Cards go back to school — again

Posted by Darren Urban on September 18, 2010 – 11:25 am

The Cardinals had their walk-through at Georgia Tech this morning. That means in the past month the Cardinals have worked at Northern Arizona University, Vanderbilt, Arizona State and Georgia Tech. As VP of media relations Mark Dalton noted, the Cards seem to get to more campuses than ESPN’s College GameDay. (And speaking of college, University of Phoenix Stadium, the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis and Atlanta’s Georgia Dome have all hosted their share of college games recently too, so ….)

Tags: ,

20 Responses to “Cards go back to school — again”

1. By Lorrilee on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

Everyone needs to remember the FIRE and ENERGY from college – get them back where they can get it :))

2. By OLdude on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

I’m ALL FOR higher education……as long as they don’t play like a college team!! :)

3. By Steven Q. on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

derren,

if the seahawks win today again! do you belive they will be more of a threat then the ninners?? we have been so focused on Sanfran…hope we didnt lose focus on the seahawls if their the ones realy deserving of our attantion????

4. By RobRoy on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

Hopefully going back to school will help with mental mistakes that will hurt us against an opponent that we don’t have a chance against. According to the limited coverage I am able top pick up on the Cards, no one is giving us a chance on the national shows. Maybe it is good we stay under the radar, just
    get tired by lack of recognition we seem to get. Thanks for your reports, long time tix holder that lives out of state.

5. By Darren Urban on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

Steven Q –

RE: Seahawks

Two games do not make a season. Not for any team.

6. By Pheenic Cromartie on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

I’m with OLdude on that one!

Go Cards!

7. By TBru on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

Steven Q

The Cardinals need to worry about the Cardinals, and whoever they are playing on any given Sunday period. Take care of business on the home front and let the other pieces fall as they may. The only time we should be thinking about the Seachickens or the Fairyniners are weeks 7 10 12 & 17

Any one up for a picnic tomorrow? I am serving up BBQ FALCON!

8. By Dre on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

RobRoy

What I saw was every team in the NFC West is suppose to lose tomorrow. Thats cool by me but we are use to everybody predicting us to lose and we are right were we are comfortable. To be honest I don’t like it no matter if only one person predicks us to win….aw heck, thats a jinxs.

9. By andy on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

mmmmm,
    Poached falcon eggs with hollandaise sauce and baby beak dipping spoons.

Did I take that too far?

10. By darrel on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

Evryone keep an eye out for the match up sean weatherspoon vs daryl washington it will be intresting who has the better the game. Becuz cardinals wanted weatherspoon but I think we got better end of the deal

11. By darrel on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

Let me tell you why Lsh can’t return punts …. when u return. U have to be able to operate in tight spots and make. Guys miss. In little spaces that’s something larods not good at u really can’t teach that either but don’t get me wrong larod is super Fast but he makes most of his plays in space so that’s y he’s better returning kicks than punts i just wanted to the heat off my man darren urban this guys works too hard to be asked the same. Thing

12. By Steven Q. on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

good point!!

13. By R Robles on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

????????????????WHO PLAYS MADDEN 11 WITH THE CARDS & CANT WIN A GAME????????????????????????????????????

14. By BreastonStandsUp on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

With 7 of the first 9 games in a dome, the Cards will feel like like day old sample doughnuts.
    Any players you’re aware of that perform better in an enclosed stadium? I know Anderson has a small study size but so far he’s been semi Warner-like.
    Also. the ‘Skins need punt returner. Any chances of the Hyphen for McNabb?

15. By BreastonStandsUp on Sep 18, 2010 | Reply

Inactives are due by 8:30 AM AZ time. Any guesses or are you going to blossoming early just like a Georgia peach?

16. By Darren Urban on Sep 19, 2010 | Reply

BreastonStands –

RE: Inactives

Got to do the radio first. But if I had to bet — and we all know I don’t — I say Beanie is inactive.

17. By TBru on Sep 19, 2010 | Reply

Any chances of the Hyphen for McNabb?

oh my god, I almost hurt myself laughing

Hey Darren did anything ever become of the Jorrick Calvin/Charles Scott trade, investigation of improprieties? It seemed liked it was a big deal for a day or two and then just went away.

18. By Darren Urban on Sep 19, 2010 | Reply

TBru –

RE: Calvin trade

Not that I know of. Some of that stuff is so “inside baseball” — as in, tedious details I’m not sure have a huge impact on the fans.

19. By TBru on Sep 19, 2010 | Reply

Thanks I didn’t know if their were repercussions like loss of picks or anything.

Still surprised B Rob is in over Gabe, but trust the coaches judgment about time to head out to the bar, still bummed I was unable to make the trip down to Atlanta, maybe the Panthers game. Enjoy the game Cards fans. .

20. By CrazyLady25 on Sep 19, 2010 | Reply

Hey, Ga Tech won the ACC last year and won yesterday, 30-27. So,maybe being there is a good thing.