Beanie plays, Hayes expected to start

Posted by Darren Urban on November 7, 2010 – 9:35 am

Running back Beanie Wells will be active today for the Cardinals, while safety Hamza Abdullah gets his chance to face off with his brother, Vikings safety Husain as the Cards inactivate fellow safety Matt Ware. Linebacker Gerald Hayes is also expected to be in the starting lineup finally, with rookie Daryl Washington coming off the bench in a rotation.

For the Vikings, hobbled wide receiver Percy Harvin is active, despite his injury and fight with coach Brad Childress Friday.

Besides Ware, the inactives for the Cards include:

• WR Max Komar
  • QB John Skelton
  • CB A.J. Jefferson
  • LB Clark Haggans (groin)
  • LB Reggie Walker
  • C Ben Claxton
  • NT Gabe Watson

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

54 Responses to “Beanie plays, Hayes expected to start”

1. By Eric on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Any specific reason behind making Ware inactive? I hope Whiz isn’t doing this just so the brothers can face each other.

2. By Thrasher on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

You do a great job with the site.

Hopefully the Cards can not turn the ball over today.

The big thing that I worry about is the early start time. Time changes don’t usually help the cards too much.

3. By JoeVero on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Darren – Is Beanie starting again today?

4. By We'll miss Q on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

I am shocked Ware is not active. Darren, not sure if you are checking the page today or not, but any idea if this move is due to an injury with Ware, or his performance? I sure do not think it has anything to do with Abdullah’s family ties…I hope.

5. By Darren Urban on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Eric, Miss Q –

RE: Ware

I don’t see Whiz doing it for that reason.

6. By Darren Urban on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

JoeVero –

RE: Beanie starting

That’s what I would expect.

7. By Nick Pepe on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

No turnovers, no stupid penalties, and this is a win. It is about time they played well in all facets of the game for 60 minutes. I said it before, I have a good feeling about this week. Go Big Red.

8. By brad oneill on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

wow our defense has to be exhausted. finally something to cheer about offensively. I wish they would just run the ball, i know it hasnt been terribly effective but 2 and short 3 and short run it run it run it. quit trying to be sneaky and just run it. i dont care if we have to punt.

9. By Mark on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

I like how the game is going so far into the fourth and DA has suprised me with how well he has played, but has beanie even had one carry?

10. By cardsalltheway on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Shofield…NICE. As of the end of the 3rd quarter, the Cards defense has scored me 24 points for my fantasy team. 2 sacks, 2 interceptions, 1 fumble recovery, 1 scoring TD, 1 return TD, and Rhodes almost had me another TD, but now he’s out of the game due to some kind of injury:(

11. By azcards24 on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

sorry to be negative love my cardinals but not that excited beanie wells is starting or not . Not been impressed lately injury or not.

12. By brad oneill on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

two heartbreakers in a row. I am running out of remote controls to throw into my wall.

13. By DHALL on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

FIRE BILLY DAVIS! That was terrible!

14. By azcardfan on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

The cards suck. The coach needs to be fired. Worst play calling ever. WHO GOES TO A PREVENT DEFENSE WHEN YOU ARE AHEAD???? Who runs the ball rather than get it down field when you are ahead??? I have about had it and after being a fan since they arrived in Arizona am about to go to another team. I can’t take being a supporter any more..They give me no reason to remain a fan. Go find another team Fitz. Dockett got his money and sucks.

15. By Chuck 1 on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

What was it that Dandy Don Meredith sang?
    “TURN OUT THE LIGHTS. THE PARTYS OVER”!!!

16. By David on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

I really wish Whiz would just let rookey Max Hall start and loose some games. I’m tired of watching an experianced QB, who is barely any better than matt leinart, loose games. I’d rather watch a rook loose, knowing that it’s going to take some time to improve.

Anderson at three chances to move the ball down the field today and hold the win, but nope…

17. By AzCardsFanatic on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Didn’t have big Turnovers… yet the Cardinals still blow the lead. I think it is safe to say that our team isn’t any good. Are the Cardinals cursed or something?

