Hightower’s role after the fumble

Posted by Darren Urban on October 26, 2010 – 9:23 am

Tim Hightower sent out a tweet last night: “Take full accountability and full responsibility for all actions and set yourself to be better. Purpose driven”

That’s Hightower. He’s not going to shy away from things. He was there in the locker room after the game in Seattle, obviously not happy but still willing to answer questions about yet another fumble. The question is, even with Hightower taking full responsibility, will coach Ken Whisenhunt stick with him? Hightower was having a great game Sunday, with 59 yards on just six carries. But he lost another fumble, and then didn’t get another rushing attempt. It was no surprise.

“At some point, you have to say the fumbles are going to keep you from playing,” Whisenhunt said, acknowledging it is “tough” to sit a player who was effective. “If that’s the way it’s going, it’s going to curtail your play time.”

But Whisenhunt wasn’t ready to attack that question just yet when talking about it yesterday, preferring to wait to watch video with the team and probably wanting to wait to discuss things with the players involved before making any moves — or staying status quo.

“Those are not things you want to make assessments on (too quickly),” Whisenhunt said. “I don’t even have a comment on it.”

Hightower, as everyone has noted before, is the consummate professional. He is exactly the type of player a team wants in the locker room, and he has been productive on the field. But again, like Whisenhunt had to give pause after Hightower’s two lost fumbles in the season opener, the coach has to weigh what Hightower provides against what has been a problem.

“When you are a team trying to grow together, you can’t afford to have those types of situations,” Whisenhunt said. “It just makes it too tough for you.”

Tags: , ,

58 Responses to “Hightower’s role after the fumble”

1. By Brandon on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

He’s clearly been the better of the two backs running. Beanie doesn’t have the patience to wait for holes to develop like Timmy does thats why he runs into his linemen so often. If Tim can hold on to the ball i see no reason as to why Wells moves past him on the depth chart.

2. By Ben on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

So TH fumbles and eventually they take you out of the game. DRC jumps offsides THREE times on FG attempts, and its no big deal. Coach and his discipline tactics are crazy. He definitely has a “his guy” club.

3. By bryan on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

THT needs to be moved down the depth chart…Because he is still fumblng at the worst moments ever.

Start Beanie for petes sake.He is more talented of the two anyways.

PS:Coach whis 1-3 after the bye now…not elite.Not good.Mediocre.

4. By Ben on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

I miss Matt

5. By Eric on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Ben, I understand where you’re coming from. But, putting Beaniein the game to replace Timmy isn’t as scary as putting Michael Adams in the game to replace DRC. At some point, you have to take talent over lack of discipline.

6. By MikeG on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Hey Darren–Nice article on dividing responsibility. It is ashame with Tim on ball security. He runs physical for his size and seems to lose the ball giving an extra effort. He was having a good game and that was unfortunate. I still think you have to go with him and hopefully he can improve with this ala Tiki Barber. I was a little surprised Whiz benched him though!! I thought he would get another chance with the way he was running. I think the Cards are a team & I don’t see any division amongst the players. We will respond this week against Tampa. Do turnovers concern you as the season goes on??? Certainly having a rookie QB and a rookie PR increases the risk of turnovers. Young players make mistakes and that is part of the learning process. We must get this fixed before the stretch run!!!

7. By We'll miss Q on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Ben, That is exactly what I was thinking. Yes TH’s fumbles are a terrible issue, yet Dockett’s stupid personal fouls,and DRC’s ignorant offsides are no big deal. Whiz definitely has his favorites and is not hiding that fact very well.

8. By Michael on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

115 more yards with one less carry, beanie has had fumble issues in the past, I think anyone who has watched has seen Hightower with a new burst of speed this year, he has been more aggressive, whereas Wells has seem slow and hesitant. Hightower should remain the starter until Beanie proves otherwise.

9. By MW on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

It’s frustrating to consistently hear that Hightower has amassed 115 more yards with 1 less carry when teams KNOW that we’re running the ball when Beanie is in, and typically passing when Hightower is in. The majoity of Tim’s yards come when teams are expecting a certain run and he has ample space; however, Beanie Wells is up against at least 7 in the box and consistently fights for extra yards.
    BRANDON- Beanie doesn’t have the patience of Hightower? LOL- were you too busy with your coloring books to watch our ONLY touchdown drive last sunday?

