Wanted to throw up some of coach Ken Whisenhunt’s thoughts the day after, before we head to the locker room to talk to some players:
– QB Max Hall will undergo the normal NFL procedures for a concussion this week (starting tomorrow). If he passes the tests and is cleared, he will start against Tampa Bay. If not, Derek Anderson waits in the wings.
– The fumble cost Tim Hightower playing time. But not only did Whisenhunt say it was too early to talk about whether Hightower’s playing time would be cut going forward (or even possibly losing his starting job) because he had yet to watch the tape with the team, it was too early to even comment on the entire situation for now.
– He doesn’t sound down on cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (who apologized for his FG block offsides that cost the Cards a first down), saying DRC was in good position a few times but that Seattle wideout Mike Williams simply made the play.
– No new updates on the two defenders with groin injuries, LB Clark Haggans or NT Dan Williams.
– He will talk to Hall about wearing gloves (not sure if that’s for all the time or just bad weather), although Hall has never worn gloves.
Much more later today.
Tags: Clark Haggans, Dan Williams, DRC, Ken Whisenhunt, Max Hall, Tim Hightower
Posted in Blog | 94 Comments »