18. By cardsbigredfan on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Can anyone freaking finish a game. We should have won this game. How do we freaking self destruct. Terrible Defense, and team performance when it mattered

19. By Lone-Eagle on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Evidently the Cards defense forgot who Favre is and what he is capable of. Also, the play calling by whiz was down right bad, and in my opinion, entirely too conservative. Obviously the Cards were not trying to win, they were playing not to lose. Well I would have to say that it didn’t work. What more is there is to say. I believe the it is time for a change. Whiz needs to get off his high horse and bring in an offensive coordinater. The defense was absolutely pathetic in the last 5 minutes. That defense was ugly. Obviously someone forgot to tell the Cards that a football game is 60 minutes. The O-line is entirely to inconsistent. It seems like they play one good play and then 2 lousy plays. Anderson played well today with the exception of a coulpe of ill-advised passes. the O-line however did not protect him at all. Darren, I was curious on why Beanie only got one touch today? Did it have anything to do with his knee? Well let’s see how the rest of the division does today!! Today was a disappointing day. Hope they can do better next week at home against the Seahawks!!!

20. By Go BIRDS!!!!! on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Great game, all Birds fans need to hold thier heads high today… Yeah a couple of 3 and outs could have been better, the TD by Rhodes should have went all the way, the D could have held better, but man… what a game….

21. By PWalker on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

The defense stopped playing aggressively in the 4th quarter, stopped blitzing. The one blitz they called they got burned on so they quit. The DC played not to lose instead of to win. No guts. Where is DRC, the guy is invisible. Rhode’s fumble was inexcusable.

The offense played better by not turning the ball over. Scoring 10 isn’t going to cut it in this league unless you have a great defense. The Cardinals defense has to be close to the bottom of the league, right with the offense.

The Vikings blitzed and stayed aggressive all the way to the end, they played to win which is why they won.

Personally I think the Cards played their best game of the season. I do not know if they can play any better than that. Is it good enough to win the West, probably not? The coaching staff definitely has problems, headed for the cellar.

22. By Casey on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

RE: Elephant in the Room

Why is Adrian Wilson ever used in coverage? You will never admit it because Adub is supposedly one of the faces of this franchise, but the guy gets abused in coverage. He should only play in the box either rushing the QB or stopping the run. How can this be any more obvious? This defense is awful and I think you can point to Adub’s liability in coverage as the primary reason.

A couple of other elephants- Bill Davis. When is he going to be held accountable for the decline of this defense going back to the second half of last year? He may be a decent linebacker’s coach, but he is absolutely an atrocious coordinator. Every team in the league blitzes Favre because he can’t move on a bum ankle, but when it counts most, the Cards are dropping everyone in coverage and just bringing 4.

Finally, and I know I’m wasting my time because Whiz has to be the most stubborn head coach in all of football, but when are you and other members of the media going to truly challenge Whiz on his role as head coach and play caller? When is Whiz going to cede control of the play calling so that he can more effectively manage games? Honestly, you can make a compelling argument that poor game management inside of 5 minutes the last two games has cost this team 2 wins and firm control of the division.

Honestly, at this point, I just wish there were a way to ensure a high draft pick so the Cardinals can start over with a legitimate QB prospect.

Thanks,
    Casey

23. By Scott H on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Nick Pepe -

Um…at what point did you stop watching the game? You definitely tuned out at some point…ya know what? I wish I had done the same. Finding ways to lose is what BAD teams do, and, well…do I really need to finish that thought?

Let’s review…first, Percy Harvin couldn’t even practice on Friday because his ankle was still pretty bad. Yet, we somehow let him be open ALL FRIGGIN DAY and he rings up 12 catches for more than 120 yards. Gee, it’s a good thing he was limited, huh? They has NO ONE else to throw to all day and yet our defense can’t find a way to slow him down??? Sad. REALLY sad.

Then, we have Farve…with all his injuries…a 40 year old guy who pretty much has a permanent limp at this point….who was taken off the field on a cart in the fetal position last week…and we let him throw for a CAREER HIGH today. This is a guy who has been playing since the damn Regan admininstration ( or is it actually carter??? ) and yet he’s NEVER thrown for the yardage total he threw for today! Again, sad. REALLY sad.

You have a team who has all sorts of drama going on with fans in the stands holding signs demanding that the head coach be fired…they’re about ready to riot in the streets because this team is probably one loss away from losing all hope for this season…and the Cardinals let them off the hook by letting them fix everything that has been wrong all season in one quarter and a few minutes of overtime. One more time – Sad. REALLY sad.

Looks like the Cardinals have become once again what they were for so many years until recently – they have become the team that is good for whatever is ailing you. Doesn’t matter what another team has going on, how many injuries they have, how much turmoil they have swirlling around them, etc, etc, etc. All it takes to get it all back on track is a game against the Cardinals. I really didn’t miss those days but they are here again.

Hate to say it, but coach Whiz is starting to look pretty average ( BARELY ) without Warner here to lead this team.

