The Cardinals are expected to have one linebacker back and be missing another Sunday against the Bucs. Linebacker Clark Haggans is doubtful for Sunday because of his bad groin (Will Davis will start in his place). Meanwhile, it looks like Gerald Hayes will be back, although coach Ken Whisenhunt still wouldn’t 100 percent commit to it quite yet (Hayes has to be placed on the active roster, necessitating someone else being released).
– Hayes said he is just happy about the little things he can do in life — like bend over to tie his shoes — that were made difficult or impossible before he had his back surgery. Playing football again was important, but not the only important thing.
“I”m just happy I am healthy,” Hayes said. “Everyday things I am thankful for. … In the back of your mind you worry about (having it the rest of your life). But like any other gladiator, any other player out there, you go out and push through it and let the chips fall where they fall.”
– Hayes said it was up to the coaches how much he would play. Whisenhunt said Hayes wouldn’t play 60 plays or anything like that, but Hayes said he will prepare like he would play the whole game.
– O’Brien Schofield is still mentally “swimming” a bit, Whisenhunt said, noting the Cards had to re-run a play in practice today because Schofield didn’t do it right. But that’s to be expected, the coach added.
– LB Will Davis was added to the injury report with a sore knee and is questionable, but he is expected to play.
– Whisenhunt also said he didn’t have a favorite costume for Halloween. “I’m scary enough without a costume,” Whisenhunt said. “That’s what my daughter’s boyfriends say.”
Tags: Clark Haggans, Gerald Hayes, Ken Whisenhunt, O'Brien Schofield, Will Davis
Posted in Blog | 13 Comments »