No Hayes, Schofield this week

Posted by Darren Urban on October 23, 2010 – 1:34 pm

The Cardinals did not activate linebackers Gerald Hayes or O’Brien Schofield this week — the deadline to bring them off the physically-unable-to-perform list and the reserve/non-football injury list, respectively, was 1 p.m. Saturday — so neither will be playing Sunday in Seattle. It’s really no surprise. Schofield in particular wasn’t ready. Hayes certainly hasn’t had much practice time, not with back problems/surgery that had kept him off the practice field since before the playoff game in New Orleans in January. Waiting an extra week isn’t a surprise.

Still no word on receivers Steve Breaston and Early Doucet. They were going to be a game-day decision all along.

Tags: , , ,

14 Responses to “No Hayes, Schofield this week”

1. By phoenixraven1 on Oct 23, 2010 | Reply

I think that was the best decision for Hayes to wait another week…with how the D played last week no reason to mix it up without a valid positive coming in…

2. By phoenixraven1 on Oct 23, 2010 | Reply

Any word on the NT position? I heard on the radion “angry” Gabe would prob be odd man out but I think it should be Robinson…

3. By Darren Urban on Oct 23, 2010 | Reply

Phoenixraven —

RE: NT

No, I don’t know what will happen but with Iwebema likely playing, one of the NTs will probably be inactive, yes.

4. By Dre on Oct 23, 2010 | Reply

Darren–

With Will Davis questionable w/ groin injury and Reggie Walker questionable w/ a bad anlke that leaves us with one good sub at LB…Alex Hall. It will be interesting to see who suits up tomorrow.

It seems like we are having big problems week end and week out with injuries at one position or another, first RB, then WR and now LB.

SMH…wonder why we are carry 5 safeties. I hope one of those extra safeties can play ILM if Walker don’t have the wheels.

5. By Darren Urban on Oct 23, 2010 | Reply

Dre —

RE: Injuries

I expect Davis to be OK.

6. By Eazy E on Oct 23, 2010 | Reply

Breaston and Early should be ready after the bye. Breaston been out since san diego and that was 3 weeks including the bye and early been out since the rams game which is 5 weeks including the bye.

7. By Dan on Oct 23, 2010 | Reply

Darren, what is the problem with Early staying healthy? He must not be spending enough time with Lott. Just your opinion on what is going on.

8. By Safford Todd on Oct 23, 2010 | Reply

Excellent video with Danny White talking about Max Hall. Darren I’m gonna recommend you for a raise.

9. By Brad O'Neill on Oct 24, 2010 | Reply

hey good news all the experts say the sea chickens will win!!! thats a lock for the cards for sure.

Darren be sure to show this to the boys.

10. By nate on Oct 24, 2010 | Reply

Hey Darren, While I like Hightower’s YPC, and his 80 yard run, I still feel like the offense is more explosive with Beanie in the backfield. I read you had predicted Wells would be the starter around now, Should we expect the change soon?

11. By Darren Urban on Oct 24, 2010 | Reply

Dan —

RE: Doucet

He’s a receiver who works the middle of the field and has absorbed serious punishment. It’s not like he’s stubbing his toe and sitting.

12. By Darren Urban on Oct 24, 2010 | Reply

Nate —

RE: Beanie starting

I don’t think I ever predicted he would be starting. In fact, I’m pretty sure I didn’t. I’ve said he’ll get the majority of carries.

13. By EASBrand on Oct 28, 2010 | Reply

Wanted to let you know that we’re giving away the chance to meet wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald in Phoenix on Tuesday (11/2)! Winner will get a peek behind the scenes of an EAS video shoot and meet Larry in Phoenix. Details on how to win are on the EAS Facebook page, http://facebook.com/easbrand.

~Sam at EAS