10. By Nick Pepe on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

That is a very tough decision. Production versus reliability. He can run, no doubt about that! Would love to see both backs have 15 carries. Regardless who it is, force the run. Make the opposition have to focus on the run and let things open up from there.

11. By Ross on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

I, for one, hope Timmy gets more carries. He is too good a player not to be allowed to work through this. If he fumbles again, then you sit him for series. Not a game.

That is a confidence killer.

12. By cheesebeef on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

my biggest gripe about Wiz is the lack of discipline his teams seemingly always show. too many penalties/turnovers and there don’t seem to be a lot of consequences. bottom line, so far this season, the offense has been WOEFUL in the first quarter of games AND Hightower has a special knack for turning the ball over at the beginning of games. make the change to Beanie and see what happens at this point. not only should Wiz do it to instill a little accountability in his players, but the O needs a spark.

13. By Darren Urban on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

MW —

RE: Hightower yards

I can see your point.

But if it was the other way around, I guarantee you people would be pointing out the discrepancy. I don’t understand the desire to pick and choose.

14. By MikeG on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Bottom Line–We need both Beanie and Tim to produce & contribute!!
    It does not matter who starts!!!!!!

15. By Paul on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

RE: Tim Hightower. I have mentioned this before in this forum. It almost seems that Tim runs too hard. Does that make sense. He is shaking, twisting with arms swinging and he is looking for a collision. Notice that his fumbles usually come in the open field rather than in a pileup at the line of scrimmage. I know it’s not his nature to “concede” a yard or two from a tackler but I think he should glide through a tackle rather than look to run over someone. Similar to Edge. Yes Edge ducked tackles but he had a long career with a lot of yards. Maybe Tim feels he’s too old to change now but I don’t have to say what NFL stands for.

16. By mark on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

It amazes me that people want tim to carry more than beanie, what a JOKE! Imagine this..Beanie starts and breaks off 2 or 3 nice runs or gains then playaction and deep to fitz or breaston..do u supposed true fans who watch every game, when beanie is in the game even for those one or two carrys defenses change because of him u can blantely see it, beanie has the raw ability to dominate if he is given the carries not spot duty.

17. By Ross on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

when do you expect resolution on this, or will we have to wait until Sunday to find out who starts and how it all plays out?

18. By Pete on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

RE: Tim Hightower. As the old saying goes, “Beggars can’t be choosers.” Right now, with the Card’s suffering through the transition to a new QB that’s either been an inconsistent veteran or an unproven rookie, and with all of the other adjustments this team has needed to make due to either injured players or new players, they need the best players they have available out there making plays, trying to win games, and doing the best they can–not taking a seat when they make a costly mistake! Unfortunately, the team doesn’t really have the luxury of sitting one proven and productive player in favor or playing another, especially during the middle of a game, and so Whiz should stick with the players he starts in order to better stick with the game plan he and his staff devise. And Hightower gains nearly 60 yards on a mere handful of carries, fumbles the ball, and then gets benched? Where else does that happen? Certainly not with the Vikings and Adrian Peterson, who had a number of fumbles in his career already.

19. By Mike T on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Some of you guys are way over reacting saying that Whiz is playing favorites. I cant think of many back that keep getting carries after a fumble. Especially when the other back really starts picking up speed. It doesnt matter who “starts” cause each player has strengths. And comparing DRC, Darren brought up a good point, who do you put in instead? A penalty and a turnover are way to different.

20. By CZarr on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Beanie is used to making his own holes. He played a lot of singleback at OSU if memory serves (sometimes it doesn’t). That might be the cause for his occasional impatience. I don’t know that I’ve seen it enough to consider it a problem. You don’t want him to scamper around too long either, like Brandon Jacobs suddenly channeling Tony Dorsett at the goaline 2 weeks ago. A back as powerful as Beanie IMO needs to be more decisive than patient. That’s what his skill set supports. He is like a Ryan Torain, but faster obviously. If he gets to that second level, he is a real threat.

He may have less yards than Hightower but we also have to remember he just recovered from knee surgery. I do like HIghtower better in all honesty, but I think Wiz has the right idea with how they are distributing the carries.