PS – Does Nick know yet that they actually lost this game??? Hate to tell him but as it turns out, they only played well in all facets for 55 minutes!

24. By Dre on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

How many times do I have to bring this to y’all attention…

Minnesota game…Time of Possession 27:13 Time of Possession 38:05 L
    Tampa game…….Time of Possession 29:31 Time of Possession 30:29 L
    Seattle game…….Time of Possession 22:43 Time of Possession 37:17 L
    Saints game……..Time of Possession 30:01 Time of Possession 29:59 W
    Chargers game….Time of Possession 25:02 Time of Possession 34:58 L
    Raiders game……Time of Possession 27:02 Time of Possession 32:58 W
    Falcons Game…..Time of Possession 20:47 Time of Possession 39:13 L
    Rams Game……..Time of Possession 27:09 Time of Possession 32:51 W

Time of Possession is our biggest problem followed by turnovers and then the QB/ passing game combination….and you can’t fix number two and three without dealing with number one first.

Turnovers and mistakes/ penalties are the obvious problems. The one stat that goes unnoticed is Time of Possession. The most I have the ball the less you can do something. It’s really not that hard but they play good for once. Just got to keep working and learn how to maintain drives.

25. By TBru on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

arrrrrrrrghhhh!

26. By SeeingRed on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Don’t know why anyone is shocked Ware is inactive this game considering he’s been a total non factor this season…Not even sure if he’s shown up on special teams. Hamza made a nice play at the end of the game when the D stopped Minn on the 1 yard line.

27. By Casey on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

RE: Adub TERRIBLE in coverage

Just in case you thought I was the only one who noticed Adub just about single-handedly allow Favre to pass for career record yardage, just thought you might want to take a look at Doug Franz’s notes from the game- take a look at how many plays he notes Adub giving up. Even more appropriately, Doug has the courage to state the obvious: Except for Week 1 against St. Louis, Adub has been awful this season:

Just wondering if you’ll have the courage to ask Whiz why this guy has underperformed all year and why the Cardinals continue to expose him in coverage? In the post game analysis on KTAR, Damien Anderson literally said, “Adrian Wilson was exposed today.” Yet you, Whiz and everyone else who receives a paycheck signed by Mr. Bidwill will continue to try to convince us that he’s one of the best safeties in the league and a star on this team. This is why Whiz and so many others in this organization are losing all credibility with the fans.

Casey

28. By Casey on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

RE: Moss

You’re right! What was I thinking suggesting the Cardinals could benefit from having another offensive weapon in Moss? Clearly, Breaston is such a better #2! I forgot what an offensive juggernaut this offense have become through 8 games. You’re right, no room for a guy like Moss who stretches the field with all of these game breakers in Cardinals uniforms! Keep it up Darren. Keep beating the drum for Whisenhunt. Keep telling us what a star in the NFL Breaston is and how much potential this offense has.

Like you said so many times during the offseason, the thought of trying to bring in McNabb or Vick is ridiculous. I mean, any fan who would suggest such a thing clearly doesn’t have a clue, clearly doesn’t understand football, clearly can’t identify talent. And we should never question Whiz’s decision to cut Leinart, because no one in life is ever evaluated in hindsight in terms of how their decisions work out. You’re right, CEOs, political leaders, doctors, lawyers, teachers and football coaches are never evaluated in hindsight for how their decisions/actions work out. We should give Whiz a free pass on that one too. Everything he touches is gold. Because he was able to win with Denny’s players for two consecutive seasons, he should get a lifetime contract with the Cardinals and never be challenged on anything by you Darren. Excellent journalism- you’re really serving this team and fan base well. Keep up the good work Darren!

Casey

29. By TucsonTim on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Nick -

In case you didn’t notice, we lost the game. Offensive coordinator didnt recognize that the defense changed completely in the second half and he made no adjustments. And I would call the very first penalty of the game on the very first play a very stupid penalty. Wasn’t Whiz a tight end???

30. By Darren Urban on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Casey –

Always a pleasure to hear from you.

31. By TucsonTim on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Who doesnt love 24? But what is wrong. He got schooled by A Gates. Is he hurt? Has he just lost it? Every offensive coordinator for the rest of the season will try to set up that A-dub coverage on a tight end who is obviously too fast for 24. But what worries me more is the out and out miss-tackles and misses so large they can’t even be called miss-tackles. Oh my

32. By TucsonTim on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Darren-

You asked me for the definition of a real fan. I think Casey is a real fan. I think the HHH Metrodome was full of real fans. See all of the “Waive Chilly” signs? I’m not saying the fans per say could have fired Chilly if they had lost that game, the owner would have….but the “real fans” were reminding him of it on every down. I’ll address real sports writers later. I wasn’t trying to slight you. You work for the Cardinals and I’m amazed at the open access you allow here. You do have the best blog on an NFL web site.

