• Wed., Apr. 23, 2014 5:00PM - 5:15PM MST 2014 NFL schedule released The 2014 NFL schedule is released. Check out all the details on azcardinals.com.
  • Thu., May. 08, 2014 5:00PM MST NFL Draft First round of the NFL draft.

Ware, teammates, Twitter and free tickets

Posted by Darren Urban on September 23, 2010 – 9:07 am

In a quest to help some teammates elevate their Twitter followers — and, I suppose, his own list — safety Matt Ware is holding a Twitter contest this week. First, he wants to get as many people as he can to join Twitter pages of himself (@MattWare22), receivers Max Komar (@MDKomar22) and Stephen Williams (@SteveWill_14) and defensive backs Trumaine McBride (@TruMcBride) and Hamza Abdullah (@HamzaAbdullah21).

Then Friday, Ware will post a trivia question on Twitter, with the first to send the right answer receiving two free tickets to Sunday’s game against Oakland. Seems simple enough.

Oh, and if you are on Twitter and you’re not following me (@cardschatter), I mean, really?

Tags: , , , , ,

34 Responses to “Ware, teammates, Twitter and free tickets”

1. By KidStallyn on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

And if your not following @KidStallyn, I’m just SMH………..

2. By Beau Frusetta on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

I have season tix…but hey…I can bring more friends!

Darren – you should setup a Cardinals Players list on twitter, so we can see all the players talking from one list… ;-)

3. By mstara1982 on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

It was my IDEA!!!! lol

4. By tRiGiDy22 on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Darren off topic ? I know the cards play the 3-4 an are ILB’s could use help! But what about getting that extra big body on the line with the 4-3?? An ADUB is always around too be that extra Back anyways! Don’t the cards have a hybrid 4-3? Get D.Williams on the field or Kenny Iwebema we are stacked on the DL short at LB Thanks

5. By tRiGiDy22 on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Darren when u an Paul do a podcast with Wolf u got to make it a couple hours all your Oakland podcast was wolf being wolf last week when he was gone we got football talk an my Head Didnt hurt as bad Thanks! wolf needs to drop the Macho Man Randy Savage hype! OHHHH YA!

6. By Darren Urban on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Trig –

RE: Defense

I think the Cards will stick to their scheme.

7. By Dre on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Twitter contests, players giving interview on segways in camp and Alan Faneca bringing in queen size beds, big screen TVs and with playstations…and I wonder, 41-7 outcomes sound about right. Whats really going on?

You hear that camp is somewhat of an incoveince for the players. By me being a veteren and by us having people overseas doing their jobs away from their families for multiple years and multiple times, I can’t help but to think twice about some of these players and coaches.

What kind of message are you sending by giving an interview on a segway. They can’t walk from the practice field to the dining hall. Sound suspect to me…sounds pretty luxurious for a football camp. You know, Hollywood is west of here, take I-10 west and you can’t miss it…this is Arizona, where the real cowboys and outllaws live, so get outta here with that soft pansy bull crap.

8. By Darren Urban on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Dre –

RE: Players’ lives

This isn’t just for you but everyone. It cracks me up that there is this idea that this should be boot camp, and players should practice seven days a week, etc.

We appreciate your service in the armed forces. But that was a choice you made. This is a job for these players. Well-paid, yes. But just a job. If your boss started demanding you work seven days a week, something tells me you a) would be ticked and b) wouldn’t perform well because you were ticked.

You know about big TVs in camp or Twitter accounts because you want to be a part of these guys’ lives. This year is no different than 2008 when this team when to the Super Bowl or 2009 when they won 10 games. As long as they are working in practice — and they are — don’t give me this bunk that these guys should be in barracks never having any fun. That has zero to do with wins and losses.

9. By Dre on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

oh that part about Alan Faneca bringing in queen size beds, big screen TVs and with playstations was for everybody on the offensive line, even the ones who reported over weight.

10. By tRiGiDy22 on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Game, Set, Match Darren LOL Dre’ are you OK? Classic!

