A sellout and the Rage

Posted by Darren Urban on October 7, 2010 – 12:27 pm

It’s official: The Cardinals game has been sold out Sunday against the Saints, so the non-blackout streak stays alive and the game will be televised locally on FOX (CH. 10). Kurt Warner live for the Valley! (Remember, he is doing the color analysis for the network). It’s the 47th straight sellout for the Cards at University of Phoenix Stadium.

On another note, tonight’s Big Red Rage with Adrian Wilson will have as guest linebacker Clark Haggans.  The show is live at Majerle’s in Chandler, beginning at 6 p.m. If you can’t make it out, listen on Sports 620 KTAR.

Tags: , , , , ,

33 Responses to “A sellout and the Rage”

1. By Sierra Vista Nick on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

What our record with Kurt in the building? It’s gotta be good!

2. By Gary Gammiero on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Darren,will there be a Big Red Rage next Thursday? I was wondering because of the upcoming bye.

3. By card62 on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Impressive Cardinal Fans – Be loud and root on the defense and the offensive line for if they play well and if we hold onto the ball,(please Beanie & Tim & punt return team) I like our chances. Go Cards beat Saints

4. By DRC#1FAn on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

I hope it’s not the Big Red Rage that is distracting Wilson from being the player he is. I love ADUB!!! but, he got it handed to him 2 weeks in a row. Time to get mean big man!!!

5. By mike b on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

I , as well as many other fans, think that Max will do great. That doesn’t mean great as in win but great as in playing well. I mean if he starts again at Seahawks he could win (they already lost to a rookie QB) plus our D needs to find themselves.

I have been noticing some VIck talk and Rothlesberger, why can’t these people see that it won’t end well (like Vick walking into a petco! ZING!) Are people really this desperate I can only thiink band wagon fans suggest this stuff.(although I did ask about Mallett but I said we won’t pick him) Hall and Skelton will be great, and as for a vet idk we might not want to hurry up and look for one too soon. Oh and as for the Injuries whats wrong with Skelton has he been hurt or something becasue he was listed as that same with McDonald and Alex Hall

6. By mike b on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

ben roethlisberger* sorry about the wrong spelling I forgot to consult Google first.

7. By Darren Urban on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Gary —

RE: Rage next week

Don’t know that yet.

8. By clssylssy on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Right before preseason there was a really imspiring video compelation from last year. Is that still available with a link? I know there are some really cool ones on UTUBE…one of Jeremy Shockey that feataures alot of footage of the Cards when we played the Saints last year and I’m told there are others. Would like to find that one of the Cards…that kinds of inspiration reminds us why we are Cards fans and how great these guys are! Thanks

9. By Darren Urban on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Mike B —

RE: Inactives

None of those guys are hurt. Eight players of the 53 have to be inactive on Sundays.

10. By Darren Urban on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

clssylssy —

RE: Video

11. By PWalker on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Mad Max!

Let’s Roll!

Go Cards…

12. By PWalker on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Whodat? Mad Max Datwho!

13. By jwimmer2 on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Get behind Max Hall!

14. By Cardcountry on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

PWalker- I LIKE THAT!!!!!!! Good one!!!

15. By ross on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Darren, can you tell the running back core to come out with baseball bats like reggie bush dud last year?

16. By Jesse Robles on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Lets Go Cards!! We are the NFC West CHAMPS until someone dethrowns us! We can win this game, anyone can win any given week in the NFL, I don’t care who is playing. We just need to play as a team and everyone do there part and see what we got. I think we can do it, In Whiz I trust minus our QB Dilemma this season, he is a great coach. Just play the better, hard worker, that gives us the best chance of winning like he says and we should be good. Our talent is great, Lets GO Cards, Let Go Red Sea! Not the BLACK Sea. People need to chill out on the black jerseys, look like all saints fans at the game. We know who the bandwagonners are, all red over here.

17. By Judy on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Darren.

Why is Gabe Watson not playing?

18. By Mackey on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

So glad that Max is starting and DA is riding the bench. I’d rather have Plummer back on the roster instead of him. Anyway I hope we get our act together for 4 quarters and play well. The Saints have looked rough at times this year so if we keep it close I think we can win this game at home. Go Cards!!

19. By Havasu Tom on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Good evening Darren,
    I watched coach Whiz talk about how loud the charger fans were last Sunday and how it effect Branch. I was at the game, although I was not on the field. I don’t believe the noise was 1/10 the noise of the Green Bay playoff game that I attended. My ears were ringing all the way back to Havasu. The only time it was a little loud in San Diego was 3rd down.
    If Max Hall reads your Blog, Don’t worry Max about what anyone writes, play your game. Continue making the game slow down. It’s not about being perfect, it’s about being productive. GOOD LUCK MAX!!!

20. By MIKEFLORIO on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

LOL I keep reading posts about bandwagon fans. Truth be told there are only a handful of us here that have been here since the old website. If you dont know what I mean then u just might be a bandwagon fan. Urb knows what I am talking about. i have used many screen names in the past but i am constantly seeing only a few from the days of the old website. Truth be told you are all bandwagon fans embrace each other support one another cause we all route for the same team. If you have an old school boldin jersey from his rookie setting year with 109 receptions and his first probowl, then you are def not a bandwagon fan. Wear your old school jerseys the ones pre 2005, those jerseys are awesome looking if you got one???? if you dont then shut up and cheer.