33. By RED BIRD 66 on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Poorly coached game. So we kick there buts being aggressive for 3 1/2 quarters and then get scared. Nice job Whiz!! We need a offensive coordinator. Larrys best day and then we think we are going to run out the clock. Totally predictable, my buddy called from minn in the 4th and conceded and as I told him-they will find a way to blow it and guess what. Wilson sucks, find a new safety. Great D, at least for 55 minutes. Stick in the fork AZ is done.

34. By OLD CARDS FAN on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

i told you guys last week that the def. is the problem.they are who we thought they were (SOFT).HOW can you let a old qb with 1 leg and a bum chin sit in the pocket and pick you apart and then expect DA to win the game c’mon man here we go the same ol cards get ready for a 10 year playoff drought. this team is SOFT,SOFT.SOFT.

35. By TucsonTim on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Casey -

Thanks for the post. I hate to say it, but I started Visanthe Shiancoe on my fantasy team today because I expected him to do what he did. Looking to the outside on an inside post is what I would expect a rookie to do. I mean the guy is a pro bowler, what’s up. Did he think someone from the sidlines was going to throw that pass?

4 straight 3 and outs at the end of the game after we were dominating. Very strange play calling don’t you think?

36. By TucsonTim on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Scott H -

Thank you for another blogger calling out Davis. Last year he did it over and over. We score and the defense goes soft. Hightower scores on the first play agaist NO and you can hear a pin drop in the Superdome, but we play soft and allow them to come back. How is it that McFadden was so below average last year and now he is part of the Steelers defense??? Do you think the 40 year old Steeler cast offs even listen to this guy. I bet they wouldn’t treat Henderson that way if he was given the authority to kick their asses.

37. By TucsonTim on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

David -

FYI, Anderson doesn’t call the plays.

38. By TucsonTim on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Go Birds -

Are you Michael Bidwill?

39. By nor cal cards fan on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Adrian has played so poorly this season, it’s unreal. It has the reached the point that he should be benched for all obvious passing situations, because EVERYBODY in the league is well aware that he is horrible in pass coverage, and he will continue to get exposed over and over and over again. Apparently, no one has given this memo to Whiz or Billy D. My feeling towards Adrian as a die hard fan have evolved over the last few weeks from anger and frustration towards his play, to now i almost feel embarrassed for him. I mean he is getting exposed so bad out there that it’s hard to watch. Unfortunately, his pass coverage skills have never improved throughout his entire career. If they haven’t improved by now, then they never will. In fact, as he gets older, they will only continue to diminish more and more, as we have seen this year. A competent coaching staff should be able to identify this and try to do something about it. The only thing left to do is to give someone else a chance in coverage because well, Adrian can’t cover anybody. Wow, there’s a concept. Somebody isn’t getting their job done correctly, another person gets an opportunity to do it. I think it’s like that in most work places across America. Urb- If u wrote a crappy, poorly written story as many times as Adrian has been burnt in coverage this year, the Bidwills would have fired you a long time ago…

40. By Peter in Canada on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

This was another heart breaker following the heart breaker of last week. I agree that the defense broke down at the end and we avoided turn overs and still lost. But let’s not forget that of our 24 points 14 were not produced by the offence. One blogger talks about time of possession. When most of our TD’s are being produced by special teams and turnovers the ball goes right back to their offence so time of possession will not be in our favour.

After all that, is there a single blogger out there that does not believe that if Warner was behind centre we would be at worst 6-2 and comfortably in control of the division. The QB has to do a little more than just not turn the ball over.

41. By Blueblood on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Laugh all you want, but I am going to throw this out there. Think of the movie Major League and the pitcher, “Wild Thing”. Is it possible DA might have a vision problem?

42. By jdcrow59 on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Cardinal defense: They are what we thought they were………….Unable to make a play when the game is on the line. 400 plus passing yards from a 41 year old QB on one leg. That’s terrific. And lets not forget Anderson sailing it over fitz’s head as he was wide open in the ot period. The defense can’t play 60 minutes, the offense can’t put a drive together when the money is on the table and the coaching staff does not have any idea on how to stem the tide. Other than that, everything is okay. Like it or not gang, they are back to being a very average team at best.

