Fanvision option at stadium

Posted by Darren Urban on September 26, 2010 – 1:37 pm

The Cardinals are one of 12 NFL teams offering a Fanvision these days — a small portable video device that allows a person to have multiple benefits, including watching live out-of-market games, listening to the Cards’ radio broadcast while watching the game, the NFL Red Zone channel, multiple replay angles (including some not available elsewhere), on-demand Cardinals content (like “Maximum Cardinals” and “The Ken Whisenhunt Show”) and real-time stats. You can even plug your fantasy team into the device and have a channel dedicated to your team’s real-time stats.

“Our emphasis is to make University of Phoenix Stadium the most fan-friendly stadium in the NFL,” team president Michael Bidwill said in a pre-game press briefing. “Fans want more interaction with the game.”

It goes even deeper than that, too. It’s about a sense of survival as well. Fanvision spokesman Carl Peterson — a former general manager of the Kansas City Chiefs — noted that with such technological advances like HDTV and multiple replays, some fans would rather stay home than come to games. This way, they can get a live game to attend and still have replays and key stats.

“We think this will enhance the experience (in the stadium),” Peterson said.

The device can be purchased for $199 for the first few weeks of the season (the price will eventually be $259) and be free to use this season. In 2011, there will be a per-game charge of $5 to use. For more info, go to FanVision.com.

Tags: ,

27 Responses to “Fanvision option at stadium”

1. By Jesse Robles on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

A better look at how HORRIBLE Derrick Anderson is, this guy doesn’t even look like he has practiced from last week. ADUB cannot guard TE on pass plays, I do not see how this happens all of the time. Darnell Dockett and Calais Campbell sure have been quiet. I think if we got a DECENT QB Stephen Williams could help out ALOT, this guy looks great but gets OVERTHROWN every pass. If it wasn’t for the Pass Interference Calls it would be a total negative for Derrick Anderson. Our Defense is just giving up so many yards, Pass and Rushing. Run the Ball with Beanie, we cant do anything else because of our QB situation. Someone needs to step up huge, LETS GO CARDS!!

2. By Peter in Canada on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

I think we just dodged a bullet.

3. By Scott H on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

This fanvision thing may turn out to be very popular in this stadium….’cause after a few quarters of watching this team, you’re gonna want to tune in to something else. It’s hard to remember feeling this disgusted after a win, but that about sums it up. Actually, during the many losing seasons that we’ve endured, you would be glad for a win like this because it was the only way the team could ever win. But after two consecutive division crowns and a Super Bowl appearance, our expectations have been raised and I’m not ready to go back to the past again. Unfortunately, it looks like that’s where this team is taking us. No other way to say it – this organization and coaching staff have done a lousy ( and I mean LOUSY ) job with this team since last season ended. I guess that’s what happens when you lose Kurt Warner, Anquan Boldin, Bertrand Berry, & Karlos Dansby and you replace them with…well, a lot less than what you lost. In terms of talent, character, and toughness we just lost entirely too much across the board.

4. By ron on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

The Cardinals just got lucky with a missed field goal. You guys better get your act when you face a better team or you will have the same thing happened at Atlanta Falcons. Better change Anderson with one of your Rookie quarterbacks, since he is overthrowing every one.

5. By TBru on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

A win by any other name would smell as sweet

I think I saw Sebastian Janikowski applying for a job at taco bell, really hope Andre Roberts beats him out for the position. What to say about this game……..

You know what, we are 2-1 and San Francisco is 0-3
    thankfully San Diego is a nice short road trip. Things could be better, things could be worse.

6. By Lone-Eagle on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

Daren,
    I don”t expect you to respond to this, as a matter of fact I don’t care. First of all Derek Andersons accuracy is for @#$%!! This is why the passing game is a JOKE!!!!! Everyone else is switching QB’S! Why can’t the Cards? Some times it is better to be lucky than good, and today the Cards were lucky, extremely lucky!! Let us see how lucky they are against the Chargers, who lost to Seattle this week!! Eventually luck is going to run out. MAX HALL anyone, because Anderson is a joke!! ONCE AGAIN THE VICTORY TODAY WAS LUCKY!!!!!!! THANK YOU JANIKOWSKI!!!!!!

7. By Pheenic Cromartie on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

Jesse, save your comment for the recap. This is about fanvision, not about the game.

