• Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.

Beanie, Watson inactive

Posted by Darren Urban on September 12, 2010 – 11:44 am

RB Beanie Wells (knee) is indeed inactive today. No surprise. Slightly a surprise is NT Gabe Watson, who is the odd man out on the defensive line — and it means rookie Dan Williams has moved ahead of Watson on the depth chart behind starter Bryan Robinson. WR Andre Roberts is also sitting, so fellow rookie WR Max Komar was the choice to be active and probably return punts. The rest of the men sitting out today:

• QB John Skelton
  • CB A.J. Jefferson
  • CB Brandon McDonald
  • LB Cyril Obiozor
  • C Ben Claxton

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

56 Responses to “Beanie, Watson inactive”

1. By Fitz4Mtrushmore on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Does Watson have some sort of injury? This move is very puzzling & makes no sense at all.

2. By Tyrelle on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Lets Go Cardinals.

3. By Rick on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Surprised by Gabe Watson. Everything pointed to him having a good preseason. Not sure what we are going to get today but looking forward to kick-off.

4. By Brent on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

I know Beanie has a sore knee but is there an official diagnosis on it? like a knee bruise or something,or is he just saying it is sore?

5. By Darren Urban on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Fitz4 –

No. He is a healthy scratch.

6. By Darren Urban on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Brent –

Beanie said last week it was a bruise.

7. By HyphenStandsUp on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Watson isn’t on the active squad because Alan Branch can play NT or DE.
    Before last year, I wouldn’t have bet that.

8. By chad d. on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

darren, what radio station does the game come on here in the valley?

9. By tRiGiDy22 on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Thanks 2 hightower an putting the ball on the ground!! We didnt get 7! D is strong an ADUB comes threw again on that BLOCK Hightower Dinner on u 2 YO ADRIAN!!!!!

10. By tRiGiDy22 on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Darren looked like DA was scared throwing the ball too the GREATEST WR of all time…. Lets go Bigred!!!! PS ADUB AGAIN The Beast! Block an INT

11. By Darren Urban on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Chad D –

Try KTAR 92.3 FM.

12. By Wampag on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

D- don’t want to jinx him but I gotta tell you I LOVE the HYPHEN

13. By cardsalltheway on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

I know it’s a bit early but the Cards are only tied with the Rams 10-10 at halftime. I think the Cards have too many BIG HEADS!, it doesn’t look good.

14. By GMoney on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

I’m watching the game and all I can think is “Matt could make that pass.” I’m still thinking Whiz was wrong.

15. By Tyrelle on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

What will they do about Anderson?

16. By cardsalltheway on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Now it’s 13 – 10 the Rams are ahead. But, that’s okay so are the SeaChickens. It’s really too bad the Cards think it’s okay to tweet stupid stuff. Tweeting is NOT part of football.

17. By cardsalltheway on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

It’s getting worse by the minute. Thanks to D give it away Anderson. With all the nonsense, I’ve chosen to root for my other favorite team. Go RAMS. So, what if DA can’t do it? This is another matter I DISAGREE with Whiz-in-consistent-hunt. HALL is NOT the man, what does it take for someone to see the light? I’m back if Skelton is the man. Obviously DA is NOT. Oh wait, is he hurt. Probably, he doesn’t want any part of the RAMS!!!!

18. By Darren Urban on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Tyrelle –

That’s your quarterback for now.

19. By Brad ONeill on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

is it too early to start calling for hall!!!!!! I dont understand why fitz is still in there I know he is great but obviously the timing just isnt there get someone in that derek has been connecting with!

20. By Darren Urban on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Cardsall –

What kind of fan roots for two teams in the same division?

21. By cardsalltheway on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Things are looking good as long as DA doesn’t give it away. Hey, that rhymes!

22. By cardsalltheway on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

I think the Cards should use the blind side of a barn for DA’s target practice.

23. By Kaweah Worthen on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Are there any midget receivers out there looking to play fb? Anderson would put the ball in their hands right on the money!!!!!!!!!

24. By CNelson on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Im proud of our D and the progress they made!

Do you see A-Dub as the nfc defencive player of the week?

25. By Baded on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

DA is hot head always ready to place blame elsewhere

26. By Wampag on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

hey why do our RB’s fumble this is a serious problem

27. By frankie Garza on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

did stephen williams play???

28. By TBru on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

it was ugly, but it was a W. What do we have to do to get the RB’s to hold on to the !@#$ football, after the last fumble I honestly thought they were going to loose. The Defense looked great short of a few offsides penalties. I don’t think ADub will be on Bradford’s Christmas card list. Campbell is a beast. I think my favorite play of the game, was the pure determination on Breaston’s part to force the fumble and save a TD he knew he couldn’t tackle that dude but love how he just went in and pounded the ball out his hands. Fantasy football move of the week, I put the Cards D in over San Francisco, who were started by 95% of the yahoo leagues, thank you very much. I was happy to Larry catch the TD after all the bla bla bla that he and Anderson had bad timing. The offense is a work in progress, if we can fix the fumbles and penalties we should be fine.

29. By Bryan on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

DU,

Question in regards to DA’s game today? Is it by the coaches design when DA does a play action he doesn’t really even fake the handoff? I could swear that Warner and Qbs like Manning, Brady etc actually sell the fake much more than DA appears to. Is this just sloppy QB work by Anderson or how

30. By HernandezTony on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Hey Darren,

Can you and the other guys who tweet come up a universal hashtag. People tweet with #Cardinals but that gets mixed with the guys in St. Louis. Maybe #AZCards ? Short (allows for longer tweets) and it gets to the point. If you, @cardsontheair, and everyone else did it, it would be great for everyone. US Soccer requested that, and after awhile, everyone knows that #USMNT (US Men’s National Team) is the hashtag. Just a suggestion.