43. By Casey on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

RE: My Pleasure

Well, if things keep going the way they are, you won’t have to worry about hearing from anyone. You’ll be able to finish your articles by halftime while hearing yourself think letter by letter at home games less than half the stadium full just like the good ‘ol days at SDS. Be careful what you wish for Darren. If fans like myself and everyone else above aren’t posting comments on a regular basis, I’m not sure there is a need for a website coordinator.

I never want to make these posts personal and we all know you aren’t the orchestrator and leader of the pathetic, putrid 2010 version of the Cardinals. But, you are a conduit for fans and for the team, and as such, I do expect you to carry the message from these posts to the coaches and players in an effort to hold them accountable. As season ticket holders, do we not have the right to send a message to this team? Is it too much to expect you to help send that message? Do we not have a right to hold this organization accountable when we are some of those responsible for its revenue?

Why is Whisenhunt beyond reproach? For what? 2 winning seasons with a Hall of Fame Quarterback he didn’t even bring to the team (along with other members of the core he had no hand in acquiring- Fitz, Boldin, Dansby, Rolle, Hayes, Dockett, Edge, etc, etc.)?

You talk about fans not understanding the “personal element” to these situations- does that mean you can’t question Bill Davis? Adrian Wilson? Rod Graves for the QB situation? That’s fine Darren, I guess we will all continue to look to the Mike Sando’s and Mike Florio’s of the world to hold this team accountable. Clearly, it’s too much to ask of you… And quite frankly, that’s systemic of how this entire organization is run (no accountability) and why I don’t expect anything to change on a permanent basis going forward.

This organization has enjoyed 3 successful seasons in 50 years on the backs of the extraordinary performances of 2 quarterbacks- Jake Plummer and Kurt Warner. Outside of that? Nothing. Absolutely nothing Darren. And if you’re comfortable in your role doing what you can to perpetuate that legacy, congratulations my man! Good work.

Thanks,
    Casey

44. By Darren Urban on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Tucson –

RE: Fans/blog

Well, I appreciate that. Thinking Casey disagrees.

Look, I gird myself for anger/frustration after losses like today. That’s part of the deal, and you all should have a forum. I don’t have a problem with that. I do have a problem for anyone who doesn’t like it when, after they fire, I may fire back. That’s part of the deal here. If you want a “Thank you for your comment” kind of response, we have a set up to go right to the team (click here). If you want interaction, come to the blog.

45. By card62 on Nov 7, 2010 | Reply

Dear Casey we all feel your pain, well except for Brad C. and the Vikings as Christmas and playing the Cardinals go hand in hand in 2010. This season is over and was over in the preseason when we saw that our o line was poor again and that we failed to get a QB in the off season and we released Leinart. Cmon Casey admit it you knew deep down that we were not good before the season started. We also need an OC, but really would that have mattered with our o line today? Vikings no sacks in the last 3 games and we give up 6 and we can not run the ball. Derek Anderson is our QB so no way for any magic like Warner did with our poor o line. We scored 2 TD on special teams and our offense can only muster 13 first downs and like 225 total yards. Any team in the NFL is always in the game with us because our offense has no game in 2010. Our only hope to win is special teams. defense, and not turning the ball over, and of course turnovers from the other team. Our offense which was so good the last two years even with sub par o line is now a total joke, and you guys want to fire the DC. You can not keep putting your defense on the field over and over and over again . They get tired. DD was there to stop Peterson in OT for no gain and just did not make the tackle. I think a few coaches need to be fired on the offensive side before we fire any other coaches.
    I am proud of our team for they did fight to the end and I am sorry season ticket holders but this is all we can hope for in 2010. I do not know what our final record will be nor do I care as I know a good team and a bad team and no one and I mean no one except for the Cardinal strongest kool aid drinkers can call our team a good team in 2010. Casey lets wait and see how Whiz corrects his mistakes in the off season before we write him off and lets see how the team performs in 2011, but I do hope that season ticket holders do not rush out to buy 2011 season tickets until we see some right moves in the off season.
    Darren you are in a no win situation in 2010 so stay calm and just keep writing great articles and remember we vent because we care and sometimes we care too much which results in us venting too much and you are the man behind the counter we see first.
    Go Cards keep playing hard and improving your game.