21. By joe on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

DRR keep pressuring those FG units, o’well it was ugly for him sunday with a few errors. DRC will be twice as good this sunday. Tim seems to have a split second delay on wraping the ball up with two arms in heavy traffic, i see this being corrected by Tim and that being his last fumble this year. Beanie on the other hand seems nervouse to run hard, he seems to be favoring his prior injury and backing off of the explosive moves, that i feel is a greater problem then Tims fumble. Hall, well what can i say about Hall. He Needs To Do Something Other Then Geting Hit. I dont watch the practices so i guess i dont understand that he is a good QB (rookie or not) he has looked like an amature to me, but i hope he turns around cuz the Cardds need a QB to call their own and Max would make good story QB.
    —-I hope Doug stops saying Hall reminds him of Warner. So sick of hearing about Kurt this year. I hope Wolf can get his partner to understand you got to stop putting Hall and Kurt together.

22. By Mike Ellingboe on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Ben,

If Whisenhunt had such a thing as a “his guy” club Hightower would be one it’s highest ranking members. Turnovers decide football games, no matter how much you may like a guy you can’t ignore them. If anything he may be a little too patient about it – a lot of coaches bench their RB’s anytime the ball is put on the ground.

23. By Shawn on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Seriously, Beanie hasnt impressed me enough for him to get so much praise. But yes i think he is a decent back and needs some touches to prove he can run with the best nfl backs. That saying tim hightower is getting the majority of the carries for no reason but coach is scared to put the ball in beanie hands. Dont ask me why, its not like what they are doing week in and out is helping them win football games. They need a spark, something new, something that can change games. LIKE THEIR SPECIAL TEAMS…..LAROD STEPHENS SHOULD BE GETTING atleast 10 touches a game to help tire out defences so maybe they could throw the ball and no worry about dbacks sitting back just waiting to take the turnover. LSH has had long returns almost every game. Him and beanie needs ALOT more touches.

24. By Jason on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Coach Whiz had stated that you can’t expect to win games on the road with five turnovers. Really? He should watch tape of the Giants/Cowboys game. NY had 3 Int and 3 fumbles. You win games on the road with 5 turnovers with good defense and a QB that can drive down the field and score. Both we currently don’t have. Clean up the offense and lets see our defense play to their potential. As Dockett said, they all collect a pay check lets see them earn it! Stop the excuses and play football. Go Cards.

25. By Darren Urban on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Ross —

RE: RB situation

I’d expect we’ll know something during the week. One way or the other, kind of hard to hide which RB is taking first-team reps.

26. By Peter in Canada on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Jason- You can win a game on the road and your example proves it. However, I’ll bet there are a hell of a lot more losses than wins.

27. By Chad D on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Ben, move to Houston. Then you and “your guys” can be reunited. TH fumbles, as do many RB’s, but he seems to do so at such poor moments. We were down and had the opportunity to chew in to their lead. He ran us into their redzone and then drops it. Remember St. Louis when we had the game in hand and fumbled, again? I can handle a fumble or 4, but TH is dropping the ball at the worst possible times. TH, Roberts and Wright absolutely cost this team a chance to win last week. I say until Beanie gives us a reason to not trust him, we let him be the premier back. TH can still spell him as we need. TH is a great runner and decent blocker, but too much of a liability for our team in our current situation. We, if you haven’t noticed, don’t have a lot of wiggle room when we play teams.

28. By IRISHRED on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

I’m sticking by all these guys, but I certainly don’t have illusions of grandeur this year. Maybe it’s pre-mourning…..my mick #11 will understandibly give himself up for adoption.

29. By Jason on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Pete in Canada, when you are and average team you will more then likely loose those games on the road with turnovers. So if you want to compare the Cards to the teams who loose those games, you are saying the Cards are an average team. But great teams find a way to win. They pull up the boot straps and play to the last whistle blows. I believe that the Cards are a great team who need to find that way to win those games. Turnovers or not we have the talent now to win those games now.

30. By Ryan on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Maybe you can provide some insight on to the coaching staff’s game plan. I saw a comment from you yesterday that the offense was pretty balanced against Seattle on Sunday. It seems since Whisenhunt has arrived he has said that he desires to be a power football team and to be a more run oriented offense. I realize with Warner you had the luxury of being a more pass oriented offense. But now that he has the chance why aren’t Whiz/Grimm/Miller running the ball more. Why not 60/40 run/pass or even 70/30, especially with a rookie quarterback in there? In addition, why not simplify the offense for Max if Whiz is going to keep him in there and have Max be more of a game manager, simlar to Flacco’s role his rookie season. I feel the defense has the potential to keep us in the game, if not be a winning factor. I’m sure you’ve seen that we’re 32nd in the league in passing offense and 28th in rushing offense…obviously not too good. Thanks!

