Beanie officially questionable

Posted by Darren Urban on September 10, 2010 – 12:35 pm

The Cardinals are done with their practice for the week and for a third straight day, running back Beanie Wells did not practice with his bad knee. He will be officially listed as questionable for the game.

“Like I said, we do have three (other) backs we feel good about,” coach Ken Whisenhunt said. “So even if he is in a spot role, that is something I think Beanie could do. As far as starting, I’d have concerns about that but getting in for a couple carries here and there or just contributing, that’s not as big of a factor with where he has been.”

One of those other backs is Jason Wright, who was limited again with his sore toe. He too is listed as questionable. Everyone else on the injury report practiced fully and is listed as probable. Given the fact Beanie hasn’t practiced at all, I would be surprised if he plays Sunday. Very rarely does a guy miss all three practices and play — the only one to do it in the Whisenhunt era that I can recall was Adrian Wilson, who did so against the Bills back in 2008. He did make the play of the game, knocking out Bills QB Trent Edwards, but the bottom line was Wilson still only played six snaps that day.

And so, it’s time for the Rams.

Tags: , , ,

23 Responses to “Beanie officially questionable”

1. By Tyler on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

Any news on the punt return job?

2. By A-Ruff on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

Well, looks like i’m benching him this week on my fantasy roster this week! lol He’ll be fine. Can’t wait till sunday!!!

3. By Darren Urban on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

Tyler —

TBA Sunday.

4. By Tyrelle on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

Mr Urban, is the team coming together as one? How are they feeling together as a team?

5. By Darren Urban on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

Tyrelle —

Not even sure how to answer that one …

6. By Kurt on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

I would not be surprised to see Joey Porter register 3 sacks in his Cardinal Debut. All the experts will choke once they see the 49’ers struggle with the Seahawks and this Cardinal Defense in Action for the 1st time.

7. By Brad ONeill on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

darren im curious about how fitz and derek are doing. Fitz said he had never even taken a snap with derek and i am wondering how they looked on the field together?

8. By Darren Urban on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

Brad —

Maybe Fitz has never taken a snap with Derek in a game, but they have worked together at times in the offseason and camp. They will do fine.

9. By Stevie on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

Just listened to the Big Red Rage with Derek Anderson and I was impressed. Adrian Wilson sure thinks a lot of him and he (Derek) seemed relaxed and knowledgeable about the team and their schemes. I like what I heard in his voice about him leading the team in the huddle and meshing well with the team. He has an appreciation not only for the star veterans, but also for the lesser known guys and the rookies. It is obvious he wants to be here and it seems he has the confidence of the Cardinal players and the coaches. I am really looking forwrd to Sunday.

10. By Nick Pepe on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!! Let’s go Cards, bring it home.

11. By Jon L on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

I think Timmy H. is going to explode in this game for some massive yards. No one seems to give him any credit and so many people say that he doesn’t have breakaway speed but I remember watching in awe that first play against the saints when he took it to the house for 70 yards. Darren how many plays do you think LSH will get? Coach Whiz has don nothing but praise him all summer.

12. By Darren Urban on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

Jon L —

If Beanie doesn’t play I expect a healthy dose of Hyphen. How many plays, however, is tougher to tell.

13. By TBru on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

Beanie officially questionable

after my comment on the Hightower cups thread, so am I

14. By Tyrelle on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

lol Easy way to put is, are they coming together as a team? Is everyone getting along well?

15. By Darren Urban on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

Tyrelle —

It seems OK. But if they lose on Sunday, does it matter?

16. By Chris Hill on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

Just curious here, but why don’t the cards try using Hyphen for punt returns? He’s obviously shown that he can be explosive with the ball in his hands.

17. By Darren Urban on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

Chris —

Returning punts and returning kickoffs are two totally different parts of the game, and if a guy has not done it up until this point, there is usually a reason.

18. By CK London on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

DA throwing to Larry should greatly worry other NFC West teams. O line looks reinforced & defence stronger. From this side of the pond – it WILL BE ANOTHER GREAT SEASON for the Cards. Good luck everyone & excellent work Darren as usual!!

19. By anthony on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

keep him healthy. he’s my fantasy sleeper!

20. By MIKEG on Sep 10, 2010 | Reply

Hey Darren-Nice article on Williams and Washington. I
    think both will get playing time and hopefully they will contribute. I’m expecting the D to play well this week. We should have the advantage at the line of scrimmage. If we play clean and don’t turn it over– Cards 24–Rams 13!

21. By Jeff Gollin on Sep 11, 2010 | Reply

I read somewhere that our recent FB pickup (Jeremy Johnson) was less a lead-blocker and better in a pass-catching/short yardage role.

Is it possible that, in a pinch, the Cards might line Johnson up deep and use him on blast plays between the tackles?

22. By Darren Urban on Sep 11, 2010 | Reply

Jeff —

Don’t know. He’s been here for three practices. I don’t know if he will do much of anything.

2. Sep 10, 2010: Breaking down the Rams run defense vs. Arizona « Acrylic Sports