46. By Chuck 1 on Nov 8, 2010 | Reply

Davis must go.
    Faneca, Porter, ADub, Haggans, DA, and Hall must go.
    One of Whiz’s tenets WAS that the best player would play. Watching ADub, it is obvious that Whiz doesn’t apply that tenet to him (or Faneca).
    As Dandy Don Meridith sang when it was clear that one team had the game won,
    “TURN OUT THE LIGHTS, THE PARTY’S OVER”!!!
    For the fans that can handle reality, this season’s party is OVER!!!

47. By Chuck 1 on Nov 8, 2010 | Reply

I encourage all Cards fans, who expect and want better results from all of the organization, to go to the following site, that Darren has provided and POLITELY give feedback.

48. By Chuck 1 on Nov 8, 2010 | Reply

OOPS!!!

My bad.

Here is the Fan Feedback site URL.

49. By Scott H on Nov 8, 2010 | Reply

TucsonTim -
    I hear ya, man. Coaching needs to be held accountable, period. I’m so tired of this In Whiz we Trust crap, I could scream. He is coming up REAL small in the post-Warner era and it is very disappointing. And Davis? I’m sorry, but he should be losing his job. Today. I’m not taking anything away from the Vikings here…they decided that they needed this game and they came out and took it when it came time to do or die. But I cannot and will not accept how utterly un-able our defense was to stop them with a 2 TD lead with under 5 minutes to play. Considering that we were not getting ANY pressure on Favre at that point and their players were tearing off yards in bunches ( running AND passing ), then I have to ask – WHERE THE HELL WERE OUR GUYS??? I mean, did we actually have 11 guys on the field at that point, or not??? It sure didn’t look like it because everywhere they went with the ball, there was open space for whatever Viking had the ball on that play. Why was our defense so NOT in a position to make plays? It was making me sick. It was EXACTLY the same lousy feeling I had watching that Monday night game against the Bears in 2006. Because I KNEW for a fact that they were going to blow it and lose the game. It’s like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I could go on, but…what’s the point?

PS – BTW, I also had Shiancoe in my fantasy line-up yesterday! Why wouldn’t I??? Is anyone in the NFL more generous to other teams’ TE’s than the Cardinals??? Hey, I’m not glad I benefitted from it, but…whatever.

50. By Lone-Eagle on Nov 8, 2010 | Reply

Casey,

I agree with you 100% and I believe you got something off your chest that alot of other fans wanted to say including myself, just didn;t have the testicular fortitude to do so. As for Cards62, ever since Whiz came here, he brought in a different attitude. That same attitude is not showing this year. The defensive line looks lazy, they play like Moss suggested, when they want to! I am sorry, but I am only calling it as I see it. Oh and Darren, as for the other site you gave, what is the point. The front office is not going to listen to mere fans, and I sure as hell know Whiz isn’t either! That’s why he’s making the big bucks, and besides I have tried your suggestion, got nothing out of it. I willl continue to watch the Cards play regardless win or lose, but I’ll be darned especially in this economy if I am going to spend a ridiculous amount of money for tickets and the gas to drive 200 miles round trip to watch the team continue to play the way they are playing. Last of all I have to agree with jdcrow69 and Chuck 1!!! They hit it right on the money.

51. By Darren Urban on Nov 8, 2010 | Reply

Lone –

RE: “Other site”

My point of the other link wasn’t for you to not say something here. My point was that, here, you get me answering/debating what is said. I get the feeling some expect me to take what is said and shut up and quietly take it. That’s not how it works right here.

52. By AndyStandsUp on Nov 8, 2010 | Reply

In regards to Casey, thank you for being a dedicated, knowledgeable fan who can express their thoughts while being literate.
    But this is Urban’s site and he runs it as he sees fit. Despite being a team employee he, IMO, presents both sides of the argument; whether it’s railing against Hall and Anderson or questioning Porter’s effectiveness.
    At the end of the day, if you don’t like the product being delivered you replace it.
    There are several sites that allow comments about the Cardinals.

53. By cardsalltheway on Nov 9, 2010 | Reply

Casey,
    Very well said.
    What’s wrong Darren, why don’t you have much to say in response to Casey? As I’ve said before I can’t stand listening to the Cards coach since early on this year(the cut of Leinart, then demotion of John Skelton after his FANTASTIC 1st preseason game performance).
    However, when I have tuned in I can barely hear your questions to Ken W. Those I do hear do sound a bit lame. Why can’t we hear the questions very well? Are you shy/scared of Ken W., don’t reporters want to be heard?

54. By Darren Urban on Nov 10, 2010 | Reply

Cardsall –

RE: Questions

Yes. I am a failure at what I do. I should be run out of town. Clearly, I should get your information and have you take my job here. You obviously would be so much better at it.