31. By mkarizona94 on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

This is going to sound very much like a reactionary comment, but it seems to me like we have had a great deal of problems with ball security all the way back to the beginning of last year. How much did the coaches address it during the off-season, and do they do what the Chicago Bears do where they run a play, and the play is only over when the guy loses the ball (seems to help them collect fumbles and not fumble it)? Or something like that?

32. By Darren Urban on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Ryan —

RE: Offense

Writing a column on it right now. I’m am sure it won’t make those fans irritated any happier, but I will try to explain the situation.

33. By Darren Urban on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

mkarizona —

RE: Fumbles

I assume you are talking about the Bears’ practices? Never heard of that.

No, they don’t do things like that. Again, Whiz’s practices are deeply rooted in the practices he has been through with successful teams — Gibbs’ Redskins, Parcells’ Jets and especially Cowher’s Steelers. To me, fumble issues aren’t team related as much as player related. A big reason he always loved Breaston returning punts was that Steve never fumbled, even though he didn’t awlays break a lot of big gains.

It’s been addressed multiple times. I’m not sure, with professionals, you can do much else except start benching guys. And there are only so many options there.

34. By Nick Pepe on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Darren – I disagree with you on the fumble by veterans issue. You can do more then bench in my opinion. You can teach old dogs new tricks, and you can continue to teach/coach-up veteran players. Perhaps an outside voice or another approach….I don’t make much but if they wanted to pay say a Tiki Barber to come in and “consult” I’d chip in to help cover his fee. Maybe Dr. Bob Rotella comes in to help get his mind into ball security. Ok, I am reaching, but my point is I think there are still alternatives to just benching.
    Respectfully,
    Nick Pepe
    Lifetime Member

35. By card62 on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Beanie should be the starter and bring in Tim to spell him when he is tired or on third and long, and also on third and long bring in Rex H. to replace Alan F. at guard.
    San Diego had a great combination with LT and Sproles. Sproles had a better average but LT was the hammer or key to the running game. I do not think Beanie has fumbled this year and Tim has fumbled how many times? Guys I am not kidding you I was at the Eagles – Titans game this Sunday and Philly had the game won until they fumbled on the Titans goal line. Momentum is so very important in football and if Tim does not fumble and we score making it 10 – 7 it is a totally different footbball game. Watched the Giants – Cowboy game last night and I felt more blue than the Giants uniforms looking at their 3 stud receivers and 2 running backs and Eli, and thinking this was us just last year with Fitz, Boldin, Breaston, Wells, Hightower, Warner, and it could have been us again this year with Bulger or McNabb or quarterback XXXX. Boy did our front office blow it. Took a Porsche and made it a Grelim.

36. By card62 on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

sorry that was Gremlin. GO Cards

37. By mkarizona94 on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Yeah I hear a lot about the Bears and how they are so focused on dominating turnovers that they do not blow the whistle until one of the defensive players rips the ball out.

38. By ross on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Do you think that the coaches feel Tim is the better back aside from the fumbling? If not, then why has he remained the starter for a year and a half?

Do you think he is a better back, or can you not really answer that?

39. By Ben on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Bottom Line:

It does not matter who starts because Whiz will throw the ball 11 of the first 12 plays on offense. Then after 4 3 and outs and we are down by 20 We will hear “yeah we wanted to run more but the score dictated we do something different”.

Same old story from Whiz. The best looking drive all year was the TD against the rams where we didn’t throw the ball once. Lets see more of that Mr. Pitt Run mentality.

I am sorry I am just getting so frustrated with our sub-par mediocre QBs attempting to make play after play while our 1st round pick should be star RB doesn’t get on the field until half way through the first half. It is disgusting.

Chris Wells is being wasted on this team, any other team and he would be an NFL star!!!