11. By tRiGiDy22 on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Darren, maybe Coach should put buckets all over the 10-30yrds for DA to practice that Short toss?? Larry Fitzgerald need three catches to pass Larry Centers for 2nd all time on the BigRed list!! Congrats Fitz! an soon #1 since the Old #1 is a Raven! lets go Bigred big big home game vs Oakland. PS Did Matt ware buy the tickets? Everyone counts would be Sad if we had the Blackout from the Game!

12. By AZStiffArm on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

OMG! Those tickets are mine!

13. By Dre on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

By this being your space, I have to be repectful to you. I would never insult someone in their own home…thats a figure of speech. I am not going to engage in some type of debate about being of service and professional football…about boot camp and football camp, in which I said nothing about.

I stated my opinion and I think it’s a matter of discipline which speaks for itself on the field. I heard a lot of people on your blogs blaming the refs for bad calls in the game last week. Could those flags be a sign of a lack of discipline, a lack of focus and even be apart of the inconsistency we see with the team….what does money have to do with any of this.

I lived in Colorado and had no choice but to watch the Broncos, a team in which I do not like. I can not recall seeing players on segways during their football camps. Bronco fans are die-hearts (they paint their home blue and orange) and I can just imagine what they would say if they saw some crap like that.

14. By Casey on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Just curious to get your feedback on this column by Ben Muth breaking down the Cards’ O-line play on Sunday in Atlanta, and specifically the subpar play of Levi Brown and Brandon Keith, and the slow start by Alan Faneca causing early drives to stall. Sendlein and Lutui graded out acceptably, if not spectacularly.

Clearly, we as fans have had major concerns about the O-line since early in the pre-season, and this critique by someone with more experience/insight than either your or I have, confirms our concerns.

I would really like to see you or Kent ask Whiz a pointed question about his O-line play, and specificially, his 2 tackles. Levi Brown has been a huge disappointment relative to his #5 overall slot in the draft and Brandon Keith clearly isn’t ready to perform like a consistent starter in this league (especially as a pass blocker where he is getting physically beat and is slow mentally picking up defensive formations- please read the article).

The organization might be saving money on Brandon Keith, but they are definitely paying for it with lack of production from him on the field. And Faneca clearly is on the decline.

Thanks,
    Casey

15. By cardsfan1 on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

I know its off topic and I will be at the game, but has the Raiders game sold out?

16. By Eric on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Give it up Dre, their is no relatio between football and serving in the military. I get tired of that argument as much as Darren does. They made the choice to take this job just as much as our military personnel. I’m not looking down on the military in any fashion. My father served in Vietnam because he was drafted. There needs to be a line drawn.

17. By Tinted Facemask Visor on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

What was with Ware last week? Was Johnson in there more than Ware was?

18. By The Fanimal on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Dre –

I echo Darren’s appreciation for your service and all of the very freedoms it provides us civilians. I cannot however agree with your stance on the so called Hollywood “soft pansy bull crap”.

Fisrt of all these players will never try to put themselves in your shoes and in turn nor should you try to put yourself in theirs. I have a feeling you have no idea what it is like to be a 6’5″ 300+lb man sleeping in a twin bunk bed after a grueling, physical workout. These little perks help these athletes recover and improve morale. You should know how important morale is.

Th fact is this: These players put their bodies through hell all year long and they need to be healthy. If these tokens of appreciation to that, then I am all for it.

I am sick of reading your negativity every day. Please take it somewhere else.

P.S. Military style management does not work in ALL of life’s applications. See Mike Singletary for more proof.

19. By RichUK on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Dre –
    Wouldn’t most (all) veterans know how to spell the word veteran?

Darren –
    Don’t tell Dre, but in future, link his comments straight to the incinerator.

Dre –
    Keep up the posts buddy. “Ten Hunt!”