31. By 98CardsFan on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

think anybody wants to see some completed checkdowns now?

32. By TucsonTim on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

When is Grimm going to take responsibility for the O-line play?

I’m curious, how many hall of fame players have moved on to be successful coaches?

After watching that beating, no wonder Warner didn’t hesitate about returning.

33. By TucsonTim on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Considering the beating taken by Anderson at the hands of the Rams, do you think Coach Whiz will go into anymore games this season with only 2 active QB’s?

34. By TucsonTim on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Boldin used to be our emergency QB, who fills that role now?

35. By Dave on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

I agree w/ Darren. Who roots for 2 teams from the same division? I never saw someone pull for the cowboys and giants. Stupid.

36. By andrew on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

-Darren well actually i think hall IS the guy he proved it in the final preseasongame no int’s and 2 td’s was it? darren wat do u think??is max hall the guy instead of DA or is DA gonna get better down the stretch?

37. By Brad ONeill on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

would it be considered a cheap shot to wonder aloud if the timmy hightower commemorative cup can in fact hold soda?

38. By MIKEFLORIO on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

DA enough said go cards the new qb that got benched in cleveland and came to az to look like another warner???? not cutting it. go DA take this org back down into losing

39. By Beau on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Darren –

Maybe the kind of fan who sees the 49ers as the biggest threat?

I was also rooting for Seattle, because I think that the niners have a better chance to win more games outside of our division than the hawks.

(Maybe at least, until I saw that game. The hawks played really well…)

40. By CZarr on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

“What kind of fan roots for two teams in the same division?”
    I el oh eld again.

Darren… Whiz sees something in Derek Anderson that I do not. I am scared and I feel naked without my Leinart blanket… Ok.. Maybe it was more of a sheet, but still, it was something. I’m no expert, but it looked to me like Anderson did not make a lot of throws he should have ((that I probably could have) against the Rams secondary). If he continues that trend… Hall?..

41. By BluePitt on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Well I hope D.A. decides to throw more deep balls next game, on some of those plays he had time to shower, shave. I dont get it, any QB can hit a WR on the inside slant reguardless of timing. timing is for advanced routs not simple slants!! Sigh..
    The CUT QB would have thrown the dink and dunk we played bettttter than D.A. I hope this is not going to be our O.

42. By Chad Diegle on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Cardsalltheway, dude you need to check out http://www.lambs.com you will be happy to read your team, even though they have 6 wins in 3 years, actually has a website made just for chumps like you.
    Now on to discussing a winning team. Darren, DA had almost 300 yards and no picks. That being said, adjusting to him is going to be a tad more difficult than I was anticipating. Not having watched much of his play with the Browns, is this what we have in store for what to expect from week to week, or is this more a transition/learning period early in the season?

43. By Mack on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

If the Cards can’t win the divison, I hope the Seahawks do.

PS. Who saw the cocky Niners get Spanked.

44. By Darren Urban on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

CNelson –

Yes I do.

45. By Darren Urban on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Frankie –

Yes. Didn’t catch a pass though.

46. By Darren Urban on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Bryan –

Didn’t really notice to be honest. I will have to look into it.

47. By Darren Urban on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Hernandez –

Makes sense.

48. By Darren Urban on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

TucsonTim –

The third QB is always inactive. He can still play.

49. By Darren Urban on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

TucsonTim –

Not sure.

50. By Darren Urban on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Andrew –

Anderson isn’t going anywhere.

51. By Darren Urban on Sep 12, 2010 | Reply

Beau –

Little different than the scenario being painted by others. Not the same thing. If it is Seattle vs. the Cards, you’re not rooting for Seattle, right?

52. By Darthcard on Sep 13, 2010 | Reply

I’m not pleased at all with the offense. It got soo bad at one point I was praying at the tv for Derek to not throw it to fitzy (they are wayyyy outta sink.) There were bright spots (Stevie B, L S Howling, the defense. And I’m not one who thought DA played bad. Chemistry and timing are off. Hopefully coach WHis works on improving the self inflicted/ dumb mistakes that will kill us everytime.

53. By CC on Sep 13, 2010 | Reply

Will Beanie be active, and hopefully starting next week?

54. By Darren Urban on Sep 13, 2010 | Reply

CC –

Don’t know yet.

55. By Thomas77 on Sep 13, 2010 | Reply

I’m inching to edge of the Beanie Wells bandwagon. Twice, so far, this season, Beanie has taken a hit. Medical reports reflect nothing serious or even all that damaging (no cracked ribs, no knee sprain or other noticeable damage), and both times Beanie has missed a pretty substantial amount of practice and now the opening game. If Beanie wants to be the starter on this team, he needs to prove to Whiz that he can not only dish out the punishment, but take some as well….

56. By scott023 on Sep 13, 2010 | Reply

The defense was great, the cream came to the top! Our offense for alot of reasons had too many mistakes. However,I know we will fix them. They are fixable mistakes. We got the win, a sloppy win, but a win. We will be better next week. Some of you fake card fans that jump ship to the other team are laughable,joke fans at best.It’s one thing to be upset at a players play,it’s another to cheer on the other team. Where do you people come from? I am just glad you are not at my side in the frontlines of a war. We have a great team and we will improve everyday. Go cards !!