Darren, I’m a little confused. Is the fanvision a device just to be used when in the stadium watching a game, or is it something like Flow TV, and you can use it anywhere you go?

8. By CZarr on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

I told my ex that she was fat on facebook, and now she is mad at you for telling me to tell her.

As a side note, I really don’t have much to say about the game. Darren, have you ever seen Whiz visibily irritated? After the defensive holding call on Adams in the 4th I think that’s the closest to anger I have ever seen him express. Confirm/deny?

9. By cj on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

Can this be used anywhere in the US?

10. By BigBird on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

Yeah, I can only bear watching the trainwreck that is Derek Anderson so many times. I think I’d probably throw that Fanvision device against the wall of the stadium if I were forced to watch him and our “bend and/or break” defensive schemes over and over again on my own personal TV screen.

11. By Bgaffn on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

Here’s a better suggestion to make the stadium More Fan Friendly…Provide WIFI that works or at least better phone signal

12. By Eric on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

Don’t spend the money on the fanvision. I lost the signal numerous times through out the game. It was becoming more of a distraction, because I had to keep turning it off and then back on and waiting for it to boot up.

13. By Sean on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

Darren, I would like to know if you can answer a question about this or not, as the site does specify exactly.

I live in Vegas, and will rarely see the Cards on TV, probably only MNF, SNF, and games against big teams (Dallas, Indy, etc), so this really appeals to me. However, would I be able to get AZ Cards games on this here in Vegas?

Thanks in advance!!

14. By G. Master on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

Ok, let’s get back on mesaage here. FanVision is great, terriifc, superb, one of the best new ideas that I have seen. Not showing the replay on the screen immediately??? Not to worry. You see it right away with FanVision. Ever watch Rezone live? You got it. Every game in action and every score as it occurs. 199 this year and nothing out. Will cost per game next year, but still shouldn’t be that much.

15. By sean w on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

yes, cause asking people to pay 199, and then 259, and then 5 bucks per game is totally going to make them want to come to the game instead of stay at home….

16. By Ben on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

jesse is right on every account. RUN THE BALL!!!!! Whis’s head has gotten too big with this DA experiment. RUN THE BALL!!!!

17. By UltimateCard on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

Can Fanvision give us all the same perspective that Whisenhunt has to see the good side of Anderson, because without he looks like the WORST quarterback in the NFL. SAVE THE SEASON BY BENCHING ANDERSON!!!!!!!!! HE SUCKS!

18. By Brad ONeill on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

they should consider putting a heart monitor and possibly a defibrillator in the device if the cards have any more games like that.

19. By redseafan85 on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

agreed with anderson i always have felt leinart would give us a better chance to win and i think someday he will be great. Big mistake cutting him and keeping two rookies cause now we have an absolute terrible quarterback and nobody to go to . Thx management.

20. By Darren Urban on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

Pheenic —

RE: Fanvision

My understanding is you have to be in the stadium.

21. By Darren Urban on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

CZarr —

RE: Whiz being mad

During a game or at me? I can confirm in both cases.

22. By Darren Urban on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

CJ —

RE: Fanvision

I think the stadium has to be wired to use it. Twelve NFL teams and two college teams are on board right now.

23. By Darren Urban on Sep 26, 2010 | Reply

Sean —

Again, I think this is just something that works in-stadium. Check out their website for details.

24. By TBru on Sep 27, 2010 | Reply

Vegas isn’t part of the Cards regional territory? Hmmmm I would have thought it was. I would just hop on down to any of the local book makers and enjoy the free drinks. I have to pay for drinks to get watch Sunday Ticket at a bar.

25. By Scott H on Sep 27, 2010 | Reply

Brad –
    That was good for a laugh! Glad to see some among us are keeping their sense of humor.

26. By mikeso on Sep 27, 2010 | Reply

man regrets run threw my mind with lienart, at least i know for a fact we would have more comp. and morer offensive yards. anderson i dont know what will happen to but please make it happen soon. cuz seriouslly he is making our team look like the cleavland browns. now i know why joshua cribbs was so happy to get del homme. PLEASE DO SOME CHANGES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Sep 26, 2010: Buy Nfl- Fanvision option at stadium | Nfl News And More-Nfl Team