20. By RichUK on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

P.S Keep up the good blogs Darren. Competition is a good idea.
    P.S.P.S – I intended to mispell “Ten Hut!”….cough cough

21. By Darren Urban on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Dre –

RE: Debate

Hey, I’m not trying to be disrespectful of you either. And you can make the argument of being undisciplined and a correlation to the penalties. That’s fine. And if a player is seen at a nightclub on a Saturday night late before a game the next day, I’m not going to argue that’s a problem either. But while you ask what money has to do with any of this, I ask the same thing about ripping a person because of details like having a big TV in a dorm room at camp or deciding to use a Twitter account. Those have zero to do with anything on Sundays. If they do, it’s going to go deeper on a particular player than just those symptoms — meaning even if you change them, it won’t change the player fundimentally.

By the way, here were the players on segways in 2009 at camp — Wilson (Pro Bowl), Rolle (Pro Bowl) Dockett (Pro Bowl), Fitz (Pro Bowl) and Kurt Warner (good season). I don’t think it means a guy doesn’t care or is lazy.

22. By Darren Urban on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Casey –

RE: Tackles

I asked Whiz about Keith yesterday. http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-1/Down-To-Third/51f2b8ee-17cc-46a2-89ad-34fda98efbfc
    There has not been a question about Levi in a while, I will admit.

I don’t think they are “saving money” on Keith; they have always liked him (as has Ron Wolfley, who has long believed Keith would be good). That makes no sense anyway since they have guys making more money on the bench.

I am also not exactly sure what you are expecting Whisenhunt to say. He is never going to be a coach to come out and shred players publicly. He’s going to say things along the same way he addressed the Keith subject.

23. By Darren Urban on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Cardsfan1 –

RE: Sellout

It is sold out.

24. By Secret on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

come on dre, lay off the players. Are you just jealous that you can’t be as good of a football player as them? No, you aren’t. So obviously you’ve dealt with the fact that you probably won’t make millions of dollars a year ‘just’ to play a game on sundays. This is the entertainment industry, get used to it. Like Darren said, the job you picked is different from the players of course, so it should be compared. The only reason these guys get paid what they get paid is because of the following fans like you and me give the NFL. Its the same reason darren has a job to cover this team for us. Be grateful that there is an NFL that can take our minds off the hardships, the stresses, and boring the routines of life.

Now,……. GO CARDS!

25. By Darren Urban on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Tinted –

RE: Ware

Not that I noticed, to be honest.

26. By tRiGiDy22 on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

LOL Dre’ I knew u where a Donkeys Fan’ Jack

27. By tRiGiDy22 on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Darren I think u should talk to ownership an get everyone segways!!!

28. By CardsFans1 on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

you tell em Darren! lol

29. By SocialMediaStandsUp on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Sorry Darren, real Cards don’t tweet, they sing the blues.
    But I saw “free” in the headline, and that’s one of my favorite words. My inquisition is what is the trivia question?

30. By Carddan on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

Another Off Topic: Is there anyone who is not fired up to destroy the blackhearted Raiders this weekend? We Are The Cardinals, in OUR House. We have a job to do. From the Coaches, to the Players, all the way through the Fans (even the team spokesman) WE DO THIS TOGETHER!!!
    We have been the home opener for two other teams. Our time is at hand. So says Carddan.

31. By Darren Urban on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

SocialMediaStands –

RE: trivia tweet

Got to see Ware’s twitter feed for that.

32. By NFL Tickets on Sep 23, 2010 | Reply

What will be the question that they are going to post on twitter?

33. By John on Sep 24, 2010 | Reply

RE: Darren and Dre

Get room!

34. By RED BIRD 66 on Sep 24, 2010 | Reply

Boy by the tone of some of the people on here you would think the Cards were 0-6 or something. Come on, we got our butts kick by the Falcons and it is what it is. Its not from being soft we just played horrible. If it continues then panic but we are only 2 games into the season. A couple of wins and the bandwagon jumpers will be back for a ride. I don,think a trade or picking up any available QB is going to help. No team is going to trade away a potenial starter anyways. The bandwagon jumpers can go root for someone else. Anytime I get down on the Cards I think back to the days sitting on bleacher seats at ASU and remember what kind of football we were watching then. We have come a long way in the Whiz’s short time here so relax. I would be shocked if we lost this weekend, I picked the Cards in my suicide pool.