21. By Lone-Eagle on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

I am sitting here reading the most recent blog, and the comment the line has been doing pretty good, has me scratching my head! How can anyone say the line is doing okay, when it gave up 9 sacks against San Diego!! These men need to step up and start doing their job!!! Sendlein said it best, It doesn’t matter who is playing QB, the O-Line needs to block, Period!!! If Kurt Warner had returned for one more year, he probably would have retired after that game!!! And what the hell is going on with Beanie Wells??? I know Hightower is a hell of a running back, but Beanie isn’t even being used! C’mon Coach Whiz, I am not trying to tell you how to coach, but you have got to start utilizing you weapons, and on a more consistant basis. Even if we get down by a couple of scores, RUN the ball!! That is all I hear preaching about, yet I haven’t seen it!!! I know this team is better than 2 and 2 with two embarrasing blowouts!! I am tired of seeing reports on how great practice is!!1 Let’s see it on the field on GAME DAY!!! ‘nough said!!!

22. By Darren Urban on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Judy —

RE: Gabe

He played in San Diego.

23. By AndyStandsUp on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

Is your “Friday before the Saints” blog going to include of how the Cards(except for last seasons 4-4 home record) has usually been exemplary and how the home crowd could actually benefit a rookie QB?
    Not that you need ideas, just a thought on the top of this optimistic fan’s head.
    And speaking of Good Friday, usually right before Easter, IF Hall has a decent game, he might have to avoid the Energizer Max Bunny nickname.
    He just keeps on going and going…

24. By Lone-Eagle on Oct 7, 2010 | Reply

MikeFlorio,
    What is your definition of a bandwagon fan??? I remember watching the Cards when Neil Lomax was the QB! Yes at the time I was routing for playres like Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Steve Young,basically the 49ers, but I still watched and suported the Cards, even when they were losing!!!! I have since become a CARDS fan over the past several years, well before Dennis Green. Back when Joe Bugel was the coach, they played at SunDevil stadium and they were lousy. I remember when Jake Plummer was drafted and took us to the playoffs. At this point in time I own two Jerseys!! An Anquan Boldin home Jersey, and a Beanie Wells Black Jersey!!! Both of which I am proud of!! I can no longer see myself routing for the 49ers, even with Singeltary running the team, even though I respect him greatly from the awesome 85 Bears team. So if you consider me to be a Band wagon fan,then I’ll be the leader of the band!!! Have I ever been to a game???? No, I live in Tucson and really can’t afford it, so I enjoy watching the Cards every week on T.V.!!! And when they are losing I always feel that they will find a way to come back!!! I am a CARDS fan and I bleed RED!!! I am also a WILDCATS fan and bleed RED, WHITE, and BLUE!!!!!

25. By Roy on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

I can call 98% of you bandwagon fans. I live in Illinois and have been following this team since they were the St. Louis Cardinals. I go back to the Stump Mitchell, Ken Harvey, Tim McDonald, and Neil Lomax days. People who have rooted for this team for years just don’t want to see a return to those days. I don’t blame them.

26. By firemagoo on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

I told my buddy not to wear black for raiders game for same reason. BLACK OUT will be fine for MNF assuming that’s when we’ll sport em next. Darren when do u find out about uniforms. Week before? UofP might look cool with 50k in black

27. By AZkidinJAX on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

Just wondering if Toler could be used to blitz the QB, he is a physical guy, rotate him with the dime package, my guess is that he plows the back trying to block in!!

28. By Darren Urban on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

Firemagoo —

RE: Black unis

Nothing has been official yet. But MNF is a good guess. And maybe the Halloween game.

29. By MIKEFLORIO on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

Lone-Eagel the fact you just stated ur were a niners fans yes does make u a bandwagon fan. After there superbowl years and playoff years you decide to rout for the cards typical. And oh the fact you responded then yes you are a bandwagon fan. Oh by the way everyone bleeds red. Sundevils alumi right here and its not uncommon once the wildcats have a good past couple of years and make the ap poll to see more and more wildcat fans. why cause thats what bandwagon fans do jump on winning teams. I hope to see you at the territorial cup when we ruin the wildcats bcs bid

30. By Lone-Eagle on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

Mike,
    Evidently you didn’t read my blog close enough, but that’s ok!! As for the territorial, I guess we will have to see on Dec 2nd! I am not one to talk alot of smack too early in the season!! As for responding to your blog on being a bandwagon fan, I can’t stand people who talk when they don’t know what they are talking about!! I am not only a Cards fan, but I am also a players fan. I am a fan of good football players who have class. Anyway we could go back and forth on this discussion. I’ll stop it right here. I am a AZ Cardinals fan and will remain one until the day I leave this world, even if I move to another state. I just ask, please don’t judge me until you know me!! Go Red Army!!

31. By Lone-Eagle on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

I need to pay more attention to my typing, I forgot cup in teritorial cup, as well as a few spelling gafaus. OOps!!

32. By Lone-Eagle on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

I meant spelling “Territorial Cup”

33. By RedBuzz on Oct 8, 2010 | Reply

“Mad Max” … that’s a good one, indeed. :)

We need to turn UoP stadium into THUNDERdome on Sunday!