40. By Richard S on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

I look at some of the running backs our team let go elsewhere. Garrison Hearst (longest TD run in Niner history (My son was the one in the gold jacket kneeling at the back of the endzone in that run against the Jets – His job was to keep the reporters out of the endzone working for his JC baseball team) and Thomas Jones (2nd most rushing yards in the league over the last 5 years and wonder why they couldn’t have done that when they played for Arizona. Hopefully Hightower won’t go somewhere else to start his career.

41. By justice on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Is Beanie ready to be starter? I have to agree with some previously posts regarding our offense being predictable when Beanie is on the field. From my observation, LSH seems to be more effective running around our ends. He also does well with catching screen passes. How come Coach Whiz doesn’t call more plays for LSH. He seems like making plays every time he touches the ball.

42. By TBru on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

If the defense lines up one way for Tim, and another for Beanie, how about some formations with both of them in the backfield together. It seems like when Haley was here we had a creative offense and now it is the most predictable in the league. Mix things up a bit I think Hightower and The Howling can be used in on short passes sending the receivers deeper. I just don’t think we are being creatve enough with our play calling.

43. By Dre on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

[The big question is whether Whisenhunt actually makes the move to remove Hightower from the starting lineup and replace him with Beanie Wells. Wells, when healthy, usually gets more carries than Hightower anyway. Despite missing two games, Wells already has one more rushing attempt than Hightower. Hightower, however, has 115 more rushing yards.]

I think this is a very bias statement…

This is utterly amazing, we are six games into the season and we are being lead to believe that one back is better then the other according to stats thru 6 games.

Ok here is a stat for you…Hightower fumble/ turnover rate is 17.333 (52 carries w/3 fumbles) per rush attempts. That means every 17.333 Hightower runs the ball he will likely fumble. Beanie Wells fumble rate is 53, since he only has one fumble and 53 rush attempts (not consideration actual turnovers). Beanie has fumbled once this year but has not turned the ball over because he recovered his own fumble, Hightower has not recovered his on fumbles and that’s why he has 3 actual turnovers.

I wonder if people understand why Beanie gets more carries per game over Hightower. But let us look at a few other notes why Hightower may have more yard as of now. Beanie has only played in 4 game coming off arthroscopic knee surgery and two games has been with a rookie QB where defenses are stacking the box because we can’t generate any type of passing game.

If you want to compare apples to apples you have to look at last year stats. And Beanie according to ’09 stats is the better back across the board. Looking at the ’09 fumble rate for Hightower 28.2 (Steve Slaton of the Texan 26.2) compared to Beanie’s 44. Beanie had more carries and still has a better fumble rate. Again, I have to remind you that fumble rate is not the same as turnover rate….for some reason Beanie recoveries most of this fumbles unlike Hightower.

I actually think Hightower should play behind Beanie. Hightower is a good change of pace back and a better third down back.

44. By TucsonTim on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Right on Card62. I agree about the QB situation 100%, but I’m not sure how that keeps Hightower from fumbling in critical situations.

45. By Darren Urban on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Ross —

RE: RBs

Generally I think they have liked Hightower’s overall game more to this point and also wanted to keep Beanie hungry.

It’s hard to argue that Beanie is not the better pure running back. Hightower is the better receiver and probably the better blocker.

46. By Dre on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

card62

Re: Tim’s fumble

I agree with your comment. I just wanted to say the score was 3 to zip Seattle when Tim fumbled on our 30 yard line. Tim fumble was a 10 to 14 point turn around. Instead of us tying the game with a FG or scoring a TD we gave the ball up (in scoring position). Andre Roberts muffed kick doesn’t happen and ultimately neither does Seattle’s only TD.

It definitely was a momentum killer and it is safe to say everything snowballed from that point. Our defense did an excellent job consider all they had to overcome…even Joey Porter came through for us with a sack.

47. By ross on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Dre, since they started playing together, Beanie is averaging 4.16 yards per carry and tim is up to 4.77.

Add it all up and Tim has more yards on fewer carries.

Throw in receptions and Tim wins by a mile.

Blocking furthers the advantage.

Leadership and not whining to the media…thumbs up for tim.

Fumbling is the only place where beanie wins…

Darren, you have to admit that hightower has added an extra dimension to his game this year- his speed and vision are vastly improved.

I think he is the better pure runner now.

But,at the end of the day, he needs to hang on to the ball.

48. By LUKE on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

you guys screaming for wells and hightower to switch on the depth chart,do you really think it will matter?when beanie starts fumbling again will you scream for hightower again?I like both of the backs but ,for the love of god hold on to the ball!!!!

