot to some people. Many people sound like idiots to me. But I don’t go out of my way to assault people’s opinions by calling them idiots and I don’t tell people to shut up. What I will do, however, is respond to anyone who brings that “crap” my way. If there’s a problem with that, then I don’t know what to tell ya. If you’re gonna bring it, then be prepared to have it brought back to you. I initially did nothing but express an opinion. Read my post from 9/6. I called no one an idiot and told no one to shut ( I STILL haven’t told anyone to shut up! ). BC responds by calling ME an idiot and telling ME to shut up…but when I respond to that, I get told that I should leave BC alone because HE didn’t say anything wrong??? I beg to differ. Let’s at least be consistent, folks.

62. By Modavaysean on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

@Scott H – BC wasn’t blasting our coaching staff you were. I don’t think he said anything wrong bc i believe HE had a good reason to tell you, your an idiot and to SHUT UP. Don’t come on the cardinals comment board talking smack about our coaching staff and maybe you wouldn’t be told to shut it. You sounded like a whiney spoiled little rich kid just like Matt Leinart complaining that our coaching staff did something wrong when you sir obviously don’t know jack, so you CAN defend ourself, but YOU WERE WRONG.

63. By scott023 on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Scott H. – Our coaching staff felt D.A. was the man not Matt. I can tell you this, they are very good at picking the best man for the job. If you really think they back stabbed Matt, think again. Coach Whiz has an open door to all players. Matt went to the press and then went to see the coach after he cried to the press. Like it or not, coach Whiz has a job to do. I was not there on the inside and you were not either. Coach Whiz said many factors were looked at to make this call.He is great coach and I don’t believe for one minute Matt got a raw deal. He told Matt he was the starter before preseason, then Matt did not bring it. I guess because he was told at the start he is the man, then even if he flops he still get’s to keep it, because coach said! You know better than that this is the real world. Would keep your job if you dropped off? His job is to put the best man in that position to win. Please we need to stop this trash. It’s over and we are all cardinal fans, they need our support. We must trust the coaching staff that got us here, and we are here to stay! Go Cards!!!

64. By BluePitt on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

joe again and Modavaysean’
    First to Joe again, “One reason this blog is so great is becuz it isnt filled with all the name calling and vitriol that you find in every other sports blog. Please take that crap elsewhere.” YOU SAID IT!!! NOW GO LOOK AT BC’s Post to Scott witch started the name calling we will and have the right to respond! So you agree with BC so he can call names?

Modavaysean,
    I will quote you (1.) ” i believe ” (2.)”Don’t come on the cardinals comment board talking smack about our coaching staff and maybe you wouldn’t be told to shut it. ” (3.) “you sir obviously don’t know jack” “so you CAN defend ourself, but YOU WERE WRONG.”

On your first quote: We don’t care what you believe, but you are welcome to your opinion that is what this blog is all about!

Second quote: Who are you, telling people what they can and cant say! why didn’t you bash all the other posters in the other blog “As Leinart departs”? the majority felt it was handled wrong as well.

Third Quote: How do you know he is wrong? Tons of people agree it was handled wrong, look it up and Leinart gave us a better chance than D.A that is just our opinion and we are welcome to it and hopefully wrong! SO YOU “MAM” DON’T KNOW JACK!! That is my opinion!

scott023, I appreciate your opinion, and how respectful and to the point it was. Take note BC!

65. By CrazyLady25 on Sep 7, 2010 | Reply

Hey, everyone is in love with Max Hall. I like the fire he has, but I don’t see him as anything but a backup here. He doesn’t have the arm strength needed for Coach Whiz’s offense. Forget the run on 1st and 2nd downs, Stephen Williams is too good to keep off the field. We’ll run plenty of 4 or 5 receiver sets (including THT and Ben Patrick).

Hall is a Godsend because he can take the #2 QB job, while giving John Skelton a chance to really develop.

66. By Scott H on Sep 8, 2010 | Reply

Scott023 –Very well said. And I hear you. I don’t expect people to remember every post I put out theer but when Whiz named Anderson the starter for the third pre-season game, I had no problem with that ( where many others did ) because I know that’s the kind of coach he is. I know he’s gonna pick the best man for the job. Because he does things that way, Kurt Warner ressurected his career and took us to a Super Bowl. There’s not another coach in the NFL that I would rather have than Ken Wisenhunt, and that’s a fact. And I will now address the rest of my comments to…

Modavaysean – Despite my trust in Wisenhunt and his staff, I am not a blind follower. I was FAR from alone in my opinion of how the QB thing was handled this year. And my opinions are not right or wrong because YOU say so. I don’t know what your definition of “fan” is and I don’t really care. According to my definition ( also NOT subject to your approval ), you can bleed Cardinal red and live and die with them every year no matter what, yet still have concerns for how things are done and even ( God forbid! ) openly question some of those things along the way. I’ll bet Ken Wisenhunt wouldn’t have a problem with that. If you do, then that’s your problem. You seem to want to have some type of authority here to tell us all who is right and wrong, who has a right to say what, and who shouldn’t say anything at all. Trouble is, you don’t. That, too, is your problem. Worry about your own opinions, let me worry about mine. And as to your commenst that I sounded like a whiney little rich kid…ya know what? I’d really like to tell you what you sound like but out of respect for the others who read these blogs, I’ll take the high road there. You, sir, should try that some time.