49. By Dre on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Ross–

Re: better back

During the rams game I was almost ready to say Hightower was playing his butt off compared to Beanie but then he fumbled. It was a big fumble too, because we were on the road, in scoring position and we needed to lean on the running game…Seattle had a #2 rush defense. If we could of continued exploiting the run we could of tore them apart with the pass. A freaking rookie was guarding Fitz and we couldn’t take advantage of the match-up. Max Hall needed help and because of that fumble Tim didn’t have another rush attempt which hurt the team in the long run. We needed both Beanie and Hightower to do what they do the best…a fumble prevented Hightower from helping relieve some of the pressure away from our rookie QB.

And that is what matters the most….every 17 times he touch the ball he might fumble and that can not happen in the NFL BUDDIE.

50. By Billy Thomas on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Well I think he let DRC go because I think DRC was coached to run in and block the thing this week. It looked like he was rushing after the kick more than usual which made me feel like they were trying to exploit something. Also, he made the right call by rushing it only when they could afford to give up those 5 yards (after the initial penalty). Also, this is a first time issue for DRC. Timmy has fumbled often and in many crucial situations. I love Timmy, but he has got to figure out the fumbling thing because right now there can be nothing worse than a guy who is supposed to be able to hang on to the ball not hanging on. Our offense can’t handle those turnovers with Max Hall still learning things.

51. By Scott H on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Timmy’s been such a great playmaker that I would hate to suggest that his role be decreased to any degree, but…what else can be done??? Because SOMETHING needs to get through to this guy THAT YOU CAN’T GIVE THE DAMN BALL AWAY LIKE HE DOES. Period. Whiz hit the nail on the head – and I give him credit for saying it – when he said that his fumbles are killing momemtum that the team gets going at key points in games. IF the Cardinals score on that early second half drive against Seattle, they could have been right back in the game. What’s maddening is that it was Timmy himself that moving the ball for them so effectively on that drive…and then, wham. Fumble, other team recovers, and the hole gets deeper. I hate to say it but Beanie should absolutely move into the starters spot for real and start getting the majority of the carries for the next few games. Not that we should put Timmy on the shelf, but…something has to shake him up make the light come on. And if sitting on the sideline and watching someone else carry the mail is what it takes, then so be it. Sounds to me like Whiz is already starting to send the message verbally…action will follow if things don’t change.

52. By AndyStandsUp on Oct 26, 2010 | Reply

Who cares which guy starts? If Wells gets the nod does that mean that Hightower won’t have as many, or more, carries than Beanie? Moot point.

A little pet peeve of mine on this forum goes with a statement like: “The Defence looses the ball game while Bidwell sits idly buy.”
    Followed by: “I meant the ‘Offence’.”
    I know this is the Twitter/text age, but man!

P.S. Darren. Breaston fumbled at least one punt against the Lions.

53. By John on Oct 27, 2010 | Reply

Darren, I just have to say this is one of the best forums in the league. I appreciate the fact that you are not letting in the “this team rules or this team sucks” guys. The posts here are mostly well thought out and have swayed my opinion many times. I love reading the posts with my morning coffee!

54. By Darren Urban on Oct 27, 2010 | Reply

AndyStands —

RE: Breaston fumble

Why, that son of a b****.

55. By redredred on Oct 27, 2010 | Reply

I like the double back threat, Hightower and Beanie make a good duo. That option can be a major kink in opposing teams D and the Cards could be a dangerouse team in the run game. I always believed a great run game wins championships over passing and even a complete D. Having a pass/run play on an audiable would be poisonous, especially with Fitz and Breaston paired out wide, wow.
    The only team I’ve seen beat the Cardinals this year are the Cards themselfs. Attention to detail men,
    Minus half the mistakes with that lack of attention, the cards would most likely be 5-1. Clean that up and I see a 10-6 maybe a 11-5 season if real hungry and a great run to the Title.

56. By Eazy E on Oct 27, 2010 | Reply

Hightower still should have had more carries dude had a 10 yard average and Beanie had great patience on that td run both our rbs are beasts but hightower still should start he’ll more than make up for the fumbles

2. Oct 26, 2010: Tweets that mention Word From the Birds Blog -- Topsy.com